2005 East Mommies

Oreos,
Any of your family members staying in condo? Maybe you can hold it there? Honestly, 1 yr old dun really know what's going on, it's more of a gathering for families and friends. Maybe you can do it at the chalet? NSRCC has nice chalet. I did it for my kids 2 yrs ago. If you have lots of kids, then you can arrange waterplay for them. What I did was get a inflatable pool, fill it with water and let the younger ones enjoy. Brought vcd for some of the kids to watch and lots of water guns! Kids that came to the party were from 1 to 6yrs old.

SJ,
Wow! You really efficient!
Thanks for the compilation
Jas_tan,
I also say the same to my Hb. Told him that no room of our own, no room for our gal, no personal toilet, no number 2
happy.gif
Hiak Hiak!
HDB new flats got so many rules, I agree with you. Then to buy resale, it's so ex that we both think condo more worth it. But my ILs are currently living in a house. So to them it is a"downgrade" if we move to apartments... aiyah dunno lah, when I flip the papers and see that cost of house all 7 figure type, I very scared to think if I lose my job how? But the yearning to have a place of my own is so strong....
To all,
Do you all use a sleep bag for your little darlings when they are put down for bedtime instead of a blanket? Seems the marketplace is buzzing about it. Me have been using one for my gal since she was 4 months plus. Quite useful. If you all need tips on what type is good, I can give rundown
happy.gif

Share mah
kao_sticktongue.gif

Oreos,
I'm very interested. The one I saw my friend use is from The First Few Years. I know Kiddy Palace also have. Which ones are good? The ones that the zip is from the neck to bottom or those with 2 zips that can pull from the neck or the bottom? If my BB don't sleep air-con, then no need sleep bag right?

Hi carrie, cat_tail & Jilian,
U're welcome! Tat's what happen to me so decided to come up with this list.

hi cat_tail,
that was not me, i have shoulder-length hair.. i m staying at 11th floor.. haha.. me too often heard other babies crying during my ML and will rush to check out my baby to make sure he is fine.. and wondered if that was my imagination or really other babies crying..
373237.gif

hi JasTan,
my mum looks after my baby when i out to work, she is staying a few blocks away.. will bring him there every morning and back home every evening..

sj_ong - ya thks for the list! thread moving real fast and me getting confused hehe..

carrie,joesphine, vone, ethel and jillian...welcome!

for u marine paraders - which part of marine parade do u guys stay? who knows like cat_tail & carrie, some of us might stay in the same block!

talking about bithday parties, u guys holding soon for your bb? i was thinking of a small one for close frens n relatives..let's share our bb's DOB?

Oleander(SAHM) Marine Parade - Girl(9months) 10 May '05
Oreos(FTWM) Marine Parade - Girl(7 months)
Cat_tail(FTWM) Pine Close - Girl(6 months)
MG Teo(SAHM) Geylang - Girl(13 months)
Hong(FTWM) Cassia Crescent - Girl(25 months), pregnant EDD:?
SY(FTWM) Pasir Ris - ? (on maternity leave now)
Odie(FTWM) Marine Parade - Boy(7.5 months)
Twinsmummy(FTWM) Pasir Ris - Boys(twins 13 months)
JasTan(?) Tampines/Pine Close - Boy(25 months)
sj ong(PTWM) Marine Parade - Girl(4+ yrs), Boy(26 months)
pageup(?) Lengkong Tiga - Boy(8 months)
wlml2402(SAHM) Bedok Reservoir - Boy(4 months)
von(FTWM) Bedok Reservoir - Boy(6 months)
seagal(FTWM) Bedok Reservoir - Girl(14 months)
carrie(FTWM) Pine Close - Boy(8months)
Josephine Tan(?) Pine Close - MTB EDD: June2006
Jillian(?) Marine Parade - MTB EDD: April2006
Ethel(SAHM) Marine Parade - Boy(14 months)

Oreos - i don't use sleeping bag for my bb. have been using those blanket which got holes one (is it called thermal blanket) frm mothercare. but recently, i do not even use blanket for her coz she perspires real easily. Even with the aircon on, she will perspire if i cover her. so now juz wear her long sleeve shirt/pants pj to sleep. when she's younger birth - 2 mths, i saddle her to sleep. then she protest when she wants more room to move around.

