(2005/07) Any July 2005 new mums to be?

sp
You bring your prince out shopping often?I only brought him shopping once....any plan for celebration for his one year old?I intend to bring forward baby one year celebn to 23 July as hubby is flying off on his birthday...Probably will cater buffer...

My baby sleep at 10pm but 8.30pm must go to the room...now, am thinking, how to go holiday with him...sure get it big time from him.....
Zen
I think baby loves red colour
Hey mummy...what do you do when baby starts to have a bit of running nose...feed medicine or bring to doctor first?What medicine will you feed?

joy747, good to hear dat its juz the dust datz causing the sneezin
happy.gif

btw, mommies, can i ask abt washing detergents -- how long do we still need to stick to using bb's detergent for washing clothes as well as washing of their bottles/utensils? sometimes my inlaws/parents juz use normal liquid detergent to wash bb's utensils/bottles..not sure is it okie? can i ask mommies here besides kodomo, wat other brands of clothes detergent is okie for bbs? thanks!!

hi mummies, i have something to check with all of you...

i see that there are certain milk powder meant for 1 yr and above. Does our babies need to change to that when they are 1 yr old? Is it necessary and what are the differences in the milk that they are currently drinking now vs. those meant for 1 yr old and above?

My gal is currently drinking NAN HA 2 and i remember the milk container says for above 6 months... so, need to change or not? Have a bit of phobia in changing, cos the other time when i tried to change (from NAN HA 2 to NAN 2), she got constipation, really poor thing...

Any mummies can advise?

another thing just popped into my mind... want to ask if any mummies experience the same thing...
whenever i talk to my gal, she tends to be more interested in other things (like looking around, etc.)... and i find it hard to accept cos is it bcos she don't understand what i'm trying to tell her or simply she 'bo-chup'?
sad.gif

timie, i can only answer the question on the brand of clothes detergent... kodomo is good but i don't think it works well for front load washing machines (too much bubbles)... another brand is i think pigeon (it's in powder form and comes in a box), shld be able to find it easily in Kiddy Palace and supermarkets... apparently this brand is better for front load washing machines...

and yes, it would be good to know how long do we need to stick to bb's detergent and washing liquid for their bottles?

For me, I stick to baby detergent as long as two years old for my gal as baby skin is sensitive...For bottle washing, I did it till one year old...

For switching of milk from one year, I think due to the content...plim, you may switch gradually...

Good thing for milk powder for above one year, its so much cheaper.....

Timie, thanks, yes just sneezing...three teeth on top coming out togehter....

joy747,
the last round when hh started running nose, we gave him medicine as we already hv the medicine for cold from his previous visits to the PD. Only after he started fever a few days later we took him to see PD.

I love shopping so every weekend sure take hh with us to shopping centre, hehehe.

timie,
we've been using Amw*y detergent to wash bb's bottles, my MIL said it's very good. as for clothes, my MIL uses the anti-bacterial Dynamo liquid detergent since birth. so far so good as she uses very little detergent and puts the clothes thru longer cycles.

plim,
we r still giving hh the step 1 FM as the tin says it's for 0-12 mths. After that we most probably will change to step 2 which is for 6+ mths.

Bella she bo-chup u huh? my hh also, I'm immune already, hahaha.

Hi Sp

I will be in Malacca next Mon to wed....so how u wanna me to meet u?? Dun have A/R when in Malaysia ler...how??

sp
What is the flu medicine that your pd give you?
How many mummy here is actually from malaysia as stay in malaysia...interesting...

sp/joy, ic... what brand of FM are both of u using for your babies?

sp, yalor, so upset when she ignore me... weird thing is, whenever daddy speaks to her or without even looking at her, she will already smile at him liao ....

re: 1st birthday...
finally ordered a cake from Jane's cake station... bought a small one to try out, tastes really yummy... but the down-side of it is that, they do not have a lot of designs and most of it are stick-ons for the cartoons...

