(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

Confusion-
paiseh, cos I really don't know whose stuff is in the suitcases and whose stuff is still in TW... I just see lotsa socks and books! I'd rather pass whatever's in the suitcase to Mich/ let Mich settle whatever lah, except for MT's Noddy (I even get Noddy confused with Kumon hor... opps!).
happy.gif
MT, let me see if I still have ur mobile, or else u SMS me if u dun hear fr me?

Easel-
eh the one posted earlier, looks awfully similar to that sold at Forum basement behind Kid's Pictures Booth. $100 if I recall correctly?

joy - u got the little tikes one huh? i think i rem someone did a BP before rite?

Paula - ELC hv table/chair set? but v small one is it?? I looking at a size of like the ikea one.
happy.gif

the shop behind kids' pictures booth brand is "imagineium"... i saw also and looks not bad.

Mich, can post ur flight details, see whether I can "pick u up"... err, no car lah, haha. At least can help with suitcase n pass u the other stuff at same time?

paula, do u need yr Polo shirt before CNY ?
If yes and u do not hv time to collect from me then maybe I will be the postwomen to drop it at yr letter box. Let me know...

pawprint,
re: easel
do u think it's still available at Forum??

paula,
haha.. checked with ELC already.. asked if there's further discount if buy more items.. ehemm.. sorry no lor.. haha..

Mspiggy, duffy,
Haha … both of you are so fast manz!

MTDT,
Yea they have … the box that contains the table looked as huge as IKEA packaging lei …. I got Kell the rectangular shaped one from Ikea … quite durable and safe.

Cutie,
I will pick up on this Friday can? Will be on leave this Friday … flying off to Changmai on Sunday and will be back on next Friday…

RE: CHILTERN HOUSE

I received a call from Chiltern House saying that they do not offering FD or HD childcare care for tots of our age. FD or HD program only available for 3 years and above. They are offering flexi program for tots of our age. Hmm… forgot to ask which branch she called from…

paula - hmm.. ok ok
thanks. will go see see look look.

centrestage - off... they dun offer weekend classes and trials is min 3times.

MTDT,
Something like this.
http://www.amazon.com/Little-Tikes-Table-Chairs-Set/dp/B0002M5KLK
I kind of like it coz can "tuck in" the chair nicely. But with the price, maybe getting ikea ones are more worth it.
happy.gif

My hubby got a set of cheap children table and chair set from the local neighbourhood shop, serving G just fine. Only $28 for both chair and table. Got her a heinim set, don't really like it coz only can sit one child, the class room type. It is still a bit big for her so ended up in my storeroom now.

Joy - ya ya.. i rem the set
happy.gif

wow... so G hv 3 sets of table/chairs liao!!!
hahhaha

can open mini class liao!! :p

oh... i order something wrongly for my fren
somemore it's for the wrong sex

Anyone interested in this:
S64902 Size 80 Yen1680

I measured - it's length is about 32-33cm long for tshirts and 35-36cm for the sweater. Think too small for our tods... but those mummies EXPECTING NOW - pls pls pls consider!!! :p

1213563.jpg
1213564.jpg

Cutie,
Muacks muacks …

Sunflower,
Not too sure … the lady on the phone sounded dozy and I was multi tasking whilst talking to her… she mentioned briefly about play club … so I think that is the one.

Re. flexi … hmm, that’s what the teachers shared with us lah … but I think a lot depends on the personality of our children too. If our child is those adaptable and independent one, they should settle in well…

mummies !!

US fed just cut rate by 75 bp .. so expect a rally tmrw !!

that's wat i meant by seeing 2 to 3 weeks, cos was sensing something should happen soon, and that it shld happen before next tues .. which it just did !! i shld stay home and do more prediction ... hahaha

sunflower,
The nearest CH to us is the one at Halifax Road. It's behind KKH.

KOng,
hahaha... Tea-break is arrowhead chips ah... cannot "tahan" not to start enjoying the arrowhead chips hor? My sis can hold the whole bottle, sit in front of TV, and finish everything!

toto,
Where are you going for CNY? So good to be able to get away.