I stay in the walk-up apartment opposite the new NPP, along Marine Parade Rd. It's called St. Patrick's View.

sj ong(PTWM) Marine Parade - Girl(4+ yrs), Boy(26 months)
Jillian(FTWM) St. Patrick's View, Marine Parade - MTB EDD: April2006
Ethel(SAHM) Marine Parade - Boy(14 months)

Oleander(SAHM) Marine Parade - <font color="ff0000">Girl</font>(9months) 10 May '05
Oreos(FTWM) Marine Parade - <font color="ff0000">Girl</font>(7 months)
Cat_tail(FTWM) Pine Close - <font color="ff0000">Girl</font>(6 months)
MG Teo(SAHM) Geylang - <font color="ff0000">Girl</font>(13 months)
Hong(FTWM) Cassia Crescent - <font color="ff0000">Girl</font>(25 months), pregnant EDD:?
Odie(FTWM) Marine Parade - <font color="0000ff">Boy</font>(7.5 months)
Twinsmummy(FTWM) Pasir Ris - <font color="0000ff">Boys</font>(twins 13 months)
JasTan(?) Tampines/Pine Close - <font color="0000ff">Boy</font>(25 months)
sj ong(PTWM) Marine Drive - <font color="ff0000">Girl</font>(4+ yrs), <font color="0000ff">Boy</font>(26 months). DOB: 12 DEC 2001 &amp; 2003
pageup(?) Lengkong Tiga - <font color="0000ff">Boy</font>(8 months)
wlml2402(SAHM) Bedok Reservoir - <font color="0000ff">Boy</font>(4 months)
von(FTWM) Bedok Reservoir - <font color="0000ff">Boy</font>(6 months)
seagal(FTWM) Bedok Reservoir - <font color="ff0000">Girl</font>(14 months)
carrie(FTWM) Pine Close - <font color="0000ff">Boy</font>(8months)
Jilian(FTWM) Marine Parade - MTB EDD: April2006
Ethel(SAHM) Marine Parade - <font color="0000ff">Boy</font>(14 months), ? EDD:?

<font color="aa00aa">Hi everyone, If you can pls update your info, kids DOB and for those staying in marine parade, we would like to know which part, thanks!</font>

Jilian,
U noe wat? I have the same situation like u, MIL suggests to get a maid &amp; put at her side. And alas, it turns out to be a nightmare to me. So in the end, I terminate my maid's service (cos she did something wrong) &amp; get a babysitter straight away.

I am not trying to discourage u, but u need to ask yourself this questions seriously. Can you tolerate yor MIL if she got a different way of bringing up your kid? It's always not easy to tell a MIL off.. cos she's not yor mum. Trust me...

Carrie,
Oopsss.. wrong guess. Same same, I always heard a baby crying around my corner but I just dun noe where is it. Initially, I misinterprete the cries as my gal's one..haha...so funny

sj ong
thanks for tjis list!

SY(FTWM) Pasir Ris - Boy (1 month)17 Jan 06
sj ong(PTWM) Marine Drive - Girl(4+ yrs), Boy(26 months). DOB: 12 DEC 2001 &amp; 2003
Ethel(SAHM) Marine Parade - Boy(14 months), ? EDD:?

Jastan
so u stay at you parents place out of convenience. your IL ok with this arrangement?

Jillian
i got a maid to care for my boy. din wan to have to travel with a young bb every morn. my maid loves my bb n is very patient with him.

Cat_tail
Yes I'm so scared of the MIL-DIL conflict. I don't know how she plans to take care of the baby. I suppose won't know until time comes. That's why I'm going to talk to my boss to see if I can work half the time from home and take care of BB then at least I can still be 'in control' of how I want to raise the baby, and then no need maid cos then if MIL got errands to run she at least have her own time in the afternoons. But I ever did tell my husband, that if his mom's method really not compatible with our ideas I will just stop working and take care myself. For now, I think maybe I try leave the baby half-day with her, if possible. I think she also wants to be involved in the care of her first grandson so I try first. Thanks for your advice! It's comforting to know I'm not alone.

