(2005/07) Any July 2005 new mums to be?

Plim
I think she will soon be able to walk...Its always an exciting experience when you see your baby starts walking....They look a bit like peguin, with two hands up, trying to balance themself....

Hi Tomatoes,

Yah.. menses going haywire already.. So I don't know when I'm ovulating (if at all).

Babykhoo...

Wah.. Tabi is taking baby steps already. How exciting!! =)

Hi SP,

Will you be coming down to SG anytime soon? Must let us know okie and we'd arrange to meet up.

Btw.. any mummies here send your little ones to Growing Up Gifted?

Hi mummies...
so long neber come in here liao...just came back from Malacca trip wif Nat n hubby....1st ttrip wif baby....still managable....

Met SP too...nice meeting her n HH....

My Nat also can walk wif the support....now she can walk by holding tables n chairs....n she can even climb up sofa liao.....hahaha....

so many mummies tryong for No 2 already?? I will wait till Nat is older den decide....cannot image chasing after Nat while having No 2....so tiring...

Hi Joy747,

Growing Up Gifted is a enrichment school at united square. Apparently very popular with parents. So wondering if anyone has sent their children there.

OK...Thanks...no for my baby...will not send him to any enrichment school till he is much older...I send my gal at 18mths to montistori,2.5years to pre school...I think its a bit too early when think back....But, first time parent, inexperience and that is why.....

Bleuz,
Shanice was with GUG for 2 terms. going to stop her liao.

Personally i think their prog is quite fun. but go for some time liao, will be a bit bored lor. So decide to drop her liao

bleuz,
sorry we not coming to S'pore so soon, not sure when will we hv the courage to travel so far...
lame.gif

ginsengmum,
will u let Shanice go other enrichment class after she stops going to GUG?

joy747,
too early better than too late or never hor, hehehe. I still haven't decided which enrichment class to enrol my hh, think most probably will let my hb decide
wink.gif

sp

I guess as you know kids in singapore will always go to enrichment class at a very early age..I am a bit kia si as I do not want my baby immunity keep putting on challenge....that is the only drawback....

Hey mummies,

re: enrichment classes
i guess not really necessary now. hm based teaching is more than enough as bb learn alot from how we parents behave. heehee.... got to behave well to be their role model in learning everything.

Re: walking
Bernice has been trying to let go the things she's holding & attempting to walk on her own. did 2 steps then bum on her butt.ya.... walking super fast w e walker or chairs @ hm. but, she still needs confident to really stand on her own.

ginsengmum,
is gug real gd??? we actually went for a trial & we find the prog very rojak. sing songs, puppets,mandarin, story telling & craft @ one go.... Heee.... we find them no gd actually. i guess it's popular due to its name. Growing Up Gifted.

Joyfulstar
Agreed with you that enrichment class is not necessary now..home based is more than enough.I remember my gal went to the montistori class,part of it was learning how to hold a spoon properly and I paid so much for the lessons...think back...wasting money....maybe, I was deprived a chance to meet other parents and thus took that opportunity to unwind.....

sp,
going to stop shanice from enrichment class for the time being since i can teach her at home next time.
happy.gif

Joyfulstar,
I guess the class u attended is on wkday class? wkend class dun have chinese segment one. basically what they teach is zoophonics, sing songs, then alternate wk will be story telling or confidence building session. puppets is for the zoophonics
happy.gif

but i think after attending for a term or so, u'll find that the prog are more or less the same lor, tt's one of the reasons Y i'm going to discontinue.

If you are in for flashcard, BJG mite be a better option. but for me, i do flashcard session with shanice myself lor.

Joy,
I think another reason Y ppl let their child attend enrichment class is for the kids to mingle lor. This is esp so if the child doesn't goes to childcare etc.
happy.gif

ginsengmum

You are right, basically for kids, or maybe the mum to mingle around...Share with you this, I bring my baby last few months, to the nearby park every morning to mingle , he is always sitting on the stroller...guess what, his fequency of falling sick is so often and its tiring for me(open air tho), so I stop.Now, its been more than a month that I do not fequent the park anymore...he is okay.The park is a popular one ...many people will walk via there to the MRT in the morning.....my two cent of thoughts....As it is, I am very kiasi...unless I do not mind his immunity challenge kept putting in challenge.....If he is older, his body system is much developed, than,its okay...maybe its due to my chinese physician advice....or past experience with my gal....

