(2007/01) Jan

iceblue & mrs iceblue, i was like you when i was preggy with regine.

i nearly abort regine. coz my fear was i m so afraid that # 2 will be like rachel. if he/she is. i dun think i will be able to take such blow again.

i m glad i have my hubby, gynae & friends around to support me. lastly i decided to keep regine. no matter wat happened i will go thru everything.

till now i m so glad tat regine is a healthy baby.

when i was you, asking ard for ppl's opinion. everyone will tell me. dun worry i wont be the same. even my gynae oso told me the same thing.

i decided to keep becoz i feel tat i should give this # 2 a chance. and oso rachel needs a sibling too.

actually no one can decide for us. we have to decide ourselves.

sit down with ur wife & discuss abt this matter.

mrs iceblue,
are u taking care of janson on your own alone? or your MIL/FIL or any others is helping? u din really have any problems during pregnancy when u had janson right? if so, usually the difficult part prob could be 1st trimester when mummy really needs rest, after that, should be ok. if u can discuss with iceblue n prob works out who can help take care of janson if u r tired during pregnancy, prob that will at least solve one of your worries.

as for financial wise, yes, its gonna be a big concern. but sometimes, people can still work it out even when they are poor n have lots of children.

for the time being, by not sending janson to school doesn't mean u r a bad parent. i did not send JK to school as well, i did not even start with home-schooling although i kept wanting to do it. don't worry abt janson would b missing out something or not, i also let JK play n watch tv etc with no other education. i think it's still ok. our times we only start school when 6 yrs old. nevermind one lah..

agree with icy, dun stress yourself by thinking #2 would be like janson or not? Ask yourself, would u like to have another baby? a sibling for janson? i think if u do, then the decision might be better made. N once decision made, then u n iceblue n family would have to stay strong n brave all things tt lies ahead. Just be steadfast n believe. Dun give up to fate. Live your life n make your own decisions. Best wishes.

<font color="ff0000">Any more joining???? If based on 16kids, each kid will be $32

1st 10 kids : $422 ($370+$26+$26)
Additional 16kids : $90
Total : $512
Each kid : $32</font>

<font color="119911">XMAS PARTY @ GYMBOREE</font>

I have received confirmation from Gymboree to confirm that 14 Dec is available. Would appreciate if you could indicate your interest whether keen or not to join cos if there are only few of us, we can just join their xmas party on 20 Dec.

Here are the cost : $370 + $26 (for non member)for 10 kids + $26 for extension to 2hrs. Additional kid is $15 each less than 20kids (11-19kids) or $12 each if 20 n more (11-20 or more). The price is inclusive of 2hr using of the place, of which 1hr will be music &amp; games (with trainer). Each kid will get a coupon for free trial class. Note above price is excluding makan. Btw, anyone here is member?

Date : 14 Dec 2008
Time : around 4.30-6.30pm
Venue : Gymboree Harbour Front
Food : Hi-Tea Menu

1) Estelle + 2 adults (zenn) - ok with gift exchange
2) Rachel + 2 adults &amp; BB Regine (icy) - ok with gift exchange
3) Enbi + 1 adult (fae)
4) Kimi + 1 adult (sugarbean)
5) Janelle + 2 adults (JJM) - ok with gift exchange
6) Jayden + 1 adult (AletheaT)
7) Shannen + 1 adult (AletheaT)
8) Tristan + 1 adult (mango)
9) Malcolm + 1 adult (babymilk) - ok with gift exchange
10) Matthan + 1 adult (babymilk) - ok with gift exchange
11) Alyssa + 2 adults (janey) - ok with gift exchange
12) Bianca + 2 adults (snow) - ok with gift exchange
13) Janson + 2 adults (iceblue) - ok with gift exchange
14) Jing Kai + 2 adults (Hui) - prefer w/o gift exchange
15) Ian + 2 adults (Yosimite) - ok with gift exchange
16) Eunice + 2 adults (tambourina) - ok with gift exchange

HEADCOUNT UP TO DATE

25 Adults

16 Kids

<font color="ff0000">Any more joining???? If based on 18kids, each kid will be $30.11. If we can have 20kids, will be $27.10 each!

Additional 18kids : $120 ($15 x 8)
Each kid : $30.11</font>

XMAS PARTY @ GYMBOREE

I have received confirmation from Gymboree to confirm that 14 Dec is available. Would appreciate if you could indicate your interest whether keen or not to join cos if there are only few of us, we can just join their xmas party on 20 Dec.

