(2007/01) Jan

Hi all

I am new in this thread. Been following the thread but never post before. My gal is also born in Jan 07. *Wave*
happy.gif

aqua,
**abish** u r the most senior member here leh..
btw, what's the meaning of ha-ki-ki?

msworri,
ur nick really tells abt ur character then. hehehe... i also give crayons and a colouring book to JK, he just colour n scribble whatever he likes n whenever he likes... in fact, no mater how long i've tried teaching him colours, he never learnt... to my surprise, he almost instantly picks up very fast after he starts colouring....

Hi Hui

Thanks for the abish. lolx. I am really new here...see my name you know le. HA-KI-KI. lolx.

Ha-ki-ki is a word my daughter likes to say these days. lolx. It's a cartoon character.

Wah lau.... I went to kiak kiak kiak... now my neck and shoulders feel better, but darn pain lo... but at least can turn my head....

Ha Ki Ki,

Strange leh, you sound just like one of my friends.. I think you and her can be good friends... you know Aquarius 888? The siao siao lao bu who likes to jump in and out of holes around here?

msworri,

I do what most of the other mums here do.. just throw my girl a pack of colour pencils or a pack of crayons and a piece of blank paper and let her play away.

I tried getting her colouring books previously, but she simply got no interest, so I just stuck with plain paper. Some kids can, but I think most kids their age have no idea about boundaries and colouring, so they are happiest with a piece of plain paper which they are free to 'mutilate'.

I think mess is inevitable when it comes to toddlers.... the best solution I can think of is just spread out newspaper/plastic sheets in a corner and let your girl "free play" there, so at least you only got that corner to clean up.
happy.gif

hi sherl, how do you do? really I can be good friends with aquarius? But hor I still dunno how to jump in and out of holes...hmmm...maybe I have to learn first. Actually I also see you and milderina jumping in and out of the holes...is that a trend now? hee hee
happy.gif

Hakiki, welcome here! u ve more details on kids dash?

msworri, its norm that kids ve short attn span. like sherl, i will definately spread newspaper if she is playing wif paints. mess is something unavoidable for kids
happy.gif
btw hows ur trial at gug?

charm, tink i will give it a pass too. no doubt estelle likes to run but she run pretty slow :p

mummies,
at least u can still throw some papers and crayons/markers to your kids and leave them to scribble/play......mine can't even do tat...think maybe she either not ready or not interested in it...
happy.gif

zenn,
i didn't sign up after going the trial. think the session is so-so.

mummies,
Hakiki=Aqua lah....I m very very very sure. aqua, u really is a joker...but u can't trick me....I m very observant one...kekekekeeke

welcome welcome ha ki ki! You and aqua can be twins! =) Do you have a son and daughter like aqua too? =p

msworri - I also just give Trisha paper and crayons/colour pencils/markers/paint to just doodle and mess up. Just lay plastic mat/newspapers and have a cloth ready for wiping her hands if stained with paint. It's actually not very messy if you tell her she can only paint on the paper and not anywhere else. of course got accidents lah but it's good to teach her about her boundaries too.

Trisha also cannot sit still for long to colour and she colour a bit here and there and want to stop after 10 minutes. Unless she sees that I also write/colour, then she will want to copy me.

Dun worry too much. Kids all develop at different rates and I read a parenting book, they all will be more or less on par by 3 yrs old.

Good morning all!
happy.gif

I am so happy this morning...I received news that there is a newcomer who can be my twins so faster come in take a look!

Hi Ha ki ki! You really quite similar to me hor. Btw, you also have a boy and a gal? ME TOO!!! So qiao! Cannot believe it!

Msworri, I really do not know Ha Ki Ki de. *Innocent look at Msworri*

Sherl! Maybe I shld ask Mildy to conduct lessons on digging hole since hers is moolah hill. wkakakakakak

Zenn, wa lao...you no good la...I last time work where one you dun ask me about Kids Dash. Buay swee lah. *Pouts and stamps feet*

Msworri, I think you really shouldnt worry too much ya. All kids develop their interests at different pace, dun force her if she dun like...she may end up disliking it even more. Maybe she likes other stuff like reading?
happy.gif

Wakakkakakakakaka... Aqua, so strange leh, you here but Ha Ki Ki not here... *looks around for Ha Ki Ki*

