2005 East Mommies

vone
How to stand if cannot complain? I will die ah cos I'm those big mouth type cannot keep inside me, so everything also will complain back to hubby. Luckily he very patient man. Easier to complain to him rather than complain to my parents, since they also not in Sg, then gotta pay hefty phone bill. Keke...

JasTan,
I teach u how to reply to yor hubby
"Are u trying to test who can live longer izzit?"
Heehee... I am soooo evil.
biggrin.gif

Hi jas i'm mostly at pine close during weekdays and sats. which blk? Mine at blk 10.

I also stay with ILs. Me also said the same thing to my hb. Staying with ILs so sianz.... Now MIL no more working lagi sian... everyday face her. With her around no peace cos she don't know how to speak softly and then do things not gentle must bang here bang there, so noisy. Cannot take it!

Hi hi phoebe, i used to stay with my parents at blk 10. Had been staying there for 20 over years oredi. So do you still go to pine close?

hi mgteo, now i seldom go there coz very troublesome to bring bb along but my sisters are still staying there..
happy.gif
i like dat area very much coz very convenient, just walk across and will be able to find lots of good food.. yummy..
happy.gif

cat_tail
That's a good one... hee hee..

phoebe
I have never stayed in Bedok Resevoir before but I have friends and relatives there. However, the resevoir is big but not much recreation facilities and shelter there.

Blk 9 is quite a good location too. the current place is your lovenest?

mgteo
I am at Blk 7 over the weekends. Same leh, my MIL also same as yours, talk loudly and do things not soft type, esp hanging out the clothes. Worst is that usually use wok to cook and always like to fried/deep fried, esp weekends, can't tahan all the oil and grease in the kitchen. You SAHM? I can't imagine me not working and got to face ILs every moment, oh reminds me of my confinement time.. super sian and depressed... Any plans to stay apart from them?

jas, my place is far away from bedok reservoir.. it's nearer to eunos link..
i'm now staying with il.. sianz
wish to move out but currently not stable enuf t do so loh but my mil so far still quite alright.. or should i say i've got immuned liao?? hehehe

Phoebe,
My bbsitter is at Blk 9! U noe the auntie Ah Lian at #12?

Jastan,
U welcome! Anytime can ask me how to answer your hubby since I got full of ideas..hyiak hyiak..
happy.gif

cat_tail, wat a coincidence.. i stayed at 6th floor. dunno your bbsitter leh.. is she very famous?
btw hor, i'm looking for bb sitter also leh. any recommendation?

cat_tail, she's coming in tis wk. she was supposed 2 come in last wk, bt thr was some prob wif her passport. yipee... can't wait 2 get rid of my existing 1. hehe...

jilian, precisely, if i dun complain, then i'll explode 1 of these days. hehe... oh, whr's ur parents?? hw come nt in sg??

phoebe, c u here again.
happy.gif
u hvn't visit our thread 4 a while liao hor. btw, i staying at blk 101. u??

mgteo, i aso hv d same prob wif my mil. so tink i'll go crazy if i stay wif her.

hi vone, u remembered me?? hehe
374526.gif

posting going very fast and i got a hard time following leh.. will try to go in..
happy.gif

u staying at bedok reservoir also? mine is near jln eunos leh.. blk 635
hey, your boy b'day is very near to mine leh.. only 4 days apart

*pant* *pant*... so many posts to catch up. Busy day today!

Jas... I guess so. I am quite possessive about my kitchen :p Very particular so I think I might die to see my kitchen messed up.

SJ... thanks for the tip. Looks yummy. But I seldom cook I don't know how long it will take me to finish those soup. These are the stuff that I have fed my boy:

- potato
- carrot
- steamed egg (egg yolk only)
- tofu
- mee sua
- macaroni
- bread
- soft cheese spread on bread
- cod fish
- threadfin
- chicken
- spinach
- cauliflower
- papaya
- banana
- apple
- mango
- grape

My MIL feed porridge during weekdays most of the time so I try to do other stuff besides porridge.

Normally I make soup base with chicken or pork rib.

So far his feeding time for solid food is not fixed. It pretty much depends on what time he had his milk. Is it true that milk is still the most impt or should I try and regularise it?

