(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

angeline,
When celeste is rough to carrine, try not to talk louder to her. But gently tell her to be gentle
happy.gif
Really gotta bite teeth before she learns to be gentle
happy.gif
A was rough initially too.
I think it will change over time too. A has been very good, but these few days, maybe due to my tiredness, frustrations, and lack of time, and hence lack of attention for him, he "bullied" B and C behind my back.

toto,
No worries la... Only stay put for a couple of months
happy.gif
After getting used to routine and going out arrangement, can go travelling again... But sure will have someone else
happy.gif
I still cannot cope going out with only hubby and 3 kids.

My next trip with ABC is Bali, then next is Penang
happy.gif

lyn,
Yeah, long time no see.... wanted to sms you yesterday but didnt get round to doing it. Guess what... i found the sample you gave me at CBC previously! but forgot how to use it. sms me can? heehee...

**Get together Tues, 23 Sept 08**

Place: Sentosa
Time: Be there at 10 am

1. Aishite + S
2. Joyfulmum + G
3. Lyn + troops
4. Dal + J (tbc)

Think try to pack some lunch for the tods, cos I think the food there is probably quite exp.

Calliope,
I learnt it the hard way… cos Kell’s terrible two was quite bad when it reaches the peak at about 18 months. But luckily it went away after a month.

I checked with her PD on her milk intake… the PD said should not be due to medication and asked me to continue feeding her whenever she want too since she is small and slightly underweight because of her height: nearing 100cm now!

Dal,
I noticed that Kell has an imaginary friend now. However, that imaginary friend is her little uncle. Whenever he is not around, she will pretend that he is around. The good thing about this age is that they are able to verablise their emotions and hence, lesser miscommunications with us and thus, it leads to lesser or almost non-tantrums. Last night, we were rushing for a family dinner and because she is on panties, she told me that she wants to pee after boarding the car. Her dad was unhappy cos’ we are already running late and raised his voice a little at her. When we reached the restaurant and her dad tried to butter her up again, she told her dad, ‘qiqi is upset with daddy because daddy not understanding. Daddy is old man, dun understand qiqi is a big girl and needs to go toilet to pee’. Then she folded her arms… hubby’s family were stunned and ended up laughing. She looked at her yeye and said ‘this is not funny’. We passed by a prison yesterday and I told her what is that and who stayed in there. This morning, I greeted her with a good day and the usual stuff that she has to be a good girl and etc… After that, she ran to the toilet and greets her daddy good day and told her dad ‘daddy has to be a good boy today. If you are naughty, qiqi brings you stay prison. Then you will be homeless and you will feel sad. That is your punishment. You want that? Don’t want, huh, So be good boy.’ Hahaha… And yes! She has successfully written her first letter, ‘a’!

Lyn,
Kell will repeat the same question for five to six times too till I gave her a satisfactory answer. Eh, this one can be considered whining too? I am still trying to work on this lei… but apart from that, if she asked for things, I will tell her to ‘tell me what she wants properly’ and she shall gets what she wants. If ‘she don’t talk to me properly and cries, she will not get what she wants. Because mummy don’t understand what she wants when she cries’. This has been working out. Actually, so far, she understands when I tell her things and the only times when she is extremely uncooperative is when she is sick or don’t have enough sleeps.

Mummies,
The following was what I saw at one of the bookstores last week. A little girl who is about our child’s age cried because she refused to leave the bookstore. Her daddy pulled her to the front of the store where there is an ample of space. She was crying throughout the whole process. Her daddy started beating her up… on both of her thighs… for about 5-10 minutes. During the whole process, he didn’t say anything at all to the little one. Finally, an uncle walked up to him and asked him to talk hitting, if not, he will call the police. The girl was laying on the floor, crying still and that dad, without uttering a word, pulled her up and literally pulled her out of the bookstore. When she stood up, both her thighs were very very red in color. Her mum was standing outside of the bookstore and didn’t get interfered at all. The girl continued to cried as her dad pulled her out of our sight. Very sad sight … hubby said, ‘how can he not talk? When he dun talk, how would a child knows?’