Here are the cost : $370 + $26 (for non member)for 10 kids + $26 for extension to 2hrs. Additional kid is $15 each less than 20kids (11-19kids) or $12 each if 20 n more (11-20 or more). The price is inclusive of 2hr using of the place, of which 1hr will be music &amp; games (with trainer). Each kid will get a coupon for free trial class. Note above price is excluding makan. Btw, anyone here is member?

3) Enbi + 1 adult (fae)
14) Jing Kai + 2 adults (Hui) - prefer w/o gift exchange
15) Ian + 2 adults (Yosimite) - ok with gift exchange
16) Eunice + 2 adults (tambourina) - ok with gift exchange
17) Sherilyn + 1 adult (serrich) - ok with gift exchange
18) Shania + 1 adult (serrich) - ok with gift exchange

HEADCOUNT UP TO DATE

27 Adults

18 Kids

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">paging for JEN bibi, Kate, sherl, AMM, Li Yen, zhu zhu, sotongberry, poo power, pinky, Na Na, MSN Queen, KC, jayden mum, jan mum, ginseng mum, ginger, fat babe,cindy, charmaine, cashewnut, bluesky, bluegrapes, bluegenie!!

join us lah....</font>
</font>

Hi Mummies

Need your advice here..

My son has been resisting nap and sleep at nite.. He would kick up a big fuss by crying, crawl all over us, asking this and that so that we will open the door. Every afternoon and nite is really like a battleground. I have used all 'soft' and 'hard' methods but he is still like that.

And the worst is that in the afternoon becoz of all the battle he wld only nap at 4 plus and wake up at 6 plus. So the nite time battle continue and he wld only sleep sometimes at about 1 plus..

This is wearing me out. Did any of the mummies here encounter this before?

boon hi 5!! i m having the same problem as u too!!

i wonder izzit becoz of their terrible 2!!

or izzit hong sim??

rachel used to nap everyday from 10.30am to 12.30pm then after from 3.30pm to 5.30pm.

for the past 2 weeks she doesnt want to nap at all!

like you, is really a battle. i hit her on her thigh. drag her back to the bed whenever she trys her way to get out of the bed.

still like tat!!

hubby ever told me, dun bother dun let her sleep. but if i do tat... there will not be peace when we go out. she will be damn cranky.

Hi Icy, thanks for sharing! It is exactly the same! When I tried to ignore him and pretend to sleep, he will try to dig my nose, eye or mouth.. Arggg..

Over the weekend as he slept till 11 plus in the morning, I skipped his afternoon nap and finally he slept on his own at 9 pm at nite. So thking this might end the battle routine the next day.. but it is still the same.. sigh..

Hopefully like what you have said it is terrible 2 and it will be a passing phase.
sad.gif

zenn dun remind me of tat. i want to puke blood le.

now rachel knows how to point finger &amp; scold ppl "zhu" &amp; "pig"!!

she did tat to me always. damn it!

and now she oso likes to scold my dog &amp; her younger sister. scolding them using her own language &amp; end the sentence with the word "har"! (she copy me!) but she has one sentence very clear &amp; loud with the exact word. "i beat you har."

icy, i cannot stop laughin after readin abt rachel! estelle likes to repeat after us too so nowadays really ve to b v careful wif our language.

zenn, yes! there was once i scolded a driver on the road. Fxxx!! and i pointed middle finger lah. she follows oso! but she use index finger.

from tat day onward, i tell myself i have to stop all these.

icy, zenn, lol! indeed they're very quick with mimicking our actions at this age. Bianca loves to watch hi 5 and she mimics most of the actions (tried to do push up and use metalic bowl as a cap)

snow, i m trying to let rachel loves hi 5 but she is simply not interested! she like thomas &amp; his friends. the choo choo train. tat show so boring!!

Hi Icy, your girl really very advance! haha

My boy still not advance in his speech, but through actions he will also copy us... Got to set a good example every time.

Hi Zenn, ai yo.. Not only he is driving me crazy, also feel very gek sim as well. He can cry incessantly till he puke. But when he see me cleaning up the mess he will help me clean as well. So dun know whether to laugh or cry. They are really capable of manipulating your emotions, swinging from one end to another.

Icy,

Will not be around during the gathering, so cannot join you all.
happy.gif
Have fun!

