(2004/12) Year 2004 December Mummies

leo,
Nydia is so pretty.. botak suits her
happy.gif
agree with cody that it brings out her gorgeous features more. She doesnt look like a boy at all!

cody,
for some bb, wearing pink head to toe, even with the words "I AM A GIRL" splashed boldly across the clothes doesnt help....
I am speaking from many many frustrating months of experience
sad.gif

Lachesiz,

Agreed with u... wearing pink from head to toe, pple will still ask gal or boy hah? Alamak sometimes i really feel like shooting them and ask u cant see she wear pink color meh *roll eyes*. As for my hb, he choose nt to clarify so when pple ask, he is boy(more to nat, nydia oso ve but seldom), my hb will answer YA,
rofl.gif

Anyone read?

ANother 2 moms wrote in to the Straits Times Forum yesterday to share their escalator stories, each was a seperate incident.

Both mums were riding the escalator with their 2 year old toddler, BOTH toddlers were wearing Crocs (or the imitation), BOTH had their croc sandled "gobbled" up by the escalator.

By the time they managed to retrieve the shoe, the croc was brutally damaged!
Can't imagine if our toddlers foot in the shoe!

So far already 3 incidents with crocs ....
so i was prompted to take a "study" on the shoe.
I realised that the rubber is of very high friction.

When the shoe goes stuck on the escalator, the friction causes it to "bite" / cling on to the escalator, hence it gets gobbled up eventually.
Given the short distance, there's hardly any response time ... hence the accidents.

Comparing fake crocs with real ones, the real ones have an even higher friction ability.
So in the above situation, it could be worse.

My conclusion is that croc-wearers (regardless of age) and all toddlers, must stand safely within the escalator steps. Don't go near the edges even if you're not in crocs!

Anyway this is my mini study ... i'm open for discussion!
Just my 2 cents worth ...

Sorry to intrude.
I felt that yr analaysis is spot on. The friction of the rubber are the biggest danger.

If i'm going shopping, I will let my gal wear covered shoes.
Crocs shoes are only worn on outdoors

pcs: thanks!

lachesiz: there there, dun despair. Potato has grown up to be a fine young lady, and a pretty one too!
happy.gif

Eve leo: mine is the opposite, people used to ask me if Dean was a girl! alamak.
ok i admit, sometimes i let dean wear pink cos they were hand-me-down clothes from his female cousins, but in an all blue outfit also can be mistaken as a girl! ;p

Hi mommies,
MIA for a few days cos office flooded and pc network down.

Rachel: Thank you all the aunties for BD wishes! hug hug... muak muak..
happy.gif

Cindy mei mei, daddy and mummy bot another PG blackforest cake on my BD becos they just can't get enough of it, so i cut cake one more time.
How u celebrate your BD?

leo,
your gals are really sweet. Nydia has really nice features and very fair, dun look like boy lah...

Dear Mummies

can share with me , whether I should put my child (2yr old) to childcare (4hr include lunch type) or playgroup (2-3 hour)?

Any mummies can recommend me any playgroup/childcare at Punggol or PASIR ris ?

Thanks very much

croc shoes,

they are actaully better for playing sand. not good for climbing in the playground. I prefer to take my boys on the lifts. think that toddlers are not safe on the escalators.

got my shoelace caught once on the escalator and have to take off my shoe to yank the shoelace off. luckily didnt fall down.

<font color="aa00aa">lachesiz,</font>

u only have "many many frustrating months of experience". shanice is 2 now and i still get "clever boy", "cute boy", "how old is ur boy?"!

that day brot her to visit 1 childcare, the principal also goes ".. he ..." *pengz*

Cody,

U r rite.... 'My paper' did a report on this n their explanation is the same as urs.

Crazy Mummy

crazy.gif
last wk brot nat to a nearby shopping center, I still let her take escalator on her own with the clog shoe.... Crazy mummy rite... hmm... i just make sure i watch her step n be xtra careful when on the escalotor. I saw some shoppers behind pointing at us.. think they shld be saying how come this crazy mum still let her gal take escalotor with clog shoe aft so many incidents.

Eve leo:
really??? when was that article published?

actually you're not being crazy - i think kids should be TAUGHT how to ride the escalator safely, so that they know how to look out for themselves.

of course i'm sure as parents we will look out for our kids as well, but you can't always be there 100%, so its good that you taught Nat!

