(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

toto,
I got some pelangi books from all the series you post above. Not the whole sets. Coz find that not all the books are good. And personally dont feel that it is worth paying for the teaching guide. Think popular pricing is around S$2.90 per book. Maybe when you go KL, can pick and choose the titles you like? Introduced them when G was probably 8-9 mths old. Her favourites were 妮妮去海边 and 爷爷来看我. i know the last series is available in English too. Only 1 - 2 sentences in a page. Eg. pg 1. 爷爷来我的家时, 他带了一个行李箱 pg 3. 一个鼓, Pg 4. 一支长笛....haha, I think I can still memorise the whole book...read her soooo many times then.

Mich,
Aiyo...you got fever? Think now no quarantine right? No sars...I don't know..but hope you have a safe journey home with Bren. See you.

My whole family is down with flu. Yesterday, brought G to see her pd just when they opened at 8.30am. Nearly faint. The whole waiting area was already full with patients! Now wonderful business for doctors, huh. No recession for them.

Eating habits
Noticed that my gal loves her cereals, biscuits (junks to me) and milk... not the proper porrigde/noodles/rice meals..She only eats mushroom and fishball! Yes, the high in sodium, low in nutrients fishball which I tried to discouraged but Grandad said she wont eat anything else. She would just aks for more milk if she skip her meals or eat less! Sigh! Her milk intake now is 4-5 times of 210ml each. Is this normal?

Joy - Zav milk intake is 3x180ml now. Greatly reduced after he start taking rice for dinner. Lunch is mixture of porridge, mee sua, betaimak etc etc.

Think Gabby feels since there is always milk, so she can afford to not eat those solid food bah.

but i noe it's also not possible for us to "let our tods go hungry"...but not sure how to encourage her. Fancier food, more varieties, pretty patterns? like make sandwich in "mickey mouse" shape etc?

mich : cuz the items are $48 - deducted from $102 (wallables)
oye, my math not that bad right ??? keekee

PP : think Irv may be over stimulated in the day ? K will have nightmares if i let her play too much just before bedtime - but hard not to do so, cuz need to entertain her.

Mspiggy : yah, her fever has subsided, the PD refused to slot me in !! hrmp - said waiting time for walk in patients too long - just as well la, dont waste my time waiting.
tx for link, will transfer $$ now !

<font face="tahoma"> K Ong,
glad tod K is ok now.
happy.gif

thanks for the payment. you PM me your mailing address okie?</font>

MTDT,
Tried fancier food. This girl super "independent" when come to choosing her food. Knows definitely what she wants or don't want. Can't even push one mouth full in. No matter what pattern the food looks like. Cham. I am trying to get her to eat more solid so that can reduce milk intake leh. Coz no matter what, think powder milk is "man-made"....not really natural, you know what I mean? Well, most food now has the risk of hormones, pesticides,preservatices etc yah? Headache...

For. eg. this afternoon. Tried to give her some natural yogult + a bit of honey for sweeten + some banana bits. She tried a bit then frown, then spit out and sweep not just her mouth but tongue too, with her arm!
M: Do you want to try a little bit more?
G: No, no (shaking her head with the erky look..like can you really eat this look)
M: How about I give you some banana with the yogult?
G: Noe (Shaking head)
M: How about some honey drink?
G: Yes!
M: Ok, some honey then a bit of yogult?
G: No! ee..
M: ....(white flag)

<font face="tahoma"> joyfulmom, guess our tods at this age is quite picky. wes will keep eating things he likes but totally rejects those he dislikes. not even 1 bite! terribly stubborn!!! </font>

mspiggy,
Guess so. G's daily meals is only consists of mushroom and fishball, with rice or porridge. Can you believe it? She would spit out other things, how ever small the pieces are. Think I need to think of a way to add things into fishball or maybe making my own. Anyone have receipe? But then again, she may not want to eat'em if it is low salt...

joy, MTDT - thanks for your comments re pelangi. will order the 4 sets to try out, will also email them for discounts.
happy.gif
actually, it's not very expensive, less than S$1.50 per book.
happy.gif

joy, J is taking near to 1 litre of milk per day.

toto,
Wow, that is really good price! Yeah, worth trying out. I also ichy now...keke.. Did you join the bp or you are getting on your own?

Think my G's 210ml x5 is also near 1 litre liao. *faint*...