Yeah, must really be careful what you say in front of the children, not just to them, but whatever you say in general, in their presence. My friend's child also scolds her father using the same language my friend uses to scold him (because they quarrel in front of her la). Kids really learn super fast, and they ALWAYS learn the things you DON'T want them to learn!

boon, my girl isn't very fluent and accurate with her words either. and she likes to add a "arrrr" at the end of every sentence, such as "mummy arrrr", "shopping arrr" -_-!

Icy,

Sorry, will be in Msia on that week.. so can't join you guys.. have fun..

Re: Baby sleeping

Owen has oredi taking 1 nap since 15mths onward.. at the begining, he only sleep for 1 hr in the afternoon (start from 12pm) then his nite sleep will start from 8pm to 9pm till 2nd morning 7am.. lately, he has increase his afternoon nap to 2hr.. sometime he dun really go on bed at 12pm, n i try not to force him.. he will later fall at sleep at around 2pm.. ofcos, i wont let him sleep too much that time n drag him up after an hr so that he can still fall at sleep at 9pm at nite.. n i m quite lucky that this really work n the latest he will fall at sleep at 10pm at nite..
happy.gif
so Icy, i think may be u can change rachel to 1 nap time only..

My hubby bot a cane recently. Now the twins are very scared and will guai guai do what we ask of them. The cane is not to whip them but the floor to serve as a deterrent. I dont wish to use it on my kids but if it works as a deterrent each time we lash it on the floor, at least we dont have to vomit so much blood when disciplining them. As I had told Icy, notti corner doesnt work very well for my twins now, esp my girl who's super rebellious.

My twins are now constantly fighting. At school, it's MeiMei who disturbs Gor Gor. Sometimes for no reason, she will walk towards him and whacks his head.either that or she will take his bag or water bottle to him and when he reahes out for his belongings, she will pull back and run away which makes him so mad that he will cry.

The teachers in school says that Jayden is an angel ( alwys smiling and obeys instructioins). But at home, he's the 'devil'. He is very very ba4 dao4. He must be in the 1st in everything - wash hands/brush teeth/wear shoes/shower, etc. If we let Mei Mei go first, he will cry and grab her by her clothes or whacks her on the head or pinch her. And then she will start retaliating. And then, sometimes, they wrestle each other on the floor. During their fights, they can actually say things like,' Don't beat head!' or 'Go away!' That's when the cane will come in handy when we break up the fights, before talking and reasoning with them. After they stop wailing, we get them sayang/cuddle each other and start playing again. But at this age, don't think they can und. our 'talk' with them in terms of getting them to 'live in harmony'. Headache....

Icy Icy,

i love to join but i am in the midst of moving house so really busy this period. Will join you mummies and daddies next time round.

Rachel very cute, yes we have to be really mindful of our languqage and action these little ones. They pick up things real fast.

Hi All,
my gal also v notti recently.. if cannot get things done her way, she will scream n cry for at least 15mins.. my dad also use cane to cane the floor, she is afraid of the cane for next 2 weeks.. then forgot all about it.. haiz.. i dun want to start caning her so early.. but sometimes really gets on my nerves..

Hi All

my too, if she naughty, i told her 'go to e corner' she can actually go to e corner n stand quietly (dat means she is not afraid)..

n she will hug u to represent she is sorry but she will die die dun apologise.

belle is scared of e cane (dun thnk she figure out dat our house no cane yet).. always told her if she naughty i go get e cane.. she will calm now n said 'dun wan cane'... if really dun works, then i told her ' i dun like u cos u very naughty n mummy dun wan to play with u anymore'.. tis actually works for me :p
cos at home she enjoys playing with me... so she will listened to me n comes only to hug me (like telling me she is sorry)

nap - she either takes e morn or afternoon nap but seldom both naps in 1 day.. asked her go take nap n she can actually answer 'i dun want to sleep' *faint*

Same as yours Jen, mine also treat the notti corner as a place where they can go just stand there and explore the corner. Jayden has ever peeled off the paint on the wall at the notti corner while standing there, as well as fallen asleep while standin. As for Shannen, she will walk away from the corner and when we ordered her to go back there, she will do so, then walk away again. The cane has been much more effective.

