(2005/08) Aug/Sept 05' MTBs

Welcome Newbies... u're nvr too late to join the thread. Hope to see u gals onine often..
kao_welcome.gif

Hey Snoopy, with regards to the meetup on coming Monday.. Sad to say.. After my posting that day, seems like no-one actually responsed except for 2m2b.
kao_sad.gif

But well, we can arrange to meet up one of these days now that John Little is also having their Summer Sale.. Hehe..

Hey CAt_tail, thx for the effort to compile the list...

Hi gals,

Super long time mever log in. Was out of office on course for the past 2 weeks so limited chance to assess internet....
happy.gif

I thot 3rd trimester starts only from wk 28? I'm now wk 27, but Lib, tingting and gang shd be in their 3rd trimester liao.

Just now went to the JL sale at Somerset, quite crowded but can get some basic stuff (bb toiletries, etc) at a discount, though their range is not as good as Kiddy Palace. Realise nowadays get tired more easily, already felt exhausted after 45 mins.
sad.gif

Anyone going to the Motherhood Fair? Not sure if they would have some maternity wear cos I realised I'm outgrowing some of the tops...and may need to get new ones (those with tie-back, I think).

No problem Lib, it's only a little work.

Hi ixwong, I am going to the motherhood fair. Am gearing up my engine to make a good purchase! Feel like taking leave to shop in the daytime but hubby not free. So no choice, to go in the eve. Your bb must b growing pretty fast & your maternity wear already can't fit! My bra oso can't fit in anymore even though I already putting in 2 extension..

Ok for the latest chart, here we go:

<table border=1><tr><td>Mummies To be</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>timie</TD><TD>1st Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cmy</TD><TD>1st Aug</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lib</TD><TD>7th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>chemistry</TD><TD>9th Aug</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tingting</TD><TD>9th Aug</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>everafter</TD><TD>12th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>miso</TD><TD>16th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mummytobe</TD><TD>19th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tulip</TD><TD>19th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ixwong</TD><TD>20th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>hoshi5</TD><TD>23rd Aug</TD><TD>GEH/MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cakey</TD><TD>23rd Aug</TD><TD>TMC/MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>erowen</TD><TD>26/27th Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>wishes</TD><TD>28th Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>vone</TD><TD>28th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>reenie</TD><TD>29th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cat_tail</TD><TD>30th Aug</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>angel</TD><TD>4th Sept</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Anissa</TD><TD>5th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>aidanee</TD><TD>11th Sept</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>christina</TD><TD>11th Sept</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>yvonne</TD><TD>11th Sept</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cookies</TD><TD>12th Sept</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Samantha</TD><TD>12th Sept</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>seabreeze</TD><TD>13th Sept</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>snoopy</TD><TD>17th Sept</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

morning! i wish they have GSS on the internet as well! at least we can compare prices before going down to our preferred shop... think i'll just target at the main shops, Kiddy palace, JL, Robinsons, Kids Mall, and the motherhood fair. That already seems a lot to cover! think in the end i may not even compare prices... so long as they seem reasonable... don't think i have the energy to walk to n fro...

morning mummies!
Just popping in before my busy day start....Its FRIDAY!!!!! HAPPY weekends everyone!

Btw, when is the GSS starting???? i haven't got much things for my baby, thinking of purchasing over the sale period.

tingting,
i wish internet got those info as well! hahahaaha...

hi reenie, GSS is starting 28 May, but i think some shopping centres have already started their own sale!

can't wait for day to end today! think i gila liao... totally no mood to work...
happy.gif

me in a holiday mood oso ...

think will just target the GSS ... quite apprehensive about traveling down all the way to expo for the motherhood fair ... unless there is alot of rave review abt its bargain heehee ...