Actually I personally wanted to fix it and then for the milk quantity to be flexible. Sigh... but I forsee another set of problem emerging if I tell my MIL this. She is probably going to ignore me. I have been pretty upset that she keeps feeding the same stuff to the baby day in day out until my boy rejected the porridge at one time. Told her not to overblend the food until it is watery (really like can drink from the bottle) but to have a bit of texture... she simply refuse to listen and claims that the boy cannot digest blah blah blah. I know there was once after she cooked the porridge in the slow cooker for hours she can still pour into the blender to blend. Most of the time I cannot even see the rice. It is just gruel.

During weekends I try to make the food as interesting as possible. I don't want my boy to feel bored and start rejecting solid completely. My MIL is always cooking threadfin porridge... if not then she either add in some carrot or spinach and that's about it.

Do you know how to prepare green peas and sweetcorn. I want to try but not sure how to cook it to make it soft.

phoebe, of coz. i gt quite a gd memory. ya lor. such a concidence. oh u staying @ jalan tenaga thr is it?? gosh... we might hv met each other w/o noeing.
happy.gif

odie, ya, tt's d prob if mil is looking after our boys. mayb u can get hb 2 talk 2 her then??

Dear Sj ong
please update my details? I'm a FTWM, and expecting a baby boy in June2006.

can i ask all of you mummies whether you used confinement lady? if so, was it worth it? if not, would you recommend for a MTB to engage one?

i'm thinking of looking after bb myself. And hubby can also take time off everyday half day to help out...

vone, mine is quite near to jln tenaga.. maybe we can arrange to meet up la-kopi.. hehehe

odie, sometimes older generation are like dat.. always think that they are right. it's really frustrating but wat to do?? i just learn to turn a deaf ear to whatever advise that i think is not dat good loh.

Hi Oreos,
If you are using blender to pureed the food,you can used a little meat(chix/pork) to make it more tasty. Add tofu if you wish, it's soft and silky. I know sometimes the food may not look tasty, but you may be surprised that some babies like it and it's full of nutrient. Like what I said earlier, you can make veg stock or chix stock( same recipe as veg stock except that you can add chix in it) to boil porridge. You can of coz make soup as well. I used to feed my boy soup when I boil it for my family.
Yup! My kids share the same birthdate. My boy was supposed to come out a few days later, but he decided to join his sister. My gynae actually ask me whether I want to induce on that day, but after discussing with my hubby, we think it's better for him to decide.

Phoebe,
You can let him have a few spoonful, then finish his milk. If he enjoys it, you can slowly increase it for the next few days. Eventually it will become one solid meal, at this time you can decrease his milk feed.

Odie,
That's quite a wide selection you have for your boy!

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
attachment_icon.gif
Updated List
Mom_in_east-374253.unk (21.5 k)</td></tr></table></center>

sj ong, thanks for the advise.. when i'm replacing his feeding with one solid meal, do i use the usual intake amt to mix with the cereal? haih.. so many things to learn as babies grow.

Cat_tail,Phoebe,Odie, or any Mommies that is interested,
<u>Guideline for 6-8 mths old Sample</u>,
<font color="0000ff">6-7am</font>, Milk
<font color="0000ff">8-9am</font>, Breakfast &amp; juice
<font color="0000ff">11-noon</font>, Lunch &amp; Milk
<font color="0000ff">3-4pm</font>, Milk
<font color="0000ff">6-7pm</font>, Dinner &amp; Fruit
<font color="0000ff">9-10pm</font>, Milk

This is just a giudeline, you can adjust it according to your baby. I also give them finger food during tea-time.

Recipes for 6mths onwards,
<font color="ff6000">Oat &amp; Fruit Porridge</font>
~1 or 2 chinese spoon(ch sp) rolled oat,
~1/2 cup milk(formula/breast)
~some chopped dried fruits(I used mixed dried fruit) or chopped/mashed fruit(fruit that your baby will like)
Methods:
~Cook oats in water till thick but not too dry(consistent stirring). Add fruit and milk and cook for another minute. If you are using fruit that is hard, you may want to add it earlier.

