(2005/01) Jan 2005 Mom-To-Be

Piggy,
Haha, Linus is so funny! And he is very advanced! Wilfred still doesn't know how to ask abt all these questions yet :p

I understand that Linus is still not schooling yet right? Can you share with us what are the activities of the day for Linus?

Twinkle,
CCK not far from my place leh!....heheee...

Hi ladies,
Share with u all...

A very touching story - MUST READ

After 21 years of marriage, my wife wanted me to take another woman out to dinner and a movie. She said I love you but I know this other woman loves you and would love to spend some time with you.

The other woman that my wife wanted me to visit was my MOTHER, who has been a widow for 19 years, but the demands of my work and my three children had made it possible to visit her only occasionally.

That night I called to invite her to go out for dinner and a movie.

"What's wrong, are you well," she asked? My mother is the type of woman who suspects that a late night call or a surprise invitation is a sign of bad news.

"I thought that it would be pleasant evening with you," I responded. "Just the two of us."

She thought about it for a moment, and then said, "I would like that very much."

That Friday after work, as I drove over to pick her up I was a bit nervous. When I arrived at her house,I noticed that she, too, seemed to be nervous about our date. She waited in the door with her coat on.
She had curled her hair and was wearing the dress that she had worn to celebrate her last wedding anniversary.

She smiled from a face that was as radiant as an angel's.

"I told my friends that I was going to go out with my son, and they were impressed, "she said, as she got into the car. "They can't wait to hear about our meeting". We went to a restaurant that, although not elegant, was very nice andcozy. My mother took my arm as if she were the First Lady. After we sat down, I had to read the menu. Large print. Half way through the entries, I lifted my eyes and saw Mom sitting there staring at me. A nostalgic smile was on her lips.

"It was I who used to have to read the menu when you were small," she said.

"Then it's time that you relax and let me return the favor," I responded.

During the dinner, we had an agreeable conversation - nothing extraordinary, but catching up on recent events of each other's life. We talked so much that we missed the movie.

As we arrived at her house later, she said, "I'll go out with you again, but only if you let me invite you." I agreed.

"How was your dinner date?" asked my wifewhen I got home. "Very nice. Much more so than I could have imagined," I answered.

A few days later, my mother died of a massive heart attack. It happened so suddenly that I didn't do anything for her.

Some time later, I received an envelope with a copy of a restaurant receipt from the same place mother and I had dined.

An attached note said: "I paid this bill in advance. I wasn't sure that I could be there; but nevertheless, I paid for two plates - one for you and the other for your wife. You will never know what that night meant for me. I love you, son."

At that moment, I understood the importance of saying in time: "I LOVE YOU!" and to give our loved ones the time that they deserve. Nothing in life is more important than Godand your family. Give them the time they deserve, because these things cannot be put off till "some other time."

Pass this along to everyone with an aging parent, to a child, to an adult, to anyone with a parent. Here's hoping today is better than yesterday and tomorrow.

Piggy,
Wah, Linus very advanced indeed. Cheeky too!

Sherman has been really sick. Started with what looked like stomach flu last Saturday, vomiting and fever. On Sunday, he seemed better, then came down with a nasty runny nose and phlegmy cough that got worse and worse. He coughed throughout the night on Tues night. Was in bed all day on Wed, didn't sleep much as his cough would wake him up every 5 min. Poor thing so exhausted, just kept crying cos the cough so bad and phlegm conjesting his airway. Night-time was worse, he would wake up every 20min screaming in discomfort after coughing, even after he was on strong meds, like cannot breathe and choking, v cham. Hubby and I both down with the same bug, everybody exhausted.

BabyD,
I read that when tod having cough, especially at night, rub lots of Vicks on their soles and put on socks to stop the cough. Try it! (I tried on myself recently too and it did work, not 100% but it relieved my cough)

Piggy, Linus is so cute
happy.gif
Yup, this bug is a pretty nasty one. Timo had it and passed to Beth 2 weeks back.. thank God she only had the stuffy/runny nose part of it. But today I brought her for her first 5-in-1 and she has a fever!!!!! Arrgghh.. and my hb is down with fever too. Sian sian sian..