Hi Plim

Me really busy these few days. Hb sick and I think I am going to sick too. Very sianz..

My girl also taking NanHA2. In fact, she has stomach upset when I switch her to Nan2, so PD ask me switch back. Now I am still mixing Nan Ha 2 and Nan 2 for her. No rush to change them to the next stage of milk powder like Gain IQ yet. They can still continue to take the stage 2 fm even after 1 year old.

Hi timie

I have switch to the normal detergent to wash clothes for my bb since 7 months. No problems leh... In fact, I am slowly trying to stop sterlising her bottles.... Hehe.

plim, joy747, sp..hmm..ic..i find kodomo okie but it doesnt clean well esp if there r food stains etc..so thot of changin to other brands dat may phaps clean the clothes better..

plim, the other day similac ppl called me to introd the gainIQ to me liao..wah so ks hor..accordin to her, kids at diff stage hv diff nutrients needs so the next stage fm is supp to contain those "neccessary" nutrients for growth+dev at dat age.

aiyo..me still hvnt decide on the cake..jialatz..hb say to go for simple one can liao dun waste too much $ on cakes..looks like no more 3D cake for my boi...
sad.gif

plim, my boi oso ignores me when i try to tok to him sometimes..like i non-existence lidat. i realise i hv to realli capture his attn first b4 tokin otherwise he'll not bother one. he will usually look at me if i call his name so mebe u try to get yr gals full attn first? but i do observe dat he totally ignores us if he's outside cos he's too bz lookin at all the things ard..too many distractions. at tis age, i tink is normal they behave tis way..dun be too upset okie?

tomatoes, do take care, the terrible flu bug gg ard is so "potent"! ..hmm..mebe will grad switch to normal detergent for clothes after 1yr old..shd be quite safe. me sterilise the bottles with hot water only too..too lazy liao..haha..

tomatoes, thanks... i think u better take care of yourself... try to take lots of water and vitamin C... okie? i've switched from sterilising her bottles to rinsing with hot water only, since 9 months...

timie, yalor, i think these people are very pro-active in 'selling' their brand... will decide later if want to switch or not... and hv to do gradual switch...

for cakes, initially i dun wan to waste too much $ also... but end up paying more than wat i expect :-S reason being i wanted the figure 1 and there is a minimum size that i hv to order for that... plus another surcharge for creating the figure *peng*

plim, do they do delivery for the cake? hmm..me tinkin of doing the normal figure 1 cake oso..how heavy is the cake u ordered?

timie,
i did not actually ask if they do delivery or not, cos i stay in sengkang, quite near to Jln Kayu, so no problem for me to pick up myself...

The cake is 10" x 10" (abt 2+kg) and that is the minimum to do a figure 1 cake... the 10" x 10" cake costs $68 and they charge $18 for doing the figure 1 (cost of having to cut and put together a figure 1)... so total still hv to spend over $80 dollars for the cake...

yalor, timie, i've seen catalogues from Jack's place and Bengawan Solo, they dun cost as much lor... but i dunno how the cake taste like... at least for Jane's i know how it taste like and i like it
happy.gif

oh, i remember reading somewhere someone asked about bb's 1st yr birthday where it's some kind of a tradition to put some stuff (e.g. pen, calculator, etc.) on a tray and getting them to pick an item (can't find the post)... so, i've heard abt this also... what do we need to put for them to pick ah?

tomatoes,
pls take care, try to sleep more and take more vit C rich foods...

plim,
wah, so ex the cake!
hh is taking Bebelac, not sure if this brand is available in S'pore.

joy747,
err, I don't remember the names of the cold medicine, the milder one is yellow, red one can give for cold as well as for rash and may cause drowsiness.

I'm living in KL, other mummies are all in S'pore except doodbug who's in US. She doesn't post in here anymore though.

love,
hmm, no AR. let me think...

We'll only be in Malacca for a few hrs between 1-6pm, any idea where u'll be during that time on tue? We want to meet Phoebe and Daryll also. Once u know where u'll be u can call me, I'll contact Phoebe and we go to find u.