SY
Bopian. She wants us to bring maid to her place. I think she don't want to leave maid unsupervised at my place. And to be honest I also not comfortable trusting the maid so much. You not scared your BB more attached to maid than you ah? I very phobia about that. Also scared they so used to the maid, that you can't send the maid back next time.

hi, my son ,josh DOB is 8th dec 04. now i m 4mth preggy n my EDD is aug 06. but this 2nd preganancy is tedious.. had bleeding so now congfined to bedrest indefinitely!! i wanted 3 kids.. but i think 2 enuff.. staying at laguna park.

Update mine n ethel's

Oleander(SAHM) Marine Crescent - Girl(9months) 10 May '05
sj ong(PTWM) Marine Drive - Girl(4+ yrs), Boy(26 months). DOB: 12 DEC 2001 &amp; 2003
Ethel(SAHM) Laguna Park - Boy(14 months) 8 Dec 2004,EDD:Aug2006

ethel - u take care. me also instructed to bedrest at abt 7.5mths in pregnancy due to early contractions. take the chance to rest and sleep...before the newborn comes along hehe..

opps sorry for the late reply to all cos cant catch up, the thread running really fast.

my update of my boy dob:

wlml2402(SAHM) Bedok Reservoir - Boy(4 months)DOB: 15 October 2005

hope to catch up fast
kao_sticktongue.gif

@.@... you girls are good!!! So many posts in just one day. Keep it up!!

Oreos... maybe you can see if you are get a place near your in-laws... at least it is still better than under the same roof. Ever since I got my own place... I felt so much better. I can invite friends over, cook, bake. When I was staying with IL a bit tough. You know how every woman is so possessive over their own kitchen.. and I don't want to tread into her territory :p

Jilian... I wasn't used to the idea of a maid too. But after a while I got use to it. My maid is strictly for housework only. Although I have my differences with my MIL... but I will choose her to take care of my boy anytime. No matter what... she is still the granny so she will still love my boy. Different methods from me but at least I know she dotes on him. Maid a bit harder... to her it is just a job. And with a maid at least I can bring my boy out anytime during weekends without having to worry about the housework. More time for my kid.

Oh here's the details requested... I stay at Chapel Road and my boy's bday is on 1 Jul 05.

Anyway, just got this info from a colleague, and seems to be true as I saw an article in the newspaper forum on such case.

==================================================
Just a quick note to let everyone know of a mobile phone scam that's been going round lately in Singapore. If you're a M1 or Singtel subscriber, there might have been recent charges to your account which may have been faked.

Subscribers who have received SMS greetings over the recent Chinese New Year period from the short number 77330 will have been charged $1 per greeting. The service is from a company called mTouche ( www.mtouche.com ), and the charge would have been levied even if you've not subscribed to their greeting service. mTouche has been fined by IDA ( www.ida.gov.sg ) in the past for the same offence but they seem to be doing it again.

Imagine the amount of $$$ earned shd there be 1 handphone for each of the 4 million in population.

Do check your recent statements carefully. So far it seems only M1 and Singtel customers are experiencing this problem but subscribers to other networks should review their statements just to make sure.

The best thing you can do if you've received these extra charges is to send a complain to IDA at [email protected] . Don't bother calling mTouche as they've disconnected their phone lines as of this morning. The telcos claim they are unable to do anything about charges levied by a third party.
==================================================

hi, can i join..

update of my boy's details

Yvonne (FTWM) Simei -Boy (12 weeks), girl (23 months)

Jilian,
Wow, U are very organised! Already comes out with plan A &amp; plan B on the baby care issue.
biggrin.gif
Hopefully your MIL is one of the exceptional, better dun be like mine. So does she stay near? If not, it's also very tiring to bring baby &amp; maid, in &amp; out everyday.

Hi Ethel,
Pls take good care of yorself &amp; rest watever u can.

