(2005/08) Aug/Sept 05' MTBs

kathy ...

isit ... have not heard tat cannot wear panties ... just know that some of my frens got the disposables panties cos the flow will be very heavy ... troublesome to keep washing ...

have to check ...

musicgal,
i dunno wat's the brand, coz we only see the stroller's functions and price... hehe... think shd be the same coz Capella not much variety leh. The one we saw was orange/yellow in colour, selling price at $199 after discount (UP ard $200+). The other model, blue in colour cost $180+ after discount. Tried finding from the web, but couldn't find any Capella stroller...
sad.gif

seabreeze, my friend told me tat we need to confirm the hospital during our last 1-2 months. Think I will ask the nurse during my next checkup. Very indecisive between GlenE and MtA.. how?....

hoshi ...

which means we have to decide by the next next visit to dr cheng right .... why not you go for the hospital tour? might give you a better idea ... for me its Mt A cos convi for my hubby, parents and in-law ...

me going to see Dr Cheng this fri ... think he will scold me cos put on 7kg in total liao ...

Hi kathy,

How many packs of newborn diapers should we buy then? i heard newborn babies pee a lot.. if each pack is 30 pieces, 3 packs enough? thats 90 pieces, prob last 20 days?

seabreeze, u only put on 7kg.... me put on abt 10kg already leh...
He only 'scolded' me tat time coz I've put on 4kg in one month, which is too fast... But urs only 7kg, think he will not scold lah...
Oh, ur visit is tis Friday?... maybe u can ask the nurse when muz we confirm the hospital can?...

mummytobe, think u dun nid to buy so many diapers at one go... 1st thing of all, when our baby is out, we dunno their size yet. Some babies may be bigger than norm, so if buy wrong size very wasted. secondly, disposable diapers can buy very easily, and very conveniently. Unlike cloth diapers, which we nid to wash and wash....
We are intending to buy disposable diapers only when the bb is out... still got so much time!..

Hi Hoshi,

that's true
happy.gif
but tot if now got sale can buy a few packs first haha..i was thinking of buying one pack from 2 or 3 brands to try, cause don't know which will suit her...

hoshi ...

no ler you 3 weeks more advance than me ler ... I put on abt 4kg since the last visit oso ... so think he will scold heehee ...

can me check with the nurses ... I oso like to know too .... you going for how many bedder?

Hi mummytobe,
Then u can bargain for better price since you are buying 2.
happy.gif

Hey, I saw a lot of Nepia new born diapers at Seiyu! I think they just replenish the stocks, so for those who are interested can grab some.

Bugis! They brought in cartons of it..heehee.. I always go jalan while waiting for my ah lao to knock off. That was last week~

cat_tail ...

aiya me staying in bishan ler ... nevermind ... me keep a look out when I go shop at Seiyu J8 ... too lazy to go bugis ...

seabreeze, i very scared to stand on the weighing scale liao... hehe... Think if we put on abt 1-2 kg per month shld be ok... since we now left abt 3 months to go.... I think dr cheng also afraid tat we might not be able to gain back our pre-preggie figure after deliver.... haha... he may nag a bit coz weight gain too fast... hehe.. juz one ear in and one ear out... haha... coz preggie cannot go on diet... then I always tell my hubby, bb wants to eat... mummy action only... haha..

Going for 2-bedder one... confirm liao... but juz the hospital thing lor...

cat_tail, mummytobe
I also heard lots of review abt nepia... seems quite good... but is it hard to find?.. I was thinking near to delivery date then go buy disposable diapers and nappy wipes...

hoshi ....

me cutting down alot of sugar stuff that I was taking before the last visit .. like ice jelly, cheng teng etc ... but over the long weekend ate ice cream and had BBQ heehee ... so gained lotsa weight lor ...

aiya he nag with good intention lar ... think still will watch my diet but at times will have to 'pamper' myself abit heehee ...

me thinking bet 1-bedder or 2-bedder ... depending on my hubby ... if he wants to stay over or not ...

