(2006/01) Jan 2006 MTBs

Hi Clare and MH,

Thanks.
kiss.gif

I think i will go for the one located at International Plaza cos i am more famaliar with this building.

I heard their maternity clothes are chic and affordable.
happy.gif

Eteele: If ur pants/skirts are feeling tight, then u go buy some bottoms lor...nobody will know it is maternity pants/skirts if u have a top that covers it...

Curly: U can try Pintarsol gel (by Ego), Egoderm ointment(non-steriod cream) for ur eczema. Try to use non-soap cleanser if possible. Please try to cut down on chocolate and peanut too. If too itchy, maybe u can try piriton (the yellow small pill)

hi MH
yah i don't know leh ha ha my cousin told me it's an honour to wear maternity clothes but for me it's paiseh ha ha :p well well well

i also have the lgs thigh itchy thing leh but not to the extend serious lah...then ah i got evry big thighs leh
sad.gif

yah i going shopping later and want to buy a working pants and a casual pants then have something to wear hee hee

Girls
will your vagina have smell? I do not have discharge or anything but can smell underwear very smelly and then after uring wipe vagina also got smell....*sorrie* if i sound too gross :p

Hi ivory
dun pay a shit to what others say we be happy wtith ourself most important we lvie for ourself not for others hee hee
happy.gif

Thanks Ivory and MH! Gynae gave me some anti itch tablets but didnt seems to help.... The cream he gave me, skin doc said too strong for pregnancy! Asked me to stop using and gave me something milder!

I had already started using sebamed shower gel before this pregnancy... But it seems to worsen after knowing I'm expecting! Maybe is the pregnancy hormones? Will look for the pintarsol gel the next time I go out.

Yesterday went back to the office to pack up my stuff and showed my colleague and she was shocked! She said it looks really serious.... Will be going back to see the skin doc next fri.

Btw, gynae said could be due to the jabs I have been taking.... I have reduced it to once a wk.

<font color="0000ff">Etelle...</font>
mayb u wan to try washing with water then wipe? think wun be so smelly? cos that's wat i do too... more hygenic
happy.gif

now of cos i dun care wat pple say lah... when younger of cos will mind lah... esp when pple keep calling u 'bo1 bah4'... its like very insulting though its more like they are jealous that i have better assets... but really hurting that time due to peer pressure mah..

Hi ivory
yah at home if i wipe sure wash then wipe then wun be smelly...but at office cannot mah no hose leh ha ha...wipe already very wet no towel hee hee :p do u girls using vagina wash?

<font color="0000ff">Etelle...</font>
last time got try vagina wash from Carefree... but tink no use n got a little itch so in the end in oni use water to wash..
happy.gif

siow liao... just now ate some biscuits n drank a cup of juice n less than 1/2 hr i puked them out... cham... dun tell me im going to puke every meal liao.. *faint*

curly

since you've got eczema, u know cannot eat peanuts hor (That means no more satay sauce, rojak, po piah with peanut, peanut butter). If not your baby will be allergic to peanuts. can be fatal.

Hi gals

Just came back from my gynae visit. Baby's now 1.73cm!

And baby moved when we did the scan! So amazing! Hb commented bb's got a big head. wonder if that's normal.

thanks mashybrainz!! actually I didnt know that..... since i only got this stupid eczema in the last 6 mths. I'll have to remember!

You must be very excited when you saw the bb moving!! Hope I'll be able to see the same when I visit the gynae this fri.

wow! so many posting liao.

Etelle - the taste is alright (juz like those fruit tree fruit juice. off course fresh one taste nicer
happy.gif

clare - oic. then i ask my gynae whether i can apply boh. (i thought i cant apply is due to my previous m/c) i oso got stretch mark.

mashy - wow! so happy for u. btw, u how many weeks liao? u mean bb will move when we scan?

curly

u just got eczema only? I've got eczema too. Since young. Don't wash with hot water, it'll make it worse. Moisturise it all the time. Weather changes will make it worse. Try to air as much as possible &amp; do not scratch. It get worse with scratching. Also, use mild shower foam to wash the area. Sometimes it might be the shower foam.

confused

i'm 8 weeks now. I dunno leh, i was lucky (or rather really blessed) to see bb move. Can also see the umblical cord already.

mashy - oic. then i must look clearly or ask doctor whether my bb got move boh cos mine tis week will be 10 weeks liao.

etelle - excited boh? tis friday can see your bb liao. me too looking forward to see mine. so gan cheong leh
happy.gif

yes mashybrainz, only in the last 6 mths. Dont know how I got it.... no one in the family got. Think very difficult to air unless I go naked! hahaha... Also very difficult not to scratch leh.... Yah, already changed my shower foam to sebamed recommended by my sis' friend.