Hi gals,

Went to JL sale on Wednesday... haven't bought anything yet becos i don't know what to start buying!!! seems like lots of things to prepare... my mum keep telling me don't need to buy so soon, but I am KS. dun want to wait till last minute leh.
BTW, any of you buying steriliser ? I am still comtemplating what to buy, avent, pigeon or NUK... any suggestions/comments ?
When &amp; where is the motherhood fair?

Vone, your bb so cute, will react whenever you eat durian. mine is a bit nonchalent (dunno spelling correct or not...). He doesn't react to food that much.

samantha,

my fren suggested pigeon cos the pricing is reasonable and the it can steralise quite a few items at the same time ...

some frens swear by avent though ...

think its up to your own preference ... but most importantly ... get one that is flexible enough to allow to steralise milk bottle of any brand and your milk pump parts oso ....

Thanks, seabreeze,
wah, difficult decision.

Bte, when is the motherhood fair at expo? I will be travelling soon, think I will miss it
sad.gif

motherhood fair is from 1-5 jun.

think pigeon is more expensive than avent? i'm comparing pigeon rapid steam steriliser n avent 6 bottle steriliser.

ting ting ...

tot avent is more exp than pigeon ...

am looking at bigger size ones for both ... think the pigeon is $89 and avent is $100++

Seabreeze,
Don't need to envy me... i have no choice, travelling for business to thailand. Asked my gynae last month whether can go, he said no problem. so i m going to travel for the first time... a bit scared. hope everything will be fine.
Tingting,
Avent is more expensive right? i saw at JL sale the other day. Avent cost like 120 - 190. Heard pigeon is about 80+

both avent n pigeon has got at least 2 types of steriliser... i know pigeon has the normal one plus a rapid steam steriliser. avent has got one normal and one "IQ" series... not counting the microwave types... so quite confused on which one to buy....

Hi, all Mum to be, do you drink milk every day? those HL/daisy type or those powder type? I don't really drink milk as it makes me feel uncomfortable after drinking. DOCTOR SAY IS OK NOT TO DRINK.. But ppl around me keeps telling me must drink.

Hi Coffeedrinker,
I can't drink milk as well. I think I have lactose intolerance. I ask a gynae before, he says it is ok. You can always drink substitute - soya bean milk instead.

hi coffeedrinker,
i am a coffee drinker myself! haahhaaa...well, i don't take milk too, i drink Nutrisoy instead
happy.gif

u don't have to take milk if u cannot, as long as your other food intake got enuff calcium. Cheers!

hi samantha,
i bought the Avent sterliser back at Taka sales. I think i paid around $105?? It can clean those bottles as well as other stuffs, like teats, or other Avents products.

Hi reenie,

are you talking about the normal 4 bottles or 6 bottle steriliser? I was thinking about buying avent, but i heard that can only sterilise milk bottles, so still pending. Heard pp say avent teats are very hard, bb might not like it. so now, in two minds.

hi, i drink soya bean milk too but my mother-in-law say cannot drink. She say soya bean will cause ..."guan jie yan". I am confused! because i drink it everyday. if she say cannot.. then what can i take? should i listen to her

hi Samantha,
mine is the Express Electric Steam Sterilizer , which holds up to 6 feeding bottles
happy.gif
Plus, i am using Avent breastpump, it can also be use for that. Also, u can place other feeding accessories in.

So far, i have good comments for Avent, the teats are quite good for baby, as its close to natural feeding
happy.gif

Hi coffeedrinker,
I don't take soya bean milk everyday. I think best to eat all food in moderation lah. Soya bean milk is a substitute, but uric acid high, so I try to take it once in a while. Not too sure whether can drink everyday.
I am also thinking of yoga course, but I don't know any places where they offer it. My friends told me that TMC offers, but I am not sure.

coffedrinker ...

i can't take milk too cos it causes my gastric to go hay-wire ... so I take vitasoy ... and soya bean milk that my mum makes ...

reenie ...

can avent steraliser steralise milk botter of other brand? some ppl tell me can .... some tell me cannot ... quite confuse ...

