(2006/01) Jan 2006 MTBs

May
i am changing my gal to Edvox music school at CCK. http://www.edvox.com/
she will be with a teacher who's just joined the school, from Russia. So, the teacher's schedule is still quite empty. We had gone for the trial lesson and found that this teacher is quite good. So, we decided to switch to this school.
Edvox has a promotion now, i.e. if you sign up for 6 months, they will give you free student model violin which cost $100+.

hope you can finda suitable violin teacher for your gal soon.
happy.gif

Hi sunny,
What should we look out for in a violin teacher?

Job
Anyone keen on working part time?
I'm looking for someone who has a degree in Science / Engineering, with experience handling legal contracts very much preferred, though not an absolute must. Full time preferred but can also consider part time basis.
If you are interested (or know someone who is interested), let me know ok?
PM/email me for details.

queen
it depends on individual. To me, most importantly is that the teacher can clique with my gal and able to communicate. then, the teacher emphasizes on playing postures and technique 'cos I believe that building foundation is very important, and the teacher can always encourage my gal to improve further though she's able to play all the notes correctly.
Among the 3 violin teachers whom my gal had so far, I can only saw one who met my requirements. Sadly, she had gone back to her home country for family matters. That's why, I am changing another one who seems to be able to meet my requirements.

Is Isaac learning violin now?

I m interested in part time job, but I m not engineering trained...

sunny,
I'm looking for a violin teacher for Isaac...
I'm actually interested in learning too, for fun. So thinking of getting a private teacher who does't mind teaching both of us. But I stay in north area, and I think it's difficult to find one in my area somehow.

About the PT job, maybe we chat over email?

Queen

I'm also interested but not engineering trained. :p

going to send my gal to full day cc next year in March and will be looking for a part time job or start a biz. Now just counting my days. Hehehe.

sunny,

replied to you liao.

mashy,
sorry, I think I would prefer someone with engineering / science / legal background.

Dear mummies, I am providing Weekend Chauffuer Service in a luxury 8 seaters MPV. Will be driven by myself. I can send your family to a location comfortably. Car seat and booster seat available for kid and baby. Pls sms me @ 90990650 or email me [email protected] to learn more. Limited slots available in Dec 2010 and Jan 2011.

Hi Mommies

SH,
How did your lasik go?

Queen
I thought Isaac is taking piano lesson? I can check with Mel's piano teacher if she has friend teaching violin. She's staying in Sembawang

Flo,
That will be great if mel's teacher can recommend someone. I bought a piano recently for my own interest lah... Cos I'm trained in piano. But Isaac seems more keen on violin so thought of letting him try that first.

Flo,
How long has Mel been learning piano?

I have found a teacher for Clariss in Yishun. Will be having a trial with her this Sat. She is being recommended by another quite highly recommended teacher who teaches in the east. Hopefully, Clariss will like her.
So far is Mel willing to practice?

Mongs
Mel started in Feb. So far she's ok with practicing about 15min everyday.

Queen
Mel's teacher has yet to reply me, I think she's busy with Christmas carolling. Will let you know if I hear from her

SH
Congrats! The feeling of not having to wear specs is great rite :p

May
You can accompany her during the lesson though they don't really encourage. For me, I will sit in so that I can learn at the same time and coach my gal at home.

mummies
i started full time work!!! been abt a month now. so far ok as not too busy. having my own time and life is great though i miss my kids. but i guess at a certain stage i wan to do my own things etc

mashy
u sending your gal to same childcare as C? i can help u look out for PT but maybe pay not very high.

Sy
ya, sending her to the same cc. It's cheap and so far so good. Only $500 for both of them full day whereas I can't even pay for one child full day elsewhere.

Thanks! Maybe u can send me the details of the PT job? Can only start from march though coz only then will send my gal to cc.

hihi mummies...
Happy New Year!
has your child been able to do homework independently at home?
Clariss is always dragging her feet when it comes to homework and always takes super long time to finish them. She took 1.5hr to finish writing 12 times of 2 chinese words homework.
If this is the rate she does her homework in primary school, I think we can forget about sleeping. Is it because they are the younger lot in the class and can't focus for a long time. Anyone encountered just problems?

Mongs

my boy also like this! But not just at home. He refused to do work in school so end of the term when they sent the books back, I gotta make him write everyone of them. Now I make him finish a page every night. Lots more to go. Sigh.

Hi Linda,

It's been such a long time since you posted!
How are you?
Why the long absence from our thread?
happy.gif

Actually a lot of us are less active now.
My Isaac is also in K2 now...

