2005 East Mommies

jilian
Do get a breast pump coz you will definately need it like the rest of the gals here mention. Morever after your ML, will neeed one to express during work too. For me, I used it in the hospital and back home to express when I kena sore nipples and latching on is painful.

Twinsmummy,
Just curious, was your a natural conception when you got your two boi boi? Got picture or not?
Jilian,
MUST get breast pump.I always tell my friends that my best friend now is my PIS !! Ha!If PIS break down, I also break down
happy.gif

Jas,
I agree with you that its so hard to stay at home with IL there at your face ALL the time. I took only 2 months of ML and went back to work instead of taking 3 months straight coz I can't tahan at home anymore. Are you looking into getting your own place?
Hong,
once I get my sleep bags will let you know whether it is good
happy.gif

jastan, I was also thinking of giving up but had a talk with my hubby now feels better. Think you should also try to talk to your hb like what vone said me also feels that we shouldn't like this external factor affect our marriage.

Hi Mommies,

Thanks for your advise in getting the pump and bottles. I will take your advise. I didn't go think too much about the engorgement part. Totally forgot about that possibility. Yup will go get pump and bottles soon.
happy.gif

jilian, need not buy bottles, just get it from the hospital when u give birth but u have to buy the cap lah coz those cap from hospital will get rusty.

Hi Phoebe,

I a bit kiasu, last week when I went for gynae checkup I actually went up to the nursery to ask for bottles. I was surprised though cos the bottles very small. 90ml only? You mean it's big enough to hold the expressed milk? We only express so little at one time ah? They gave me a few bottles then I took them back to get rid of the paper sticker and the glue.

Then the bottle mouth quite small so we cannot pump directly into the bottles huh? Means we have to pump into advent bottles (if getting advent pump) then transfer to the glass bottle. Then when baby need to drink, we thaw then transfer back to feeding bottle. Is that right?

thanks for the CL advice ladies
i also don want MIL to take care(agree with Odie MIL/mother = foc + frustration!). My mummy not free, and she's also not good at taking care of newborn. So left with CL or maid.

Day time CL cost how much? where to find? agency also provide?

Luckily Hubby is very supportive. he's the one that did not see value in hiring CL as cost a lot and may bring more problems to the household. So he offered to help by taking half day everyday...do you think it will work?

Cat-tail, can i have the contact for massage? what are the benefits of the massage and how many sessions to book?

Jilian, there are few types of glass bottle. it has to depend on which sponsors during the time u give birth. those i get can hold up to 140ml..
i need more that 1 bottle for each expressing session.. just change when it's full loh
dats y u have to get as many as you can get hold of.. i have ard 20 bottles.. hehehe

the bottle can fit nicely into medela pump which i'm using. if you're using avent, den u'll need to transfer over to the glass bottle
dun foreeze all your milk. can leave at the lower compartment which can keep up to 48 hours. just pour whatever amt needed into the feeding bottle and keep the balance back to the fridge.
for those frozen milk which has been thawed, u can keep the balance back to the fridge for up to another 24 hours. but whatever mat that has been warmed up before kenot use back

Josephine,
If your hubby is committed to helping you, that's probably the best help you can get. Just wondering, who's gonna cook confinement food for you and do laundry and clean the house? If your hubby don't mind cleaning house and laundry and help change and clean baby, then no problem. will work.

Maybe you want to try this link:
http://www.momsinmind.com.sg/confinement.html

Jilian
he said he'll do household chores and look after bb (change/bathe/put him to sleep). i only need to breastfeed and eat... but we have to cater for confinement food lor...
thanks for the MIM link!

jilian, i only used storage bag for frozen milk. if you intend the chilled your milk using storage bag, dat will be very high cost coz it's not reuseable.

Jas... my MIL cooks cod fish often at home and she eats it so she knows it is soft. She just didn't want to take any suggestions that I give so was giving a stupid excuse.

Hi Jilian... unfortunately not everyone can produce milk like cows... muwahahahah :p Yup sometimes for some pple it can be less than 90 ml for one reason or another. Anyway just get some basic ready on hand. Don't worry too much about having too many bottles lying around. I could barely produce enough and never had the chance to freeze milk. In any event you are likely to receive many brandless bottles as gifts or hampers. You can use those too.

twinsmummy, wah... ur fil is d ultimate leh. luckily ur hb & maid r 'automatic'.

jas, dun tink so much k, take care.
happy.gif

josephine, ur hb is ver nice leh. if he's willing 2 help out, then u can cater 4 confinemt food & turn a blind eye if ur hb doesn't do d hsewk 2 ur expectations.
kao_sticktongue.gif

odie, old folks can b veri stubborn @ times. mayb u can tell her tt it's gd 4 bb 2 eat once in a while. hopefully she can get d 'hint'.