For naps, the twins are only taking 1 nap in the day - 230-530pm over the weekends and 1230-3om during weekdays when in school. For for night-time, it's from 930 till 715am the next day. Jayden has no prob falling asleep. Just tell him to close his eyes and he will do so and within 5 mins, he will be fast asleep. It's Shannen who's the prob. cos she will talk, tries to stand up and walk ard the room or goes to disturb her sleeping Gor Gor. But recently, with the cane, I just tell her to 'Close your eyes or Mummy will take the cane!' and she will guai guai close her eyes tightly and sleep.

Think I sound like a wicked Mummy, everything also threaten to cane. But no choice, the twins are driving me up the wall. And with a BB who doesn't realy like to sleep in the day w/o being carried, I need to take shortcut with what's most effective else I will collapse from fatigue!

JSJ - do take care!!, the kids r testing their boundaries with us...

belle - daddy will threaten to lock her outside e masterroom (i will be waiting for her in e master bathroom to clean her up) to get her to come into e room to get ready for bed (she alreadys said she needs to wash her 'dishes n pots' everytimes she comes home in e evening)*faint*
once she inside, we will clean her up, change n put her in her dreambag(she can even walk with e dream bag), switch off e lights n she will drink her milk in e dark (to get her in e 'sleep mood') after a while she will sleep.

she normally sleeps ard 8.30pm but sometimes she will sleeps ard 9 or 10plus (if we comes home late).. 9 or 10plus, normally without fuss she will fall asleep very fast.
around 8.30, she needs to 'talk' 4 awhile :S

think all our kiddos really undergoing terrible 2 and driving all of us crazy! estelle also wants to everything her ways. if she dun get it, she will start crying or roll on the floor. sometimes i will just let her fuss for awhile b4 attending to her. alot of times i lost my patient n raise my voice. my hb said i m becoming like my neighbour downstair who scold &amp; scream at kids everyday
sad.gif

icy, estelle also takes 1 nap a day - 1+ to 3+pm. when rachel goes to childcare, they are given one nap also. so it might be good to start training now.

aqua, i've came across it few days ago. bf told me it's very common in european countries =( these people are really sick; definitely deserve the japanese method of torture and torment, otherwise they won't learn.

alethea &amp; jen, i think gals r more talkative. estelle will also talk or sing until she is tired b4 falling asleep...

<font color="ff0000">Hui cant make it
sad.gif
Any more joining???? If based on 17kids, each kid will be $31. If we can have 20kids, will be $27.10 each!

Additional 18kids : $105 ($15 x 7)
Each kid : $31</font>

XMAS PARTY @ GYMBOREE

3) Enbi + 1 adult (fae)
14) Ian + 2 adults (Yosimite) - ok with gift exchange
15) Eunice + 2 adults (tambourina) - ok with gift exchange
16) Sherilyn + 1 adult (serrich) - ok with gift exchange
17) Shania + 1 adult (serrich) - ok with gift exchange

HEADCOUNT UP TO DATE

27 Adults

17 Kids

Mummies,

I do think that Jan 07 babies are tough nut to crack. I have problem with my princess Eilis too. She is taken care by my maid so maid spoilt her rotten. She will get everything she want cos my maid does not like children to cry. And i am guilty of favouring her more, i will also picks her up when she cry cos she is really rebellious. Naughty corners does not work on her. She just cry her heart out if we punish her. Sometimes really at a loss when dealing with this gal.. I do not remember that i have that much problem with my elder gal.

cindy, same thing happened to bianca. my maid is just too lazy to teach her the right thing and wanna watch tv/use her HP asap. thus she gives everything bianca wants to her. however, we put the maid away for 2 weeks now, there're pretty significant improvements to bianca. Instead of crying v badly, she whines if she doesn't get the things she wants. and if we explain to her slowly, she will keep quiet and do other things instead.

when my maid is back, we're planning to stop her hp usage by confiscating it. If no improvement, might put her away.

hi,

look like most the Jan kids here can speak quite well. I notice that my boy quite slow in speak. Actually i quite worry about that. He only can speak 2 similar words eg. papa, mama, gorgor, xie xie...

I am bz taking care him and NB alone, very tire and stress. Sometimes really want to break down and cry. Now I dun even have time to teach him anyting... really feel guilty about him.

