(2005/06) Due in June 2005, Any 1

Golden Couple
I missed the scene too. With TL filling in the story, can somehow picture...these kids are so cute. A & KY really look like xiao qin ren..heehee!

TL
Err..let me figure how to download to picasa b4 sending to all of you. I also not very good at cropping the photos to hid the parents' faces.
I have a very endearing photo of 3 tods sitting on Sally's lap
happy.gif

Glayz
You move on to the new company, i guess you will have lesser chance to login and contribute to this thread and not forgetting BP too. We will miss your "voice" and funny jokes!
All the best in the new job...jia you!

Jaymom
wahahahahahahaha
ya lor... maybe can save more $$$ then,,,wahahahahahahahha

BTW..i where got tell jokes!!!

haiz
I suspect myself falling sick SOON...
my head still hurts... AGAIN.... wah biang...when i tot I finally recover ytd afternoon... think could be flu virus at play..arghhhh

nice pics!

<font color="ff0000">Jasmine</font>
we went for the dancebabes trial last sat. Din inform u cos tat time read tat u not that keen in tat location as too far, this 1 need to pay too. It was a fun trial but too bad the kids there all very young. Ash really enjoys dancing, I think I'll arrange a trial for her at Dancepointe. I just hope she wont cry when she noes i'm not gog to be inside with her.

I din attend the music class cos I noe she will prefer dancing than music. Btw she was very happy when I told her there is another dance class for her.
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Jaymom</font>
Picasa:
1) Just go to www.picasaweb.google.com
2) If you have an acct, just sign in. If no, just sign up for one.
3) Just download a small program that allow you to upload the photos.
Actually don't need the Picasa program to upload pics. This small download makes it faster and easier.
happy.gif

Hey Mummies,
Forgotten to mention that I had a GREAT time over the trial and lunch too! Trial is always FUN when we know each other so well. Hee.
We should also do PG with activities like these. Let's keep our eyes open ok.
wink.gif

eh, the thread is quite quiet today
happy.gif

seimpi trial
thanks for organising the trial. it was good to see all of you again and lunch was fun!
i agree that the course material is too cheem for our young ones and the delivery was disorganised. altho, i felt that the materials were an interesting way to introduce sight reading and strengthen their tiny fingers. i think i'll leave such classes to when A1 is a bit older. she'll just get her music lessons from her vcd!!

and ya, pls forgive me for being a bit anti social, coz am very sleep derived!

Jaymum
jayden is so ticklish! and enthusiastic about the class

Tang ling
many thanks for waiting for me after the class. otherwise, i wouldn't be able to find the restaurant! hehe
A1 walked past JJ, pointed to him and told me - Jing Jie! i'm surprised that she remembers him

Jasmine
KY is getting cheekier! and she's so independant! no problems in following Akinesh to the rides

Forgetmenot
ya, i like your hairdo!!! very nice. i osso wanna do but hair falling out in clusters now....must wait.....

Caymom
hehe both of us had sticky little gals that are stuck on our laps! i think u r rite, A1 did enjoy the class. but i think i'll look out for dance classes as she'll prob enjoy that too. Cay is getting prettier and prettier. i like her big big eyes!

Sally
aiyo....your A is so cute!!! actually cried when Ashley tried to separate his date. am always amazed by how well-equipped u are! your bag is like doremon's.....has everything!! btw, i can get the scissors from kiddy palace?

Shane
too bad u din join us @ the trial. hope to catch up with you some other time!

<font color="ff6000">Ixorarred</font>
Really ah? A1 recognised JJ and could even call his name??? Wah! How did the kiddos remember each other and their names??? Think we are underestimating them. Hee. Feels more like "Growing Up Together" now that they are older.
happy.gif

Talk about that... so paisey I led you for a walk before going to the rstn. Hahaha.
You were anti-social meh? No leh, didn't feel it. Think morning, everyone also a bit 'sleepy'. Hee.

<font color="ff6000">Forgetmenot</font>
Oh, so it was your hair! I thot you looked GOOD and was wondering what was different. :p Yes, the hairdo is nice!
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Jaymom</font>
You know hor, your son was taking sticker from the teacher and dunno why he was on all fours. After he got his sticker, he as-a-matter-of-factly pasted it on Cay's foot! Then he crawled away. Cay stared at the sticker for a while. Hahaha.