<font color="0000ff">calliope,
Thanks for the info on the Brand New readers. Can't wait to place my order now.

Paula,
Wow! Kell is very tall for her age. Are both your DH &amp; you tall as well?

The scene at the bookstore was quite sad but maybe the father also didn't know how to react, and may also be heart-pain deep inside. But I agree that he should not have spanked the child so long and for so hard.

My DS has been throwing tantrums when he can't get what he wants. He screamed, cried and blow his cheek and "bozzz" at us. I'm running out of patience when handling him. Really hope I don't smack him like that father. * I'm feeling lousy now. *</font>

Hi mummies,
finally my hb has left for UK last night. I will be with my 2 girls in Spore for 7 weeks before we fly over to reunite with him.

Now staying over with my MIL and grandma-in-law. In fact, has been staying here since last week....

Feeling pretty lousy now.. hope time will quickly pass and we can fly to UK soon. There's still alot for me to settle in Spore, hopefully things will keep me busy and time will fly.....

Lyn,
I dunno anyone going to Imperial for PhD. But my hb's co also has someone going to Imperial for PhD with 2 kids. But think that is not yr neighbour, cos they have already left Spore. So far, only know one mummy who is in Cambridge now. Hope I will get to know more mummies in Southampton when I'm there.

I can understand how busy yr neighbour is... It's been super busy for me too, with all the packing and 2 kids to look after...

My hb and I have been so busy and stressed out that we have been snapping at each other almost everyday recently. We didn't even have time to spend with each other before he leaves. Now he's off to UK liao. Hopefully all these stress and unhappiness and efforts to relocate will be worth it and we will have a good experience living in UK.

Happymum123
Cheer up, and don't dwell in the lousy feelings. 7 weeks is fairly long, sms me if you need to hang out or just want a break. Where's your MIL putting up?

Cutiezayn,
The place is quite small, so any part of Macau will be fine cos most of the time will be taking taxi. I stayed at Pousada Marina Infante @ Taipa (avg hotel) which is nearer to the airport &amp; Venetian.

happymum

so sorry to hear of the logistics and packing involved. in times like this, it's hard to be patient. 7 weeks is long, esp when you are staying with your MIL. do you have a room of your own? i am sure things will ease out once you settle in the UK, in fact, you might feel bored once you settle in, until you find time to mingle around and enrol ur kids in classes, enrichment, etc.
happy.gif
overall, i am sure you will enjoy yourself as a family - the weather, culture, etc.

<font face="tahoma"> hi ladies
happy.gif

happymum123,
cheer up, everything will ease soon.

toto,
how's things?
happy.gif

am waiting for baby #2 arrival now... could be anytime now. </font>

Hi CutieZayn,
Taipa nothing much, would suggest u stay at Macau Central which is nearer to china border Zhuhai whereby u can shop till u drop... hehe
happy.gif

mspiggy

ya..so excited now.hehe..enjoy the undisrupted sleep while u can..me now panda eyes liao..been getting up to pump in the middle of night..always set alarm but hor me always switch off the alarams..ended up overslept by 1hr+ usually..

BEWARE!!

I dunno the severity of it in SIngapore or how Singaporeans are
affected by it...

BEIJING - A Chinese dairy that sold milk powder linked to kidney stones in infants and one death knew weeks before it ordered a recall that the product contained a banned chemical, the Health Ministry said Saturday......

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080913/ap_on_re_as/china_baby_formula_recall

May be UNSAFE to consume:
milk powder
baby formula
non-dairy creamers
milk tea
pearl milk tea
pudding
instant coffees with creamer (3-in-1), including Mr. Brown and other brands
creamy soups with milk powder like corn soup include Knorr brand
traditional "rabbit" candies (White Rabbit Creamy Candy)
"Yili Brand," a fruit bar yogurt
"Dutch Lady," a strawberry-flavored milk
baked products in Taibei and Taibei county, including cakes, breads and sweet pastry breads (possibly including RT Mart; results on that on Wed.)
calcium tablets (http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/a ... 2003423983)
Nestle products imported from China (but acc. to Nestle, all its products brought to Taiwan are safe)
Mr. Brown products imported by local King Car Company, especially 3-in-1 coffee
ice cream
yogurt
yogurt ice-bars

Pls help to sms to others - FYI the following items hv been recalled due
2 china's milk situation. M&amp;M's, snickers, mento's yoghurt
bottle, dove choc, oreo wafer sticks, monmilk, dutchlady sterilised milk, wall's all
natural mango, mini poppers ice cream, magnum ice cream, moosandwich ice
cream, mini cornetto n youcan ice cream.