Seabreeze,
i am not sure leh, from the feedback in the forum, i think the Avent cannot sterlise other brands? but i just bought it since i am using Avent feeding equip and other stuffs from them
happy.gif

U might want to confirm with others before you do the purchase.

reenie ...

if that the case i might just get the pigeon one lor ... cos thats the one I know can use for any brand one ...

am using the NUK bottle thats why ...

Hi Samantha,
from other thread :execise, I came to know 2 place : Shambhala yoga Ctr in Forum Shopping Ctr ($24 perlesson) &amp; Balanze in Tanglin Shopping Ctr ($20 perlesson). was looking ard to see if any cheaper.

Cat_tail if u notice, thr is more girls in the month of aug and boys in Sep....

As for Steriliser, Tingting.. Pigeon is cheaper then Avent.. In terms of economical, pigeon can accommodate all other brands including yr breast pump. Avent is kinda of a "selfish" brand.. their accessories oni able to fit in to their own brand. Thats y if u notice, they will always give away a 125ml bottle with any purchase of the accessories like food warmer, steriliser, etc. This is to encourage u to use their bottles oni.

Hi Ixwong, long time no see. Actually the by-right 3rd tri starts when is in Week 28. But the by-left actually starts when u r in week 25. From Week 25 to 28, not too sure for the rest, u're drifting from 2nd tri to 3rd tri.. thats when u start to feel more tired, more growth on yr weight &amp; appearance etc. Juz like from 1st tri to 2nd tri, if u suffer from MS, u oso will drift off slowly...

This is a super long weekend, ladies please enjoy yr weekend..

For those interested in pigeon steriliser, do check out JL or Robinson. Sometimes they offer 20% in addition to discounted $87..

Hi Lib,
Thanks for the clarification. No wonder nowadays I feel tired super easily. Last 2 days suffered from muscle ache cos use the stairs too much. End up got to apply deep-heat on the aching portions.

Would also be going to the Motherhood fair. Think I will pick up as many stuff there as I could....cos really don't think I'll have any energy to shop later on.

Anyone got recommendations for comfy and value-for-money nursing bras?

Hi Ix, yes u not only feel tired easily, u also will get to feel hot too. Nowadays, my body temperature has went up, sometimes when my hb feels cold but i will still feel hot. I will also be going to Motherhood Fair, not too sure what will they be offering during the Fair. However, I have already abt 90% done with my bb's shopping. Now left my nursing bras which i went to the maternity shop at TMC last week, the lady told me it is advisable to buy nursing bra near to our birth or oredi gave birth. As our breast will still be growing or maybe shrinking.. Nowadays I oso can't really stand/sit too much, used to be able to sit in front of the pc for the whole day, now no more liao. Every afternoon got to take a short break.

* as for the additional 20% off for the steriliser addition to S$87 it oni applies to their storewide discount. Like Metro &amp; Seiyu previously.

hi all mums-to-be

long time never log in. cat-tail, can add me to your list?? my EDD is 11th sept, NUH and bb is boy.

i went to JL summer sale yesterday, bought the pigeon steriliser and battery-operated breast pump.

i still quite blur what to buy. how many milk bottles should i buy? dun think has bought enough bb clothes... very consfused...

really hope GSS will start soon, then can go and buy all the necessary stuff.

btw, i would recommend OG albert complex, there is quite a good range of reasonable priced baby's stuff.

Hi Christina,

Thanks so much for asking your gynae for me. Skin tag? I will check it out on the website and see if I can find more infos abt it. Thanks once again. I sure feel mucn better now
happy.gif

Been so busy these couple of days that I haven't been able to login. Hope I am not missing out much.

ladies ...

just bought the Avent manul breast pump at Kiddy Palace for $59. Much cheaper than the 20% off offered at Sieyu ....

Anyway kiddy palace oso having a store wide 20% sale ... so you gals can pop by and take a look ...