Get well soon all sick babies!

BabyD,
How is Sherman now? Has he fully recovered?

Evelyn,
Linus is still not in school yet. His activity involves going to my MIL's every weekday (goto nearby park, play at home, eat & nap) and we bringing him home after work. (play at home, read books, swim, sometimes going out with HB and I). I guess it is pretty standard activity.

Catz,
How is Beth bow? I think the 5-in-1 fever should be a low grade one?

Mums,
Hope all Mums had a Happy Mother's Day.
happy.gif

Yesterday, I brought him to my mum's and he watched some war (i.e. violence with bombing,etc) on my brother's tv and he came running out and tell me that he don't like to watch that TV cos he scared. Hmm...wonder if this boy is timid or does other toddlers here get scared with what they saw? Anyone to share?

Piggy, Timothy has always been afraid of seeing violence or ppl in hospital on the TV.. so when he's scared, we will ask him to cover his eyes or we cover for him. Beth is OK.. thank God. My hb is down with bad viral fever.. since Fri, fever didn't go down. Luckily it isn't dengue but aiyoh, so nightmare to hv husband so sick with 2 small kids around. So poor Timo is at my parents' place and I'm stuck with my sick hb and Bethany..

Catz,
Hmm...so strange...why pp in hospital? Did you mention to him that that is scary?

Hope your HB gets well soon. No joke to be sick men.... Is Timo ok to be with your parents full time? Will he start asking for you?

Piggy, dunno, guess it's quite obvious tt ppl are suffering when they're in hospital? After delivering Beth, he was soooo freaked out by my appearance plus the IV I was hooked up to.. he stayed far far away from me. Poor fella. Yah my parents hv Timothy full-time since yesterday.. I go over for a couple of hours to spend time with him in case he starts feeling super insecure. He really misses me lor.
sad.gif
I also miss him. Beth is getting fun now but I can actually have a decent conversation with Timothy lor.. the things he says are so funny.

piggy,
Sherman better, but I'm down with his bug. Maid also starting to have runny nose. V busy with hubby overseas plus have to settle maid home leave.

Sherman is very very timid. Scared of everything, vacuum cleaner, hairdryer, walkie talkie and remote controlled cars!

BabyD,
Oh dear, you must start taking lots of fruits to hope for faster recovery. With your HB overseas n maid preparing for home leave, you must feel quite stretched. Take care and hope this will blow over sooner rather than later.

Catz,
Aiyo, poor Tim and poor mummy. Hope your HB gets well asap and he can return. Ya, I also enjoy the conversations I have with Linus. Sometimes, what comes out from him is really hilarious...
happy.gif

Mums,
MIL went on a 12day holiday and Linus is left alone with maid. Really hope that he will not get into trouble. On Sunday, he was so happy and kept jumping up and down infront of the TV console, then he knocked onto the edge of the console and hit himself on the nose, nose bridge n mouth. It is all bruised up. Yesterday, he caught a glimpse of himself on the mirror and said,"Baby so pain pain."

Piggy: For Lucas, he just broke the tempered glass panel of our TV console yesterday by swinging his Thomas water bottle. Ask him who broke it, he said it was the bottle who was naughty.

So many mummies & babies are sick. Take care & recover well.

welcome back Yvoyvo...

Piggy, poor linus.. hope he is better now...

Tetra, Lucas is so smart.. ke ke... hee hee...
Btw have u gone for ur 5 mths check up? Boy or girl?

Tetra,
Did you replace the panel? Must cost a bomb to do so. I am very scared of glass as one of my wall is glass. Linus walked into it!! So in the end, I have to get the guys to come in to put a safety film to "hold it" together should it break. Are u looking forward to number 2? How is Lucas taking you being bigger each day?

Yvoyvo,
How are u coping with 2 kids now?

Twinkle,
He is fully recovered now. Just super duper sticky to me. Every night will come to look for me to sleep beside him. Somemore can tell me that he does it cos maid disturb him, so he can't sleep. Still can "act" out how she disturb!! Jialat..... When you going back to work huh? (or have u already gone back?)

piggy,
wah Linus can cook up stories already..so advance... hee hee... he is a smart boy. Has he started school alrdy?

