(2005/08) Aug/Sept 05' MTBs

hi hoshi,

just kpo-ing abt the stroler... we got a capella stroller too... think it's the petit optima air or something... got it at the last john little 15% storewide sale, usual price $199, same as kaki bukit, paid $160+ in the end... so u may wanna hang on for a bit? oh and there was free delivery too!
happy.gif

musicalgal,
really?.. so u got the capella one from JL? If it's cheaper than kaki bukit one, then makes no sense to go down ter already...
BTW, do u know when is JL sale starting?.. may need to go ter 'grab' liao... hehe...
thanks so much!

Hi Hoshi,

Baby Kingdom. 83 Kaki Bkt Ave 1.

Baby Hyperstore 69 Kaki Bkt Ave 1.

Both are at shunli Industrial Park

me also comparing prices now..JL sale now on. Robinsons sale starting this week...

Hi Samantha,
Sorry, miss out u in my list.
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Mummies To be</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>timie</TD><TD>1st Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cmy</TD><TD>1st Aug</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lib</TD><TD>7th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>chemistry</TD><TD>9th Aug</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tingting</TD><TD>9th Aug</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>everafter</TD><TD>12th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>miso</TD><TD>16th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mummytobe</TD><TD>19th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tulip</TD><TD>19th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ixwong</TD><TD>20th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>hoshi5</TD><TD>23rd Aug</TD><TD>GEH/MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cakey</TD><TD>23rd Aug</TD><TD>TMC/MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>erowen</TD><TD>26/27th Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>wishes</TD><TD>28th Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>vone</TD><TD>28th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>reenie</TD><TD>29th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cat_tail</TD><TD>30th Aug</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>angel</TD><TD>4th Sept</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Anissa</TD><TD>5th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>aidanee</TD><TD>11th Sept</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>christina</TD><TD>11th Sept</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ilmare</TD><TD>11th Sept</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>yvonne</TD><TD>11th Sept</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cookies</TD><TD>12th Sept</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Samantha</TD><TD>12th Sept</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>seabreeze</TD><TD>13th Sept</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>snoopy</TD><TD>17th Sept</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

yvonne ...

nope me just bought the pump ... cos if successful may invest in the medela PIS when I go back to work ... it will then come with a cooler bag too .... saw the avent one with cooler bag at seiyu ... selling at over $100 too ....

samantha ...

me bought the manual one .. UP at $86 .... think the over $100 is the one with the cooler bag that yvonne bought ....

my friend recommended that I buy the fisher price bouncer ... think will keep a look out for it at the Robinson sale ...

Hi mummytobe,
I was at Kaki Bukit too yesterday at around 12pm or so! Haha..

Oh, so these stores are not selling cheap? I was aiming at the Mcclaren pram but din buy yet cos I just got a gut feeling that I may get it cheaper elsewhere.

Hi Cat Tail,

Oh i was there in the evening
happy.gif
i was actually aiming for the McCLaren or Aprica one, but afer viewing and testing various models, hubby and i prefer Combi one. The price about the same $350-$500, but combi one lighter, and can roll two directions (with baby facing you, and with baby facing oncoming traffic)...

btw ladies, do you know if its safe for us to consume and use ginger products? like drinking giner herbal tea, or using ginger body scrub or body lotion?

I know after giving birth, during confinement, if breastfeeding, not supposed to, because baby might get jaundice. But what about now, when still pregnant?

hi cat_tail, i bought the pliko p3 stroller n the car seat at baby kingdom. i paid 609 for it. think is kinda cheap as compare to robinson sale...

think baby hyperstore strollerz r bit ex bcoz of their latest design..

Aiya mummytobe,

We missed each other..heehee..
I was looking at the combi too but quite skeptical about their wheels although it seems easier &amp; lighter to keep. Maclaren seems to be tougher.