seebreeze, did u gynae ask u to take the diabetes test? last saturday i went to see her, n she said i put on too much weight..but overall i think im still okae...from 49 to 56 now...i did a blood test b4 my detail scan n everythin is okae. now she wants me to do a blood test 4 diabetes...;o( hopefully everythin is okae...im now cuttin down on sweet stuff n starch...

yvonne ...

he went thr my blood test result and didn't say anything ler ... think they will look out for sugar during the urine test .... I hope he doesn't ask me to do another blood test...

me cutting down on sugar lor ... cos dun wan to gain weight too fast ... we both gain abt 7kg hor ...

mummytobe, I think like what hoshi said, no need to buy so many newborn diapers at one go. 2 packs shd be able to last for a while. If necc, we can always get our hubby to buy. BB balloon very fast, like my niece, before she hit her full mth, my sis got to switch to S size liao. So it might be a bit wasted if we buy too much.

Hi gals, I spoke to my sis over dinner earlier and asked her abt whether can wear panties after delivery, she said for 1st 3 days she wasn't wearing any coz her wound hurts so she was wearing maternity pads that need to be tied around her waist. I suppose thats the loop kind that vone was explaining. She only switched to normal pad after discharge frm hospital, when the wound dun hurt that much. Going by what she said, I suppose if our wound recover faster, then can start wearing panty and those normal pad. But I think I better buy one pack to standby...

hi ladies...

wow, seems like there is still tons of stuff to buy... me getting so confused now.

as recommended in the previous msgs, i will stick to all pigeon/tollyjoy products... BTW, do we need to prepare clothes for baby to wear during hospital stay or just 1 set of going home clothes??

i went to see my endocrinologist today, and he also commented that i gain too much weight, 6kg in 2 months. gynae never say anything leh... tot it is ok, as i am 22-23wks.... so frustrating... so many things cannot eat, gain also kena, don't gain also kena..

counting down to GSS....

Hi kathy,

Did the hospital provide the loop maternity pads (tie around waist kind) or did your sis have to bring her own? heh feel silly asking this, but does it come with the string or do we have to find some sort of string to tie?
embarrassed.gif

Also, i was wondering, immediately after we give birth in the hospital, we have to wear button front/nursing tops in order to breastfeed the baby in the hospital right? Do we wear the hospital gown, or do we have to bring our own nursing style night gown? i aint got no night gowns leh..must buy nursing night gown or anykind of pyjamas will do? can we wear pyjamas (pants) that are a open front shirt style? or must it be a night gown?

i guess this ties in with the sanitary pad thingy also...troublesome to wear pants style pyjamas if we have to keep changing sanitary napkins?

Morn MTBs,
Nice & cooling weather but too bad... we have to work today!

Hi hoshi,
I think Nepia can get easily from those Japanese shopping ctr like Seiyu, Isetan, Meiya.. It's only the new born size a little bit tough to get. I think I will get 2 packs first & mixture of other brands.

Talk abt sweet stuff.. aiyoo... last nite I made hubby bring me to eat the Gelare ice-cream with waffle.
biggrin.gif
Think I oso better cut down on sweet things.

Morning gals!
It's such a good day to sleep in... sigh.. and we have to come to office....
sad.gif

kathy, going by wat ur sis said, quite logical... but how do we put on the loop pad?.. won't it drop out easily (esp if the flow is heavy)?....

mummytobe, I think we can opt to either wear the hospital gown or wear our own gown. I think it's better to get those night dress gown to wear. Coz after delivery, it might be quite painful to raise our legs and wear pants right?... hehe...
so if we can get those dress gown, we juz need to 'lop' it in...

yvonne, seabreeze,
I'm taking the Glucose Tolerance Test (GTT) for my next checkup to test for diabetics... keeping my fingers crossed...

good mornin all pretty mummy to be...

hoshi & seebreeze, i did my blood test too. result is okae. but now gynae say my weight gain is too fast so gotta do the GTT @ my next checkup. (keep my fingerz crossed too...) hope everythin is okae..

heard from frenz went 4 the GTT..itz very suffering...gotta take 3 timez of blood test n fast from 12am till next dae u finish ur test... now i even dare not take sweet n desert! ;o(

my baby is 19cm @ 650g during 24wkz. wat abt u galz?

morning ....

nice weather to zzzz ... had to drag myself up tis morning to come work ... *yawn*

hoshi ... you taking the GTT ar ... aiya hope that I dun have to take ler ... sound very terrible ....

think can get the loop pad and string from NTUC ...

morning ladies!
Long time didn't post, work is really keeping me busy. Phew.