Hi Sp

Actually dun know where will I be ler....wat is nice there?? maybe u let me know....easier rite??

Hi Mummies

Are your baby very active...moving non stop...how to handle huh?I do not have so much strength, so get the maid to go after him...My gal was not like that when she was a baby.....Any baby makes the first step already?

Rgds,
Joy

hi joy747, yes, my baby also like that... moving non-stop, always want to go down to the floor if you make her sit on your lap and from the floor crawl here and there, then crawl up to u (like wanting you to carry her) then shrink back to the floor again... my mum told me she always have to follow her everywhere, very tiring :p..

my baby not yet take the 1st step... dun think will b soon cos she dun cruise ard much also...

urs?

Not yet first step. I think usually boys are slower...unless he proved me wrong.My gal walked at around 10 months....This baby is really very active compared to my gal...cannot tahan or maybe I am getting old..hahaha

hi joy747/plim, my boi oso same la..veri active..up n down..always crawlin all over me..one moment wan carry next moment wan to get down..try to let him play wif his toys after a while oso still crawl to me..tirin..cos gotto watch over him all the time..sometimes too tired then put him in his cot..he yell n yell..then i ignore him..haha..he's not walkin yet..

wow. why all the babies here are so active huh? That is the reason why I cannot wait for him to walk by himself...so I no need keep catching him, that wriggling like a worm.....Are the baby gals here also like that?

hmm my baby is far far from all your babies. she's still sitting on my lap but likes to grab things. wen in buses or mrt, her favourite thing are the poles.
sometimes i wish she can walk ard, i tink i dun mind catching her but wen i hear ppl complaining, maybe i should treasure her moment now.. hehe.

but u guys should be happy cos activeness is better..
happy.gif

good mornin mommies!! yea! it's friday again!
happy.gif

joy747, i thot when they start to walk ard, it wd be tirin too coz we gotto watch out for them grabbin things n explorin "forbidden" plcs? haha..mebe by then they dun wan us to baobao oredi..so now better bao more..
btw, mommies, can i ask how can we protect bbs' feet/sole when they crawl all over? cos i noticed my boi has a blister (broken) underneath his big toe, in betw the folds, tink he muz hv been using dat part of the sole to scoot ard or try to stand up so developed a blister..duno wat to do wif it lei..shd i juz leave it? cos scare infection since the skin has broken..shd i let him wear shoes now? a bit strange to wear shoes at home...

Morning Mummies =) TGIF...

Timie > You're early =p

I've read somewhere that it's better for babies learning to walk to be shoeless at home.

My princess is getting very active.. refusing to sit down and always wanting to cruise around.

Hey mummies.. we really should arrange to meet up lei. Then our prince and princesses can meet new friends.

There's an article on Globetrotter today in Today papers. Maybe a good place for our first meeting. Anyone keen?

timie,
maybe just let him wear those socks with non-slip rubber underneath for the foot with the blister?

nur, joy747, timie, plim,
my boy also very active, but once a while he'll hv his moody days where he'll keep wanting u to carry.
crazy.gif

<font color="0000ff">love</font>,
my hb just found an old Malacca brochure, from the map can see that yr hotel is near Mahkota Parade shopping centre. I've been there, it's too quiet, I'm too used to busy &amp; crowded shopping malls, hehehe.

As for where to go, most interesting would be A Famosa Resort where they have safari, water park etc. That is quite a distance away from yr hotel, u may want to ask yr hotel to make transport arrangement for u. It'll be a full day trip and I think may not be able to visit all the attractions inside. My hb was there 2 years ago for his co trip, he stayed inside the Resort, 2D1N trip can't finish visiting everything.

Within the Malacca historical town itself where yr hotel is, u can visit the old red Dutch buildings in the town centre which is a short walk away from yr hotel. A little further away will be Jonker Street where there's some pretty decent food and souvenir shopping.