Good morning all.

My gal's rite eye lid is really very swollen today due the sickening mosquitoes. Haiz. My hb brought her see PD liao. Hopefully she will be better soon. See her eyes lidat really very heartpain.

Btw, do you all think I should start my bb on cod liver oil to build up immunity huh? I checked with my PD and he said Scott Emulsion can only be taking after 1 year old. But he is selling a concentrated cod liver oil meant for bbs at $30+ a bottle. Dunno if I should try it on my 11month year old bb.

Joy,
ya lor, the little ones r so prone to viruses. but then hor i so scare if dun bring her out, next time she see strangers she scare, then how?

Tomatoes,
ya, scott emulsion can be onli taken after 1 yr old. but i think either nature farm or GNC got sell a type of cod liver oil tt is suitable to babies. u can check with them lor.

tomatoes,
aiyo, her eyelid kena bitten till swollen, so poor thing!
sad.gif

can buy 1 bottle to try hor, by the time finished shld be 1 yr old can take the Scott. let us know if it's good.
happy.gif

here's a pic of hh & Nat taken on Tue at Malacca Pizza Hut, hehehe...
442372.jpg

sp,
u two mummies so cool. meet in Malacca. wow... hh & Nat get to be on a date too. heehee....

ginsengmum,
agree tt our bb have to go out & meet more ppl if not next time see ppl scare. but i think for both Bernice & Shanice, they shd b ok coz they used to be in infant care so alot of exposure already. Heeheee.... also alot of virus previously.... thank God no more virus & gems. as for now, i guess both of em r used to having peers near em. without peers, they may feel strange. tt's y i join an informal playgp of her age to let her mingle.

TALK ABT SCARE OF STRANGERS.... my gal is not scare of strangers. in fact, the opposite, she's so happy when she sees ppl. so worried tt wondering will she just follow a stranger when she older??? i guess not!!! on the contrary, she cries whenever, she sees my PIL. Ha..... ????

by the way, what's BJG???

Joyfulstar,
BJG is baby jumper gym. there's one at bukit gombak, one at orchid country club & another one at the east side lor

Shanice nowdays if strangers approach her 1st & be too friendly, she will cry like siow. i oso dunno Y

My baby has no stranger anxiety or cried when go to unfamilar place.Old folk will say they will become suaku if stay at home too long...Not true...as when try out by bringing him to gathering,,,he is okay...and many say he is alert as well....i guess all these are very indiv.Hey, sp, nice shots..how d u attach the pic?Maybe mummy out there can also attach your little prince or princess pic, for the rest of the mummy to view...good day all...cheers

re: stranger anxiety
my baby wld normally stare at strangers and will have no anxiety unless the person attempt to carry her... and instinct will b such that she will turn to me and hold me tighter...
but there used to b a stage where she will cry when strangers get too friendly... and these strangers can even b her 'nai3 nai1' (grandmother) cos she don't see them very often (once a wk)...

plim,
mine oso lor. if the stranger dun try to be too friendly, she wont mind. but once try to be close to her, she will start to cry or hold tightly to me.

Just went to east shore hospital to get the pd endorse for the insurance claim and saw a very cute baby, that born on 13July....He is walking so steadily and am so amused....His mum basically let him walked freely...even he fall, she is fine....

Hellow everyone!!! Been busy lately so basically just browse through the threads.

Re: Stranger anxiety
So far my boy has been ok. He won't cry but will be a bit shy and lower his head or hide his face. But you can see him smiling. Quite glad in a way... at least he allows anyone to carry him. Otherise I think mummy will suffer.