Rochelle:
oh my such large pumpkins! so fun!
can't agree more that the crocs are good for sand / wet surfaces.
happy.gif

Tks eve leo,

what a coincidence that the article and my "study" is the same!
Hubby and I suddenly think we're genuises! :p

Cody,

Genuises? Shld be genius bah... u r gd at analysing...

Yuru,

Ya.... just rite behind us. i purposely look back becos i know sure got pple said somethg. Think if other parent do so, i may stare at them oso. Maybe becos the worry is there. But im nt so worry with my own child becos i ve the control of her.

i went to Giant over the weekend, and the croc shoes were selling for us $3.90 !!!

these incidents are ruining croc's reputation man...

bulk purchase .....

i m quite disappointed with the bp for the storage bin for toys. i place a dep of 10 dollars. the organiser did not email me when they went to collect the goods. when i email her she say i din reply. but i din get her email.

now the thread is gone.

and she cannot refund me my deposit.

damn sickening

mngo,
how about searching for the organiser's contact via the forum. explain your situation and i am sure someone will have the contact.

jen: yeah i know those at Giant are the fakes...
but even for the fakes, the price plummeted!

Mngo: huh? how come like that?
i think she should also clarify WHY she cannot refund the deposit...

cody

i dunno. and then after my last email to her... she disappear. damn it.

when i emailed to CL, CL cannot help too. he has removed the thread
sad.gif

anyway just take it my 10 dollar to her is kopi money

arghs, i can understand your frustration mngo!
think you should post a message on the forum - ask the other mommies if they have the BP organiser's contact details.

XMAS BASH 2006
*Catering*

1. yam paste (recommended by cody/seagal)
2. curry chicken (recommended by yuru/lachesiz)
3. fried rice (recommended by LL)
4. kong ba bao (recommended by Lachesiz/seagal/yuru)
5. sambal cuttlefish (recommended by lachesiz)
6. Fried Bee Hoon (recommended by yuru)

Event: Dec2004 Babies' Christmas Bash
Date: 17 Dec 2006 (Sunday)
Time: 4.30pm - 10pm
Venue: Bishan (Function Room)

Attendance Update:
- cody, hubby, maid + dean: 3+1
- yuru, hubby + Cindy: 2+1
- Eve leo + Nat : 1+1
- seagal + shermyn : 1+1
- Mngo , hubby + Declan : 2+1
- Joann, Hubby + belly dancer julien : 2+1
- coco1074, hubby + Rachel : 2+1
- LL + Steffi + maid : 2+1
- elmobbger + ger + my mum (can bo?? keke.. she also will be keen to meet all the cuties) : 2 + 1
- TBL + hubby + nat&amp;nat : 2+1+1
- Ethel + josh : 1+1 (hubby's attendance tbc)
- Potato Family: 2 + 1
- KC + hubby + RY + mei mei: 2 + 2
- Cindy + hubby + maid + Clarise: 3 + 1
- Maple + hubby + Aaron : 2+1
- Jen + hubby + Jean: 2+1
- Eve + Wesley + Wilfred + maid : 2 + 2 (hubbys attendance tbc)
- duffymummie+hubby+chloe+maid: 3+1
- Yvonne + hubby + isabelle : 2 + 1 (the gril that you meet at BG, also born in dec)

TOTAL: 38 Adults + 22 younglings

XMAS BASH 2006
*Catering*

1. yam paste (recommended by cody/seagal)
2. curry chicken (recommended by yuru/lachesiz)
3. fried rice (recommended by LL)
4. kong ba bao (recommended by Lachesiz/seagal/yuru)
5. sambal cuttlefish (recommended by lachesiz)
6. Fried Bee Hoon (recommended by yuru)

Event: Dec2004 Babies' Christmas Bash
Date: 17 Dec 2006 (Sunday)
Time: 4.30pm - 10pm
Venue: Bishan (Function Room)