TL,
can can, will try to find time to upload. U noe la, me busy w what these few days. Super tired n worn out. Give me time. N thanks for yr pics.

Jaymom,
I wan that pic lei, waiting for that mother of 3 pic. kekeke

Ixorarred,
Yup u can get that from kiddy palace, isetan at S$6.00, with a spoon too. The set looks like this with a casing:
1278751.jpg

Spoon either in orange or green.

<font color="0077aa">Disney on Ice: Mickey &amp; Minnie's Amazing Journey
7-16 Mar, Indoor Stadium</font>
Anyone going? I have already bot tickets and have this voucher for 10% discount (for Cat 2-4) - anyway, Cat 1 are mostly sold out liao.

Anyone interested let me know?

Tang Ling
me not interested.... went to 1 before... FREEZING cold..as raining on that day..me and my sis SOAKING wet...so we freeze our butt off inside...wahahahahahhahahaha

Jaymom
wahahahhahhahaha
U haven have #2 and Jay is on 4...
Sky is on four MOST OF THE TIME la...imitating his sis lor

TL,
which day u book? Cat 1 ah?
A keeps saying he wan to go whenever the advertisement comes out on TV. But me lazy lei. SO far to bring him alone. kekeke
I think think first, dun noe still got good view or not. hmmm Very tempting. Maybank card more disc. Anyone has?

Hi Mummies,

Seems like i have miss alot of gathering with you gals... so sorry for not so active at all in the forum... after i have been in this job the last one year.. i have missed alot of chance surfing &amp; chatting in the forum with you gals
sad.gif

I have missed the trial on the seimpi trial, anyway must also thanks (Sally) for informing me about the trial.
happy.gif

Thanks sally
happy.gif

So everyone not signing up for the music lesson? Please inform me by sms if you can (if there be any more trial on music class ok) :p , coz i realise JH quite like music so thought of letting him go for music class.. )

Anyone there!

I am so sad now
sad.gif
as JH disappoint me so much. I totally ignore him since 9.30pm just now. He kept saying sorry but i just dont talk to him... Am i very bad?
sad.gif
sad.gif

<font color="ff0000">TL,</font>
Thanks for sharing the pics.
happy.gif
cay loves the video the most, kept asking me to replay it.
happy.gif

Kekeke... cay was rather stunned when Jay pasted that sticker on her.

<font color="aa00aa">Glayz,</font>
Wishing you all the best on your first day at work.
happy.gif

Hope you get well soon.

<font color="119911">Ixorarred,</font>
Thanks.
happy.gif
KL is also very pretty. I still remember the look on their faces when we told them to say hello.
lame.gif

<font color="ff6000">Twinklets,</font>
I see. Seems that you are very keen in signing up Ash for dance. I am still undecided. At first I thought my hb definitely prefers music class and I thought he would find Seimpi good since it really intro music but he felt that it is too early and cheem for cay. So now, I have no idea what to do. Sigh.

Good that Ash likes dance. At least she will enjoy herself more if she attends a class that she is interested in. I have yet to know what cay wants.

<font color="0000ff">Jasmine,</font>
I think you should enrol KY in dance class. I can tell that she really likes it and she is so smart to tell it to you. cay cannot lor. I always feel that KY is very intelligent. How did you train her ah?
Let me know when you are going for the class at Singpost. I am still thinking whether to bring both gals down or on separate days. The class suitable for bbcay is just before the class for cay (I think). Actually, I think bbcay will enjoy music lessons more. cay seems to prefer action-packed activities. I just kinda lazy to bring them to different places for class.
lame.gif

<font color="119911">FMN,</font>
Like the others, I am also attracted to your new hairdo. I have been thinking of perming my hair but can't decide what is nice. What kind of perm is that? Is it that same as what Twinklets had?

<font color="ff0000">TL,</font>
We thot of going for the show but decided against it eventually. We went for the Mickey Mouse Magic Show last Dec and cay hardly sat thru it.
lame.gif

<font color="0000ff">Aries,</font>
Glad to hear from you. You sounded rather upset. What did JH do?