Cat_tail(FTWM) Pine Close - Girl(6 months) DOB: 15 Aug 2005
Yvonne (FTWM) Simei -Boy (12 weeks), girl (23 months)

Hi Odie, I agree with you abt having own place, where you can cook or bake whatever you want. We have been staying on our own for the passed 6 yrs, doing everything on my own(housekeeping). But my hubby has been mentioning that if we ever get a new place, he wants MIL to live with us. My gosh! I dun know what will I do if that happen! Sometimes I like to cook western food, so if she's staying with us, you mean that I've to cook 2 different meals in 1 night? I'd welcome her to stay with us over the weekends but not long term.... Esecially after hearing some of you your situation.

Hi Ethel, I wanted to have 3 or 4 kids too but after taking care of my kids alone, I've decided 2 is enough. Pls take care of yourself ya!

Hi Cat_tail, will update for you.

Hi JasTan, Thanks for telling us. Will check my bills..

Hi Odie, you like to cook and bake too? Me too!
Hopefully one of this days we can do it together.

Hi Yvonne, welcome!

ok..

Yvonne (FTWM) Simei -Boy (12 weeks DOB:21 Nov 2005), girl (23 months DOB: 7 March 2004)

Hi SJ... yup yup actually I enjoy cooking and baking but not much opportunity to. So not very good. I try to cook on some occasions like Christmas and new year. But I make an effort to cook for my boy on weekends.

My dad is a professional pastry chef. He has been in this line for 20 over years... working for hotels and country clubs. I have been bugging him since I was a teenager to get him to teach me to bake... but he simply refuse to. My mum doesn't enjoy baking so we didn't have an oven at home.

I made some chocolate rice crisps cookies for CNY and I brought it over for them... and as usual his comment was "why you waste all the time and money to do things like these... you know it won't cost you much to just buy it and so convenient". Oh well -.-"

Not into serious baking at the moment cos no time and money to buy the baking equipment... but I will get to it and I want to prove to my dad that I have his baking genes... muwahahahah ^.^ v

You have any recipes to share for cooking for babies? Think my boy is getting sick of eating the same old stuff

Anyway those things about MIL... be positive because not everyone is the same. There are times when I get upset with my MIL over some issues but I have to say that I am quite grateful for her for somethings. Its a love hate relationship lah :p

My hubby is the eldest son and I forsee the likelihood of us moving back with in-laws or them staying with us when they grow older and when my hubby's siblings get married and move out. No matter how frustrated it can get... I still feel that old folks should have children staying with them to help around. Quite pitiful if they are left all alone. Oh well that is a problem to solve 10 to 20 years down the road.

hi,
i have done up the list in spreadsheet, easier to update.. enjoy your weekend..
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msexcel.gif
list
List.xls (17.4 k)</td></tr></table></center>

sj_ong
thanks for compiling the list, it is very useful.

jilian
Don't be too nervous, when the time comes, you will be more focus on delivering the bb. Just enjoy the remaining days of the pregnancy to the very best.

This is what one of my friend did, she cannot tahan the way her MIL looks after her boy, so after a few months, she quit and become a SAHM.

oreas
I never use sleeping bag for my boy, he don't have the habit on using blanket. Is the sleeping bag for babies only? Isn't it warm for the baby to sleep inside esp under our weather?

you mean you will continue to stay with ILs even you buying another house?

carrie
Your caregiving arrangement is good. It is always good to have mother helping out. However, I don't think I will want to look after my grandchildren though (I think too far ahead liao)

sy
Sort of but I think more of a comfort and familiarity that I stay over at my parent's place. So far my ILs are okay, I never heard them complain leh. Anyway, even if they do, I also don't care. I just want to be with my boy after work, and also to help in the care-giving.

You very fortunate to got a good maid. Nowasday is so difficult to got a good one, heard too many stories already.

I also don't want to travel with a young bb early in the morn so I stay over at my parent's place instead.

ethel
You better had a good rest. So in the meantime, who takes care of your boy?

odie
Like what you say, own place you will enjoy more freedom and get to invite your friends over anytime. if staying with ILs, things are so difficult. For me, I never invite friends over and I think my friends will be feeling quite uncomfortable too if they do come over.

Are you also possessive of your kitchen too?

stef&amp;seanbabes
Can I refer to you as stef? Welcome to the thread. Who is looking after your two kids now?

carrie
thanks, had updated my info in the list.

carrie
Sorry, but can the list be updated online? When I try to save, it is saving a copy into my PC instead.

