(2005/07) Any July 2005 new mums to be?

sp,
wat u mean by cant bye2 properly and wave at the wrong person?

zen,
we have screaming babies.. hehe.. i always say to her, babble lah.. hehe..

timie,
ya true they will suddenly develop a skill without me knowing it.

babykhoo,
r u toking my bb? cos my bb can wave and clap hands and shake head to say no. but dunnola whether is she saying no or just shake head for fun. cos even if i didnt ask her anything, she will shake her head. as for wave, she waves very lightly n smoothly so dunno whether is it called wave or not. yr fren's bb dat u say isnt physical, the bb cant crawl but can sit rite?

actually i ask abt the whether yr babies have achieved the clap hands stage is bcs i just wondering whether i can be proud of it or its a skill dat she should have mastered long ago.. u noe la, like sitting at 6mth, standing at 10mths, etc.

Hi mummy out there

Just wanna check with you mum how many naps is your baby taking per day ...and how long is their awake time...My ten months baby take two naps per day. He can stay awake for 3.5h in after waking in the morning and another 3.5h after first nap and stay another3.5h before night sleeping...

<font color="0000ff">Hi Joy

My gal is the worst of all. She only takes 2 naps of 30min each during the day. But at nite, she will sleep by 9.30pm all the way till 7.30am</font>

Hi Nur and all

I think for most babies, as long as you make conscious efforts in repeating the gestures, they will do it after some time...Like when I first had my gal, am so anxious when she will read abc,sing songs etc...now, I just leave it as I know eventually my baby will know all that, it does not matter now or later...as long as he is a happy baby and growing well..agree?

Tomatoes

Wow, she is a power napper....she keeps you very busy huh?What do you do with her during her wake time?My baby will sleep around ten and wake up drink milk around 6.30am and sleep till 8.30am...

<font color="0000ff">Joy,

She just like to play &amp; play, crawl here and there, mess up things during the day when she is not napping. My mother (caregiver) said she tabolei tahan as she has to accompany her when she doesn't sleep. hahaha</font>

I can fully understand what your mum go thr...so, its your turn over weekend, right?I guess as long as she is not cranky, with little nap its still fine...my baby will get cranky after 3.5h and he has to nap...By 8.30pm, he will need to go to the room to look for his comfort zone or will be very cranky if he continue to be downstair in the living room....

hi tomatoes,

my tabi oso dont nap much in the day. like ur bb lah....play play play. like to mess up the whole house. she usually take 2 naps each abt 1.5 hrs or less. but at nite she'd sleep at abt 7+ then will make abit of noise at ard 2+ in the morning to ask for milk (with eyes close most of the time) then sleep till abt 6+ or 7am. very tiring in the day lah....like ur mum say lor have to keep her company while she's awake. think she gets distracted very easily thats y sleep so little.

Hi Babykhoo and tomatos

Since your baby sleeps so little, how you all handle them over the weekend...For me, first gal also something like that but this second baby,I make sure he has a routine so that he has a structured nap time....Or less he will also be distracted and refused to sleep...I believe in adequate rest for him...that is my thoughts...there again...as long as baby is happy and still very alert, that is fine...I wanted him to rest so I can have more time for myself too....

hi joy747

how u schedule structured nap time? i wan to oso but i can't force tabi to nap in the day. don't know y for her nite sleep its so much easier, as long as bring her into the room by 730pm she'd sleep in less than half hour. but in the day its so much more diff. if she's not tired enough she won't sleep no matter wat i do. when she's tired i jus hve to put her on her bouncer and give her milk she'd doze off in less than 5 mins.

<font color="0000ff">Hi babykhoo

At least tabi can sleep for 1.5 hours during her nap... Mine is like 30min... everytime my mum would say "huh? so fast wake up" to my gal. haha

Hi joy

I am used to keeping her accompanied full day during weekends. No choice since she doesn't sleep much.</font>

Hi Babykhoo

Good questions...I make it a routine for aedann since birth , and make adjustment now and then for as he grow older, his wake time will get longer...But like now, I know he will be tired after three hour, I will try to pat him to sleep, though he refused as there are so many things he yet to explore but I will patiently pat him till he dose off...So, it becomes a habit that he will sleep after certain time frame......