Stores hv been asked by ava 2 remove them. If u hve any of these items in yr hse don't eat.

Pauline,
Imaginary friend stage - dats pretty fast! :)
Yeah, the little ones are able to tell us what they want and how they feel, but I think you have done a lot to encourage Kell to say out her feelings and thoughts. Just look at what she is saying to the daddy. That takes a lot of processing in the mind, and she is pretty clear in terms of what she wants to convey! :) And the daddy better take note, Kell is not one to trifle with. Haha....
Must be a letter to her beloved and great mummy right? :)
About asking the same question five to six times, Jezoir is also like that. After I have repeated the answer 5-6 times, I'll ask him the question and let him reply. Usually when he gets it right, he'll happily say "yeah, i got it!" and he'll stop asking that question. But sometimes the question will come back a few days later. Maybe this is the repetition they need? :)

Lyn,
Yeah, try what Pauline has mentioned. I do that too and it has been working out for Jezoir. :)

mspiggy, wow... so exciting! have you gotten a name for her?

mic, thanks for the alert, need to be careful...

Aishite, toto and mspiggy
Thanks alot for comforting me. Think I'd really love a break, now still very busy cos need to vacate the house and there's still so much left in the house to pack! My MIL is staying at Chai Chee, so I'm still in the Bedok vicinity. Would definitely want to meet up with aishite and other mummies here, been wanting to do that a long time ago, but always cant make it to the gatherng organised. I tell myself must at least go for 1 gathering bfore i leave spore....

Toto, I have a room of my own, sleeping tog with my 2 gals. But still a lot of inconveniences, MI's place have no place to do laundry so I bring my and my girls' laundry back home daily to do them at home. I stay quite near to MIL place, so still ok to bring them home, but once I rent out the house, dunno what to do about laundry. And the worst thing is, my poor gals kept getting bitten by bugs and mosquitos after moving over to my MIL place. I have spring cleaned my room, changed bedsheets, cleaned the mattress, put 2 mozzie patch all day round, but still no use. Really pain me to see so many red and large bites on my 2 gals. My MIL's place is not clean; the frustrating part is she is in denial about it. She doesn't clean up and does not allow others to do it too. Want to get my part time help to come and she's so against it. And she's my MIL, I cannot tell her outright her place is dirty. And when I commented on the many bites on my gals, she kept saying "no lah no lah", the bites are so big and red and all over my 2 gals' limbs, dunno what she mean by no!! I felt so frustrated and really felt like moving back to my own mum's place to stay instead. But to do that, I would have to stop work immediately and pay back my school cos my mum stay very far from my school, I already have to pay back my bond partially so if have to pay back salary too, quite lugi.... And that also means things may go unpleasant between me and MIL, dun reall want that, afterall, she helped me to look after my 2 gals when I'm at work, so I sld be appreciative.... haiz..... But I really buay tahan the dirtiness of her place... I think my whole life I have nvr stay in such a dirty place before..... I dun mind enduring for 7 weeks, but feel very sad to see my gals getting bitten everyday.

Sorry to rant on and on.... been feeling very frustrated, once I start ranting difficult to stop.

I really praying for time to fly quickly so that we can quickly go UK to reunite with my hb. Haha, dun think I have time to feel bored there lah, with 2 gals to look after, plus cooking and housework, but think I will be happier there, at least we are all together....

Just heard from hb that the house we rented from university does not come with a washing machine!!! Faintz.. how to do my laundry like that!!! Dun tell me i have to handwash everything!!