Seabreeze, how are you doing? ya, this morning was raining, now i zzzz at my cubicle. =P

Next week will be the last session of Mrs Wong classes, will really miss her lessons! So fun. =)

Timie, you are so right abt the seating arrangement, i was sitting at the 2nd row but already cannot see properly. Really wonder how those at the back can see her demo.

mummytobe, for me, when i went for the TMC tour, they have mentioned that we have to bring our own nightgown and preferably open front button type.

lib and snoopy, how are you gals doing? Lib, have you bought newborn diapers har? what brand you recommend.
I still haven't started any serious shopping yet.

Btw gals, i'm nursing a very bad toothache today, couldn't sleep at all last night, cos it was swollen and now it's hurting real bad. It's the same tooth that always give me a lot of problems. Sigh. Will have to visit my dentist later, i think she will nag and scold me for not taking care of my tooth.

btw hoshi, was the GTT recommended by your gynae to take? Cos i haven't heard abt this from my gynae. I'm quite keen to take leh cos i have been eating lotsa chocolate and sweet stuff.

morning gals,

Won't be logging in next week. Going on biz trip and i think i won't be able to gain internet access.
I went for my checkup yesterday and i think my weight increase too fast liao. I increase by 3kg since the last month visit
sad.gif
. Think i have to curb my intake for durians...
my bb didn't put on a lot of weight through. he is 620+g for the 24th week checkup....I think the 2.5kg went to me as stored fats....

Hi Samantha, yvonne,

Now i'm 26/27 weeks. I can't remb the size of the baby at 24 weeks, but the weight then of my baby at 24 weeks was 696g. Gynae said baby growing very well, but can't challenge the mummy (me!) who put on 3kg in a month heheh paiseh
embarrassed.gif
so far i put on 10.5kg liao...*blush* but i was kinda underweight before hand for my height, so i think its still ok, no cause for panic yet..i think
lame.gif

i have migraine so i don't normally take sweet stuff..but since preggy, have been indulging in some lah... but i am a carbo person..bread bread bread pasta pasta pasta, potato potato potato hee hee so of course put on weight lah

hi mummytobe, wow! ur baby is kinda big hur! did ur doc ask u to slow down on weight gain? and go for the GTT? my doc did! tatz why now im kinda worry esp when next checkup i need to do GTT...

erowen, the best is not to do the GTT...is very painful...gotta take 3 timez of blood test on the same dae!

samantha, im like u...all the weight gain go to me...

Hi Yvonne,

Ya gynae ask me to watch my weight, but didn't ask me to go for GTT. What's a GTT? dunno, see next visit how. i think if i put on another 3kg, she might ask me to go for it haha but i think during this period( transition from 6-7mth), baby will double in weight, so depends what my total weight gain is lor..thing is, my tummy not very big leh so i don't know how come the baby got space to move if she is so big...

Hi mummytobe,
You are in your third trimester liao... so I think your weight gain should be just right. I am like you, a carbo person, so I think i will put on too. But your bb is big and absorb quite a lot leh... at least you know where part of your 10kg went...hehe...

Yvonne,
Hope we stop gaining so rapidly. My gynae speculated that it's becos of durian and i think so too... hope i don't need to do any GTT. Gynae didn't tell me anything about GTT before, so far... so i reckon i don't need yet... thank god...I very scared of needles.