Paula,
So full day is better? Do they normally separate the full day and half day kids? Or they just mix to form a class? I am worried later if A sees his classmates going for half day going home, then will miss home, and get that kind of envy feeling. Dunno if he will think "how I wish my mommy is here to fetch me now" or "how I wish I can go back to the comfort of home now", etc. The last thing I want is he feels unwanted cos I send him to school. Dunno if you get what I mean...

Sunflower,
LV @ NYP is set up to service NYP staff. Priority would be given their children and NYP is full staffed … so you might have to call to check if there are vacancies.

Lyn,
If I have a choice, I would enroll Kell in ½ day care instead of full day. The unfortunate thing is that I don’t have a choice. In LV @ RP, there are 8 tots now, 5 in one class and 3 in the other. When Dal and I visited them on Monday, there were 3 or 4 tots staying on in the afternoon. I get what you mean … I told Kell why I have to send her to school and what she will be doing in school and I know she will enjoy it cos she is a little girl now. I told her sending her to school does not mean that I don’t love her and bah bah bah … so have been reciting to her the same stuff to her on a daily basis hoping that she will understand. You know, I was asking Teacher Putri at LV @ RP, how long does it take for a child to settle in. She replied that it will take about a week to two. She added on that based on her ten (or was it 20?) years of experience, she felt that many times, it is the parent who can’t let go or don’t bear to let go. She said that we must give them a chance to prove to us that they can bond with our child too and over a period of time, our child will learn to love and trust them. The child will tend to settle in more if we as parent paint a positive and fun picture of school for them.

LV @ RP allowed us to spend the first two days with our child in the school. But she said that if the child can settle down on the first day, we should just leave but picks them up at noon time. On the second day, we will pick them at a later time.

MT,
neighbourhood plastic chairs stack nicely, so u can buy more for Z's frens when they visit for playdate or something. Or for parties, or even for adult butts (get NO ARMREST type). Ard $6? Giant sells too, I think. Mine were from Toys Rus when they had promo... think I got 12 chairs and I "match" it with my big coffeetable lor when frens visit.

Table just get Ikea? I have 1 set Ikea Table with Daiso Chairs (dun recommend cos 25kg wt limit, I was so worried when a preggy fren unknowingly sat on it- not worried abt chair of cos, worried for her! Quickly told her to err, sit on floor :p ).

A fren did buy Haenim study table with chair, it was rather oversized, kid have "grow into it". But Z is tall, yah?
happy.gif

Duffy,
I just went Forum on Mon, saw Easel on sale $100 BUT I am not sure if it's Display Model or what. Really looks similar to the pic u posted but not sure details- whether magnetic or whiteboard or chalkboard or what, sorry. It's the shop BEHIND Kid's Pics, next to a little cafe. MT said it might be called Imaginarium? I thought it might be called TwinkleTots??? Sorry am not helpful!
There's a little CRAFT shop NEXT to Kid's Pics, also sells some easel if I recall (ask the guy in-charge).
Have u tried Tokomama too?

Cos the easel u're eyeing is pretty pricey, no harm looking around to see what else
happy.gif
. U dun like Ikea easel? Cheap and good, I find- the paper roll easily available and cheap and good too, haha. Eh, I lugged back 5 rolls of easel paper fr TW for my wall-mounted easel cos I can't find it locally, so better get something easily refillable
happy.gif

anyone interested?
Hi Michelle

Oh good, they are all of the same age, and Positive Play is just right for them.

Positive Play caters to tots age 17 months to 30 months. Content covers - yoga play, positive discipline,expressive communication through postures, movement, body language & facial expression-all executed in a fun way through music and movement. On top of that we've included imaginative story time and simple art & craft. Together, your child and you can expect a fun time of learning, play and all important bonding session.

Please follow this link for more information on our programmes - course structure, costs, our useful guidelines and more.

http://www.elc.sg/html/s12_content/default.asp?tnid=22&dsb=133

We have an empty slot on Tuesday from 9 to 9.45 am. This is a timeslot for BabyPlay! but as class have yet to start- we need a minimum 6 participants to start a class, we can fit your group in. The earliest slot is on 29 January. Trial session is at S$18.75 per child - this is pro-rated from S$150 for the regular 8-week term.

If your group is agreeable to this do let me know. We would then need the following information for every participants.