Sorry mummies that these few days I just come to this thread to rant on and on, no time to comment or chat with other mummies. You see the wee hours I post, this is the only time I have to myself. Actually, really tired and sleepy but can't sleep well here.....

Dal,
Yea, she is quite an interesting character to observe. Her teachers commented that she is a ‘da ren’ in school. Actually, I am really relieved that she is really loving this school and her friends. She has been coming home telling us what was taught in school or what she sang. Yesterday, she attempted to paint a starfish at home cos’ she did that in school. Those sms-es from you on the other day really brighten up my day. Many times, she will just make us laugh and laugh. I prohibited her to use hands when eating; that means using hands to pick up food, put hands in mouth and other things. Last night, when she saw her daddy eating chicken wings using his hands, she quickly told me ‘Mummy sees daddy. Daddy use hand to eat’. Then she looked at her daddy and said ‘Cannot use hands. Hands got germs. Understand huh?’ Her stuttering has been quite apparent these days … she will go ‘This is a eerhm eerhm eerhm bats. Bats eerhm eerhm eerm lives in eeerhm eeerhm caves’. Common?

Will be a busy run-down to CNY for me with the loads of stuff expected on me. And it doesn’t help that I want to settle in our new place by CNY. And two trips in Jan and Feb 09 … to New Orleans and Pattaya. I was asking hubby if he wants to tag along for New Orleans cos’ can’t bear to leave Kell for 11 days.

Happymum,
Cheers up! 7 weeks will pass by very fast… Keep yourself and your children busy these few weeks… engage them in outdoors activities so that they will not have to be cooped up in the house?

Paula
I agree..the todds are now at the stage of 'si dong fei dong' and sometimes what they say can really make us laugh...

Last mth hubby was driving and there was this driver who cut into our lane suddenly. As usual hubby blasted his horn..then out of nowhere, HX remarked ' aiyo papa what are u doing? pi pi po po like dat?'..

HX also stutters when she attempts to speak fast..so usually we will remind her to speak slowly and clearly so that daddy and mummy can understand

hi happymom123
It's not easy sometimes to stay with MIL.. But I do hope you live to your name, be a happymom even though next 7 wks would not be so easy..

Paula
You have bought a new plc? Where would your new plc be? Me too hope to move in b4 CNY.. alot of things need to be done..

Yes our tods are really cute these days..
Yest nite, Ethan actually acted out the whole story that we have read.. This book is abt a ant preparing food for the winter.. So he acted like the ant carrying the food from a plc to another and stored it for winter.. When winter comes, he will open the storeroom and eat his food.. So funny..

I find the kids nowadays so amazing.. Yest I stumbled upon that my 2nd boy who is 15mths actually knows 1-10.. I think he knows it from his brother, though I never teach him at all..

These days have to be more conscious of my own language cos my 2 boys are absorbing whatever they hear, even malay, dialect etc.. haha

Steffi,
HX is so cute ... 'pi pi po po'.

Peng,
We are making offers... there is an unit of Greenwood cluster home but still haggling. In the meantime, we hope we can walk away with a unit in Raintree... missed out on a forced sales that went below a mil for a 4-bedrooms unit. Where did you brought yours?

Yea, her teacher was telling me that tots these days are breaking age-barriers... it's a matter of time before all those developmental milestones are being revised.

happymum123
Come join me and Joyfulmum next Tues. Morning we are heading to the Biennial Festival, followed by vegetable painting at someone's house (highly likely hers cos I am bored to tears with pp coming over to my place :p).

Yesterday Lyn and I went to Sentosa (with her entire entourage in place, and I drove). It was v good fun....simply 'cho bo' and see what Sentosa has turned into. Aloysius and Shan were chatting non-stop with each other...so leaving the adults to our own fun :)

Lyn, other mummies
Wanna join us next Tues? The Biennial Festival is an arty event, so the adults may appreciate it more...but we can always point out to the kids various intepretation of the art pieces.

paula,

we are looking at raintree also but heard from hb its away from transportation leh... 15min walk away from main road.

what's a forced sale?

Poohy,
I think the owner cannot afford to service the loan or something along that line and therefore, have to sell the unit... Yea, raintree is away from mainroad...