I m goin back to work early Jul... Today Jayden is sick, brought him to PD... really siong nowadays, with 2 kids in tow... think Catz mus be very busy also..

So no 2 coming along for u?

Tetra,
How is Lucas now? Is he still "beating or biting" when he gets angry?

Twinkle,
Not yet, he has not started school. Next year he will start.

What happen to Jayden? Hope he gets well soon. I can understand 2 kids must be very siong. But I think important thing is they get along well.
happy.gif
Still got one full month before going back to work. Do you look forward to it?

Me, no. 2? No la. Not planning. My health no good la. Also old already, somemore financially draining. So I think I will stick to one now.

Hmmmmm....Wonder where is MG and Catz.... Haven't seen them for a long time now. Are you girls ok?

piggy,
jayden got flu from my maid.. she is sick for 2 weeks already... poor she...

I do look forward to work cos staying at home makes me feel a bit lousy.. messy hair and all tat.. ke ke... I missed puting on makeup and wearing heels.. hee hee.. vain mummy..
Ya, 2 kids can be financially draining.. so its not a bad idea jus stoppn at 1.

MG/ CAtz/Eve etc.. where are u gals?

piggy: Lucas is as usual himself. Once awhile, he will express his anger by lifting his hands. Must remind him to use words to express his anger. But he is getting less angry as compared to the initial days when starting school.

Today, we went to the Meet The Teachers session. Good to know that he is adapting well in school & is able to sustain his attention span on 1 activity (like threading the beads, didn't know he can do that) for 10 mins. He understands mandarin but only speak in English. So for the next term, we are exetending from 3 days to 5 days and from 3hrs to 4 hrs.

Yesterday, in the middle of the nite, found tt he was very warm & discovered he had a fever, I guess from the throat infection. Luckily, he is sleeping next to me otherwise we will only know it in the morning. Fortunately, the medication helps to alleviate the fever in the morning.

Twinkle,
I can understand why u look forward to work. Sometimes when I am looking after him, I find myself very detached from the outside world.....

Tetra,
Can sit still for 10min is really an achievement. My little one can't sit still and best of all can't keep quiet for 1min. Btw, his Mandarin is so funny that we must really stop ourselves from laughing......
So your maid looks after him during the time when he is not in school? Does she still go to your PIL?
With this weather, many pp are falling sick. I hope that Lucas' throat infection will not be too serious. Any cough?
How is going back to work so far? Any regrets?

Hi twinkle, tetra, piggy,
I'm here...I'm always following the thread just that lazy to post. kekeke...
happy.gif

Talking about working. Now that I'm a FTWM, I find myself getting impatient with Claira (maybe tired due to work). She just can't give me a break. She is super clingy to me now, don't know why. And now she's into 'carry me' syndrome. Whenever she sees me she will want me to carry her. *faint* Last week we went to Bali for vacation and it was really tiring for me, the whole trip is 'Mummy, bao bao'. Really feels like babysit her than going there to relax man. Any child here having the same problem?

She is like that only when she sees me, with her papa or my mum and maid she's ok. Maybe she feels that I've not been giving her much attention even when comes to sleep, she will insist sleeping ON me. Hope that this is just a phase.

twinkle,
I've never regretted coming out to work cos its really tiring to look after kids. I'm like you ok..vain mummy. keke..
happy.gif
and I'm happy that I can dress pretty pretty to work.

MG,
Welcome to the sticky club.
happy.gif
Linus has been very sticky to me too. In the last 2 month, he will wake up in the middle of the night crying for me to go to him.
Then after so much "brain washing", he progressed to stop the cry and call for me.
The current phrase is walk to my room and climb up to my bed and sleep beside me.
Last night was the first night that he did not climb up my bed but came over this morning and ask me to wake up at 6am.