<font face="tahoma"> actually you can make your own fishball.. real fish no MSG then.

buy either BATANG or Mackerel, tell the fishmonger that you wanna make fishball so they will de-done for you.

scraped the meat and pound it. add salt water (coz salt hard to mix well) then pound again to mix well. then done!

fresh fish very sweet too. she might like it</font>

joy, i am getting with 2 other mummies - one mummy is ordering and sending it to Malaysia. Delivery is FOC. Further, delivery within Malaysia yields a cheaper price. Good savings.

I am getting all 4 sets and some stickers and actvity book. Ke ke... however, the order is finalised liao le... am afraid cannot add anymore orders...

<font face="tahoma"> joyfulmom,
no worries
happy.gif

you can cook porridge with dried scallops... very tasty too. add more vege and maybe add some fishball to 'lure' her into eating
happy.gif
</font>

Hi joyfulmom,

My PD said if the kid is not hungry, they will not eat. Think u need to reduce the milk intake then she will have to turn the solid food as she had no choice.

Maybe you can try to give your gal the same amt of water, but reduce the scope of milk powder.

joy - maybe u shd see wat ur gal likes...
think sweet stuff since she likes honey and not sour since she dun wan the yogurt :p

then maybe try to cater to her taste by giving "sweeter" food like pumkim, carrot etc etc.

Toto - I also thinking of ordering and sent to my Malaysia BIL plc. then ask my SIL to carry out! She goes there everyweek :p but i havent have time to go look at the website. :p if u manage to get another 15% off for Malaysia delivery.. tell me ok.

Joy, if you don't need the whole series then u can get from Malaysia Popular. After discount and conversion rate of 2.26. I also brought at S$1.55/book.

cutie, wow... yes, S$1.55 is indeed a good price, can browse through the books too. ke ke.. too bad i dun think i have time to do that.
happy.gif

Sea Birdnest BP Shipping Charges:
SHIPPING CHARGES: $2.96SGD PER PACK
PLEASE TRANSFER ADDITIONAL SHIPPING CHARGES ASAP! THANKS!

1) Michele 10 paks (half ginger, half bird nest) $29.60
2) Pawprint 13 paks (6 ginger, 7 bird nest) $38.48 PAID
3) Tracy 10 paks (half ginger, half bird nest) $29.60
4) Cutiezayn 6paks (half ginger, half bird nest) $17.76 PAID
5) K_Ong 6 paks (3 ginger, 3 bird nest) $17.76
6) cookiemz 5 paks (3 ginger, 2 bird nest) $14.80
7) mspiggy 5 paks (3 ginger, 2 bird nest) $14.80 PAID
8) Lyn 3 paks (3 sea bird nest) $8.88
9) rodeo 5 paks (3 sea bird nest, 2 ginger) $14.80
10) leona 10 paks (half ginger, half bird nest) $29.60
11) zzzcookiemonster 10paks (half ginger, half bird nest) $29.60
12) spicegal 5 packs (bird nest) $14.80 ($54.80 PAID)
13) soh1dful 10 packs (4 ginger, 6 bird nest) $29.60
14) jacque 5 packs (2 ginger, 3 bird nest) $14.80
15) rosypetal 3 packs (3 bird nest) $8.88
16) anne 5 packs (3 sea bird nest, 2 ginger) 14.80
17) jovan'smum 5 packs (2 ginger, 4 sea bird nest) $14.80
18) dodos (3 sea bird nest) $8.88

SHIPPING PAID:
MsPiggy: To Account DBS Savings Plus
065-9-017175 Michele
Amount S$14.80
Transaction Reference 1541397299

Raerae: $73.70 (CNY Tee - $18.90 + Ginger/Sea Birdnest - $54.80)
To Account DBS Savings Plus
065-9-017175 Michele
Amount S$73.70
Transaction Reference 1541208119

Pawprint: DBS Savings Plus
065-9-017175 Michele TW
Amount S$38.48
Transaction Reference 1541461028

Cutiezayn: $17.76 to DBS acct 065-9-017175
Transaction ref : 1541732919

spicegal: To Account DBS Savings Plus
065-9-017175 mich tang
Amount S$54.80
Transaction Reference 1541777395

KOng, yah think overstimulated... but hard not to... he will spend all day screaming for shoes, gaigai, out, door, byebye. Even after he's gone out and back already. Quite tiring. He's not as Easy To Manage as Ahgirl, hahaha.

MT, yah my home like power blackout at 8pm hor? LOL.