Maybe Ha Ki Ki busy learning from Mildy how to dig holes? Wakakakkakakakkakakakkakaka

aqua,
u still acting innocent!Wakakakaka....want me to explain ur loophole? hahahaha....nvm, let u hv some fun with dual personality first.
happy.gif

wakakakaka msworri, shhh...silence is golden lolx.

zenn, I was thinking tonight I photocopy from home then fax over tomorrow instead of bringing the docs to office. Kids Dash is only during Stand Chart Marathon...price I think is less than $20...usually it is first Sunday of Dec.

ello hakiki! welcome to the thread.. thx for the info on kids dash! hahahahaha.. we are so bo liao lor.

aqua:
is the kid's dash usually crowded. cause if it takes place on same day as the Stan Chart marathon, won't it have a lot of ppl? i kinda like the Kids' Run one because it's meant solely for kids.

zenn:
at least ur estelle is willing to run.. kienan will probably run a few steps and then ask me to carry him! *faint*

hi char, not really crowded cos it will be towards the late morning when most people already finished their run...and left those 'half-dead' runners lolx.

Aqua,

now that you back in your hole maybe Ha Ki Ki won't be shy anymore? I think she shy to meet you. Wakakakkakakakkakka

sherl / zenn / msworri
just checked out the Kids' Run website.. and for kids aged 2 to 4 yrs old, the distance is only 700m.
happy.gif
still keen to bring your tots for the run?

hi all,
long time no see and have been MIA for a longest time!! Paisay... really been very very busy, and then got staff retrenchment as well... so now got to do doubly shitty job too leh... I have been working late for continously 2 weeks!

Bluegraphes,
Congrats... wa, i can;t wait for my ML too man! had been counting down & striking off calendar.... hehe

For bbs going into PG already... can I ask wat do the PG teaches har? I went to one cherish hearts nearby, i spend only abt 2 hrs there... and then looking at wat the children do. The principal gave me a timetable of the schedule, but I find that normally they spend most of their time "playing", like not very into learning.... is that supposed to be?
Gotta decide to put Dar into a PG soon... if not meimei come out, really cannot cope with him... he has been rather sticky and demand carry him most of the time....

msn_queen
hello! long time no see! hope you are well? and baby is doing well too?
happy.gif
when are you due?
are you still with a****s? (sorry, don't want to spell out ur company name in cause you don't want ppl to know). how are things there? really retrenching staff ah?
sad.gif

hope your job will be safe!
happy.gif

jen:
you're due around that time right? nvm.. can take part in other kids' run in future. sure have one.
happy.gif

bluegrapes:
oh yes! forgot to congratulate you... take care of yourself!

zenn:
700metres is almost 2x the 400m track in terms of distance... slightly less than 2x the track.
happy.gif

my friend who has gone for the Kids' Run last year said that many parents carry their kids in the end.. esp if they are young. hahaha.. i'm still considering if i should bring kienan. this type of thing, more fun if there are friends who are bringing their kids along...

mummies, need some advice about water bottles for ur kids..
- do you all buy BPA-free water bottles for ur kids? or you all just let them drink from normal plastic water bottles?

right now, kienan is using a spongebob plastic water bottle. i'm wondering if i should get him a BPA-free one. there's a BP for thermos food jars/water bottles going on right now, and there's one that's BPA-free. i'm thinking of getting it..but am not too sure. cause it costs $29.. not cheap.

any comments/advice from the mummies here?
happy.gif

thanks in advance!

Char,

I was under the impression that the BPA thing only really matters if you put boiling hot water inside the bottle (but I could be wrong la, hahaha).

Claire also using cheap cheap plastic bottle now.

char - e run date i should be in confinment. :p

furthermore, i dun think our kids can 'run' for such a long distance, sure need to carry most of the distance..

sherl / zenn/ ms worri
thx for the info!
yeah.. sherl, you may be right about BPA being an issue if we put hot water.. think if this is the case, maybe i save the $29 bah...

jen:
yeah, you're right! most likely our kids won't be able to walk/run the full distance. so if we bring our kids, have to be prepared to carry them!

jen, yet to check out the web. wats the scrapbook abt?

mummies, brought estelle to airport tonight n she was running for 1 over hours! think it's more than 700m kekekeke wonder when comes to outdoor run, will she still do so

Back