Poohy, Peng,
If you are still hunting for an unit and dun mind sending your children to Nanyang Primary... try Duchess Residences ... it is very very near to Nanyang Primary. We went there twice but Kell dun seems comfortable with that estate and hence, didnt make any offer.

Paula
I have already bought mine at Serangoon Garden.. Plan to move in Q1 next yr..
Greenwood is nice.. it's like 1km within RGPS is it? So you intend to sell Kelly there? Good luck in your bid.
But <$1m for raintree is a good buy.. wow..

I didn't go specifically for good sch.. so for my new plc, it is not very near to any good sch, but its within 2km from some gd schools, so i guess i still have to go through phase 2C balloting or something like that.. see how it goes.

Poohy
Yes raintree is quite far from the main road, though it is a nice project.. and also 99yr project..

happymum,
*hug* maybe cover up the kids in thin cotton PJs at home. My kids tend to be sensitive to bites too.
Laundry situation over at new rental- can settle later, enough on ur hands for now
happy.gif
. Can always buy a cheap unit and sell off when u leave/ or bring to laundromat. I used to haul my stuff to laundromat but of cos it's much different with kids in tow now.

Peng,
The unit that I saw is not the row of cluster homes that is infront of RGPS. It is all the way towards the end of greenwood whereby the back of the house faces forest.

Kelly is too priceless to be sold. :) Nah, I do hope that she ends up in Nanyang Primary. If not, then we will re-evaluate our options again. :)

hello all !!!
how have u been ?? me back to work so very very busy !!

Kissbb/Angeline/Zzzzzmonster : congrats on your births !!!

Mspiggy : u are next ! heehee

Toto : congrats too !!! twins - how fun !!!
any "secret" in conceiving twins ? heehee - i aiming for 4 kids, heehee, maybe i sld pray for twins for my nexy pregnancy ??
happy.gif

Poohy : congrats too !!! so happy for u
happy.gif

Aishite : wahhhh, wanna go sentosa too !!! :pPP
u wanna take my K to Tokyo disneyland ? heehee

k_ong
4 kids, lol!! You solid, i dunt think I can manage that!

K and S speak to each other a lot on their way to school in the car....chatty gals!

Pauline,
Kell is indeed well-behaved in class. I was observing her from the playground and she will always be one of the few that listens and follows the teacher's instructions rather than running around. And that ang moh boy (Kai or Carl or something like dat? I asked for his name but cant hear him clearly) is very playful. When he saw me standing at the playground and looking into the class, he came running to the glass wall and smiled cheekily and waved and jumped. Later when I was inside the school, he came to play with me and I teased him by saying "I know who you are ...." and he laughed. Haha....
I was telling my neighbour about Kell and how she has transformed after attending LV@RP as her girl is now very traumatised by her bad school experience. Just the mention of the word 'school' will send her to tears!
Well, I cant resist but to sms you what an impression she made on me! keke....
Re stuttering: see below:

Dr Alan Greene on Toddler Stuttering
When a child stutters, parents are often told to relax, that the stuttering is a phase that will soon be outgrown, and that nothing need be done. This advice can be unfortunate.

Treatment of stuttering is more effective the earlier it's begun. By needlessly delaying evaluation, parents can miss an important window of time when their child's stuttering is most treatable. On the other hand, many children go through a developmental stage of speech disfluency that's often confused with true stuttering. This normal disfluency does disappear over time without need for treatment.

If a 2-year-old begins to repeat syllables, short words, or phrases (su-su-such as this, or such as... such as... such as this) about once every 10 sentences, and begins to use more filler words (um, with uh pauses or er hesitations), is this normal disfluency or stuttering?

Children with true stuttering tend to repeat syllables four or more times (a-a-a-a-as opposed to once or twice for normal disfluency). They mmmmmay also occasionally prolong sounds. Children with stuttering show signs of reacting to their stuttering -- blinking the eyes, looking to the side, raising the pitch of the voice. True stuttering is frequent -- at least 3 percent of the child's speech. While normal disfluency is especially noticeable when the child is tired, anxious, or excited, true stuttering is noticeable most of the time. Children with true stuttering are usually concerned, frustrated, or embarrassed by the difficulty.