Wow,
I am choked by so many posts today..haha..

Re: Massage Lady
Hi Mummies,
Not convienent to reveal her details here so pls PM me & I will mail u her contacts. She's a 50+ Chinese but she looks very young! Thumbs up for her massage cos I can see my tummy flattened after a session. Plus she uses swedish oil & cream to massage, so u will smell nice nice whole day.
happy.gif

Btw, she dun give package cos she sees how is your progress. For me, I have around 5 sessions with her & I pay her every time I complete the massage.

Oreos
Ha ha... i know someone sure pop this question. Mine conceived naturally. Hb has twins in his family tree
happy.gif

Jilian
I was also using the Medala PIS and i sweared by it. It followed me everywhere.
Do you intend to buy the steam steriliser? It is another very useful item. Very convenient.

Vone
Yah, my FIL likes to ask my hb questions such as what time they sleep? what milk are they drinking? How much are they drinking? Ohh.. starrted solid? What food you give?
I find it very irritating.
The thing i hated most is he likes to compare my boys. My elder boy is faster than his brother in terms of certain motor skill developments. My FIL will comment " Oh.. Evans, you know how to sit already hah? Kor kor knows it long time ago" Urghhhhh....

twinsmummy, really pei fu u leh. is it very hard to take care of twins?
before i had my boy, i told my hubby if we strike twins then i can close factory. now after experience the real trauma of taking care a nb and midnight feeding, i told hm 'heng ar' we didn't get twins.. hehe

To those who are interested in my massage lady. Pls send email to [email protected]
happy.gif

Re: BB food
Hi mummies,
I have a lot of prunes in my fridge, so can I check with u all whether I can just feed my 6 mth gal directly or still need to cook it?

JasTan
no choice leh. my MS low so i wake up to pump, hoping can increase my MS. been doing that since my 2nd week....very tiring...just see how long i can tahan...

twinsmummy,
i m also a twin myself! first pair in the family. lucky i dun have twins or sure faint. my parents always tell us how hard it is to care for us. are your boys full term? me and my sis premature and only 1.5kg at birth!

Jillian
you sure your hb can handle all these things? my bb was very colicky in the first month and kept crying. my hb hear already cannot tahan. sometimes even ask me to do household stuff. so must make sure your hb will really do the housework n u can rest

Oreos,
I wait for u comments.

cat,
fresh prunes?

Twinsmummy, i guess ur FIL got nothing much to ask but the only common topic is ard the twins.
My MIL can also ask me the same qns every week. I give her the standard answer, unless i have more to add.

SY,
Ur 1st child? May be hubby not used to it yet. Some guys are not very ready to be a father. They thot they are but once they see and tend the baby they have doubts. My hubby is like that, when he hit difficult he feel lousy. U know guy like to take control of the situation but taking care of baby is another thing.

May be get his to incharge of lighter hsechores like washing and hanging the clothes then slowly increase to more duties.

Phoebe,
wat bottle are u talking abt? I am interested!

SY,
Hehe. Not me, Josephine lah. I'm getting my auntie and father to come, cos my mom is a teacher back in Msia so she can't just take leave. Also I currently have a once a week cleaner. So I think can manage. Also I'm catering confinement food. So I think in that respect, I have enough help. Also got IL say they will pop by.
happy.gif

oreos
So for your 3rd month ML, you take clearing it on and off for the next few weeks? Yeap, am thinking of looking out a place but there are some matters to be settle first. All those HDB T&C are so restricting.

mgteo
Thanks, I will try to talk to hubby. However I find I can't really communicate with him nowadays. for such matters, I will drop him an email instead.

phoebie
You have twins in your family tree?

cat_tail
You mean those bottled pureen prune? I just feed my boy direct from bottle, of course leave it outside the fridge for a while first.

sy
my supply was not hight back then, but I cannot tahan the lack of sleep, so I give the night pump a miss.