hi mommies,

my boi takes 2-3naps a day..in the past we used to hv so much problem makin him sleep or even when he sleeps it was only for veri short period like 15-20mins..then he wd wake up n refused to slp..but after he moved on to the crawlers grp in his ctr, they hv a structured schedule whereby all bbs eat/play/sleep at specific times..so less distractions n he can now sleep better with AM nap betw 45min-1.5hr and PM nap for abt 1.5-2hr..at nite he sleeps abt 9pm to 7am, but does wake up for a feed at abt 3 or 4am. it is true dat wif a fix schedule now, it helps me a lot when i tk care of him at home during wkends, cos i juz try to follow the ctr's schedule. but if we go out the schedule goes haywire cos he refuses to slp..prob too many distractions n things to see..then much later he becomes overtired n cranky..will hv a hard time makin him slp..

tomatoes, sometimes during his PM nap, he wd sleep for 30mins then suddenly open his eyes big big..but we try to make him go bk to sleep..n most of the time he will after a while..if not he will be kinda cranky cos not enuf slp mah..if he slps enuf his mood after dat will be veri much better n cheerful
happy.gif

babykhoo/ joy747,

i do the same as Joy747..let him play but need to watch out for his zzz cue..for my boi when he starts to get sleepy he'll rub his eyes a lot but yet can cont to play non stop..i tk his rubbin eyes cue then stop him fr playin n put him in a quiet environ to rock him to slp..at times he will resist, wanna sit up n still hopin to play, but muz be firm lor..after 5-15min he'll zzz..for my boi if he still sees a lot of ppl or noise ard..he'll resist slp..wanna kaypoh so i make sure 'unnecessary'ppl r not ard or tv vol lowered..

Hi Timie

You put your baby to a centre?What centre is it?You are a working mum?Just shared with you mums, during my baby initial month, I trained my baby has structured feed and nap and mil critised me behind for Du si su...baby wants to sleep will sleep...and when she cannot make baby sleep she will blame it on the noise somewhere....Anywhere, she is out of my way now.

joy747,
yea me workin mom lei
sad.gif
so hv to put my boi in infant ctr..haiz..my mil oso always say aiya he dun wan to slp nvm lor..or let him slp later (at nite) then he will wake up later in the morning..geezz..realli beh tahan cos whenever she's ard, all planz disrupted..but i had to be firm..when its 8plus at nite i take over fr her n bring him into the room to prep him for zzz..initially when i say bedtime..she quickly walk away wif my boi..bring him to balcony or some other corner to play..*faint*..realli..my mil oso say the same thing as yrs..! haiz..some nites she even tries to carry n pat him to slp while tokin loudly..how to sleep lidat?? then she says see he not sleepy la..
kao_angry.gif

I guess old folks are like that...If we need their service then we have to ren....
I remember my mil talking loudly to me too when I was patting my baby to sleep...can you imagine the madness within me>>>

Hi mummy

How much milk is your baby taking now?Do you dilute the milk?As in three scoop for 180 water, do you give more water?Recently, though i dilute the milk, my bby still have lots of "eye shit" or we called it yellow eyes discharged...chinese says heaty...anyone has got any idea? Thanks

hi joy747,

bb at this age shd hv abt 500-600ml of milk per day. as to diluting, i cant advise as i'm still tbf my gal. as for h2o, no matter what's the milk intake, water shd be given as &amp; when coz sg has a hot climate.

i think if bb heaty should give more fruits if cant give enuf water. like for tabi, she doesn't like to take much water thru out the day so i have no choice have to give her more fruits. in a day i will give her at least 2 to 3 servings of fruits....tats the only way for me to give her more liquid and fibre. furthermore tabi doesn't take much milk, like joyfulstar say should have at lest 500-600ml of milk each day bt my tabi only takes at most 480ml a day, including nite feed. sometimes really bo pian her lah........since birth her milk intake has been less than other bb.

I think my baby has 920ml of milk and two solid feed.I do not really expose much fruits to him as yet.He does take in extra plan water as well. Maybe boys take in more than girls....

joy747

WOwwww 920ml? alot leh...How many feeds did you give?My boi is not very keen in milk now.only abt 200ml each time in the morning,noon n bedtime.He is more interested in the food we take.He will yell at us whenever he see us having our meal.

Mummies
When can we actually start changing the formula? Any brands you mummies have in mind?Like Gain IQ etc..

Zen

You actually reminded me that baby will soon be on changing formula..probably I will be giving Gain IQ just like for my older gal.My baby has one feed morning,before nap, 4plus and 9pm.That makes four feeds.

Oh yes, mummy, what are the food and fruits have your baby tasted?I keep my baby taste bud very simple and plain...

Nur

I do not know whether baby can eat cold fruits like you mention. Thr my first experience, fruits from fridge is better leave to room temperature before serve.I remember last time when I feed my gal with fruits like apple, papaya, she always ended up with very loose stool....For my baby, I will start with apple but stew it first, to remove the acidity and add some chinese herb , so that will not cause phelgm./.....