Me bought the waist band and MIM sling there too ....

hallo.. can't wait for GSS to start too! i may buy the avent breast pump from kiddy palace too.. $59 seems a reasonable price...
happy.gif
will look around for the pigeon rapid steam steriliser.. if come across a good price, do share ok? anyone can confirm if the pigeon rapid steam can accommodate the avent manual breast pump? as for bottles, think i'll just get 1 or 2 more since the breast pump will also come with 2 bottles. and also some storage bags... hopefully my supply is enough... :p

samantha, hehe... hb said tat my bb is veri greedy. tat's y he's jumping up &amp; down after he ate d durians.
kao_wink.gif

u take care on ur biz trip okie.

Hi tinting,

Yes, the pigeon rapid steam sterilizer can accommodate Avent breast pump as well. I already bought it &amp; will be buying the Avent breast pump soon.

Hi ladies,

was reading up on disposable breast pads and all that. How do we use that? Is it to be used with nursing bra only, or regular normal bra also can use the breast pad?

Also, where to buy good nursing bras?

Btw, heard robinsons sale starting this week also

hi mummytobe,

tink d breast pads can b used wif nursing bras &amp; regular normal bras.

i saw some at mothercare, but m not 2 sure whether they r gd or not.

hi, Robinson's sale is on this weekend... as a member i received a $5 discount coupon for this wed n thurs.. maybe it's a preview of the sale? too bad my foot is still not healing well, so prob won't be able to go liao...

Hi everafter,

I was at kaki bukit today, baby hyperstore and baby kingdom..they have some combi strollers. Isetan scotts also. Me also thinking of getting a combi stroller..two way, double fold
happy.gif

Hi Becky_cat,
I called up Robinsons today, they said the sale starts this week..can;t remb she said 24th or 27th..think same as GSS.

Hi mummytobe,
can I have the address of the kaki bukit hyperstore?...
We are intending to get those stroller that can be used from 3-months to abt 3 yrs old. Saw Capella brand, very nice, price after discount abt $200.

Thanks!

Hi Becky_cat,

I think the sale is starting only on 27th/28th.
Hi Vone,
Thanks. I am keeping my fingers cross... hopefully will be able to take the trip without feeling nauseaous. I still vomit once in a while nowsaday. Maybe bb doesn't like the food I eat
sad.gif

Hi Seabreeze,
The avent breast pump that cheap? I thot I saw at Mothercare the pump is selling at 100+? Maybe i saw wrongly.
Anyway, was thinking of buying the storage containers for breast milk. So far, I only saw Avent has that. Does any of you gals know if the the avent containers can fit other brands breast pump?

Morn MTBs, so sianz to come back to work..heehee

Ok, here's the updated version:

<table border=1><tr><td>Mummies To be</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>timie</TD><TD>1st Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cmy</TD><TD>1st Aug</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lib</TD><TD>7th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>chemistry</TD><TD>9th Aug</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tingting</TD><TD>9th Aug</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>everafter</TD><TD>12th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>miso</TD><TD>16th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mummytobe</TD><TD>19th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tulip</TD><TD>19th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ixwong</TD><TD>20th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>hoshi5</TD><TD>23rd Aug</TD><TD>GEH/MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cakey</TD><TD>23rd Aug</TD><TD>TMC/MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>erowen</TD><TD>26/27th Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>wishes</TD><TD>28th Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>vone</TD><TD>28th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>reenie</TD><TD>29th Aug</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cat_tail</TD><TD>30th Aug</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>angel</TD><TD>4th Sept</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Anissa</TD><TD>5th Sept</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>aidanee</TD><TD>11th Sept</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>christina</TD><TD>11th Sept</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ilmare</TD><TD>11th Sept</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>yvonne</TD><TD>11th Sept</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cookies</TD><TD>12th Sept</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>seabreeze</TD><TD>13th Sept</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>snoopy</TD><TD>17th Sept</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Back