Twinsmummy and SY,
Hee !!! And I had to be the one eh
happy.gif
Me always find twins so cute! And to see that they develop together and grow up as part of each other I think is the most beautiful thing. I am sure SY will agree with me
happy.gif

SY,
Hows your supply now ? Actually I realise that with a period lapse of 6h, the MS got not much difference if you pump 2x within the same 6h. If you really tired, you should rest. I skip the night pump also after the 2nd month. Can't tahan already. 1am, 3am, and then 5am....
Now I pump 5x a day and enough to last the day. At times use frozen stock to back up if I fall back on MS. How long do you intend to BF?
Jastan,
I took the last month in blocks of 2 weeks during my gals' 4th and 5th month.You need to clear the 3rd motnh before the child turns 6 months of age. Now she is 7+ months loh. Good for you that you can moving out. You getting a resale? Nowadays, resale aslso not cheap leh.

hong, it's those glass bottle from the hospital to keep ebm...
happy.gif

jas, i got a pair of twin brother but not identical loh. if i strike with twins, i'll sure faint immediately after hearing the news. cant' imagine havig to bf 2 babies. now already feel like giving up on bfding.. just holding on by telling myself to give the best to daryll..
happy.gif

hong & JasTan,
It's the fresh prune fruits not bottled ones. Can I just feed my baby without cooking it?

so lucky to hv twins!! the first thing i asked my gynea was whether if i m having twins!! i know it will b difficult to look after but i guess i can 'outsource' to my IL or my mom.. hahah.. it was tough coping with my first born but i always wanted 3 kids!! i don't really enjoy going thru the pregant stage.. i get bad morning sickness n now i m confined 2 bed rest! hiya.. dunno if i ever dare to hv the 3rd kid!!

cat,
sour or not? may be puree the prune and feed ur girl.

Phoebe,
Orhhh.. ok ok. i think i ask the nurse when i deliver my boi.

hong, where are you going to give birth? dun have to ask the nurse, just go to the nursery and tell them dat u need glass bottles to store your ebm.

ethel, the first time i went to confirm my pregnancy i think i got the 'am i expecting twins??' look coz gynea told me straingt... see only one hor, no twins. haha

oreos
Oh i see, so the 3rd month ML is pretty flexible. Too bad I don't get to enjoy such benefits... I am planning to move out, most probably looking for resales coz new flat must wait few years. Agree that resales is not cheap esp those around my mum's place. However, till now hubby not doing anything leh, before I can look for flat, his name need to be taken out from the current flat first. I very sian already...

phoebe
Twins not easy to look after esp during their 1st few years. Anyway, you just do your best in BF, don't get too stressed up. I don't think I will have any opportunities of getting twins coz both hubby and my families got not history, so I quite safe.

ethel
I opposite of you, I enjoy my pregnancy so much but the look after is siong. You take a good rest.

cat_tail
You mean those fresh type with yellow flesh prune fruit or those one packet black prune ah? For both, as hong suggest, maybe better to puree it.

SY... not enough rest can also affect the supply. A lactation consultant once told me that if possible to skip pumping at night... and rest instead.

Twins... I am not too keen. My first pregnancy was a pair of identical twins but ended in miscarriage. There's always alot of complications if you are not lucky. My family has history of twins. One pair was fine... the other pair not so lucky. One died at birth and the other one is blind. I'm happy to have just a healthy singleton
happy.gif

Hi Ladies,
How's everyone doing? Haiz.. Both my kids has been sick and I didn't go to work for the past 2 days. Seems like I shouldn't be working, those weeks that I'm working, my kids will take turn to fall sick. Btw, what kind of recipes are you ladies interested in? Then I can look for it...

Oleander,
Your girl is 9 mtns liao, so it shouldn't be a problem feeding the oats. If you think it's a little rough, maybe you can add more milk/water and keep stirring it.

Cat_tail,
I used rolled oats... Maybe you like to try cooking the oats porridge with the prunes. Either you can chop it til very fine or blend it(depends how well your girl can chew). But I remembered your girl is only 6 mths old, maybe you should puree it. Did she just started on solids?

<font color="ff6000">Steamed Beancurd Cup</font>
Ingredients:
~1/4 square piece of beancurd(depends on how much your baby can eat)
~ 1 eggyolk, beaten with some water
~ 1 ch sp carrot(grated) &amp; tomato(chopped finely)
~ a few spinach leaves, blanched and chopped finely

Method,
Mash the beancurd with fork, add beancud and veg to beaten egg. Place in cup/bowl and steam for abt 20mins(low heat). Make sure this is cook before serving to your baby. Turn it out and serve with rice(make sure the rice are very soft).

<font color="ff6000">Egg yolk Custard</font> \(Very easy to do)
Ingredients:
~ 1 egg yolk
~ 60ml of formula/breast/fresh milk
~ a little water
Method:
~ Beat yolk with water and milk. Place in cup/bowl and steam over low heat til cooked. You can serve this with veg or anything as part of a meal.