<font color="aa00aa">Jaymom/Sally,</font>
Dun forget to share the pics with me after you have uploaded them. Thanks.
happy.gif

Hi...
Actually is that he refuse to call me when i reach my aunt hse, as if i am transparent. Angry. Then when time to go home, he refuse to go home but prefer to go PIL house. Then make a scene, cry &amp; scream... cry all the way till reach home.
He was like that for sometime,refuse to go home.
And just last week, i was away for a week, when i call home, he refuse to talk to me &amp; when i back singapore, he did't hug or happy when see me, and i am feeling so sad
sad.gif

Is it because i am always very strict with him that he prefer my PIL rather then me?

I still refuse to talk to him even after he apologise. I thought if i ignore him, he will know i am angry. Did i do the right thing?

He keep begging me to look at him but i refuse...
Then he cry till he sleep... think i am really bad right? or am i crazy to treat him like that...
haiz...

Music Class
Never thou' of sending ian to any music lesson as my friend who teach piano lesson told us to wait till 4yrs old.

sally
Wow, now A n KY golden couple! So dian mi!

Aries
I do that before. I can feel his "xiao xiao xin ling" being hurt. I am regrets and tell myself not to do it again if possible as i can see that he starts to learn from me.

Aries,
hmm perhaps JH misses you? have you been away for business trip alot these days? kiddos are like that irrational behaviour but they cannot control it. so us adults can to try our best to strike a balance between courting their relationship with us and spoliting them. I agree with Anns, little ones learn from us like a sponge so our behaviour they will mirror in future so try to control yourselve.
i am like that too, sometime need to keep reminding myself to exter self-control.. when i am totally stress out, I tend to loss it and shout very loudly at A .. or hit her legs with a cane..but she always look at me with these pityfully eyes.. so i tell myself.. i am her mummy so i should be able to self control and rationalise better than her. sorry if i sound too harsh.

cherry,
i'm a culprit too. pass few weeks,mths have been bz and stressful. i lost it a few times. So i try to control, after a chat with twinklets. But sometimes their irrational behaviour really gets to me. Worse when she doesn't listen to any reasoning. And now, i'm facing the consequence of being harsh to her. She behaves like me already..... sigh. When she's angry she'll scream and shout and show her anger. I don't know what I can do to reverse it....

sometimes i feel life is so tough when work is stressful and life is stressful too. I just hope to get over this period quickly.

Aries,
I normally give in when E says sorry. He sounds so poor thing ley. I think he could have missed you especially if you have been travelling so much.

nowadays kids are so different. i think they need us so much more. meeting their basic needs is insufficient. we need to spend time playing and talking to them.

i realise when i devote my attention to E. she's better behave. But when i'm bz with stuff, she'll start to do noti things.

Now she doesn't even allow us to watch TV. when we on the TV, she'll stand infront of it and say, 'no watching TV!' .... my little tyrant hee hee...

<font color="0000ff">Aries</font>
Poor thing. After reading what happened I felt that both of you are very hurt. I don't think it's because of you being strict. Next time, when you come back you make the first move, shower him with lots of love and attention first. I am sure he will love you back the same.

Sometimes it takes awhile for them to warm up if he has not seen you for a few days. Jo also behave the same if she don't see me for awhile. They have mood too and sometimes they are so affectionate.

<font color="ff6000">Aries</font>
Maybe JH missed you and angry that you are away for so long? And you are angry becoz you felt that he doesn't miss you while you are away?

So you have cooled off? Don't be so hard on yourself and JH.
happy.gif
When you see him again, just hug him and tell him that Mummy missed him when away in other countries and angry that he didn't call Mummy when you came back.

I believe in expression of feelings openly, so it would encourage them to tell others what they feel, be it happy or sad. So same for us, we have to do likewise, then they will understand.

Aries
Can understand how u feel when JH ignore you...but as the rest said it could be he misses you so much. Maybe he was 'angry' with you for 'leaving' him. Try to talk to him, explain to him why u had to travel..I am sure he is able to understand.

Give him more hugs, kisses everyday and I am sure he will also return you with the same.

<font color="ff6000">Caymom</font>
Really ah? Cay likes the video clip? Hee. But not very clear hor - I converted it to a smaller file for upload. I have not shown JJ - but usu he loves to watch video clips and he would say proudly "JJ!!!". :D

TL
Yalor,my boy is so cheeky and playful! I hope he doesn't "disturb the girls and make them cry". Poor Cay, must be wondering why a spider-man end up on her foot, rite..heehee!