About 4 percent of all children will have true stuttering for at least six months, most commonly between the ages of 2 and 5. Most of these will recover by late childhood, but about a quarter of them will develop severe, chronic stuttering. Whenever parents suspect that their child has true stuttering, it's important to bring it to their pediatrician's attention -- it's easily treatable, unless you miss the window of time when treatment is so effective.

From another article:

Although these symptoms are often the result of a normal phase of development, parents should be concerned if their child stutters frequently (e.g., more than 10 percent of their speech), has stuttering that grows progressively worse, or stutters in association with unusual body movements, facial tics or tension.

Other signs of problem stuttering include:
- Excessive repetition of whole words and phrases
- Increased facial tension (particularly around the mouth) and tics during speech
- Growing tendency to prolong words
- Speech that appears increasingly strained or full of effort
- Speech that becomes louder or rises in pitch
- Tendency of the child to avoid situations that require talking

aishite,
count me in for the biennal festival. sms me ok? thanks!
too bad i cant join in for the sentosa trip. must have been great fun. :)

happymum, so sorry to hear of what you are going through now. where is your mum's place? maybe if it's not too far from your school, a bit of inconvenience on your part is worth it, for your 2 gal's sake? further, it's always easier to get along with ur own mum.

re washer - maybe you can ask ur hb to source for 2nd hand ones from the uni ads? think u can get some good deals if you look around hard, and sometimes, you might end up selling that at cost when you leave.

my place in the US has absolutely nothing, and we got everything BN. think when you are far away from home, you need to make yourself comfortable and not be bogged down by daily household chores... plus looking after 2 gals...

paula - property prices dipped back home? must be a good time for you to plan for K's P1 schools... i have a fren who lives at Duchess, and her 2 kids got into NY pri like a breeze. she said she even interviewed the principal...

re P1 schools - which schools are good for boys and gals? ke ke.. must do some homework and plan in advance too. i am thinking ACS for boys... SCGS for gals?

raintree 4 bedder at less than 1 mil? it's definitely a good buy, i liked raintree too, but distance to main road is a bit far...

aishite, lyn, wow... you sure know how to enjoy yourself. i hope to join u gals before i deliver... maybe can we do a sentosa outing when i am back... but i can only do PH or weekends, as J has sch le... let me know k?

k_ong - my secret to having twins? have faith and believe.... ke ke...

Dal,
Thanks thanks, her teacher Wen called Kell her ‘little helper’. The handsome boy name is Kai, very handsome hor? When he smiles, his smile is strong enough to melt people’s hearts. Mikayle, Isabel, Kai and Kell form a group within the class. The four musketeers! Good thing is that Kell will be going to Nursery with them together and will be in the same class so… think, she will continue to be a happy child there. Her teacher next year will either be the same or teacher Mag… but Kell is getting along quite well with the latter too and so, I think I can continue to be a relieved parent. If your neighbor is serious about joining the school, do make sure that she briefs her child’s teacher on what her child went through so that the teacher could pay more attention in certain aspects and regain her personality back.

Thanks for the helpful information on stuttering desu. 

Toto,
How are you in the States? Private property prices have dipped. Raffles Girl Primary recently won an award from MOE … quite a prestigious one… but we would prefer Kell to enroll in an unisex school, if possible. Actually, the management of Raintree did said that when the future MRT station is ready, there will be to-fro shuttle bus service available… but still many years away… 

Get together: 1st at Biennial Festival near Raffles Hotel, then to Joyfulmum's place for veg painting

Date: 30 Sept, Tues
Time: morning (prob start at 10 am)

1. Aishite + S
2. Joyfulmum + G
3. Dal + J
4. Paula + K

Logistics:
1. Lunch: Aishite to prepare porridge for the tods
2. If lunch not enough :p, then eat fruits at Joy's place.
3. How many cars are we having? I am trying to cho hub to let me drive that day.