The GTT test is recommended by my gynae coz during my triple test, it showed tat my sugar level on the high side.... thus, the GTT is to check whether there's gestational diabetes lor...
My sis said tat it's not tat painful coz it's juz a prick on the finger... it's not those kind like our triple test one...

mummytobe, GTT is Glucose Tolerance Test...during the test, u need to drink the sweetener n take a urine cum blood test...very very suffering....;o(

am not sure how to calculate my edd...now shld be 24-25wkz...i hav gained 7kg from 49kg...doc say my weight gain is too fast...so need to do the GTT... ;o(

hav u galz bought the pamperz or nappy? another 3 mths + to go...we gog to be mother liao. very excited... ;o)

mummytobe, GTT is Glucose Tolerance Test...during the test, u need to drink the sweetener n take a urine cum blood test...very very suffering....;o(

am not sure how to calculate my edd...now shld be 24-25wkz...i hav gained 7kg from 49kg...doc say my weight gain is too fast...so need to do the GTT... ;o(

hav u galz bought the pamperz or nappy? another 3 mths + to go...we gog to be mother liao. very excited... ;o)

morning! recently bb has been moving quite strongly in my tummy... quite an interesting experience..

every gynae seems to have differing views on how much weight gain is right... i've in the past put on 4kg in 1 month, but my gynae did not raise any alarm bell... i think we can just take the estimated total weight gain for the entire pregnancy as a guage.

as for newborn diapers, i'm considering between pampers and nepia. since i'm intending to use cloth diapers during day time, can splurge a bit in more absorbant disposable ones for night time. think the other brand that has got good comments is Pet Pet, the prices are quite reasonable too. You may want to check out stores other than Cold Storage and NTUC, which i think sell at RRP usually. Places like CK may be cheaper.

cakey, my bb is also bigger than average at detailed scan (20 wks), but if it's not way above, then no cause for worry... birth weight can vary as much as 1kg and still considered normal.

sorry double posting...

hoshi, i feel better now since is just prick on the finger...lucky is not the one tat we did it for the trible test...

actlly, how much weight must we gain? think i need to control my diet...i eat/snack alotz....

last nite i had my fish soup beehoon at 830 then ard 1030 i asked my hub made the coco crunch + milk for me.... oh gosh! scary right...the way i hav my meal!

Hi Yvonne,
what medicine did your gynae prescribe for your "contraction"? me too...
sad.gif
heard about the pre-mature labour and got me really frightened. Was given Ventolin during my week 21 visit. Dr said i got pretty irritable uterus cos i started having such BHCs very very early (felt it in the 1st trimester! I do get some tummy cramps (like menstrual cramp at the sides of the groins) at night...not sure if they are normal. Will be visiting my gynae next week at week 25. Will update you guys on my bb's development.

I had a nightmare! i dreamt that i was bleeding very badly in the toilet. i woke up in tears and thank god, it was just a dream. maybe cos hubby not in town for more than a week, so feel abit insecure.

Now no mood to work......
sad.gif

erowen ...

hihi ... me fine ... at least coming to office to work now ...

hoshi ...

oh its cos of the blood test not due to weight gain lar .. then hope that me will kanna nagging from him only heehee ...

aidanee ...

dun feel down ... we are here to lend a listening ear ... when will your hubby be back?

my baby was very active last night while I was watching TV ... even my hubby could feel the kick when he place his hand on my tummy ... was such a magical feeling =)

Hi Ero, long time no see.. yes i'm fine.. juz tat now in the 3rd-tri.. seems to get tired easily.. can't shop much nowadays.. lucky i started buying bb's stuff during my 2nd-tri.. so this month i juz bought the diapers and some neccessities.. and i have completed my shopping list!

For me, i have bought 2 pkts of "S" Petpet as the cutting is small.. & 1pkt of "NB" Mamy poko. I will also be buying Nepia but still comtemplating which size to buy. Anyway has brief my hubby on the diapers liao.. like whr to get, wat brand, size, etc.

Ero, would recommend u to start purchasing liao. dunno for u, but for me, i feel "punctured" since i came back from KL.. Can't realli shop tat long...

Hi Aidanee,

Sayang, don't stress! Your gynae will take care of you
happy.gif

Hi Seabreeze,
Ya, my baby also very active when i watching tv..dunno is it because i'm sitting still, or because of the tv noise. Me watching CSI New York last night, maybe too intense for her hehe...she also responds to hubby's voice. Hubby always ask her to kick me one leh ..he tell her "come girl girl, kick mummy..one two kick, one two kick.." hmmph gang up on me
lame.gif

Hi Ting Ting,
sorry ah, me a bit suaku..what or where is CK?