Babykhoo

Your baby fully recovered already?Any celebration for all the one year old baby/

I am still thinking hard as hubby will not be in town for his birthday and I do not really like to celebrate his birthday so advance...not yet one....lost the meanings....Hey, my friend told me they actually have a ritual like buying kuah for the baby to step, calculator, chicken and something else for baby to select...anyone heard of it....

zen, i tink i'll give gain iq cos its the follow on after similac.. but ex hor.. hmm...

joy747, i also dunno wat to do for bb first birthday.. me not creative at all la.. dun have idea one..

may i ask, babies in here all go for swimming oredi? for gals, wat do yr baby gal wear? two piece, normal one piece, wet suit or wat? any precautions for me to take? mayb like have to apply sunblock or have to wipe her or watsoever?

so is the gathering confirm?

Hi Nur

I used to bring my elder gal for swim when I stayed in condo.Now, I do not venture it for my son as if he catch a chill, I will be in deep trouble...I intend to do it when he is much older...My gal almost drowned when she was young ...we just turned our head around and she was out of the ring and her face turned blue....

hey mummies...

how have all of u been..
happy.gif
the thread has grown.. keke.. dun haf time to read all of the previous posts..
happy.gif
time really flies... our babies almost turing a yr old soon le!
happy.gif

nur,
i hv brought my gal for swimming twice so far coz it's either due to bad weather, hfmd happening previously or she's down with flu. she wore a wetsuit coz not so cold as compared to bikini. Usually, i'll apply sunblock 30mins b4 the swim. u dont need to wipe it of coz after swim just shower her will do.

re: cold fruits
nur, try to cool them b4 giving ur gal so at least it's not too cold which may cause cold &amp; cough. But, heeeeheeee... sometime, i forget to do that too &amp; bernice loves it when the fruits are super cold. i'll see how's her health conditions b4 giving her cold fruits.

joy747,
yes agreed with u tt boys' intake are usu much more than girls'. one of my gf's son drinks 240ml of milk per feed and he has abt 4 milk feed &amp; 3 solid feed a day. Really power....

oh what a close shave!!! Thank God that ur gal is safe. wow.... face turned blue is so scary!!!

so can our bb eat watermelon?

joyfulstar,
wen did u buy yr gal the wetsuit? actually wat i wanna ask is that, bb grow very fast so i was afraid that if i buy the wet suit this mth, two mths later or so cannot use oredi..
hmm how much u buy the wetsuit huh? sure ex rite..

Joyfulstar
My boy actually lost weight after the neubiliser...I guess each kid has their own grow spurt...as long as they are healthy, stomach can take the food, not bloated, I think just let them be, agree?
Nur, wetsuit is not expensive....

halo mummies, aiyoh, i tot the thread became quiet since last week, cos i'm so reliant on the automatic emails that are sent to my email account... and hvnt been receiving them since last week... weird... this morning happen to come in to this forum to post something then i realised i missed out so many posts... :p ... catching up on the reading now...

re: sleeping times
my gal normally gets tired/sleepy after 2-3 hrs... especially in the morning, after she wakes up abt 7+ or 8+ am, after having milk and biscuits, she will be a bit sleepy already... so i will try to make her sleep after 2 hrs... she will sometimes sleep for an hour or sometimes more, it really depends (one time, she sleep for 3 hrs!), and later on in the afternoon she will take another nap, 1-2 hrs or shorter... and depends on what time she wakes up from her afternoon nap, we'll make her sleep (max. 30 mins) towards the evening time (cos her bedtime is only 10+, sometimes 11! On some days, she can really sleep a lot, on others, just 1 hr nap thru-out the day can keep her going :S

re: this sat's gathering (10 jun)... it's on right? perhaps tomatoes you can pm us ur address?

Hi Mummies..

It's the Mondae blues again =( Am sooo sleepy coz Kellis was up a couple of times last nite and took awhile to get back to sleep after waking around 5am. Pengz...

Was at the Motherhood exhibition yesterday. Seems alot less crowded this year. Any mummies went as well? Bought some Healthy Times jar food as there was a promotion.

Nur,

I bought the websuit for my gal from I-Play. Think it's around $20+. Like it coz it's a swim diaper. So incase she poos, it won't leek into the pool.. eeks... =p i bought it a couple of months back and she's still able to fit into them (loose still actually) so think your gal shouldn't outgrow it so soon. =)

Hi Saintbaby,

Long time no post.. how you? =) How's Kirsten?