Photo Upload
Sally &amp; mommies, u give me some time. I'm flying again tomorrow. Will try to upload the photos over the weekend
happy.gif

Glayz, glayz, this is the kind of "jokes" we will miss from you when you get busy at your new job!

Shane
Sigh, miss chatting up with you. Glad to hear that you have settle in nicely in your new patch.
Jay also like E.When we are discussing a T.V scene or engaging in a convesation in the car. Jay will always raise both his hands and tell us "STOP, STOP" as if he's a traffic warden and ask for airtime. OMG!

Aries
I understand how you feel. My job takes me away from Jay sometimes too.Jay did that to me b4,ignore me when i'm back, esp when his eyes is glued to his favourite TV prog. I will be bugging him and bugging until he greets me and give me a hug.
Our kids are still too young,they are afraid of being left alone and ignored. They loved to take centrestage too. Shower him with more hugs and kisses, play with him more and tell him stories and i'm sure he will reciprocate and will certainly miss you when you are not around.

TL
Thanks for the tip on uploading photos to Picasa. Can always count on you
happy.gif
My colic says i should also explore making it into a video clip.

Aries
I can totally understand your feeling. With the busy and stressful work schedule, more or less kids will be neglected. KY also ignores me at one time when I was really too busy and tired for her... just tried to give her more hugs and kisses..

<font color="119911">Caymom</font>
Ya if only she’s daring to go alone for the trial at Dancepointe.. else may postfone at later age. U noe tat day I showed her you guys Seimpi pics in this thread &amp; told her that her frens learning piano. Then yesterday she told me she wanna learn piano too. *Faint* hahaha Mummy no $ to give her so many classes lor. Haha. Cant stand her.

So I guess Music class is better to start @ 4 YO lar hor? Ok will keep that mind.

<font color="0000ff">Aries</font>
You not alone, I also very hardhearted afew times &amp; ended up I was guilty.
sad.gif
She apologized afew x to me but I still bo hiu her. From 4+ till 8+, can u imagine. Then hb brot her out for dinner by himself &amp; came hm aro 8+. Deep down I was missing her badly already cos they away for 2 hrs mah. Then finally both came back &amp; she apologized to me again with her sweet smile &amp; showed me her artwork tat she did in Westmall. I immediately hugged her back, felt so damn guilty. Tell myself cant angry with her like that, very bad of me. Even hb also scolded me – “no need to angry so long 1, she’s a child afterall.”
sad.gif

TL,
Got yr sms, thanks so much. Me still considering. Will let u noe. Just now I asked him go disney on ice or singapore flyer, he said Ferris wheel. He called singapore flyer "ferris wheel".

Aries,
no prob. Oh dear JH must be so upset. Ya like the rest, I think JH angry that u travel without him, so just give him more TLC. They realli wan the attention now.

Caymom,
no prob. Will email to all once I upload the pics.

jaymom,
we'll catch up again... during Mums nite out hee hee...

bbrooster,
counting down already hor. the final lap! happy for you.
happy.gif

jaymom, mckee, shane, (and mummies whose toddlers grow up being looked after by maid)
got something to ask u ladies...
i thinking of sending my maid off cos i'm worried that K n Jr picks up her accent and mannerism esp Jr who faces her like 12/7. It sounds like a stupid reason cos the purpose of having maid is to ease my burden but yet i find it stressful to think about Jr's growing development with her around.

Today, K has a fever and i suddenly felt glad again having maid around to tend to Jr. Then i start to have 2nd thoughts about sending her away in may before i go back to work n both kids go cc.

What I want to say is.. Do u ladies regret letting the maid look after the toddlers from young? such that they pick up and learn not all but some things from maids inevitably...advice??

<font color="0000ff">shane</font>
Yes it's the final lap. It's a long and difficult road. I think on the day of delivery I will be so touched to see my baby and I will cry big time. I will feel all my sacrifices are worth it. And not forgetting to thank my hb and in-laws for all their support. Especially my in-laws rain or shine they will bring food to me. And my hb who forgo all his outing/hobbies to be home with me.