I usually can't sit down to watch tv or do any work unless he is entertained by someone with interesting stories to tell him and play with him very interactively. He will say, "Mama....play with baby.
Other very common phrase:
"Mama, wake up"
"Mama, come."
"Mama, I want to pee pee."
"Mama, carry baby cos baby leg pain pain, cannot walk."
"Mama, come and pat pat baby."
"Mama, after we eat finish, we go where gei gei? (meaning gai gai)"

Sleeping on me is never on his list cos he don't want me to "make his pillow or bolster hot hot"....will snatch it back and ask me to sit on floor n not on his bed while he get patted by me!!

But looking back, it is gradually improving and I hope that when he goes to school, it will be ok as he got other distractions.

Hi Mgteo,

he he, so we are vain mummies.. ha ha... after my cnfinement, I dash to perm my hair.. really felt very auntie with bundled hair.. eeee

But I still have a few kilos to shed.. so must jia you... sigh..

piggy & Mgteo,
Ferlin is also super sticky to me.. guess its a phrase... she will pull my leg and refuse me to make milk for her didi... and insisting that I carry her. She will glue to me like a superglue...

Hi!!! All Mummies!
Happy Wesak Day!! enjoy the holiday yah!
but i cannot, my girl was on fever now. sigh!!!
me also flu..oh my god..!! weather really bad!

Mums,
I have one of the most embarassing moments last evening.

HB n I brought Linus to go grocery shopping and I brought him to pee in the toilet. When we step in, we saw a rather heavy bottom lady with her back facing us and washing her hands.

Immediately, my cheeky one said, "How come that backside so big?"

I didn't know how to react and nearly fainted in embarassment. I only hope that she don't understand what he is saying....

Anyway, HB n I have to tell him later that such comments must be said in secret. I hope he will not make such blunder again.

Gosh..... thinking about it made me go red ...

piggy: Linus is so funny. I would not know what to do... Not sure if he will have nightmare about it.

Lucas has also been having viral fever since Tue night. Had fever abt 39 on & off for the last few days. Only subsided with mild fever 2 days ago. 2 PD at my place were on leave, so went to Mt Alvernia - Kiddy Clinic. These few days have taken a toil on us, refused to take medicine (constantly have to think of creative ways i.e. mixing the medicine with honey water in the yakult bottle, etc), refused to take water and food.

iuiu: must take care. I heard many people esp the kids are down with viral flu with fever that last for a week.

iuiu,
Take care.

Tetra,
I know exactly how u feel. When bb gets sick, we really becomes very very tired n as a result of lack of rest, falls sick too. Take care n do hope that Lucas gets well asap.

Tetra,
How's Lucas feeling ? Dylan also came down with a bad bout of viral fever 3 weeks ago when we were in phuket ... lucky it happened the night before we were coming back but it jus stressed us out completely and when we were back in Singapore, his temp shot up so fast he had a fit ... I din even noe it was a fit, I was carrying him and he was shivering badly, rushed him to the GP downstairs and was later referred to KKH A&E ... the temp lasted 3 days and after he got well, I came down with a temp. It is so heartpain to see our little ones suffer ... haiz.

iuiu,
U take care too.

Piggy,
Linus is really funny, I wouldn't know what to do if I were in your shoes. haaha ...

Mummies,
I went for a regular checkup last Sat, m expecting a little gal this time ... so Dylan was right all along ...

Slamdunk,
Congrats. You can start spending on all the girly things now.
happy.gif

When I think of it, I find it very funny too. Just that I hope that lady can share my sentiments.
happy.gif

piggy,
Sherman's mandarin is also very atrocious, he talks like an ang moh kia.

I've been really busy, hubby overseas n maid on home leave. After Sherman goes to bed, I stay up late to rush some more work, so I'm lacking sleep. It's been quite tough and Sherman is getting sticky and insecure. I have to go for a work trip next week once hubby & maid comes back, dunno how he will take it. Today, he cried because he realized I have to go to work. He told me not to go to work, go to the zoo instead. He was sulking when I said goodbye, must be the long weekend.

slamdunk: congratulations! Dylan is going to have a baby sister. Dylan is the 3rd child whom I heard had a fit. The 1st one was my colleague's son (6 yrs old), luckily they were already in the clinic & her son suddenly had fits & turned blue. Immediately sent to hospital. Now he is ok. Another one is my niece (15 mth old), had fit when her temp jumped to 39 degree in a short time. Sent to hospital & found to have viral fever. Really scary... Lucas has also the same viral fever, refused to eat and drink for the last 4 days. You better take care, I start to have sore throat already.