<font color="ff6000">Minced Chix &amp; Sweetcorn Oatmeal Porridge</font>
~1 or 2 ch sp of rolled oats
~1 ch sp of frozen corn(that what I used,puree with a little water)
~1 ch sp of minced chix(or less, use chix breast)
~30ml milk(formula/breast, sometimes I used fresh milk)
~a few cooked peas
Methods:
~ cook oats in water
~ Heat the pureed corn in small pan with milk for a short while then add chix, keep stirring. If too watery, you may decrease the milk.
~ Pour sauce over porridge and add the sieved peas

<font color="ff6000">Liver &amp; Carrot Congee</font>
~1 or 2 ch sp rice
~ small pcs of chix liver( sometimes I used pig liver)
~1 ch sp diced carrot
~ Veg Stock
Methods:
Cook all in veg stock. Simmered. Removed liver and puree/sieve it. Return to congee.

These are some of it that I cooked for my kids when they were at your babies age. You don have to follow exactly, can adjust to your baby's liking. Hope your babies will like it. When I have the time, will let you have more recipes. Coz this week I'm working. This week I'll be at Juying Primary in JURONG WEST! My gosh! It took me almost an hour to drive there(jammed at expressway)!

Hi Odie,
Forgot to tell you that you can try broccoli, caixin or other leafy veg. I also give them watermelon, pessimon etc... I let them try different food so that when they grow up, they will not be like me, a fussy eater... Hehehe...

Hi Phoebe,
It's not neccesary.. Don forget that your baby will be having 1 solid meal and that his milk intake may decrease. What I did was after my boy solid meal, I'll ask him whether he wants any milk. It's trial and error, I learned from it.

Hi phoebe, ya i agree i like the area also. I've balloted twice for the flat there. 1st time i didn't go for the selection cos queue number 100+. 2nd time unsuccessful. But luckily now stay at Geylang not very far away.

Hi jastan &amp; vone, i'm a SAHM also but going back to work soon. Your MIL also like that one ah?? So sian rite...? Sometimes i feel like i'm in depression. Everything she does just irritates me and make me angry. My FIL also another one, everyday must bring my daughter out if not she'll cry and cry. He so happy when he sees my girl slamming the dvd player. He will laugh and say "ta ta ta" (in mandarin) of course my girl hit harder happily lah. What a good teaching!! Recently i don't know how i bring out my guts and tell them off if i'm unhappy or if not i'll definitely show face to them. Sometimes when i'm unhappy with my ILs i'll also show face to my hb and it affects our relationship but few days ago my hb and i blowed up and we talked everything out. So we decided to move out once my job is stable. Think if i stay here any longer i'll go berserk!

Sigh... why must we have ILs problems??? Sometimes i tell myself to close one eye but cannot leh... My MIL will do stupid things like: cabbage kept for 3 weeks still give my girl to eat. She thought its still fresh. Omigod!! Applying baby oil as nappy rash cream. Can u all imagine? She's also a TV addictor. She can watch her drama serial from morning til midnite. Jia lak rite... how to look after my girl...

This thread is making me breatheless...
happy.gif

SJ
I seem to have problem viewing the spreadsheet, i clicked on it and i see numbers all over it. Pls hlep to update my Boys' DOB is 31 Jan 2005. Thanks!

Mom2Nat
Which part of Pasir Ris are you at?

hi josephine,
i myself did not get any confinement lady, heard much negative feedback from my friends and relatives, also do not like to have a stranger staying with us.. the agency are out to make $$ too, i called to inquire and commented that the prices are pretty high, the peron-in-charge can tell me that govt give us baby bonus, so not that expensive after all..
374719.gif

besides the salary, you still need to pay for their levy, food and ang bao.. you sure you can handle alone? things are not as easy as you think, cos you will be deprived of sleep and gets tired easily..

vone
My parents are in Malaysia. My hometown is Penang. I've been here since coming to study in JC. So sometimes when have IL or husband frustrations, cannot run back home to own parents place to complain.

