(2004/12) Year 2004 December Mummies

drinking milk fr cup,

just started my elder boy drinking milk from a straw cup instead of fr his bottle. he is not good at getting at the milk. any recommendations on cups?

lach,
congrats to u.... more $$ to join sprees and great nights... my whole family still praying for our great nights to come..
happy.gif
kekeke...

mngo,
which spree did u join? which organiser's contact u need? maybe i have??
happy.gif

lach
ya lor. no refund. i asked the org for supplier contacts... still waitng for her reply

elmobbg
tat toy shelf spree lor. i hv to org contacts.. but dunno why she say not easy to get the item. funny thing is
1) she told me cannot refund
2) then she ask me if i still want the item,
3) and then she mention dunno can get item or not cos during the purchase earlier, they had some problems.

i wrote to police force , and they ask me lodge a police report

cups,

found a playtex cup that my boy can drink milk fr. its a toddler cup, not a straw cup. read in parenting books that not good for kids to drink milk fr straw cups often as bad for teeth

Hellooo
how come i missed out so many postings?? i shld receive an email for every posting rite?? hmmmm... i will bring a bubble gun..
btw, where is KC's condo?

Hello!
Gosh the thread is running fast nowadays...

I have not forgotten my mission for the party in Dec although I eerrr.. abit MIA :p

Here's wht I bought:
584275.jpg

I have got the green/silver shiny decor, red balloons to compliment. And I have bought some snow spray for the xmas feel... but I'm not sure if KC will mind? Do advise me if it's too troublesome to clean up later, ok!
happy.gif

So we've got the green+red theme covered
happy.gif

plus on the posters it will be peeerfeccct!
Anything else you guys think I should add??

Here's Chloe saying "Jia you" to herself and her daddy going for reservice.
584278.jpg

ps: under that hat, she still didn't grow much hair, basically still about the same as half a year ago *sigh...* :p

and.. <font color="aa00aa">HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALLLLL THE BROTHERS &amp; SISTERS!!</font>
Hope you all will enjoy a good year ahead and please let your mummy and daddy enjoy a great year ahead! Don't bully them like I am bullying my dd &amp; mimi now! *wink

Hello mommies!!

I have gooooood news!

Given our large attendance for the Xmas Bash, we have now shifted the venue from KC's condo to Jen's parents' condo at Hillview.

Time remains unchanged, we have the room from 4pm onwards.
Maybe the volunteers can arrive earlier at ard 4.30pm?

The main crowd can come at 5pm.

I'm sure our todds will enjoy the extra space, and parents can have peace of mind cos its fully enclosed!
happy.gif

Details of the exact location in Hillview will be released later by email.

happy.gif

wow Daffy, that looks great!
table decor? red &amp; green?
You're really the most apt person for the job!!
happy.gif

Thanks also to mngo for getting the posters done!
happy.gif

mngo,
i also joined the toy rack BP.. but got 2 different ones mah.. so which u joined? the vmummy one or the other one? mine is vmummy, quite smooth leh.. keep calling the organiser lar.. she should be accountable for it mah.. kekeke...

Hi mommies....long time no post....so much happening.....
Wow our Cindy makes the CoverGirl!!!

Hei mommies...need advise: Any mommies here been to Hokkaido during February? How izit? Plan to bring Steffi there during CNY...

hi all.

my girl is also a Dec 2004 babie..

just like to check whether at times they will not want to eat porridge? Is it bcos they are sick of it.

My girl weighs barely 10kg at this age..is it okie.

My mum say is due to teething....tat why her appetite change...

wat the idea weight for dec 04 bb?

worry me
sad.gif

Hokkaido - yup, itz cold but client said itz fantastic even for bb so I pang sim. Pretty worried initially.

baobei...my ger seems to be on diet on weekends so she eats very little on sat &amp; sun. My mom will get her to eat during the weekdays. Guess itz jus norm dat bb refuse to eat. Have u try other kind of meals for her eg. fried rice, alphabet pasta, noodles. Give her variety so she wld not be sick of the same porridge.

Had not log-in for such long time, so howz the X'mas Bash coming along? Venue changed!! o dear, me so back dated. Cody, watz the latest upate har?
VENUE
ATTENDANCE
ACTIVITY

daffy,
you are efficient
happy.gif

thinking aloud:
any possibilities of a xmas tree in the function room to place the presents under? :p
if not, shall we wallpaper a section of the wall n DRAW our own christmas tree? we can draw the outline of the tree, THEN get the kiddos to PASTE xmas decor on it!!!
(we can prepare some simple xmas decors cutouts for them to paste, eg: stars, angels, balls, etc.. they can even write their names on it.. or draw/color/decorate it before pasting it!)
SHALL WE?? our own DEC thread DIY Christmas Tree.
happy.gif

Cody,
Great news! Thanks.