Oh, can see bb's umblical cord too? I'll be almost 9 wks this fri. Hope to see what you had seen.

confused

don't need to ask your dr one. You can see very clearly. bb will shuffle shuffle around. or maybe i'm just having a very active bb. :p

Mashy - me previously go at 9 wk with HB, HB and doc both saw the bb moving too... but i didn't manage to catch tat moment...

Confused, Etelle, me visiting gynae this sat (wk 12)... very excited too...

hi ivory,

according to my gynae..she does to advise to use vagina wash during pregnancy...as i got abit of infection 2-3 week ago..due to the panty liner..was sensitive to it.

Curly,

Do you try to use calamine lotion..i suffering from ecezema..and advise from my gynae to use the calamine lotion...it help on me..you can just go to any GP and get it..i feel very cooling after apply and it can ease the itch temporily..stop me from scratching....the more you scratch..the more itchy...

Hi confused
yeah evry excited ha ha cannot wait for friday to come leh hee hee :p so exciting ha ha :p hee hee

mashy
u saw baby moved how cool is that ha ha :p sorta like baby saying hi to mum and dad hor hee hee :p cool.

Hi gals
Wow, only 1 afternoon never log on and there are more than 100 posts liao. Im down with flu, so on mc today

Can check whether anyone has m/s which has faded away? Mine did, but Im not too sure if its coz Im sick now.. a bit worried abt bb leh..

Hi wendyl
Welcome.. &amp; congrats.

Mashy
Sometimes, belly button, belly &amp; breasts will be itchy. I think its due to the expansion of our skin.

Minhui
$130 for 4 items, quite good buy leh.. were the items on sale? Ive yet to pop over to Marton Bell yet.. Im also looking for shoes. Maybe will check out the Clarke ones.

Clare
Wah.. can only start in 6mths, by then tummy will be so big.. I must rem to ask gynae abt this.

Hi gals
When must we start taking the DHA pills huh?

Curly
You better go see doc for the eczema. I have a gf who had it &amp; scratched a lot. In the end, had a lot of scars.

Mashy
So nice to see bb moving.. 8 weeks only.. very fast leh..
I hope my bb will move during our next scan. I cant wait for the next visit.

Babylon
I think its better not to wear pantyliners.. wear cotton undies.. its more airy..

krissie, hope you are feeling better.... my m/s started around wk5.5 and already wearing off by wk 7. And for the eczema, I'm already seeing a skin doc....

Hi gals,

I am officially 12 weeks pregnant today
happy.gif

Went to the gynae on Fri. Saw the baby during the NT Scan. Baby was moving his/her limbs while the gynae was scanning his/her length. He/she is 4.61cm. Can see the head, limbs &amp; body rather clearly. Am taking Calcium &amp; Multi-vits now. According to scan, my baby may be due on 1st Jan 2006.

Somehow, my symptoms have improved
happy.gif
So it's true when they say MS is only the 1st trimester. My bloatedness is gone and my appetite is better.

Lost 0.6kg when I weighed myself at the gynae last Fri. Gynae says it's fine though &amp; my blood pressure is good.

My package is $525 from 20 weeks onwards and NUH has ante-natal classes which I can sign up for from 5 months onwards.

Also signed for medisave claim of $450. This will be reimbursed after delivery.

Etelle - The weird feeling in tummy is similar to mild hunger pangs. Sometimes if I dun eat someting quickly, it gets worse &amp; I can feel stomach starts to produce gastric juices &amp; tatz when I start to feel nausea.

Today feeling nausea wholeday again...sigh!
kao_sad.gif

Ivory - Thanks for adding my details to ur list!
FYI, my age 29.

Krissie - Thanks! Glad to have found this thread!

Those of u looking for pants...u can try Tom &amp; Stephanie. I bot 1 black &amp; 1 white pants from tiong bahru branch few weeks ago. They were having 20%. After disc is less than $30 per pc. Nice cutting &amp; very comfy as it is stretchable with some gathers infront to cater for preggies with future tummy expansion!
Dunno if they still got stock cos saw only left a few pcs on display then.

Hi sysa
what's pre ante natal class??

Krssie &amp; Cookie
Does Mt A have this kind of classes ? Or where can we go for these classes?? Hee Hee.

btw Morning girls.

I went to BEGA store to buy pants and skirts. It's for normal people one not maternity wear. The style is like IORA, DANO kind. Well bought 2 pants both one size bigger and a skirt also one size bigger. Bought the skirt specially for the visit to Dr Ho's clinic. I was thinking maybe first run have to do V scan so wear skirt better hee hee :p

FOr the following visist, can wear dresses or pants or jeans or shorts or whatsoever liaoz hee hee.