Hi yvonne,
U bought the infant pliko car seat? How much will it cost? I still have no idea on which brand to get.

ladies ...

not sure if should buy the stroller and car seat now or wait till the baby is born and bring the baby to try it out ...

samantha,

if u r afraid of feeling nauseous during ur trip, then chk wif ur gynae on tis. i tink he prob can prescribe something 2 curb ur nausea.

Hi all mummys, can I join u guys? Been following this thread many mths ago, thought the info that you guys provided are real useful! : )

hi hoshi,

i got it at the labour day 15% storewide sale, haven't been to JL since so i'm not sure what kinda specials are on now... i'm also not sure abt this but i think robinson's also carries capella so u may wanna check it out and standby for the storewide sale... oh yes! the JL saleslady mentioned that there have been 2 storewide sales in the last 3 mths, so good chance of one coming on soon! i'm aiming for the chicco infant carrier at the next one!
happy.gif

hey cat_tail &amp; mummytobe,

JL also carries mcclaren and combi...

mummytobe, i'm being ultra kpo here... the capella one is also 2-way facing and there's the 2-way fold, similar to combi, though i must say that the combi 2-way fold is more user-friendly cos it can be done with 1 hand... however, u may wanna check if the combi can be used for newborns... all the models we checked out can't while the capella can be used from newborn up! and it sure helps that it's way cheaper than combi!
happy.gif

hi ladies

can i check w u regarding baby movements?? how often to u feel yr bb kicking in a day, other than that, do u still feel e bubbling feeling???

i'm getting quite stress whenever i don't feel the kick. quite worried i'll get pre-natal blues.

cookies ....

hmmm my baby moves more in the night ... esp when I am trying to zzzz ... think cos when I zzzz he doesn't have enough space so he kicks me to get me to adjust my sleeping pose ....

sometimes I feel like there is an air-bag moving inside me ... is that the bubbling feeling that you are referring to?

Hi musicgal,
I was abt the ask u abt the folding up of the capella stroller. Me and my hubby like the capella one coz it's 2-way facing, and very sweet. And of course, the price is not as ex as combi. We want something mid-range... coz if u buy so ex, and the bb might not want to sit in it.. and normally by the time they know how to walk, they may not want to sit in it too....
We went to kids mall to see at Suntec... and it's selling at $199 after 20% discount... so i guess nid to wait for JL sale...
happy.gif

cookies, dun worry so much!!... every bb is different. They may kick more at certain position, and sometimes, may not kick at all during the day!.... Hey, even adult also dun kick so much right?!!.... hehe... so juz relax!

Hi Cat-Tail,

Yup the combi one wheels smaller. But its way lighter than the maclaren one. maclaren one about 8kg..combi one only 4kg!! i can't really carry the maclaren one, si bei heavy man..price about the same..the maclaren XT2005 i was eyeing is about $370 with the front bar..the combi one we are considering is $388.

Hi Musicgal,

Yup, the model i am looking at is suitable for newborn to 3 years
biggrin.gif
and its lightweight and its double fold. so its more compact than other combi models heh.. where can we buy capella prams from? maybe i can go take a look and do a comparison

hi kathy, welcome.
kao_welcome.gif

hi cookies, my bb often kicks me in d nite, esp when i m trying 2 sleep.
uhoh.gif
as 2 how often he kicks, honestly i hv nvr count them. tink it's 2 early 4 me 2 count yet. dun worry so much. as long as u can feel his kicks, then it shld b okie.
happy.gif

Hi Seabreeze,
I have the intention of getting the stroller first then get a infant car seat after my bb pop out.