Josephine,
Maybe you can try those day-time only confinement lady? Then at night you can take care of baby on your own? I'm a MTB with no experience with confinement lady but I did hear for first-timer like us, it's exhausting what with learning to breastfeed and all that. So if day-time have help you don't have to worry about food and keeping your house clean. Another option if you don't want confinement lady at all is to consider catering confinement food?

Pant pant pant...
Can't catch up already !!!!
Gonna "group" the discussions. coz running off in 5 min!
Sleep bag issue:
The kiddy palace one is ok like I mentioned before. I am waiting for my shipment from states. Got it from this website www.babyinabag.com. Go take a look. It also answers some questions about concerns using a sleepbag. To me, I feel that sleepbag is a safety issue coz once I heard my gal cvry and I can't find her. Realised she got under the blanket and dunno how to come out. Happened when sleeping at night. I do not think it is really too warm coz it is still sleeveless mah. SO can still let air circulate.
Aiyah!
Got to run!!!
Come back to you all later!

odie
You sure had given your bb lots of different kinds of food which is good. As my boy gets older, he is more selective about the kind of food he eats. He don't like potato except fries, as for tofu he only takes selective type. As for fruits, his favourite are grapes and banana (only one specific type).

Porriage too watery not nice already. Normally I cook using slow cooker and just feed direct, never blend. Maybe you tell MIL to try to use other fish instead, everytime threadfin also sian...

josephine_tan
I never engage confinement lady. My MIL did the laundry and cooking for me, I look after bb. My mum will comes every afternoon to bath my boy back then. Actually I kind of regret not engaging confinement lady, initially when my MIL said that she can do for me, I thought she will bao ga liao and to my surprise it is not what I had expected and my confinement was the worst period in my life I had gone through. Of course, there are also stories on engaging confinement lady, so it will be good to be able to got a good one. If you intent to do yourself, better to have a helper. I was so stressed and broke down several times then, having to look after bb myself and trying to BF and having little rest.

mgteo
We in same boat.. and the boat kept rocking... sian.. Same as you, I show face if I am unhappy, and I agree it's does affect my relationship with hubby too. Every weekends when back, was telling myself to be calm and maintain good mood, but most of the time, my face is black. It can ended up not talking to hubby at all. I am so sian, I know our marriage is under stress but I am so tired at the same time trying hard to surpress my unhappiness. If this continues on, I think it will only be a matter of time I throw in a towel and call the whole thing off. Before marriage I thought staying with ILs should not be too much of a problem, but with my boy coming along, more problems surface.

wow feel so waay back since i logged in last time!

sj - for the oatmeal porridge, will it be smooth after cooking. i want to cook that for my girl, but i remember sometimes the oatmeal is quite "rough"..

trying to give my girl a wide variety of food too. sometimes also headache what to cook for her.

Hi! me back
happy.gif

Hmmm.... Jas_tan and mgteo,
It is tough to stay with ILs. WHen I had my confinement, my SIL also give birth. My confinement lady was suppose to be my MIL. In the end, she was a 'psuedo' case. Cook for me one pot to last all day and then disappear to SIL place. I think the reason why we have so many problems with ILs is be'coz we are so afraid to confront them, all we keep inside coz worried that hb be caught in between then when cannot tahan, all come out nasty. Me still have problems with my MIL. In fact, there are so many "layers" to our problems that at times I dun even wan to bother going there. I agree that before bb, problems easier coz can just walk out mah but now can't already and worse when we are FTWM, need to see their face to ensure that our bb when with them in the day dun get to see their attitude.... So tough rt ?

sj ong, thanks for sharing the tips..
happy.gif

now only i notice that your children are sharing the same birth date..
happy.gif

josephine, i did not get a confinement lady also but you have to get someone to help.. best if you can get your own mum to help. it's quite stressful if it's your first child... like me, i almost went to depression but luckily things turn out fine after 2months +.. imagine the stress i was in.... baby first month celebration i can fit into my old pants liao. so it's all up to you whether you can sope with the changes.

jas, kenot depend on mil hor.. mine also loh. in the beginning always want my son to sleep with her but only after a few times, she beh tahan already. when approaching 9+pm, she'll ask me to bring him back to the room... hhaha
i told my hubby if he want no.2 den he needs to engage a confinement lady..
happy.gif

jilian, i'm also like you. parents in ipoh... quarrel with hubby also got no where to turn to... sob sob

Way Say! Almost can't catch up the thread!