Thanks to all mummies anns, cherry, shane, bbrooster, Tangling, adora, jaymom, jasmine, twinklets &amp; sally...

really thanks for the advise &amp; consoles... i do not know why i behave this but am feeling sad myself when i ignore him, especially when he crying so sadly &amp; asking me to look at him...
maybe i am stress out at work, plus the way he treated me make me more sad.

Thanks for all the advise, think i really have to
spend more time with him &amp; more hug &amp; kisses...
Should i also give him whatever he want &amp; please him! I suppose not right...hmm... i must endure &amp; be patient with him incase i lose my temper again.

But just now again, he totally reject me &amp; this make me so sad. i ask him why! of course he don't know how to answer me...am so sad that i leave pil house immediately, feeling hurt &amp; sad once again. thk i am really little crazy again.
Hmm...sorry for my complain again
sad.gif

bbrooster
so paisay har... think u need to do a lot of cleaning after my arrival today.....
wahahaahahahhaahhaha.... anyway..think mei mei love cakes..keep smucking her lips in lift....
but think she is a BIG daddy's ger... smile when she saw daddy

Aries
Maybe ur JH miss u a lot la... so he think since u not around for so long = ignoring him..so he did the same to u???
Mei mei now welcome me with a BIG BIG smile..and get so insecure when i leave her alone..even at my mum place lor... but Sky..am so used to him ignoring me... but can see he is picking my disciplinary actions and is using them against mei mei la...
U imagine la...i scold him..he tell me..mama hui jia la (go home la..)

bbrooster,
such a touching thank you speech.
happy.gif
yes all the sacrifice is worth it when you finally deliver. I'll be looking forward to see jnr too
happy.gif

Aries,
i think it's the struggle of work and family. JH is still young, so can't u/d the need that cos of work, we can't be with them.
i think he definitely lacks time with you. maybe the bond is weak. just have to work harder and spend time with him. maybe take a day's leave and spend some time together with him.

this might be bad advise, but when u pick him, maybe buy him some goodies ? like not too heaty/sinful snacks, as a form of bribe and maybe he'll start to look forward to your rtn. and also if you're always for long time, might be good to return with a gift be it toy or snacks, don't have to expensive. kids needs to be 'hong' abit also.

Aries,
I never experience such things from cay. Maybe because I am rarely away from her. Even after I punish her big time, she will still stick to me like glue. She doesn't get angry with me for long... the longest is 5min bah.

Anyway, I feel that JH's behaviour showed how impt you are to him. My gals will welcome my hb warmly and bo-hew me when I come home. Sounds sad but I got used to it liao.

<font color="ff0000">Bbrooster,</font>
The finishing line is very near. Very soon you will be seeing your baby. Feeling excited for you.
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Twinklets,</font>
My hb also feels that it is too early for the kids to learn keyboard now. Maybe should heed the advice from Anns's friend.

LV,
replying you last cos i was afraid i'll write a long long post hee hee....

I think as we outsource duties we have to give and take. even when we outsource to cc, the kids also pick up bad habits. E's newest notti act is inducing vomit and spitting. I'm quite sure she picked up at cc.

I always feel the quality of life is really much better with a maid. U have more energy and time to spend with kids. but of cos freedom and privacy is compromise. well you win some, u lose some. there's no perfect solution.

I can't say that i regret hvg maid. the only regret i have is that i got used to having a maid hee hee.... so i forsee adjustment when i decide to do w/o one.... but it's not biggie, we all adapt.

from the day my maid arrive, i'm very clear about one thing. and that she is to attend to the household chores and lend an extra hand to me when i need it. child minding will still be my sole responsibility and i still attended to all E's needs after she arrives. maybe i'm possessive but i still want to fulfill my maternal duties. also my maid came only after E turned one so E din pick up much and mil was around as well....

this is also another reason why i'm holding back #2 cos i still wan to try to be main caregiver. might sound idealistic since i hv no idea how it will be like when there's 2 kids around. but i wish to give the same to jnr like i have to E.

so my pt is, try to give and take. if you really want a maid, need to close one eye. it's not ez for us to live with them but it's also not ez for them to leave their country and come here and work. they do get on our nerves but we just have to take it ez and remind them.