1. Child's name and Date of Birth: _________________________________

2. Mum's name (if mum is not attending, attending adult's name as well)

3. Mum's contact numbers (Home)___________(Mobile)__________

4. Mum's email address____________________________________

Thank you.

warm regards

Aida

Play Ambassador
Mobile: 9086 7235
www.elc.sg
}

p.s: have requested for something later...
happy.gif
9AM!! FAINTz........(will really STONE in class!!)

this looks better BUT it cost more dunno why... maybe cos it's their own private studio? am looking at the wednesday slot... anyone wanna attend with me?

<font color="ff0000">WEDNESDAY 4pm, JAN 30th: POSITIVE TOTS
Tanglin mall

1)Michele
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Hi Michele,

You can attend Positive Tots class on Sat 2pm - 2.45pm or Wed 4pm -4.45pm or Thurs morning.

The maximum number of tots is 10 tots. The fees for 1 trial is $26.75. If you like to buy a package, then it will be 8 lessons of $214.

We are located Tanglin Shopping Centre (beside Orchard Parade Hotel) #05-18

Thanks &amp; Regards,

Irene Tan

Birth &amp; Beyond Group Pte. Ltd.
+65-9027-9952
www.birthandbeyond.com.sg</font>

pawprint - giant chairs huh! then I can match ikea table with giant chairs?

The art shop in forum is TwinkleTots... the easel they are selling is brand Imaginarium (the same brand that hv wooden blocks/toys selling in toysrus) :p hope not too confusing for all.
happy.gif

btw thanks for passing my the stuff yesterday... ur place location really V V V GREAT! cant wait for 3rd feb - our playdate!
happy.gif
*oh, of cos sweet little Ath... so nice to give me a goodbye hug!*
happy.gif

chey... I was standing mah. she cant kiss me.

was actually caught off guard when she came n hug me... tot she will be shy and just give me a flying kiss nia. :p

am sure if i bend down... she wld hv KISS ME TOO!! hahhhahha LOL

<font color="ff0000">PLEASE PAY FOR YOUR SEA BIRDNEST ASAP!! AS WE'RE ONLY GOING FOR 3 BOXES, SO IT'LL BE A 1ST COME(PAY) BASIS! 3 BOXES EST. 90PAKS... I THINK... oh dear! forgot wat the lady told me... OLD AGE!!</font>

<font face="tahoma"> good morning ladies
happy.gif

sunflower,
yeah like Paula explained, NYP branch more for their staffs.

MTDT,
why are you looking at clips?!?!? :p</font>

MT, thanks haha, am trying to make use of the park and beach and facilities to LOSE WT! But not successful at all, gain wt instead. Dread CNY relatives asking why I fattened up again/ whether I'm preggie again...

Ath was thrilled u noticed she got a haircut, heh! Haircut was a "treat" for her :p , she been wanting to go a proper salon (even tho I picked the $10 express type cos Junior League is too ex!). Asked her if she wanted her hair cut, she said Yes. Asked if she wanted it cut SHORT, she replied she wants it cut "a little bit, leave some short, but some long". End up 10 bucks just for her fringe only lor, din touch the back at all.

Mich, SMSed n MSNed my addy to u. Sorry was rushing out to fetch girl.

Pending Payments from:

1) Tracy $80
2) Cookiemz $40
3) Spicegal $40
4) Jacque $40
5) Ocean $64
6) I'm a Mummy! $48

PLEASE PAY ASAP! thanks! will be leaving the house soooon...

mtdt, thanks! u're such a wonderful fren!! *muacks*

michele,

is your lounge wear still available? got big ones for adults anot? ;)

i have transferred $40 from my OCBC account to your DBS account :
transaction reference 20080123639080

cookiemz, u want smaller size, i may have ready stock for some designs BUT adult sizes, sorry! cannot take any more orders liao... won't be in time!
happy.gif

good afternoon mummies...
happy.gif

PP - your A so cute... know how to doll herself up liao...
happy.gif

lyn, we flying to Sunway Lagoon over CNY. staying at KL as well. any recommendations on good book shops?
happy.gif

hi pawprint,
saw the easel on Ikea web..it's definitely cheaper.. only $39. but dun see the paper roll holder leh.. is it to be bought separately?
1214941.jpg

Back