Phoebe,
I dun noe who is she. It was really last minute &amp; I am so desperate to try her since she was recommended by my relative..keke..

vone,
Gd gd.. so hopefully everything goes smoothly for this new maid.

Odie,
U fed so many stuff already! I am feeling a little bit guilty cos I din try a lot of varieties on my gal.
lame.gif

Josephine,
It's better to get some help during your confinement cos u really need the rest badly. I would suggest u engage a full-time CL or your own mum. Plsss....never, never get your MIL even though she throw herself for u! Wait ganna post natal depression. Jia lak~

sj_ong,
Thanks for yor recipe! I am currently feeding my gal 2 semi-solid meals per day so yors come in handy! I really scratch my head on wat to cook sometimes since I am not a gd cooker anyway... haha.. Btw, what kind of oat u get?

Btw Josephine,
I have a very gd masage lady who is using spa technique. She's very gd, and almost turn my whole room into spa! Plus she use those good smelling cream not those Malay oil. Luv it!
happy.gif

Oreos,
U getting the sleeping bag? can give some feedback when u try it out?? I wanted to get but dun know gd or not.

Jilian,
I was borned in Malaysia too. My hometown is perak but i came here when i was very young. i love the Penang food specially the penang laksa! I tried to cook but not yet up to my mum standard.

Jas,
Same lor. i also thot my MIL will Bao ga liao then end up she disappear in the mid of the day. U still have ur mum to come over. I have to bath my baby myself. This time i tell hubby, I want my mother to help me. However my mum told me she cant help me at nite, if she didnt sleep well she will have headache next day. I told her nvm, as long as she help me to jagar the NB when i need to pump my milk and nap.

mummies
never log in for 2 days and i blur already...

jillian,
i m ok with this maid cos can tell she is very good to my boy. even more patient than me at times! i was a bit scared abt him being too attached to maid but think some things cannot think too much. it may or may not happen so cannot worry too much.

sj_ong,
thanks for the recipe! i can strat collecting recipes..
happy.gif

Josephine,
if u dun engage confinement lady anyone helping u? just to share with u my experience. i had both my maid n confinement lady during the one month. i must say it was worth it cos my boy was very difficult during the first month. sometimes even me, my maid and CL not enough to handle him. he cries a lot, always colicky (esp from 8pm-10pm cry non stop) and wants to be carried. and he has preferences for who to carry him. at certain times, it will be me, at other times CL and at night, wants the father. so end up CL very busy and lucky maid help to cook. CL will teach her what to cook for me. i always say my boy try to make my money worthwhile.

and also, i m expressing my breastmilk cos my boy doesn't want to latch so at night when i wake up to pump, i dun need to feed him using bottle cos CL will do it. but now that she went back, i find it really tiring to have to feed him and still pump so thikning of giving up pumping. alternative i can get maid to wake up to feed.

Phoebe,
We can turn to one another and other mummies here. I always tell my hubby if I feel that I kena bullied 3 against 1 and I have nowhere to go, I will bring baby and move back home to Penang.
happy.gif
But lucky for me, we don't stay with his parents.

Hong,
I don't know how to cook Penang laksa, only know how to eat. My mom and auntie got teach me how to cook but I lazy.

cat_tail,
You are right about the MIL want to become CL is not a good idea. Unless of course you and MIL very close and like buddy like that. My MIL wanted to be my CL but she don't tell me, she tell my hubby. I so scared, so I begged my auntie to come to Sg to help me. But luckily MIL got asked later if I want CL so I told her no need cos my auntie coming. Heng ah! So MIL said ok, then she just come and go so I said ok loh.

hong, we came from the same state leh.. hehe

jilian, great! next time we can 'shou ku' together.. haha
how's your preparation going on? everythings ready to welcome your baby? boy or girl ar??

sy, you also here ar? hehe

Phoebe,
Boy. Not all ready yet. I think enough clothes but haven't washed yet. Still in cupboard. I haven't bothered to get any feeding bottles or sterilizer or breastpump yet cos figured I'm going to direct breastfeed and if I have those stuff at home I might just fall back on them if I feel demotivated. So best not to have them in the first place. So I'm forced to persevere. At most hubby can run to Parkway if need.
happy.gif