Tetra,
For Dylan, his temp shot up to 40 degrees in a short time, that's why he had a fit. We were waitin at the GP downstairs and when I noticed he couldn't stop shivering and was a bit blue, I asked the nurse to let me see the dr immediately (there was a long queue) and they obliged. I was really shocked when the Dr told us that he could have just suffered a fit. Lucky he was alright once we managed to bring the temp down and did not have to be warded. U better take care of yourself too and drink lots of water.

Thanks All Mummies!
I was recovered, but my girl still cough.
look like really a lot of babies here are sick also..do take care yah! hopefully we all can recover soon!!!

PiggyLee
Linus really cute and funny haha!!!

Slamdunk
Congratulation!! a baby girl really can make you buy a lot of cute thing leh!..hehe!!!

oh yah!
All mummies, all of you are invited to the Fashion Party @ Laissez Faire, i will be one of the store with my new products for ladies and kids! Hope to see you there!!!

FOR MORE INFORMATION, Visit http://ivbelongings.blogspot.com now!!!

See you on 16 June (Saturday) at 25, Madras St, Singapore, 208420

Feel free to pop by if you are somewhere around there lah! cheers!!!

Mums,
I have some diapers that I would like to sell. So I thought I will offer to mums from this thread before offering it outside. Any mums keen to take the whole lot at $80? (Note that some are opened boxes as I have not finished using them as L has already been trained.)

Pampers Premium XL total is 127pcs (exp Sep 2008)
Huggies Dry Comfort XL 17pcs (Exp Dec 2007)
Huggies Pull Up pants XL 36pcs (Exp May 2009)
Nepia Big 26pcs (No exp date)
Desitin Cream 1tube (exp Dec 2007)

I would appreciate that the mum come over to pick it up at my place, if possible.

hi slamdunk, congrats
happy.gif
So we can send our daughters to the same school.. hehe.. are we within 1km?
happy.gif
sorry didn't realise tt Dylan was so ill.. around that time, Timothy and my hb were both down with viral fever so it was very stressful for me. Met your hubby in the carpark and by then, my hb's fever was already in its 4th day.. so I didn't get to ask about Dylan. Febrile fits - so scary!!

Piggy, so envious tt Linus is toilet trained. Timothy is very scared of wetting himself even though he is capable of holding his pee through the night.. so it's still diapers for him. Unfortunately I don't think I need so many diapers.. better open up to the rest of the forum. It's such a good price, I'm sure ppl will grab!

Ladies, after the kids and hb's illness, I ended up being the sickest of all.. had bad food poisoning and it became gastroenteritis. Had to be rushed to Mt E A&E on my hb's birthday!!! Had severe stomach pains for one whole week until I cannot tahan.. cannot even talk anymore. Anyway, ended up staying for 3 days and my poor Beth is on FM. Pumping and dumping away my liquid gold for the past week already. Sighhh.. still on medication so can only resume breastfeeding next Tuesday or Wednesday. The drugs are super powerful... so I'm really zonked out and a bit grouchy :p

Worse thing in hospital, the guy next door to my room died in the middle of the night. Wah lau, can hear the defibrillator charging up, all the resuscitation efforts.. I was ok initially.. then think think think until got too scared to sleep. :p

Catz,
You poor thing. Must have been a nightmare for all at home with u being so sick. What did u eat to get that food poisoning? I knwo what it feels to throw away good milk. Rest well and hope you bounce back asap, yah?

I also had a similar experience of hearing the whole commotion of death...The bed directly next to me when I was hospitalised many years ago was occupied by a lady who fell down in the toilet at 6am and died shortly after. The commotion of the resuscitation, the aftermath crying of the relatives (I remember that she was due to be discharged the same morning) was so vivid to me that I can still remember all the details. I wasn't scared but very saddened by it.