Is my boy really slow? he can understand what we say but he just cannot speak or follow wat we say. I really envy urs kids who can follow wat u say.
sad.gif
should i bring him to see PD?

afternoon mummies!
happy.gif

wow, it's really nice to see how the thread is quite active again these few days.

hi karen:
take care of yourself ok? it's definitely not easy handling two tots on your own.. try and talk with someone about how you're feeling if you're tired and want to cry. or you can always post in this thread. i know that lots of mummies here will be able to support you.
happy.gif

don't worry too much about your boy. seriously, all kids develop at different stages. and he's not even 2 yrs old yet. give him time to grow and bloom... boys tend to be slower than girls in terms of speech, etc. so don't stress... and don't stress your boy too..
happy.gif

think that he's doing fine... he can say 'papa, mama, gor gor, xie xie...'.. that's good already. maybe you can continue to monitor him and see how he is. for all you know, he'll start talking more within the next few weeks. kids are very amazing. he may just surprise you.
happy.gif

karen,
don't fret, Kaelyn is the same as your boi.only that few words, not even a word sentence. she is only good at "No", "bao bao", "Yummy". she can't even say MaMee but she knows where to find Mamee when you ask her. I think as long as they can understand you, means they are just lazy to utter the words, but they comprehend well.

Icy,
sorry can't join, getting tired recently and also preparing for the arrival of the 2nd one. I will be 35 wks by then. moving slow now like a tortise.

i also got the itch recently, but managed to find out the root of the problem... too heaty, "sap eat" (cantonese). so drink herb soup/tea, itch gone. If i now it during my 1st one, I won't suffer for so long during kaelyn's.

why would anyone be so cruel to treat a baby like that..i stop half way while watching really can't continue..hope the person get the punishment..

Boon, read that your boi also cries till he pukes. Mine are like that x2. so after a full meal, even if we r furious with them for smthg they've done, we will try to control and not scold them too harshly, cos both have a tendency to cry uncontrollably until they 'merlion' and it's damed messy. Worse, whenever one twin throws up, the other will do so. so, it's really double the trouble. Dunno if they puke on purpose, like eomtional blackmailing and also dunno if they conspire to puke tog.

Karen, my boi is slower thab my girl and tho' he's been talking a lot lately, esp. since ge started school, some of his words are still unintelligible unlike his sis who's definitely more linguistically advanced. but one thing's for sure, his motor skills are much much better and he obeys instructions very well. Like wat Charm &amp; KC said, give him time cos kids dev at diff rates so just let nature take its course.

Mummies, do your kids puke when travelling in the car? Shannen always does. Not sure if it's cos she not strapped in a car seat but seated on an adult's lap (car is a 5 seater, cant put 2x child seats plus maid &amp; BB at the back(.

JSJ - my belle dun want to seat in her car seat n she will roll here n there.
Got a few times, she even lay on e car floor n said, she taking a nap.. faint!!!

hi mummies,

zenn,
so sorry for the trouble of taking jk out of the gymboree party. jk's eyes still not recovering well as expected to be. now think the other eye also have abit of red. N also i've been weaning him off during this period, so his nap quite uncertain. u all enjoy the party.

looking at what u all describes your kids, think my jk is quite gentle n mild. but his only problem is he can stay awake and dun sleep for the whole day even without a nap!!! that worries me coz kids who sleep can grow fatter more. N now i'm weaning him off, he doesn't take any milk. i'm feeding him all kinds of snacks he wants....hiaz.

JSJ, I can't help but to thk that he puke on purpose. As he will have that kind of look and behavior that looks like he delibrately wanna force out the food. And the worse is that mum feels that I am being too strict on him that resulted in him behaving that way.. Arrggg.. Argued with her a couple of times on this..

Could it be due to motion sickness? My boy is ok even without the car seat.

Karen, my boy is slow in this speech as well. Still can't speak in sentence and it is always one syllable word. Similarly to JSJ's son, he is also very advance in his motor skills. Can jump on both legs la, do somersault, kick football with precision. I am not worried about his speech as long as he understand what I am saying and I he will also try to pick up some of the words that we are saying. (Althou not accurate)

Hi Karen,

dun worry, my girl Trisha also slow in her speech. I was pretty worried too until recently, she started to speak more words and actually suddenly said words which I didn't think she will know like drum (when playing her drum) and please. Have been teaching her on and off to say pls and just last Sat, she suddenly said it when she asking for her biscuit. When they want to speak, they will. =)

Take care of yourself, really not easy to care for 2 kids at a time.

Hi karen,
Ryan also cant talk much only understand wat we talk to him &amp; called mama, daddy, other than that, he will speak his own language. I was worried about it too...

Back