Attendance Update:
- cody, hubby, maid + dean: 3+1
- yuru, hubby + Cindy: 2+1
- Eve leo + Nat : 1+1
- seagal + shermyn : 1+1
- Mngo , hubby + Declan : 2+1
- Joann, Hubby + belly dancer julien : 2+1
- coco1074, hubby + Rachel : 2+1
- LL + Steffi + maid : 2+1
- elmobbger + ger + my mum (can bo?? keke.. she also will be keen to meet all the cuties) : 2 + 1
- TBL + hubby + nat&amp;nat : 2+1+1
- Ethel + josh : 1+1 (hubby's attendance tbc)
- Potato Family: 2 + 1
- KC + hubby + RY + mei mei: 2 + 2
- Cindy + hubby + maid + Clarise: 3 + 1
- Maple + hubby + Aaron : 2+1
- Jen + hubby + Jean: 2+1
- Eve + Wesley + Wilfred + maid : 2 + 2 (hubbys attendance tbc)
- duffymummie+hubby+chloe+maid: 3+1
- Yvonne + hubby + isabelle : 2 + 1 (the gril that you meet at BG, also born in dec)
- Kelly + hubby + gabriel + edward : 2 + 2

TOTAL: 40 Adults + 24 younglings

Xmas Bash

Wow...... this is gog to be a big big party... Im looking forward to it and i belive our kids will enjoy it very much...

XMAS Bash

The namelist is not quite correct leh ...
my record is 41 adults and 25 toddlers.

Let me provide the updated list:
- cody: 3 adults + 1 kid
- yuru: 2+1
- Eve leo: 1+1
- Seagal: 1+1
- Mngo: 2+1
- Joann: 2+1
- coco1074: 2+1
- LL: 2+1
- Elmobbger: 2+1
- TBL: 2+2
- Cindy (celt_723): 3+1
- Ethel: 1+1
- Lachesiz: 2+1
- KC: 2+2
- Mapleleaf: 2+1
- Jen: 2+1
- Eve Au: 2+1
- Duffy: 3+1
- Sulivyn: 1+1
- Yvonne: 2+1
- Kelly: 2+2

Total: 41 adults + 25 kids

Joann / Yvonne:

Do you have yvonne's details?
Notice that she's not in our database - can you pls her to update her details with Jen?

Also, pls tell her about the $15 gift exchange.

==============================================

Kelly,

Can you pls PM your details to me?
Want to confirm the details are as per the year-end moms database...

Tks!

Eve leo: yes its a HUGE party! so huge that i'm getting a headache now.....

Jen &amp; All mommies:
Yes there WILL be entertainment for the kids.
We have Lachesiz and Seagal - they've both volunteered to conduct fun activities such as face painting / telematch / obstacle course.

Nearer that date, depending on the venue &amp; space available, we may also request for each mommy to bring 1 toy. The toy will form a central pool of toys for all the toddlers to play, to keep them occupied after the telematch activities have concluded.

And sorry for being a nag, PLS REMEMBER TO BRING A $15 GIFT FOR EXCHANGE. Very impt, and no ang pows pls!
happy.gif

Pls wrap the gift, and indicate who it is from (ie the name of your kid &amp; mommy)

Thank you...

Cody, re the party entertainment, Lach volunteered her hubby the last time to do face painting only lah.
Telematch/Obstacle course: With 41 adults and 21 kids, we will probably need a football field! I dun really know how we can pull this off, haha. Thot we can just let the kids chase bubbles and work out at the playground leh.

LOL the football field!
hopefully joann is able to get her condo's function room + adjoining aerobics room.
Together it can accomodate 100pax!

If Joann succeeds, means there's plenty of room for everyone including the entertainment!
happy.gif

Can i leave the creativity of the entertainment to Lach and you? I score a big fat 0 in this area leh ....

Thank you!

cody,
oh ... the venue not fixed yet huh ? i thot it's confirmed at KC's condo.

Yuru,
kekeke ... i love watching how shermyn interacts with other kids too ... just give them some balls to kick &amp; toss also fun hor.

hi seagal,

our attendance list for the party has swelled considerably, hence we are looking for alternative venues that can accomodate everyone comfortably.

KC's condo IS confirmed, but the room is a tad small. If all else fails, we will be back to square one, ie KC's condo.
happy.gif

hi mummies,

i have selected the menu with inputs some mummies who had tried the food. since we had decided on the $10/pax menu, we can choose 11 dishes

1) Fried beehoon (kids suitable)
2) curry chicken
3) kong ba bao (ks - for the bao part)
4) sambal cuttlefish
5) braised beancurd (ks)
6) fish with spring onion (ks)
7) sweet and sour prawn (ks)
8) chicken nugget (ks)
9) oyster siow peh
10) soa sauce duck (ks)
11) yam (ks)
12) drinks (complimentary)

i was thinking maybe 11 dishes is too much. toying around the idea of the $9/pax for 8 dishes menu. i will try to see whether can get 1 free dish from the caterer.