Bubble Guns,
Okie, thanks to Yuru, TBL, Ethel for offering to bring the bubble makers. 4 should be sufficient including mine. =)

Yuru,
NICE!! Must be ur creative hubby's idea huh ?

LL,
ENVY ENVY! Hokkaido in snow will be very nice!!! We went during May period 3 years back. It was simply lovely seeing the leftover snow on the rooftops and the snow-capped mountains.

Which part of Hokkaido are you planning to go ?

Lach,
Love your idea of a DIY Christmas Tree and the kids pasting them. Will liase with you separately on the materials to prepare. =)

BaoBei,
I think u shouldn't worry too much about ur gal's weight as long as she's active and healthy. Some kids just have a higher metabolism rate. My gal is also 10+ kg only.

Fussy eating is also quite common. Like what LL mentioned, perhaps u can try giving her variety. Does she asked to eat adult foods when you are eating ?

Yuru,
Cindy will be our COVER GIRL of the year!!!

lach,
That's a good idea! The kids will be busy doing up the DIY christmas tree and we adults can enjoy our food :p

LL,
Please dun tempt me... i also feel like bringing rachel for an overseas holiday, but still have not decided where to go. Thinking of Perth or Melbourne actually. Hokkaido should be a nice place to go, can imagine the snow falling already..

baobei,
Tots at this age already know what they like or dun like, esp comes to food, so is fairly common. Try giving her more choice, or cook something new. u can go to http://www.youngnutrition.net/recipes/index.php for some recipes ideas.

Joann,
I tried Rasel catering before, so so only!

Yuru,
COVER GIRL, Cindy looks so nice!

Lach,
I love your idea too. Think the kids will enjoy it.

LL,
Wow, Hokkaido! Wilfred so envy Steffi!

BaoBei,
Welcome to our thread! Dont worry, my Wilfred also 10+ kg only :p

seagal: that's very nice for your first attempt!
happy.gif

LL: ahhhh you're so distracted with your hokkaido trip that you blur about the xmas bash right? kekekeke just kiddin ...

IMPORTANT ANNOUCEMENT
re Xmas Bash 2006

Hi mommies

As mentioned earlier, our attendance list for this party has swelled to 41 adults and 25 toddlers to-date.
Expenses for this party is expected to be somewhat higher than previous get-togethers where we pot-lucked or when the turn-out was smaller.

<font color="0000ff">Hence I would like to ask for a DEPOSIT please</font> - mainly to help us manage the attendance better.
May we please request that each family pays a $10 deposit for every adult who is attending the party.
Eg if i am coming with hubby, maid &amp; Dean, I pay a $30 deposit.

This deposit will be used mainly for the catering.
Additional expenses, if any, will be collected on the day of the Bash.
Any extra money collected will also be refunded before the party ends.

Just to give you an idea on our expenses:
- catering
- cake
- cupcakes
- entertainment
- decor
- function room booking fee

Yuru will be sending out an email with her account details later.
<font color="0000ff">Let's all target to pay her the deposit before Dec 3, 2359hours.</font>
Yuru will be sending an email (per Jen's database) with details of her bank account.

FYI we will refund the deposit if your are unable to attend (pls give notice by Dec 3, 2359hours)
Also, we will take the attendance (by means of those who have placed their deposits) as final on Dec 4, 0000hours.
My sincere apologies for not being able to make any refunds on deposits beyond Dec 4, 0000hours.

I hope to get your understanding on the need for this deposit, as it will be unfair to split the cost of the "no-show"ers with those who turned up.

Thank you!!

Dear all,

thanks so much. At least i feel better after seeing your post. Thought only my girl who dun wan eat solids at this point of time.

Is very heart pain to see them dun eat anything...

Seagal...I plan to head for hot spring resort Noboribetsu (2 nites) - Sapporo (3 nites) - Osaka (3 nites).
Watz ur recommendated places of interest? I'm going on Free N Easy...my own pace.

Cody....no prob...will deposit in Yuru's a/c.

Cody,
ok noted. will do the tt once yuru sends us the details.