Hi Erowen,
Hope your toothache is better...i went to my dentist two weeks ago, kenna nagging from him. He said pregnant women teeth more susceptible to tooth decay and gum problems, should have come in during first trimester liao for a check etc and not wait till almost third trimester haha but luckily my teeth and gums ok phew

erowen, u better take care. go & c ur dentist asap okie.
happy.gif

samantha, u hv a nice trip. take care okie.
happy.gif

cakey, so long din hear from u liao....
we are having the same EDD leh... my weight gain also abt 10kg liao. The last checkup I had in week 24, gynae says baby between 700-800g, so maybe now, weight abt the same as urs...
happy.gif

Maybe we gorge ourselves too much after exams... hehe... results will be out next week.. very scared..
sad.gif

Yvonne,
recommended weight gain is 10-12kg thru'out our pregnancy... but some people gain much much more, some lesser....

erowen, take care of ur toothache. My friend told me tat if u take anmum or those kind of preggie milk, will get tooth decay very easily...

btw ladies,

you know our mothers always nag at us say cannot wash hair, scared wind enter the body etc. but what if we wash hair and use hairdryer? that one will be hot air, but will it be considered wind entering the head also?
uhoh.gif

aiyah, the thought of not washing hair for one month is freaking me out...me trying to think of alternatives. cause thinking of using no-rinse shampoo, but still doesn't change the fact that the head/hair is wet. But if use hairdryer, will it 'introduce' wind into the head also? sigh

Hi vone,
Thanks.
happy.gif

Hi Hoshi5,
I read in the Dumex booklet placed in my gynae's office that the weight gain is 10-12kg, then I read at some website that the gain should be 12-20kg. Do you know which one is correct? 10-12kg seems pretty little considering that most of us here put on > 5kg by mid of 2nd trimester.

hallo ladies, i had a bad bad scare last night. Started having super bad cramps at 5pm...then by midnight i couldnt stand up or walk anymore. Hubby rushed me to A&E, doc suspected appendicitis, took urine test and blood test on the spot. he said its appendicitis and i had to stay overnight for observation.

so i told him to call my gynae over just to confirm. he came, scanned the baby and said it doesnt look like appendicitis...told me to go home and observe for fever instead.

i'm still in pain but not so jiak lat like last night....quite upset with the MO on duty last night, so inexperienced, i could have have appendix removed for no reason!!!

in the end we paid about $300 for a&e fees, a bit steep. gynae charged $150 for 5mins consulation without medicine...but at least i got to sleep in peace...

now on bed rest.... *boohooo*

Hi mummytobe,

I have been thinking about this quite sometime already. I always wash my hair daily, so if cannot wash for one month i also not sure can tahan or not.
I read in a taiwan post pregnancy book saying that if you want to wash hair, must use hair dryer to blow dry immediately so that wind won't enter the body. Asked my mum, but she said better not wash. So dunno how? Any of you ladies have any thoughts about this issue?
Oh, btw, i think cannot use no-rinse shampoo. My hairstylist says it still have water content, so best is to use the powder one.

about weight gain...i think if we're slightly underweight to begin with, then we can afford to put on more during pregnancy. i was 45kg before preggie, have gained slightly more than 10kg so far, my EDD on 11 Sept, but my gynae is quite happy with my weight progress leh....

hi hoshi,
ya din post much nowadays cos most time spent on catching up the long list of posting hehe.. Since after exam, been busying meeting up with friends, doing budgeting and shopping lor. Talking abt the result, will u be attending the graduation ceremony?

I concern abt the bb weight gain cos Dr say my chance of natural birth for a 3Kg+ bb is 20% lesser then other cos of my small built.. So I hope bb can be <3kg. But at the moments looks like she's taking after her daddy who is very big built. Can feel her big movement and bone compare to few weeks ago.. I've asked MIL not to make so much tonic for me liao.

mummyToBe,
CK is a large grocery shop something like the ABC $1 shop. I know they've branch at Chinatown and near Khatib MRT.

christina,

Hope you are feeling better now. Me gained about 7kg so far ... hope that ok with my gynae ... our EDD is quite close ...

Back