plse feedback on the meu selection. thanks

joann,
the menu looks yum. maybe 8 dishes will suffice.
(theres still cake after dinner)
I am not a pro-prawn party person cos if find it so difficult to eat, deshell, chase after a roadrunner/tas devil at the same time.

cody.
this is the party of the year!
really hope can get alternate venue.
omg.. 25 kiddos.. dun think hb can paint so many faces..

seagal.
proposed ''activities''
1) arts and crafts aka decor (wallpaper the room with mahjong paper so kids can help decorate the place too...:p )
2) eating competition aka dinner
3) treasure hunt aka clean up.
ok i bo liao early in the morn again.............
but the kids have each other as playmates so dont need alot of activities..

so lets keep it simple:
1) Face painting (but so many kiddos, hb cant cope, so i suggest parents chip in to paint and have fun too!)
2) Bubbles (irresistable to all. who bring?)
3) Balls (irresistable to all. who bring?)
4) Paper n coloring materials.. (can keep some occupied for a while)(who bring?)
5) playground
happy.gif

6) toys (volunteers)

Accolades:
For 22months,
you sheltered me and kept me dry.
For 22months,
you protected me from embarrassing public situations
For 22months,
you made my butt looks bigger and firmer

For your tireless contributions regardless of rain or poo,
I Thank You my Bumwear, Fuzzibunz and Pampers

A week ago, rae decided that she doesnt want to wear diapers to sleep anymore.
She was adamant about it.
She kept promising that she will go to the toilet and poo(aka pee) and
she told us she wants to wear panty n not diaper or she rather be naked.
Its been 7 nights, and only one mini puddle.

What is weird is that since she slept without diaper, she has been sleeping through the night.
Something which she has not done since the day she was born.
She used to wake up average 2-3x every night.
Now, I can finally sleep through too. I hope this continues
happy.gif

lach,
i dislike prawn too and i hate duck. i had confirmed with the caterer that if we take the $9/pax, he will give one extra ngoh hiang dish(cant choose) on top of the 8 dishes. what do you mummies think? enough ??

Menu if go by $9/pax
1) Fried beehoon (kids suitable)
2) curry chicken
3) kong ba bao (ks - for the bao part)
4) sambal cuttlefish
5) fish with spring onion (ks)
6) chicken nugget (ks)
7) oyster siow peh
8) yam (ks)
9) ngoh hiang (complimentary)
10) drinks (complimentary)

Lach,
Rae can sleeps without diaper through the night? No accident happened? Wa, thats amazing! She can control so well leh! Congrats to you! Finally u can sleep through too! My Wilfred is diaper-off during his nap times but not at night lor! cos if his nap more than 2 hours, accident still would happen. Think he still not ready yet.
Anyway, I think I shall try to let him diaper free at night one of these days.
happy.gif

tks joann!

menu looks ok, agree that 11 dishes is quite alot.
I'm also an anti-prawn, anti-bone person when it comes to catering, but the majority votes wins.

If we take the $9 menu, does it mean we have to meet their min pax of 40? Don't think we will be catering that much...

Tks joann!

Lachesiz:

Congrats! now you can channel the diaper money to more clothes for rae!!

How did you "safeguard" the mattress on which rae sleeps? That's my biggest worry, cos i got no space to sun dean's mattress should he pee on it....

Re the entertainment, can i trouble you and seagal to settle the toys/machines/mahjong paper/ crayons etc?
There is a $50 budget for it, let me know if its sufficient.

Re the face-painting, maybe the kids can take turns? Alternatively parents can also do the face painting themselves.
My poor son - given his mommy's poor art abilities - he will look more like a monster than anything else!

Thanks!!

Joann,
Anything on the menu is fine.

Lach,
Congrats on Rae's latest achievement! Bravo!!

<font color="0000ff">Bubble Gun</font>
I will bring one too.
Yuru, u don't have to bring the bubbles solution, I will bring.

gotta go...bz at work...

aiyo, i very busy this wk, no time to log in. next wk have to go Batam, lagi sian!!!
sad.gif

bubble gun
i will bring one.
happy.gif

seagal, u got enough bubbles solution bo? i think i still ahve 2 small bottles at home, can bring too.

diaper-less
dont know why lei, out of sudden natalie decided to keep silence when she wants pee pee. she rejects pee at potty now! only will tell us and willing to use toilet when she poo. hope this is only temporary.

Back