Piggy, yah it was awful.. didn't get to see the kids (only once) 'cos it was just too troublesome to bring them to hospital.. plus all sorts of nasty bugs floating around.. so it was very very lonely at hospital. Felt weird not having to tend to the toddler or baby.. and AWFUL to throw milk down the sink a few times a day.. *sigh* Death is an awful thing.. I don't know why I was so frightened.. guess maybe 'cos I was feeling lonely? Yah but it's awful that ppl lose their loved ones lor. Maybe also 'cos I just lost my grandpa... anyway, thank God I feel better... really looking fwd to latching Baby Beth again.. she doesn't seem to be doing well on FM. Her skin is very rashy.

catz: so sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time for the past weeks. can't imagine the period u were in hospital & the children had to stay away from you; and the demise of yr grandpa. Hope you will recover soon & back to your normal self.

piggy: if no taker for the diapers, I will take all but I can't confirm when to collect from you yet. Most likely will be a Sat afternoon, must arrange with either my mum or hubby.

Catz,
Your grandpa passed on? Remember u mentioning that he was sick previously. So sorry to hear it....

Tetra,
Thanks for taking all those diapers...Was hoping to sell to a single party to prevent hassle. No problem when u want to come. You let me know when so that Lucas can come and play with Linus?

Tetra, you still working? How's the preg?

piggy, yup my grandpa didn't wake up from his coma. My dad got to his bedside 5 mins before he breathed his last. We dragged the kids down to kl for the funeral 3 wks back. So tiring! Now my dad still goes every wk for the rites.

Catz,

so sorry to hear abt ur grandpa, take care ya!

Hope u are feeling better now.. take my vits to keep urself going... looking after 2 kids is no joke...now I think going to work suits me better.. unless I have lots of moni to satify my buying hunger.. ha ha ha then I can stay at home I dont mind.. ke keke

piggy: Most likely it will be one of the Saturdays. Yah, it will be great for the 2 boys can meet & play together. But must let you know Lucas is not into sharing yet, he's going through the "it's mine" phase now.

catz: oh yes, I'm still working. Another 5 more weeks to my delivery date, have to slow down already. Pregnancy has been fine, except that I am feeling the physical strain. I have to make sure that I do not walk too much during the last 2 wks to my delivery date, don't want a recurrence of bursting my water bag while shopping. yesterday, went to hyperstore to get a car seat & stroller. The feeling of having a 2nd baby still seems so "foreign".

twinkle, thanks.. thank God it's all over.. it's been really bad lah. Now my hb is travelling quite a lot so it's lagi tougher

Tetra,5 more weeks only!!! WOW!!!!

Tetra,
I know...Linus shouted at the top of his voice "Please go away!" when we were at ELC last week. He behave as if the toys there are his and his alone.
5weeks away is indeed fast hor? I remember the last 3 weeks was really terrible too. Stand for 20min is like my legs have turn to jelly. No strength and really tired from the lack of sleep. Ya ya, remember the Marche water bag bursting.
happy.gif
A couple of months b4, we were just having dinner there, preggie and no experience of motherhood....Now, you will be mum to 2.....Time flies...

Catz,
It is no wonder why more pp these days are not thinking of kids but dogs. Life after being a mum will never be the same again, especially with 2kiddos now. I think at least for you, your mum is able to help, which I guess is a very big bonus.
Hey, haven't see your little pretty girl's pic for so long now, want to post one for us?

Hi mummies,
Claira is also in the stage of not sharing. The other day my SIL was reading Her World magazine and I was serving the internet. Then I heard Claira arguing with my SIL and my hb.

Claira: NO...it's mummy's...not for you gu gu...
HB: Claira...it's belongs to gu gu....
Claira: NO....its's mummy's one...
(She came to me with the mag)
Claira: Mummy's one not gu gu.
Mummy: Yes its belongs to mummy, but mummy is ok to share with gu gu, bring it back to gu gu ok...
Claira: NO, don't want!

She is also very protective over my things. If somebody took my things she will scream at that person. I guess its just a phase la...

Tetra,
Can start counting down...
happy.gif
2nd one might be early....
happy.gif

Back