Re: Walking
Wow... I think Tabi is the most advanced in terms of gross motor skills amongst all the babies here!!! My boy is quite "chicken" so he can only stand without support if he is concentrating on something. If he knows he is not holding to something he will quickly sit down. But at least since last weekend he will experiment standing unsupported. He will squat, stand, squat, stand a few times. I think still a long way to go before he decides to take his first step.

Here's a pretty recent pic of my boy. Hope all mummies will also post some pics of their babies. Now that they are graduating to become toddlers... they look so different as compared to few months back.
442684.jpg

Hi ODIE
My gal just saw your baby pic and said its so cute, eye big big leh...ya...mummy, do post your baby pic....Here is baby aedann N JIE JIE pic....

Hi Joy...

Here's how to resize:

Microsoft Photo Editor
=================
(1) select "Image"
(2) select "resize"
(3) reduce the size by the desired percentage

Paint
====
(1) select "image"
(2) select "stretch/skew"
(3) under "stretch" section, reduce the size by the desired percentage

hi hi,

sounds interesting to share some pics here.... gd idea, odie

442782.jpg
Bernice @ birth - 24th July 2005 @ 2030hrs

442783.jpg
Striking a pose on 11th June 2006

442784.jpg
A little terror on 12th June 2006

442785.jpg
Hooray, I've gotten the remote contral

wah, so fun to come in here and see lovely pics of our bbs!

odie,
yr boy very "pretty" leh, he got big-big eyes and he's sooooo cute!

joyfulstar,
Bernice standing on the arm rest like a bit dangerous hor (12/6), can see she very active and her sweat around her hair.

joy747,
Aedann and Deanna got the same type of "grinning" smile, hehehe. can see yr girl really sayang her little bro.

re: Malacca
actually got 1 more mummy & bb also at the Malacca meet-up, she's standing behind holding her bb...

let me know if anyone coming to Msia, can hv another meet-up, hehehe...

Hi Odie and all

Any idea why my photo image is so small?I went to stretch and select 11 percent...if not, cannot send out?Any advice?thanks

sp,
ya... in fact very dangerous. but i was atnding there all rdy to catch. & indeed she leapt & i caught her. after tt, she tried again. she very active so must keep up with her & think in advance what will she do

joyfulstar,
u all meet up ok, and remember to share pics with poor me - so far away can't join in, hahaha...

love,
it's great to come in here on Monday morning and see lovely sweet Nat! I love her dimples
happy.gif

hi mummies, sharing Bella's photos
happy.gif

444644.jpg

444645.jpg

444646.jpg

See, i realised that she always tip-toe when standing up... does it happen to your babies? How can i make her not tip-toe?

ginsengmum,
wah, Shanice so pretty!!! her cake looks lovely! yum! when did u celebrate her birthday? celebrated early ya...

plim,
Bella's teeth very nicely shaped, hehe. love her cheeky grin. yalor, my hh also tip-toes, sometimes his toes even bend inwards until his toe nails broke.

joy747,
don't know why I think yr Aedann looks more "matured" and grown up leh, maybe his facial expression...

joy747,
your boi look very 'grown up'.I believes he is quite tall rt?

Re:tip toes
my boi always do that.I guess its normal ba...
Heres a pic of my 'shorty Enzo'

444746.jpg
444747.jpg

Zen
Not sure is it due to the tuina that I bring him weekly that helps him to grow tall....

Went Eu Yan sen to check out the dong cong cao...288$..They say its from xi zhan ,quite hesitating to give aedann though its for building immunity as he gets heaty quite easily...any mum here baby is taking DCC?

Zen
I went to yuguo , located behind my house,its at Jalan walkaf...opposite kemangan plaza...He is on tuina since two months old...weekly...I just sent him this morning...basically to maintain good health...One session 16 dollars for around 20 to 30mins....

Baby Food
Hey, so far what variety of food that your baby has been taking?Me intend to try scallop on his porridge tomolo..

Anyone try silver fish and ikan billie?I not feeding baby ikan bilie as I heard that it will cause phelgm....

For cod fish , I did not give as I heard that its from big ocean and they need to preserve it and tend to inject chemical to keep them fresh....so I hold on for fishes from big ocean....

Back