Also haven't gotten round to getting a new mattress for the cot. Cot is second hand from cousin. Any good recommendation for cot mattress? Heard foam might be too hot? Saw coconut husks ones at Kiddy Palace, but won't the husks disintegrate?

hi jilian,
need not get milk bottles yet if u are getting a sterilizer and breast pump (Avent brand) as they are included.. i didnt know and ended up with many milk bottles..
374885.png

Phoebe,
yup, i m staying in the east....

Jillian,
u not getting any sterilizer?

must wash the clothes when free esp now good weather...easy to dry..

Carrie,
Thanks for the tip.

SY,
Was thinking of getting. But now think again, figured just do the boiling method when need to use bottles will do. After all after using the sterilizer to sterilise more than one bottle but once sterilizer open no longer sterilized anyway. I am considering the sterlizer bags that can just pop in microwave with some water. I saw in the First Few Years website that they're selling and reuseable up to 20 times per bag.

Vone... my hubby did try. But still no use. In the end she also face black black at her own son.

SJ... thank you for taking the time and effort to write all that! I look forward to getting more recipe for everyone here. You have reminded me about the chicken liver. The PD also said can try that. Kept slipping my mind.

Josephine... I have heard some horrid stories about CL too. I took care of the baby on my own during confinement. After my confinement my hubby was travelling for work. So there were times when I was all by myself at night. Very tiring and almost went into drepression. Like Pheobe... I could fit into my old jeans when my boy had his first month. But now that I look back... it is worth it. My boy is very attached to me now. The bonding is impt for the initial months. If you are not particular with food... just get someone to help you wash and cook during your confinement. In my case, I pretty much eat what the rest of the family eats except that I have better soup and more fish. If you bf... can't overdose on the ginger and sesame seed oil anyway so the food selection should be quite normal. The CL will probably have some weird ideas (like all MILs and mothers) so she will still drive you up the wall. CL = spend money + frustration. MIL/mother = foc + frustration. Simple formula... muwahahahah :p

Jas... I have to feed more variety and undo what my MIL did over the week. Yup... that's what I am afraid of - a picky eater. There was once I went marketing with my MIL and told her why not buy cod fish. She refuse to and said the meat will be too tough for the baby to swallow. Just one of those times when she refuse to admit that I am right... so came up with some stupid reason. Few days later she bought cod fish for him. But only once and she stopped. Haizzzz. Anyway talking about MIL... I used to find staying with in-laws ok after my wedding. Things changed after the baby was born. Think because now there's a common object of interest - the baby. So your MIL wants to have a say in everything that is related to the baby. That's when the relationship will sour. Don't give up on your marriage just because of this. Its not worth it. This is one of the test that you will need to go thru as a couple. If you pass this... the relationship will be stronger than ever!

Cat... never too late to start your baby on different types of food.

Jilian... even if you want to direct bf... you will still need to have bottles and pump on standby because you will need to completely empty your breasts. Your baby will just stop when full. If you don't empty you will suffer from engorgement and worse can develop into breast infection (like me!). Even though there's all these talk about direct bf... but there are many reasons why it is unattainable and you need to express out and feed. I know of someone the baby was born at 36 weeks and can't suckle well so need to express and feed for the first 2 weeks. In my case my nipple was too short and my boy had difficult latching well. I tried direct bf initially but it was so jia lat that every feeding was like a war. End up baby crying badly because too hungry... breast leaking all over the bed and me feeling depressed. In the end I was too engorged... no choice had to borrow a breast pump to express it out. In the end I figured that we bf because it is good for baby... but we defeat the purpose if we end up making the baby go hungry... upset etc. And when I am in a bad mood because cannot direct bf... my mood rubs off the baby. For the mattress... you might want to try spring mattress.

jilian, you have to get a breast pump if u intend to bf like what odie said.. i've been ebm my boy for coming to 6 months already. even if you intend to fully latch on, you still have to empty out whatever amt left in your breasts. by emptying out the balance will increse your supply also. if you're really thinking of letting your baby on total breast milk, den it's advisable to invest a electric pump.