Baobei,
u r welcomed. =)

LL,
u r going Osaka too ? It's pretty far from Hokkaido unless u r taking a domestic flight.

Hmm...it's a good time to go to the hot springs since it's sooo cold!!

Wah... I can start to salivate thinking of the yummy and fresh Jap foods there!

Sapporo is famous for their ramen so it's a must try!

Other places worth considering will be:
- Hakodate - famous for it's night scene viewed from the top of Mt Hakodate.
- Otaru - a picturesque Victorian town. Oh yes, if u go there, must try the red bean pancakes from a lao3 zi4 hao4 stall.

It's good to get the Japan Rail pass if you are travelling around the main Hokkaido towns/cities.

I have not been to Noboribetsu but it's just between Hakodate and Sapporo so quite near.

All this talk about Japan makes me want to go there again!

R u going there just with ur hubby and Steffi?

seagal/cody...wanna join me? Am going wif another couple wif 2 kids. My sis may join me.
Japan rail pass...izit mean for travelling between towns only? U kno wat, I found this chocolate factory wic I intend to visit...was thinking to myself..HEI...DATZ PERFECT, CAN BUY BACK FOR THE X'MAS BASH!!!!! Then I realised itz oredi over...blur me.

mngo....perth, nice pl, must self drive. The last time, i went on free &amp; easy, drove o the way to albany but march wld be warm rite? it was sorching hot wen we drove back from albany to perth abt 40deg &amp; so dry....still remember was caught for speeding &amp; the police let us off cos we were heading back sin the nex day wic was sunday. He said, take the ticket s a souvenir...kekeke....
coco1074....if u r intend to self-drive, take precaution of the winding road dat leads to the 12 apostles...remember dat my frenz kid vomited.

Hi mngo,LL

We may be going to perth in feb/mar. Free &amp; easy, self drive. Still searching the internet for travel info. Feb/mar should be spring rite? Driving from perth to melb is it very far? or must take domestic flight? Thought of stopping by melb for a few days, really like the place, been there 4 yrs ago for honeymoon, feel like going back again.

seagal,
u really tempting me to go japan. But free &amp; easy is much more ex than package tour rite? i wanted to go a few years back but after calculating the airticket and accom, is still more worthwhile to join tour. In the end din go cos hubby prefer F &amp; E.

LL,
haha, u very funny leh.

Japan Rail Pass
U can use this pass as long as you are travelling on a JR (Japan Railway) train, subject to some restrictions.

Check out this links
http://www.sg.emb-japan.go.jp/General/JR.htm
http://www.japanrailpass.net/eng/en001.html

They are fixed period passes e.g. 7-day pass, 14-day pass, etc. You will have to plan your itinerary properly to make sure that the days u need to use the pass are within the fixed period.

Mngo,
thanks for your compliments.
i am still a greenhorn and learning.

coco,
We exchanged our frequent flyer miles for the air tixs. If we have to pay for them, my hubby will surely not go!

Personally, I prefer F&amp;E too, can go things at own place but must do lots of research before the trip. We stayed in youth hostels and cheap but good business hotels to save costs also. The killer is the japan rail pass which is so expensive!!

coco
r u sure u wanna drive from perth to melbourne?!? i dunno how many days it takes u to drive cos from melb to sydney is like 20 over hours

mngo,
Yah, guess not possible to drive rite? I rem the domestic flight i took from melb to sydney takes abt 2hrs. So can imagine how far if we go by road. So have u booked your air tickets?

seagal,
That time i only check the hotels in tokyo, and the rates really turn me off, and yah the japan rail pass is super super ex. So i always suggest my hubby to go with tour package to japan, but he dun want leh
sad.gif

i will be going with hubby without ju to japan for cherry blossom in 2nd week of april. hope that its is the right timing, will be so sad if its too late or early.

bringing ju to HCM in dec, looking forward to the cheap food, shopping and 2hr of facial massage, haircut and wash for only $10. must do pedi and mani there, so much cheaper

coco,
i think ur hubby's like mine. haha.

agree that the hotel rates in Tokyo are higher than those in hokkaido.

we were in Tokyo for a few days too but managed to find a reasonable ryokan (jap styled inn) which didn't burn too big a hole in our pocket. and oh yes, they even provide nice clean yukata robes for us during the stay and their futons were the thickest (according to reviews from the internet). They even have free internet access. =)

aye..... how i miss Japan.....*dreaming*

Back