I actually wanted to buy XL size but then hee hee :p it's way way too big ...haha cannot fit in...haha looks like i ahve hidden 2 chicken under my pants hah

My cousin told me Spring has nice jeans and nice tops. Jeans for $79 and tops for $45. There are normal tees for $20+ though. Hmmmmmm is there Spring in Suntec, which level?? I want to go Spring and see see....

Thinking of what to wear to work is really a dread ah
kao_frustrated.gif
. Every morning look at the wardrobe and it's like ha ha more than half cannot wear cuz tight tight one. Checkw ith you girls....any sign fo tummy showing yet at this point ??? For me 8 weeks today hee hee and tummy seem to be showing liaoz. And my sister in law told me probbably u r carrying boy so it grows bigger faster ha ha how far how true don't know hee hee
happy.gif

is eating bah kut teh a
nono.gif
? Yesterday mother in law cooked for me as per my request and after eating i feel like so heaty and gum a bit swollen and very tired ha ha. This morning almost couldn't come for work cuz feeling uncomfortable....not exactly unwell but tired leh.

Hi Hi
When to the gynae on Monday afternoon and saw my bb moving. Very very active. Could not log on that often nowadays as my boss have put me on a big project which will last till September and have to attend full day meeting yesterday. Very very tired but what to do.

I am about 11 weeks now, but when the gynae tried to do the NT scan, he mentioned that the bb was smaller in size and thus he couldn't do the scan, have to return two weeks later.

A little worry as the bb was smaller ? bb about 4cm now. Don't know whether it is due to my bad MS and have not been eating enough.

Hi Yuen Yuen
Must be happy to see bb moving hor hee hee :p Your boss know that you are pregnant??

NT scan is done when? Normally when we go gynae is do the ultra scan right then NT scan is done when??

Don't worry lah maybe you just try to eat more lor and after puke still eat lor if not also no good. we also know we need food to grow so if u dun then how to grow . Eat more k!!!

By the way say we make an appointment with the gynae then before the appointment we discover discomfort or such then do we just walk in to the gynae's clinic or we call to make a last minute appointment?

I wore jeans to work today again. Hee hee cuz nothing to wear. Then ah it's button kind. Then the first button cannot button liaoz haha...actually weight gain during this pregnancy period is alright is it? I am really afraid of putting on alot of weight so what's the norm weight? or healthy range.

Etelle
I told my boss about my pregnancy when I am at week 6 as I wanted them to know that I will not want to put in extra overtime but still give me big project and lots of stress.........

NT scan is normally done from week 11-13 to check for Down Syndrome. I am an old MTB you see and the risk is higher. According to studies, the risk of Down Syndrome bb for age 29 is 1:1000 but at my age the ratio is 1:550. By going for the NT scan and blood test we should be able to detect about 85% to 92%.

NT scan is similar to the Ultra scan just that the gynae will focus on the amount of fluid behind the neck of the fetus.

At Week 20 we still have to another detailed Ultra scan to check for structural (Physical) abonrmalities.

krissie: I bought the items on sale, 2 tops at $20 each, one top at 40% discount and the bottom at 30%. Dun wanna spend too much as I got pregnancy dresses already. Having said that, I think I need cardigans and maybe a capris/bermuda..:p

I wore my Clarks to work today, although it is not those dainty type, it is so comfy and helps to correct my posture a bit.

sysa: $525 seems ok, are u a private patient under NUH? Does it include detailed scan, vitamins, routine ultrasound scans, unscheduled visits? How's the waiting time at NUH?

Wenyl: dun worry, I got the same feeling as u, I always got bloatiness at night after a day of eating. Are those pants maternity type, or they happen to have gathers? We are of the same age!

Hi Yuen Yuen
how old are you?? NT scan have to abstract fluid from the foetus or not??? Oooh so you are into your 11 weeks already.....

MH
any idea where to buy ncie dresses ?? haha actually we need our clothings right hee hee :p i mean we can have this set of clothes for "fat" use and then one is our normal figure use hee hee :p like one of the mtb here who said she has when fat clothes hee hee :p i also spent $100 yesterday on 2 pants and one skirt. Skirt cost $39....but it's those work wear one...anyway think can wear till maybe 4 months after which when tummy becomes too big must wear maternity liaoz

Etelle: wearing looser pants may not feel as good as those fitted for maternity ones, I got a pair of loose pants too (with a hand to fit in between), but when I finish my lunch, the pants are tight...drats!

Back