josephine, it's up 2 u. if u dun hv any1 experienced 2 help u out, mayb u wan 2 consider hiring a CL. 4 me, i didn't hire 1 coz i dun wan 2 spend so much $$. my hb &amp; i took care of our boy by ourselves. we did hire a maid 2 help us out. bt she gave us so much probs tt i kena post natal depression.

phoebe, really ah?? hv pm u my hp no. let's arrange 2 la kopi soon.
happy.gif

sj, tks 4 d recipes. will try them out when i gt time.
happy.gif

mgteo, same here. i m always irritated by watever she does 2 my boy. d best thing is my boy is veri scared of her, whenever he sees her, he'll cry veri loudly &amp; refuses 2 let her carry him. i m veri happi abt it. so bad of me rite??
kao_sticktongue.gif

jilian, oic. nvm, if u gt any frustrations, u can always log on &amp; vent them out here okie.
happy.gif
tink u better stand by some btls, breast pump &amp; sterilizer. my tinking is like urs. in d end, i had 2 get everything in a rush coz i was nt able 2 bf 4 d 1st wk coz i had an e c-section.

oreos, tks 4 d info. will chk d website out.

jas, dun b stressed okie. it's nt worth it letting ur ILs break up ur marriage. try 2 talk things out wif hb okie. everything can b settled 1. tink of ur boy okie. if u need a listening ear, u can always pm me okie.

cat_tail, tks. m keeping my fingers &amp; toes crossed.
happy.gif

sy, glad 2 hear tt ur maid is okie.
happy.gif

sj,
yr recipes are really helpful!!! i was getting so sick of boiling fish porridege 4 my boy 4 13mths !!! aiyoh!! i use beef n pork as soup base..will defi try yr liver recipe.

jillian
agree with the rest that u still need to buy breast pump etc. i also wanted to direct feed but boy doesn't like to latch n in the end got to pump. initially using manual pump but so tiring n got electric one.

Ahhhhhh.. this is a good place to release the frustrations on our ILs.

My FIL is one who never raised a single finger in taking care of my hb when he was born. He was busy working and hence know nothing about infant/ child care. He doesnt even know how to carry bbs!!!
Now, whenever we visit them on weekends with the boys. My FIL die die must carry the boys. There was once when we attended a relative's wedding dinner, My FIL was carrying one of my boys and he told a relative " I dun know how to carry but i love to carry them".
Wha leow... i stare at him wide eyes.
I told hb about it and now whenever FIL carries my boys, hb will be with him.. following him everywhere. Even mymaid also afraid of FIL dropping the bbs.. she will "automatic" stand next to him when he carries them.

oreos
What you mention is quite true, but no matter how I still feel that MIL will favour their own daughters more than DILs. This is something which I understand and nothing to complain about coz it's humand nature mah. It tough to be DIL and it's tougher to be DIL staying under the same roof with ILs... sigh....
sad.gif
That's why was telling hubby I can never never be a SAHM if I am staying with ILs. I cannot face them 24hrs.

cat_tail
The massegr lady is a chinese or malay? How much is the charges?

hong
My mum heart-pain for me mah.. so she will come and bath the bb and will leave after I am done with BM expressing. Actually she will do confinement for me but it is during CNY period, so she can't as she will be very busy. I understand and don't want to bother her. Was telling hubby if I got 2nd one, I want my mum to do for me also but the problem is no place for me to do my confinement leh.

sy
You can still wake up at night to pump, for me, I had dropped the night pumping since 3rd weeks onwards, cannot tahan already. My last pump will around 12mn - 1am, then morning around 6am - 7am.

odie
Maybe your MIL never eaten cod fish before, it is not tough, in fact it is softer and texture is finer than threadfin. My boy likes it but I didn't give it to him often, only occassionally. I was thinking to try out baked cod fish.

vone
Thanks. I too think that it is quite sad for a marriage to break just because of external factor, but should it really happen, then it just let it be. However, for my boy sake, I will do whatever possible and praying hard for the situation to improve.

Back