I think once u arrive and pick up a brochure, u'll know what you want to do liao, hehe. Just call me once u know where u'll be on tue afternoon, we'll make our way to where u r, and I'll contact Phoebe, hehe.
happy.gif

Hi Mummies

Side track...anyone has good eye cream/Gel to recommend...due to sleepless night taking care of baby earlier months, now, got lines and wrinkles...have tried estee lauder adv night repair and it seems to have milia seeds....any advice ??thanks

hi timie,

my gal had exactly the same condition as your boy, initially it looked like a blister then later on looked like a corn... asked the PD and he said probably due to some friction caused when she rubs her feet against surface... the skin under the big toe also dry and peeling off... PD suggest to put moisturizer/cream on it ...
that's what i did and now she's ok (after 2-3 wks)... give it a try...
happy.gif

plim,

globetrotter's is at united square. think it's on the 3rd level if i'm not wrong.

they even have baby food menu, like teething rusks and gerber jar food.

tho i think the toddlers will enjoy it more but i think it's a good place to meet up as fellow parents tend to be more forgiving towards crying babies.. heh =p

sp/plim, may consider lettin him wear a sock if it worsens, but i've started to put a bit of moisturisin cream on it, but juz scare may trigger infection since the skin is broken..plim, wat cream did u use?

joy747, i've bot the supp u recommended..haha duno isit after takin hor, ytd he pooped 5 times!! haha..but normal pastey poop la..seems like good for clearin the system!! thanx!

bluez, u've been there? is the bb food foc? heeee...

timie, the moisturising cream i put for her is just normal johnson baby cream, think any baby moisturising cream shld be fine... this is more to keep the area moisturised... but do see if the broken skin is very bad... scared the moisturizing cream might sting the baby... i applied the cream on the corn-like thing as well as on the peeling skin on her toe...

plim, ic..thanx..i'm oso using the j&amp;j bb lotion. seems like when i apply, he din make noise tho it looks kinda red n raw.. hmm..sometimes i tink he's quite insensitive to pain..like 2 nites ago he fell flat on one side of his face, cried for a while..then ytd i saw the bruise on his face, i pressed it n he has no rxn..strange..mebe dat explains why when i beat his hand quite hard he can still smile at me..haiz..

timie, u're quite right... i think they are a bit insensitive to pain at this age... my dad always say so too... cos when she fell down, she don't seem to feel the pain, unless it's really a hard fall/knock... hope ur boy is ok now
happy.gif

plim, he seems ok. it wasnt a fall fr high plc..juz lost his balance off the mattress..but was a heavy plop..haha mebe he's too heavy la. personally i'm ok to them gettin some lite knocks n bumps esp since mine is a boi..let them suffer a bit of pain rather than being overprotective la..keke..juz dat my mil veri heartpain lor n scolded my fil for not lookin over him dat nite..yr gal fell too?

timie

You may want to cut down the amount and mix little bit around the porridge as his system might not be able to absorb it for now....

timie, my gal did fall down when she was abt 6 mths (that time she learnt how to flip)... she fell from bed(mattress) to platform then to floor... only when i picked her up then she cry, but only short while...
nowadays, she's exploring everywhere, sometimes will lose her balance and just hit something, but most of the time she will continue playing or doing whatever she was doing...like not pain like that... hahaha

Hi Ladies,

Me MIA for a long long time &amp; am back again! hehe.

Hmm, for a quick update, i have tendered my resignation &amp; my last day will be 30 this mth. So i shall be a SAHM for the time being &amp; if possible until #2 is at least 18 mths.
happy.gif

How everyone here? doing fine?

Hi Ginsengmum,

So envious &amp; happy for you. Great to be able to stay home to see our little ones grow. They just grow up way too quickly.

You're expecting no. 2?

Hi Bleuz,

nothing to envy lah, me not working means 1 income less, &amp; it means tt really really have to watch my spending liao.
sad.gif

Yup, i am expecting #2. EDD for #2 is somewhere 2 jan next yr.
happy.gif

Back