Hi cat, Jas Tan, carrie, josephine tan

I used to stay in Pine Close (parent's house) but got married in 2003 so no longer staying there. I still go there about 2-3 times a week to visit my mum with my daughter. So wondering, maybe we could have known each other?
happy.gif

MG Teo(SAHM) Geylang - Girl(13 months) DOB: 20 Jan 2005
Yvonne (FTWM) Simei -Boy (12 weeks DOB:21 Nov 2005), girl (23 months DOB: 7 March 2004)

harlo mummies.. just found this threat.. mine if i join? i've added the details to the list

Phoebe(FTWM) Bedok Reservoir - Boy(5+ months)

oreos, it used 2 b known as d safra golf &amp; country club. i dun use sleeping bag 4 my boy. i let him sleep d sleepsuits as he's veri scared of d heat.

sj_ong, tt's veri sweet of u 2 compile d list.
happy.gif

cat_tail, ya lor. hehe...

jas, really a? tks. i thot i m old coz some of d mummies which i noe r much younger than me.

jillan, i aso hv d same prob. no 1 2 look after my boy so i had 2 hire a maid. bt she's giving me a lot of prob.

my details as follows:-

vone (FTWM) Bedok Reservoir - Boy(6 months) 25 aug 2006

Hi Mommies
Wanna add in my details...

vone (FTWM) Bedok Reservoir - Boy(6 months) 25 aug 2006
Mom2nat(SAHM) Pasir Ris - Girl (20 months) 5 June04

Hi Odie,
Go for it Odie! I'm sure you dad will be proud you one of these days. Thanks for sharing your thought.. Maybe you are right, I shouldn't be so negative abt it.
Hmmm... Recipe for babies? Would love to share with everyone.. I've got a few cookbook on this. I used to make alot of veg stock for my kids. Boil a big pot and freeze it in ice cube tray. So when I want to make porridge/mee sua/noodles, I just take out the amt that I need. It's very tasty, have you try it before?
Veg Stock
Ingredients: onion, carrot, celery, tomato, cabbage, spinach etc. ( you can mix any veg you want, don have to follow the list)

What have you cook for your boy before or what kind of food would you like to cook? Then maybe I can help...

mime_msexcel.gif

Copy of List-373471.xls (18.4 k)</td></tr></table></center>.
Hi Ladies,
I've updated most of you your info... If you would like me to do it for you let me know. Or if you prefer me to do it the old way just let me know too.

Hi all,
Wow! one weekend and I am totally lost in this thread!
I stay just next to ocean park, the terrace houses there?
My gal DOB 13th Jul 2005

To all sharing IL stories,
Yes, I will still have to stay with my ILs even if I get a new place. That's why I so half hearted about buying a new place..So for those who are staying on your own and need on;ly visit once a week, YOU ARE A LUCKY LOT!
Jilian,
If you are interested in a sleepbag, my experience, skip the grobags.They are really too thick, even for the summer models. I am currently using the kiddy palace ones with the 2 zips in front while waiting for the new bags that I bought online to come in.I find that the kiddy palace ones are thin and easy to wash and dry but the front zips tend to ride up and I am scared one day it would nick my gal's face. The new ones that I am getting have side zips and the zip head is found at the end of the bag, not like the kiddy palace one that is a zip up mode. Anyway, start baby in sleep bag only when they are about 3 months. Before that swaddle them. THey feel more secure
happy.gif

How your preg getting on?
sj ong,
I puree vegetables and stuff for my gal.Any new ideas to add? At the moment, I do sweet potatoe, carrot and pumpkin.She dun like potatoe and as for all vegetables, she got her moods....
Do you think that other than puree foods, I can also do soups and give to her?
Oh, I notice your children both share the same B'day ah?