Mich u sure u dun wanna post ur flight arrival, I can try to turn up and pass ur items, might b easier for u since ur mum driving?

joyful,
another suggestion- maybe she'd eat more with self-feeding? Irv dislikes us feeding him, so I'd often prepare a bowl of chopped carrots/ broccoli/ pumpkin for him to pick up by hand or with spoon (whichever he chooses). And put a bowl of porridge/ noodles on MY SIDE to feed him whenever he opens his mouth for his own self-feeding. Erm, like catching him lor.

Then again both my kids eat quite abit, naturally... Genetic I think. I think Ahboy abit overwt... trying to get him to Exercise more (not to mention he dun like to walk on own when out lah...). Ahgirl abit chubby too, cos she's petite in ht... but I think she tries very hard to eat alot cos her teachers/ everyone around her, tells her to "eat more then u grow BIG".

CARTERS/Children place/OSK/GAP WAREHOUSE SALE - NOW till SAT only.
Address: 42 Tampines Street 92 Gimmil Industries
Next to tampinese Safra

My fren went and says
1) 3 polo tee for $15
2) Sleevless T from $1-$3.50
3) shorts for $5.

And alot for GALS!!!

MTDT

wah..tampinese? quite far lei. tink joyfulmum stay near there rite..hehe

joy

celest also having around 220ml x 4times daily.

8am+ : milk (brf)
11am+ : milk (nap)
2pm : lunch
5pm+ : milk (nap)
7/8pm : Dinner
10pm : milk (sleep)

this mummy lazy to intro brf.haha.anyway, dun koe wat to give her also.oatmeal &amp; cereal she dun really like.

Wen,
Yea, agree with PP. Try self-feeding … some tots might be going through this stage of ‘trying’ to be independent and they feel good in accomplishing tasks that they see adults accomplishing.

Have been working like a cow since this morning manz … tired tired and I’m still on my laptop!

Haha, checked the changiairport webby. Only two flights arriving from Taipei lei. SQ879 has landed and 3K522 scheduled to land at 11.05pm

morning ladies...

Dor/Oki - all Jshoppers stuff are here. so when shall we meet for lunch.
happy.gif
Next Tues - 29th Feb? (Sunflower wan to join us?
happy.gif
)

good morn

angeline

u can intro bread, cheese, chee cheong fun, char siew bao or just plain conflakes etc for ur ger in the morn. Depends if u give her outside food now. No need to eat cereal if she dun wan any. My ger had rejected thse baby cereal since she is abt 13mth or so.

mtdt
juz scroll thru the posts. will trf the $ to u by today. thks
happy.gif

Good morning ladies...
Mich, welcome back.
Just to let you know I am down with flu and cough so cannot confirm whether I will go for the trial tomorrow. Ask hubby to go instead but he say to be confirm, might need to work.
Will SMS you tonight to confirm.

hi mummies,
any recommendations for farmstay at margaret river perth.. someone suggested RedGate but they are not available on the dates i'm going.. *sob sob* any more suggestions? pls advise.

re:feeding,
yes agree with paula &amp; pawprint.. i oso tried self-feeding .. &amp; it works for my boy.. at least can keep him still on his chair while i feed him.. heehee

***Sat-26-Jan-1pmto2:30pm (NOTE TIME CHANGED!) Kids loft playgroup***
First Steps Playschool
for toddlers 15 months to 3 years old
90 mins of story, arts &amp; crafts, snack time, play time, zoo phonics, music &amp; movement

1)Michele
2)Paula
3)Cutiezayn
4)MTDT
5)Pawprint
6)Tracy Darling
7)Dal
8)Duffy
9)spicegal

Details PLS!! (Mich will just cut-paste from this list).
The maximum in this trial class will be set at 8 toddlers. Both parents can attend the class with the toddlers. Please dress in GREEN as the theme of the term is on Colours and Shapes.

Sincerely
Lavina
9684 6797

Name of Child: Brendan Chiang
Date of Birth: Jun 18th 2006
Contact Details: 92267586

Name of Child: Jerica Ong
Date of Birth: Jun 8th 2006
Contact Details: 97940166

Namr of Child: Darrell Tok
Date of Birth: May 30th 2006
Contact Details: 98361341

Name of child : Zach Lau
Date of birth : 6th Jun 2006
contact details : 98256787

Name of child : Irvin Ng
Date of birth : 17 Jun 2006
Contact details : Athena Ng's mum

Name of child : Zavier Teo
Date of birth : 15 Jun 2006
Contact details : Will update at kidsloft.

Name of Child: Jeriel Tay
Date of Birth: 1st Jun 2006
Contact Details: 900509065

Name of Child: Leia Ho
Date of Birth: 29th June 2006
Contact Details: to be updated

Back