Mongs,
Isaac doesn't get homework from school...
only very occasionally, his teacher will write down 1 or 2 sentence in an exercise book for him to bring home to practise. That's about it.
And even then, he need only write like 5 lines and yes, it will take him half an hour! Plus his handwriting is not nice (like u looks like n or h looks like n)... I always have to correct him
Now in K2, I heard that he will have spelling and still no homework.

hello all
long time no chat...
I hardly have time for net surfing these days so even reading forum is hardc
sad.gif

It's incredible how fast our kid grow, they are already 5 or coming to 5
(Belated) Happy birthday to all Dec and Jan babies
happy.gif

My kae is the youngest in this thread
happy.gif

anyone need to buy anything from US or amazon? I got an item coming so I can accomodate more purchases so we can share shipping costs.

mashy
sorry been so busy!!

u found any PT job so far?

wow $500 for both kids full day is cheap!!! mine is $1100 for both after subsidy

queen
going back to FT work is not my choice. hb wants me to go back to work. n now that both kids are in cc, no reason for me to say no right?

re homework
jh gets homework every weekend. abt 1-2 pages but quite simple one. now i try to have a routine of either doing reading or writing every night. he actually needs to practice his writing more cos it's really quite ugly. how do u practice writing? get them to write lines in exercise book?

mashy
yesterday's piece of work came as a complete surprise to me too!!! just before this his handwriting was terrible! no proportions, no proper lines etc. maybe it helped that the paper has lines so it can guide him on proportions....

hi hi,

sorry to intrude.

understand you all highly reco zhen jie as CL.

is she still as good?

any1 can pm me her contact??

thanks!

long long time never pop by here to say hi.

Just a note to mummies sending kids to NYPS.

There is a circular saying that Jan 2013 - Dec 2014, P1 - P2 kids will be affected as the school is undergoing upgrading.

These 2 level will be allocated to a temp holding place but the site is not confirmed yet.

I will have big problem. 2 kids going same school different site and my poor charmaine and aden cannot meet in school

<font size="+2"><font color="119911">Attention : All mummies!

It has been a long time since we last meet over a gathering.

SY and myself would like to organise a gathering for all before our first batch of kiddos go to P1 next year.

Date : 30 Apr 2011 (Sat)
Venue: Function Room at Hillington Green - Hillview

Time : TBA ( room booked from 9 - 2 pm)

Activities:

Craft class $20 per kid by SY's fren

Food :
Potluck or Catering ?

RSVP :
1. SY : 1 A 2 C
2. Chic Lil : 2A 2 C</font></font>

Long time no chat on this thread.

Wishing luck to all mummies in the p1 registration for our dec babies n mashy's C. Hope you get your choice of school.

Hi Mummies,
So whose kids will be going for the P1 registration? Good Luck Ya ?!!

Sunny,
I might still consider putting my gal into Nan Hua. So still got chance for our gals to study same Pri Sch. hehe. Some change of plans cos I am retrenched and my new office is very near to NHPS.

May
That's good, then maybe logistic wise is easier for you. I got to brush up my driving skills if sending my gal to NHPS. haha....

Hi Mummies,
It's been a long time since I chatted here. How's everyone?
Keenan is going P1 next year. Who else is going too? Do you feel that your Dec child has lost 1 year of learning b4 he enters P1?

Long time no c!
It's been an exciting time seeing some of our kids enrol into pri one.

Denmy
I feel that they will catch up. Their learning speed is according to how much they are taught. Taking a longer time
doesn't necc mean they learn more too. It's the quality, not quantity. So far for C, his fine motor skills are still slightly lacking. His Chinese is good for k1 level only. But his English has far exceeded our expectations. I think the continual challenge to their minds will help them learn faster. Last time we only learnt our alphabet in pri one. Now they already know in nursery. Human brains are so mysterious. I suppose they will learn whatever we teach and expose them to. They can even be maths geniuses if we just give them the materials. Maybe that's why they say the first 6 yrs are most important coz their brains are like sponge, absorbing everything quickly. So while they are younger than the rest of the cohort, they will certainly catch up. The difference becomes less significant as they grow older.

hello all mummies
Long time no chat....
I can see the thread has quietened down alot.
I still remember this was one of hottest thread around flood with so much info.
Now I guess all of us are just very busy
happy.gif

Hi Mommies

It has been a long while...so busy at work!

Queen
Are you still staying at the same place? What is your logistic arrangement going to be? Mel will be going to SGCS next year. I think quite a few kids here going P1 next year?

Flo

Still staying at SBW.
Thinking of shifting to CCK, but the property prices are so high now.
WE will likely drop Isaac off at school in the morning on route to my mum's place at Jurong West to drop Matthew off.
Am going to check whether the school bus can drop Isaac at the Yew Tee MRT so that my ILs can pick him up at CCK after school. My ILs moved to Marsiling area.
But this is short term plan lah... we will have to move to CCK / Yew Tee area eventually.

Wah SCGS is quite far you know!

Queen
Oic. Doesn't the school bus go to Marsiling? Won't that be easier? We are moving somewhere near the school probably by end of the year. My mom has shifted to Jalan Kayu. I'm still deciding if I should drop Mel at my mom's place after school or send her to BASC. Most likely the latter as it's less stressful for me cos they will make sure she finishes her homework there.

Back