Mummies..

Was wondering if any of you have got suggestions. Kellis has now learnt to stand up on her own in her cot and simply luffs jumping while holding on to the side rails. I find it extremely dangerous. She used to cry after waking up as she couldn't move around on her own but now, she'd happily sit up on her own and attempt to stand and jump without us knowing (somehow she knows when to keep quiet.. sighz)

Just wondering if any of you have gone through this or are going through this stage and how you resolved the problem. A friend puts her baby to sleep in her playpen to prevent her from falling over. Don't think my princess will sleep in her playpen so am clueless as to what to do.

Any suggestions or advice? =)

<font color="0000ff">Mummies

Sorry but I think I need to postpone this sat gathering as my hb down with bad flu today. I very scared that my bb and me will kenna, then later pass the flu bug to you all this sat.

Will arrange with you all again. Pai seh! Paiseh! ;p </font>

Hi Bleuz

I faced the same problem as you initially. My gals also love to jump while holding on cot rails. Then she lost her balance and knocked her head a few times. Then my hb suggested to put more cot bumpers. But no much used leh... Now she even has the habit of scratching the cot woods with her teeth... Aiyoh.... Really headache.

I dunno think my gals and Kellis will be able to jump over the cot. But anyway, I think we should protect the area around the cot just in case.

plim,
wah, yr gal's bedtime so late one! siong ah! my hh will start getting sleepy after 8pm, sometimes when his evening nap too late (like 7+pm) will merge with his nite sleep, wake up for milk feed in between only, hehe.

joy747,
Aedann is doing well on yr routine, he sleeps well and eats well!

my hh will usually take 2 or 3 naps a day, length and timings erratic, then his milk feed, hmm, the past few days a bit pathetic, only 3.5oz max per feed no matter how many times we try to feed him.
crazy.gif

tomatoes,
hope's yr hb recovers quickly.

bleuz,
gosh, sounds like u had a rough nite. hope tonite will be good &amp; u can catch up on yr sleep.

re: swimming
joy747,
yr experience was so scary! that's my fear too, so until now still haven't brought hh to swim yet. heard shld expose them to swimming b4 they reach 1 yo, time's running out...
lame.gif

tomatoes, no worries, just let us know when u're ok... mayb more mummies will join us the next time
happy.gif

sp, yalor, her bedtime very late... but good in a way cos during weekends we hv a tendency to go out and come back late, sometimes 9+, 10, so come back JIT for her bedtime...

bluez/tomatoes, right now my girl still cannot stand on her own (can only stand holding on to furniture), so she don't jump yet. but one thing i realise is, she likes to hold on to the cot railing and bend her body down (outside of the cot). the 1st time i saw it i quickly rushed to her... scared she fall down... but it seems that she enjoys it :S hv been asking my hb to position the cot to the lowest possible level but he hasn't done it (luckily i don't put her in the cot often)... however, at the play pen at my mother's house, what bella will do is, she will hold the railing of the play pen and then let go (and she will fall back and land on her bum)... she seems to enjoy it, we just afraid that she bump her head... but luckily play pen softer than cot... i guess at this stage, they just enjoy things that they werent doing when they were younger and less mobile... just hv to foolproof the house/areas better and keep better watch on them....

Hi plim

Ya, hope next round, more mummies can join
happy.gif

Talking about falling, my girl likes to hold on to my bed headboard and let go to fall on her back (on my matteress). She really enjoys it and can laugh and laugh... but wonder it is bad for her brain due to the impact.

Hi Mummies

I think baby of the same age are doing almost the same thing...very interesting.My baby cruise holding on to the playpen.Upon waking up in the morning, he will stand at the baby cot...To prevent him banging onto the cot wood, I put comforter around the wood...better as he used to bang when he was around 6months old...He is a very active baby, like worms..never stop moving...very hard to carry him...
Tomataos, my baby also like to reach out to the bed headboard and fall back...and he will laugh....They are all like that....

morning mommies!
took leave yesterday to hv a break wif hb after 1-2wks of takin care of my boi..phew..finally he's bk to his bouncy self..am so glad
happy.gif
hope all bbs r happy n healthy!!

joy747,
my boi's milk intake is abt 210ml 3x per day, tho i suspect if i give him more he'll still gulp them down..his tummie seems like a bottomless pit dat i'm a bit scared we give him too much then his stomach expands too fast..
uhoh.gif

recently we made him tk his own bottle when he drinks n he gladly does dat. after he finishes his milk, he'll remove the bottle n wanna throw it on the floor..haiz..can ask mommies if yr bbs like to throw things/toys?? cos my boi veri jialatz la..everythg dat he grabs he'll throw veri hard..oso can ask mommies here how to train bb to drink fr sippy cup? i bot the cup but he juz doesnt know how to use the straw/suck...