I really find my maid a great help eventhough she gives me 'nonsense'. actually i'm reaching my tolerance level liow but just tahaning and waiting for her to go.

now J jnr still young, so he wouldn't be able to pick up much till after he turns 1yo or older... i think hvg a maid helps such that u hv someone to wash the clothes, make the milk, wash the bottles... etc,etc then u can try to spend more time with jnr instead.
on days w/o maid, i find myself neglecting E and trying to do all the minor chores here and there.

but most impt thing is don't leave jnr alone with maid if you can help it. i find that very insecure. always hv someone ard to jagar them.

talk to you more offline. need to check with you about maid stuff too. urgh.

<font color="0000ff">Bbrooster</font>
U hang it there, everyone is rooting for you to deliver a healthy, happy and handsome little prince. That's why they are willing to support you all the way. Make sure you give thanks to your in-laws and hb in person too
happy.gif

Don't forget to give yourself credit too, we all noe how much you have endured to have No.2.

<font color="ff0000">Aries</font>
Don't stress yourself esp. in the presence of your little one. I believe you don't really get to spend a lot of time with him so all the more you should try to work it through with JH. Make funny faces with him, give him a hot shower, surprise him with a new toy, do some craftwork together to win him over.

Frankly, i have been travelling quite a bit of late so i really do treasure the weekends i have with my boy.I always plan ahead. For example, i plan to bring him to the beach this weekend so i bought him a bucket with spades and moulds for sand play this afternoon. I wanna make sure he will have a good time.
Guess its the quality time that you spend with him that is enriching. Chin up, k
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Maid or no maid?</font>

LV, i guess Shane has somehow sums it up.
I noe the mixed feelings that you have. In the past, it bugs me too esp when i had to go back to work after my ML.

Try jotting down on a piece of paper of the pros and cons of having a maid. Yours and mine may not be the same. At the end of the day, if the pros very much outweighs the cons, you will noe best if it's justified to have a maid.

Personally, i'm a cleanliness freak and an organised person. I like things neat and tidy at home and i wants things to run according to plan. Without a maid, i will have to juggle office work, housework and taking care of Jay. At the end of the day, either i breakdown, there's lots of arguements at home or i'll be so tired to even spend quality time with Jay. Like what Shane mentioned, quality life allows me to translate into quality time with both the men in my life - hb &amp; son
happy.gif

In fact, when i travel for work, hb is trying out by leaving the maid with my MIL and bringing his son home at nite to spend time with and coaching him to bed.(i don't let the maid stay at my home when i travel)

Child nuturing in all disciplines is the parents' responsibility. The grandparents, the teachers, the maid, the babysitter may influence but they are not suppose to account for everything. We parents shouldn't allow that. If Jr picks up bad habits in school or from the maid, we make sure mistakes are not repeated.

Of cos, many will say that if finances allows,it's best that we can be SAHM. There's 2 sides to a coin.Feeling financially independent,being in touch with the external world allows me to bring a diferent perspective to bringing up my child. One thing i noe for sure is time is always not in my favour. Hence, i have learn to treasure it more and make good use of it when i'm with my family.

I wouldn't say my maid is perfect but i'm glad to have her lending out her hand during our absence. She does love my boy, i noe and i will miss her when she leaves. My boy will also learn to understand one day that this aunty ever enter his life and make a difference.

By laying down proper house rules from the start and keeping them under watchful eyes, we just pray that having a maid will be more of a help than a curse.

LV,think positive!(Opss...i think i've said too much)

jaymom,
can't agree more about the breakdown part if i have to juggle it all on my own! sometimes in stressful moments, i already find that being a woman is so tough and tiring.

I really peifu mothers who have to travel for work. I think it makes the juggling act tougher.
I find myself v torn and remorseful when i return after a work trip.

Another thing i'm facing difficulties with is removing the mistakes and bad habits. E commits the mistakes and all i can do it tell her 'no no no'. sigh. but she still do it again in separate occasions. sigh!

bbrooster,
wow time realli flies.... so fast final lap. Hang In there. Almost reach liao. Must endure n guai guai for the last lap ya. Cant wait to see yr handsome prince!

FM for yr tods
Can mummies tell me what yr tods are drinking now? Think to change for A. Bought Enfagrow for him, but he dun like. HB tasted it n said too dilute n watery, not nice. kekeke

Back