Josepine_Tan,
If you getting a CL, do remember to check what are her duties. Clarify before you confirm her. Like whether they do any hsework, do they do it daily, cooking in what style(cantonese or hokkien or what) etc... From my experience, do not let them go out, ask her to tel you what you need and ask any one to buy the items. Hope it helps..

SJ... thanks for the yummy recipes! I was still scratching my head what to make for this weekend. Actually I did try adding the beancurd to egg and steam before... just an experiment. Didn't know that such a dish actually exist. I will add in the veg next time =)

hong, JasTan &amp; sj_ong,
It's the fresh prune fruits. Hmm... cannot be lazy liao, I think I better puree my prunes.

sj_ong,
I started my gal with puree &amp; cereals when she's 4.5 mths old. But so far not many varieties.
lame.gif

Wow.. great &amp; easy recipe! Same question..haha.. can 6 mth baby take it?

hi phoebe,
haha..ok, thanks.. i thought is some kind of slimming cream..
375966.gif

unable to have pre-pregnancy tummy.. desparate to get back in shape.. any recommendation from any mummies? thanks..

carrie.. you're welcome. u just gave birth?
got go for post natal massage? heard dat it helps but i didn't try..

josephine, it's true as wat sj ong says. dun let the cl do her own shopping coz she'll happily buy and ended up a lot are unnecesary stuff..

oreos,
my MS not enough for the whole day's feed. so it's half BM and half FM. i pump abt 7-8 times a day depending on whether i can wake up at night...

odie,
if skip pumping at night, breasts feel uncomfortable leh... hee, even though my MS little but breast feel full and a bit painful...

think i will cut down to pump once at night just to feel more comfy.

sj ong,
u have a lot of bb recipes? hee, your kid must be realyl happy that u think of so many different dishes for them to eat!

josephine,
my hb went with cl to buy the things to eat. at least get someone to go with her if u need her to buy.

Carrie,
I got a slimming gel to recommend.
Try www.goshz.com and ask for free sample.
My mum and i used it and the effect is quite gd.

Cat,
Yah child still young better to puree the fruit and feed her.

pheobe,
Me due in July...
U expecting to have twins? frankly i dun think i have the $$ and energy to look after twins. Singleton is enough for me. However, my frds keeps asking me if i havent twins. So weird right, do i have the face that tell that i can bear twins?

hong,
Yor tummy is big izzit?? Tat's y they tot u r having twins!

sj_ong,
How abt u be our "Fang Tai"? Then every week give us some recipes to try.
happy.gif

Odie
Sorry to hear about your history
sad.gif

Identical Twins usually have more complications than fraternal. Mine is identical.

Oreos
hehe.. many pple ask this question when i first got preggie. Even my own GP ask me that. I am ok with it.
happy.gif

Having twins is double the joy, double the trouble.

SY
My bbs are VERY premature... Ready for this.. they are 25 weekers.
They weight 600g and 750g when born.They stayed in kkh for 3 and a half mths.
We are thankful that everything turned out well.

Phoebe/ Ethel
Taking care of twins very siong. Especially now,cos they are demanding lots of attention. On the other hand, they are very fun to play with. They started to snatch toy from each other. Sometimes, they will hold hands or touch each other legs. But so far, we have not heard them "talking" to each other.

Hong
You are right lor. My hubby also give the same standard answer every week.

This thread very crowded.. i am getting confused who is preggie, who has how many children etc.

twinsmummy,
your bb are very early! any reason for them being so early? it must have been really tough during that period.

do your twin boys fight? me and my sis play well together. probably girls are different.

hong.. i'm not pregnant.. hehe
my boy alraedy coming to 6 months soon.. dare not think about having another baby yet.

twinsmummy, it's true loh when you see them fighting each other one moment and the next hugging
happy.gif

SY Chua
They had complications while in my tummy. Also, i have short cervical length. Hence, resulted in contractions and then delivery.
The boys are developing well now. We are blessed.

sj
Your receipes look yummy.... and easy to make. I am going to write them down.
happy.gif

TwinsMummy,
Feel like giving u a hug cos I could understand how difficult it is when your twins are in the ICU. Thank god, everything goes well for them.

hi phoebe,
i gave birth last year june.. i did go for post-natal massage.. the massage was ok but the auntie's DIL also gave birth during that period, so she delayed mine till 3rd week, she came on alternate days and i only had 5 sessions.. still feel that tummy is flabby lor..
sad.gif

hi hong,
thanks, will check it out..
happy.gif

cat tail

Your Nick very familiar. i think we probably met in other thread before.
Yes, the experience at NICU was like a roller coaster. You read about little Jadon?

Back