Hi musicgal,
Thanks for the tip! I still have not go to JL yet, so indeed they sell much cheaper when on sale? I have the Robinsin card, got further discount?
happy.gif

Hi cookies,
They are right, the baby's kicks varies on individual. I give up on counting cos it always make me paranoid. One of the way that works on me is to lie flat on the bed for a while to check. For sure my baby will give me a good kick to spare her some space...keke

Hi mummytobe,
I know which $388 Combi u r eyeing! Yesterday, I saw it at Kaki Bukit &amp; they are offering 5% disc. The sales told me for sure I can't get this price elsewhere cos they are the distributor. Well, how true izzit, only the heaven knows.
biggrin.gif

Hi Cookies,

Babies tend to kick when you are lying or sitting still. Cause when we move, walk etc, stomach 'rocks' baby, so baby sleep. That's why when newborn babies liked to be rocked, the motion is like when they are in mummy's tummy hee
biggrin.gif

my girl girl kicks and wriggles a lot at night. in the day, not much. but when at night, i'm watching tv or sleeping, wah, she wriggle all over the place. When i sleep on the left side, she wriggle wriggle, like trying to move upwards or to the centre, then when i turn right, she start wriggling again. So the whole night i am turning left and right while sleeping cause i scared position uncomfortable for her, so now i look like a panda haha...when i am lying inclined, she wriggle up and down my stomach..

hi cookies,i was like u initially...now getting better...coz i know even bb dun kick u in the dae, they will sure kick u in the nite! ;o) i like the feelin esp when bb kickz...feel great! ;o)

Hi Cat Tail,

The one i want is JT500. You saw at baby hyperstore or kingdom? Hyperstore don't have leh...only baby kingdom, and they say the model i want no discount
uhoh.gif

is it the same model? it comes in gray or red..if it is, then i must go and demand the discount hehe

Thanks vone, for the welcome : )
Last week I went for ante-natal course at KKH and they touched on monitoring bb's kicking as well. The instructor said that as long as bb's kicks hit 10 times per day, then it shd be ok. However, if the bb suddenly become less active or extremely active that day, then shd starting monitoring and consult your gynae immediately. This is bcos bb could be strangled by the cord and is struggling inside.
Initially I was unware abt the need to monitor bb's kicks until my hubby reminded me one day. After that I became a bit paranoid after I surfed ard and some websites said that there shd be at least 10 kicks every hr. My bb sometimes can dun kick for more than half a day. So after attending the class, I set my mind at ease. So Cookie, dun worry.

Hi Mummytobe,

I saw it at Baby Kingdom with the showroom at level 1. I din take note of the model except the price. It has the features of either shifting the handle from front or back rite?
happy.gif
So I guess must be that one lah, and the sales was trying very hard to promote it.

Heehee.. when u ask for discount, must act like a potential customer. I always ask is that your best price, and then follow by some eye contacts. Then smile as though like telling her "Come on, u should have better price than tat"... keke
happy.gif

hi yvonne,
i experienced the braxton hick quite often, sometimes daily and happens 2 times in a row.....but it should be normal, unless it gets intense and very regular interval.
it happens to me while i am in 2nd trimester....

hi reenie, same here...told my gynae n she gave me some medicine for the BHC...i kinda worry when she say it will coz u premature labor! ;O|

Hi Cat-tail,

think its the same one. i know isetan has the same pram, with 3% discount for cardholders. If baby kingdom got 5% then i shall get it from there, cause i also eyeing their chicco newborn car seat/carrier...

Hi ladies,

have you bought stuff like diapers and wipes yet? do you know anywhere got lobang or cheap deals? thinking of getting pampers premium and nepia or fitti premium..not sure where got good price leh..maybe go check NTUC

hi ladies,

thanks for the assurance. it feels better to talk about it.

maybe my previous bad experience has caused me too much stress this pregnancy.

i experience bb kicks quite frequently throughout e day during e last week or so, then last few days, i only feel them mostly in e nite, it makes me worry. so i read from yr experience that this shd be normal.

mummytobe ...

me saw the pigeon wipes 3packs x 80pc selling at $9.95 at seiyu ... was wondering whether is it too early to buy these stuff too ....

was told that its not easy to get disposable diapers for newborn ... whats the recommended brand anyway ...