plim, my boi oso same as yr gal..still muz hold on to the cot railings or onto us then he can stand..muz quickly lower yr cot to lowest level to play safe..veri dangerous la..i kept naggin my hb to do it last mth n he kept procrastinatin until i told him the "horror" stories of bbs fallin etc..heee..then he quickly did it.

my boi oso bump here n there..no amt of bumper can cushion him la, so juz let him bump a bit lor..cruel mommie..hahaha...

timie, good to hear that your boy is alright now...
happy.gif

sigh.. my gal refuses to take her own bottle and we always have to make her hold it by bringing her hand and hold it together with her... she, however, will tend to move it away towards the end of the drink and refuse to take it anymore once we put it back to her mouth... :S

i think kids at this age have the tendency to throw things... throwing hard or not i dunno leh...

as for drink from sippy cup... i don't think my gal knows how to do that... even for drinking (sucking) from milk bottle she refuses, anyone have that same problem? dunno if it's bcos we never let her drink water until 5 mths when we started her solids? but then again, weird thing is, if you feed her water from a spoon, she'll gladly take it
uhoh.gif

ya ya, timie, think will nag my hb to move the cot to the lowest level :p

Hi timie and plim

Yes , my baby is holding his bottle too and drinking water from straw but I have to monitor or he suck too fast and will choke...he enjoys new experiement like this...Hey, does your baby sneexe on and off for no reason?Some told me its due to teething...just discovered he has got three teeth on top coming out together...No wonder he has been cranky....

Regarding lowering baby cot, I done it quite a while ago as my gal when she was seven months, fall right from the cot , as in head down seven years ago and I was so scared and I do not want history to repeat......good day....

hi, love,
oops, got yr sms yesterday, just replied u.
happy.gif

timie,
glad yr boy is ok!

joy747, plim, timie, tomatoes,
my hh also likes to fall backwards on the bed, he loves to throw or drop things, recently started "collecting" food in his mouth and spitting it all out... big headache trying to feed him.

he still doesn't know how to suck from straw. we are still holding the bottle to feed him. sometimes when he holds the bottle, he tends to play with it by twisting the bottle left right left right and not drinking.

plim,
my boi hates plain water..everytime gotto 'bluff' him to drink water..haiz..one trick i learnt is to give him somethg..a toy or tissue pack then he'll be bz wavin it n in the process blur blur drink his water..if not he'll juz sweep the bottle away..at least yr gal's willin to tk water fr the spoon..mine will let the water dribble out of his mouth..juz cant stand it..

joy747, i guess sneezin occassionally is okie? but if its quite frequent n start to hv some mucous flowin out then mebe is runny nose liao..so juz monitor lor..teething will cause sneezin?

sp..haha..my boi did dat too..the collection of food in his mouth..it was like he suddenly paused then look blur then when i tell him "ahh" to feed him, he opened his mouth n i see all the food still inside..duno to laugh or cry..scolded him a bit then he quickly swallowed it..seldom spit it out..onli when he's too full or the texture too rough or food too hot..he'll spit..mebe u muz tell hh cannot do dat
happy.gif

Hi timie

Yap, been monitoring my baby for a week...no flu just sneeze..I guess its the dust trap inside and his nose is more sensitive...

Using spoon to drink water/My baby will blow water and make the water sound for fun,....He is quite all right in drinking from bottle or straw....

My son watched his elmo show when eating...not sure its good or bad...but he enjoys it and I do not need to fight with him....But, suddenly he becomes less willing to finish his milk...do not know why...

Joy747
Hey,my boi enjoys elmo too.I brought him to united sq meet &amp; greet Elmo last week.He was screaming with excitement.And he keeps tapping on elmo shoulder when taking pic.haha.Like seeing his "oh xiang".So funny

Collecting of food
My boi likes to "collect" food in his mouth too.He will juz sit n daydream with his food in his mouth.If i "ahh" to feed him,he will "fake" vomit.Really beh tahan...

Sp
Aiyo,plim's gal sleeping hour is not late lo.My boi sleeps at 11+ leh
sad.gif

zen,
huh, 11+ only sleep ah, so late, very tiring for u all! the only good thing is can bring him out till late.

my boy starts winding down after 8pm, so when bring him out for dinner or shopping will hv to deal with cranky bb, hehehe.

Back