Tell you mummies a chronic joke:

Monday I went to rebond my hair and parked at a hdb open air carpark. It was my first time parking in such a carpark. I went head in first into a lot, and then reverse into another lot behind, so that the butt of the car enters first. Both sides of my car were totally empty, ie, no parked cars.

When I stepped out of the saloon 4.5 hours later, I saw a "summon" notice at the windscreen. The charge was I was parking on a lot meant for MOTORCYCLES....biang, $50, and both sides of my car were still totally empty at that time! I want to bang my head man!! But after that, thank God that it's not a $700 or $800 damage, but just a mere $50. Yup, I paid 800 and 700 in April and June respectively when I scratched both sides of the car badly :)

Happymum, aiyoh, very heartache to hear of what you are going through now. Maybe you should consider moving to stay with your mum and spend more time travelling to and fro work. At least seems like a better option then staying with your in-laws. Take care!

Mspiggy, waiting for your good news! Icylemon has given birth liao..jiayou!

Blur_p, how about you? You are also popping soon right?

Dal, so Jezoir will be enrolling at LV@Republic Poly?

Aishite,
Hahahaha, u are just too excited to rebond your hair &amp; I hope u didnt dye ur hair as well ;p But u are really that lucky that the carpark attendant came. Anyway, is ok lah I do that occassionally when I am off to pick up something fast.

K_ong

Ya lor, u r probably rite...I was telling your mum the other day I am a v functional driver, the fact I can get from Point A to Point B I feel a big sense of achievement oledi. Long way to reach your standard, the way u cut lanes at ECP...no way I will reach that standard till I arrive at eternity :)

Pauline,
Kell is indeed the little helper. I saw her in action and really is sweet. :)
Yeah, Kai is indeed a very handsome boy. Those lucky girls! Haha....
We spoke to Teacher Mag, quite nice and friendly too. But my neighbour would like to put her daughter in the same class as Jezoir so as to have a familiar face and hopefully it will reduce her fear (it doesn't help when they have changed domestic helper the 3rd time. Haiz). Yeah, have told her to write notes and brief the teacher when her daughter is ready to start school.

Spicegal,
Dats the plan. :)

Paula,
Actually, I'm very busy cos still working in the morning and in the afternoon, I will go back home to do laundry plus packing. So I have very little time for the children, can only spend time with them in the evening and, most of tat time is spent bathing, feeding and settling them to sleep. no time to play with them, read book or do other things. Feeling really guilty about that.

Peng,
Ya, really admire those women who can live in harmony with their MIL. A bit unkind on my part, but I wish I will not have to live with my in-laws in future.

Aishite,
I'm still working in the morining now, serving my notice till 17 October, plus next Tue afternoon, have to bring both gals to PD for vaccination.
sad.gif

Looks like it's gg to be so much fun. Wish I can join you..... Keep me updated of future outings ok?

Pawprint,
Have been covering up my younger gal in cotton long pants, but didn't do so for my older gal. She really scared of heat, will definitely sweat alot and can't sleep well if I let her wear pants. She sleeps in just T-shirt and diapers with fan, already sweating alot.

Toto and spicegal,
My mum stay in Sengkang, and my school is in Kembangan, I dun mind travelling to and fro Sengkang and Kembangan but my gals will have to travel with me too, cos no one to look after them at my mum's pl (my mum works), so still need to bring them back to my MIl during day time. So it will be very tiring for the gals, cos I have to reach my school very early at 7 plus am. Still thinking about what to do in future, anyway gg to stay with my mum over the weekend, will see how after staying for the weekend.

Washer - haha, hb made a mistake, the washer is actually outside the house in a shed in the garden, he searched high and low inside the house. But funny hor, washer outside house....

Toto,which part of US are u in? My sis stays in Hawaii but will be moving to Colorado soon. She has stayed in US for almost 9 yrs.

How do you manage coping with J and carrying twins? Must be very tiring on you.

Spicegal, remember u had morning sickness some time back right? Better now?

Thank you mummies for all the consolation and comfort. Been feeling better these 2 days after I come to this thread. Very heartwarming to receive support from all of you despite me not having met anyone before.

Back