RE: Fish &amp; Chips
I just try it yesterday at East Coast Park! Delicious! I think I ate that too somewhere at a restaurant in Katong, so I wonder whether thay are the same company.
happy.gif

Hi sj_ong,
Your recipe looks good but maybe too early for my gal to try. Do you have any recipe to share for a 6 mth old baby?

hi jas,
sorry for late reply, no pc at my own place.. you need to save the file to your pc then re-attach it when posting the message..
374235.jpg

hi oreos,
dun be too upset over your current situation, understand how frustrating and confused you feeling.. cheer up
374236.gif

hi sj, my boy dob is 29 Aug 2005...
happy.gif

i just started my boy on rice cereal.. do i give a few spoons and finish my normal milk feed or just whole feeding using cereal?

HI mommies,
I dun think i can catch up anymore.. hahaha..

Orea,
I am interested to get my next child a grobag. So not recommended. hmmm

How much is the one u got from kiddy palace?

attachment_icon.gif

Mom_in_east.xls (22.5 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Hi Mommies,
This thread is flowing quite fast!

Oreos
Thanks for the advice. Yes I saw the grobag kind from Mothercare so thick, won't get that. Then also saw the Kiddy Palace one, but haven't bought them yet. Luckily since I also have the same concern as you regarding the top zip. I know the terrace houses next to Ocean Park. I sometimes walk to Siglap and will past the houses there. Maybe next time go say hello.
happy.gif

vone
That's my main concern also - problematic maids and terrible service from the agency once you get the maid.

cat_tail
Not say organize, but scared to leave it to last minute. Right now sometimes I already feel so anxious. And I'm only in my 31st week. I think as it draws closer I'm gonna be a basket case! IL stay in Bukit Timah, but hubby says he can send in the mornings since his work is quite often in the west, so is his office.

sj_ong, ur recipe looks veri nice. pity tt my boy is 2 young 2 njoy it.
happy.gif

oreos, can u advise which website did u order ur sleeping bags fr?? was actually tinking abt buying grobags, bt after ur experience, nw tinking twice liao.

jilian, dun worry lah. once u get a gd maid agency, then everything will b okie.

mgteo
When you usually go visiting your mum? On weekdays? I only around in Pine Close on weekends.

phoebe
You also staying in Bedok Resevoir? We have quite a few mummies staying around there too.

mom2nat
Hi, we meet again. How's things?

sj_ong
Please help to update for mine. FTWM and my boy DOB is 12th Jan 2004. Thanks.

oreos
Oh I see, now I understand why you so half-hearted. Over the weekends, my bad is not so good, got a black face, esp when SIL is visiting. I just cannot stand the sight of her. Every time she's here, I will get very irritated.

cat_tail
Wow think I must go and try the fish n chips this weekend too.. thinking of it makes me hungry...

carrie
Thanks, I had got sj_ong to update for me.

Jilian,
DUn worry too much lah, u just relax &amp; wait for yor baby to be out soon. Anyway, still got 3 mths ML to think abt it.
happy.gif

oreos,
I could feel your frustration... it's so hard to balance your life.. I guess I am one of the lucky lot tat dun have to stay together with ILs. Nowadays, hubby keep asking me whether we shall sell our house &amp; stay with them cos they have bigger house. I told him "CAN! After I mati lor.." Heehee... he really buay tahan me.
biggrin.gif

vone
However, nowadays it's so difficult to get a good maid agency, even those famous one like 'Nation' etc also got people complain about their maid and service leh.

vone
However, nowadays it's so difficult to get a good maid agency, even those famous one like 'Nation' etc also got people complain about their maid and service leh.

cat_tail
Well said.. think I will also give the same kind of reply. However for my case, I told hubby if continue to stay with ILs for long, I will mati first before them coz he always like to tell me, they are so old already, how long more can they live.

cat_tail, u r veri funny leh. no wonder ur hb buay tahan u. hehe...

jastan, true aso. if u wan, i can recommend my agency 2 u. it's a small agency bt i m quite happi wif their svc so far. as they r located at roxy shopping centre, tink it'll b convenient 4 u. ya, my hb aso tell me tt whenever i complain abt my ILs 2 him. bt i still wan 2 complain. at least can get it off my chest.
happy.gif

Thank you, thank you.. JasTan &amp; vone..haha..
Silly question must give silly answer mah!
lame.gif

vone,
Got yor new maid already?

Back