Hi Seabreeze,

My Sister-in-law uses Pet Pet, Pampers Premium and mamy poko. I heard nepia not bad also...

i heard that newborns pee/poo very frequently, one day must change 5-6 diapers. So for the day, use cheaper brand, at night, must use absorbent one.. so far, pampers premium seems to be the best for night use, albeit a bit expensive lah..

i think someone in the forum did a comparison on the price per piece before..hangon, let me do a search

Hi Seabreeze,

This mummy in the apr/may/june thread did a price comparison..see below

"...On diapers...i did a check at Sheng Siong based on M size and got the following breakdown fyi:
Pampers Premium $0.43pp
Mamy Poko $0.34pp
Huggies $0.25pp
Drypers $0.20pp
Pet Pet $0.185pp

i'm using PP, Mamy Poko and Drypers. Heard Huggies not bad also. PP is really the best but really cost a premium. Drypers is also quite good i find, value-for-$...."

hi cookies,
my bb usually kicks alot esp when laying down, watching tv or using PC (i.e. bending slightly forward).. Guess I'm pressing on her :p
However I also notice that whenever I've constipation the kick will be lesser/mild.. maybe lesser space for her to kick hehe..

mummytobe ...

I am likely to use the diapers for day and disposable for night ... think may just get the PP then since its the most absorbing ...

oso heard that nepia not bad ... but not found easily right ...

Hi Seabreeze, if you are looking for disposable diapers for newborn, I saw that they are available at Cold Storage (Pampers and Drypers). I hasn't seen anything for newborn for other brands yet. I went to Sheng Siong and found that they only carry S size onwards. Now they have promo. But my sis told me not to buy too many newborn diapers as bb out-grown them very fast. Before we knw it, they need to wear S size liao.

Hi mummies, I've been looking around for maternity pad for use after delivery. Saw that Kotex has 2 types - normal and loop type. Can anyone advise me what is the loop type? I heard from frens that we are not suppose to wear panty after delivering, in that case how are we going to wear the pad then? Also, how many pack shd I buy then is sufficient for the flow? Many thanks!

hi hoshi,

are we talking abt the same model? the one we got is petit optima air or something... it comes in either red/black or orange/silver... it's 2 way facing and 2 way folding... seems this model is really popular - it was out of stock when we went to JL to get it, that's why we used the free delivery service in the end...

my understanding is, most places, incl kidsmall suntec, are selling it at $199 (tho they term it the special price, that's the usual price everywhere i've seen so far!)... best price i've seen outside of JL is $185... mebbe the one u're eyeing is a different model?

hi mummytobe,

kaki bukit has the capella, the shop further inside... kidsmall and kiddy palace also have it...

hi cat_tail,

yeah! with the rob-ocbc card, can get additional 5% rebate...
happy.gif

now i sound like a rob/JL promoter! they shld totally pay me commission!
happy.gif

kathy ...

So have to get the new born one from cold storage first ar ... yap think they will outgrow v fast ... maybe buy 2 pack first ....

cannot use normal pad mer? those meant for heavy days one ....

kathy, tink tat we can use d normal pads which r meant 4 heavy flow initially. after tat, can switch 2 normal pads. if i m not wrong, d loop 1 fr kotex is d old fashioned kind which u hv 2 tied a string around ur waist. frankly, i find tat veri uncomfortable. gosh, u sure can't wear panties meh?? i dun tink tat's true. if not, how r we going 2 wear d pad??

as 4 how many packs 2 buy, mayb u can standby 4 abt 2 mth's supply??

Hi Seabreeze, I'm also getting 2 packs first, in case cannot finish. If not enough, then think ask hubby go and buy lor. I think for Pampers one pack got 36 pieces. I intend to use Drypers for daytime and Pampers for night, as my sis said that Pampers is better to last through the nite.
No leh, my frens said that they din wear panties during their stay in hospital bcos of the wound, so there's no way we can wear those normal stick-on pad right? My hubby suggest that I get those maternity pads to stand-by (at least one pack)in case the flow is really heavy.

Hi Kathy,

Ah? then how to wear the pad? that means must wear the loop kind? so confusing..and kinda gross haha..

Back