(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

guess_jan,
good idea hor!
happy.gif

cheap and chemical free.....
happy.gif
why didnt i think of it?!

wat does tradtitional cake for bb's full mth usually consist of ? ixxit dialect group dependent ?

wat i saw from my colleagues, usually they hv
1) red eggs
2) a cake
3) glutunious rice (someimtes dun hv)
4) ang ku kuay

tbl
is not too late toh! hehee. U can actually choose those with individual koisk like QB hse. I always go to Millien Walk cuz is quite spacious and it is individual koisk so u dun even have anyone sit beside u. Of cuz except the stylist.

oranges,
can do hair cut lah! if not we will look very untidy lor... may be u can consider guessjan's idea: QB house!

oranges... i work in a big company, we've got a few floors in a bldg.
happy.gif
the 30 ovr ppl is juz frm 2 depts i work with oni! cos i hv been contributing 4 any 'occasions' 4 these 2 depts, so sort of expecting they might rtn the favor (i hope!)

depends on where u order the cake. if bengawan solo, think standard is $5-$8? am thinking of maybe getting other cakes, but definitely depending on budget!
happy.gif
coffee bean cakes r really pretty, but pretty ex 2!!!

chihiro,
how is yr appetitie these days? mine seems increase since few days ago. good appetite but still cant eat too full or will throw-up leh!

yes ladies...most traditional full mth package will include what Chihiro has juz mentioned. But of cuz u can cut to only cake and red eggs. So for me will juz give cake vouchers for my frends and col lor. Save trouble mah. And I guess some ppl quite pantang...they dun allow their kids eat bb's full mth cake or birthday cake..so giving vouchers they can buy other food mah.

oranges... oh ya, the price i quoted above dun include the things chihiro mentioned, juz cakes. but i will want red eggs as well, more like birthday mah.
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">tbl</font>
appetite ah ... quite ok
can eat almost anything .. finally satisfied my tau suan craving yesterday .. hehehe..
like wat u said, cant eat too much else will throw up lor ..
when's ur nx chkup? mine is nx wk.. coz din draw blood for blood test on my visit ..

<font color="ff6000">guess</font>
juz curious y pantang of letting kids to eat full month cakes huh?
108186.gif

chihiro..not sure leh..but last time when im still a kid...i ever heard my friend told me tat their parents dun allow them to attend birthday party or eat any cakes relating to the same type of celb. So i assume this customs may cont. to our generation lor.

my chkup is nx monday
decided to apply 1 day leave on tt day ..
then can kpo ard the my mum's pl hse when my mum makes ba zhang ! kekekeke ...

chihiro..is tuan wo jie next week meh. Wah..if it is..i tink im going to put on alot of weight cuz i like to eat ba zhang alot leh.
happy.gif
Yummy

ya .. nx tues (22 Jun) is 5th of 5th Lunar mth
i oso wan to eat ba zhang .. heheheh ...
love the kao la esp !! *droool*
too bad i dunno how to make..
tink must learn from my mum .. still prefer her ba zhang's taste most !.. hee..

chihiro,
my nxt gynea visit is coming sat, looking forward leh! hope can see bb's gender. think will draw blood during the visit too.

btw think this year cant take too much ba chang, coz normally will drink tea with ba chang, but now cant take tea. so better limit the intake lor..

are, I think I hv to see what my colleagues are getting for me. Hee..now must stinge liao. But based on past exp, normally we chip in $10 per person to buy NTUC vouchers for the new mum. If this is wat I get,then prob will issue cake vouchers to them...else will buy 3-4 boxes of cakes for them to share...cos I dun intend to invite them to my hse during my bb full mth. Just family members, relatives and close frenz will do.

TBL,
Quite frightening to hear tat, it's so difficult coming by to the 5th mth. So far throughout my pregnancy, I went to cut my hair once onli. Intend to do so again a mth before my due date and I will apply leave and go when there is not many pple ard.

chihiro,

baby's full month goodies are dialect group dependent. hokkiens and cantonese have slightly different sets of goodies so I'll let my mum and MIL let us know what we have to order for our aunts and uncles.

for my side (hokkien) we actually make our own red eggs. very cheap and easy. no need to pay premium. ang ku kueh can make the jelly kind if your relatives are "modern". I got quite a few of those home-made jelly ang ku kuehs and they are nice to eat.

Our cousins and friends are happy with coming for a nice buffet and having fun so no need to prepare anything traditional for them.

we are also not allowed to eat full month cake by my mum but dunno reason why. she just heard that it is not good for us. I also not allowed to visit people who have just given birth in hospital but will go without telling my mum becos paiseh not to go.

<font color="ff6000">rochelle</font>
do u hv any idea wats the bb's full mth goodies for cantonese then?

i like ur idea of making jelly ang ku kuehs ... kekeke ...

oranges.. ya lor, ard tat price normally. tot i rem my mum ordering angkus for my sis's bb. so if same for me, then i will make my own eggs, then juz distribute lor. will save the top up on the cake then.
happy.gif

Chihiro
u follow yr hubby dialect group or yrs? I'm a cantonese, hubby is ke jia.But tink i marry him shd follow his dialect group right?

are...i do the red eggs myself too. At 1st i tot is quite easy but actually not.
sad.gif

But i will do it again for my 2nd bb..quite fun lor. :p

oranges..not really. If u need to give cakes to ur hubby's relatives..of cuz u will hve to follow his customs lor..but u can always follow cantonese customs for ur own relatives.

<font color="ff6000">Orange</font>
my hubby is cantonese n im teochew..
actually i oso dunno who to follow ..
either follow 100% hubby's side or wat ..
will ask my mum/mil how things are usually done for these occasion and decide from there i guess

Chihiro,

My newest nephew is going to turn one-month old next month and both my BIL &amp; SIL are cantonese. I let you know later what my MIL give out.

my cousins gave us jelly ang ku kuehs with ice-cream fillings before becos they were in the mood to make them. very nice to eat.

safest is ask your MIL for what she needs to give relatives for the full month. they like to be asked and they would actually help to prepare or collect the food stuff. at least if MIL forgot something than not our fault
happy.gif

also got some traditions for full month that your in-laws might want you to follow. like for my dad's side, we have to prepare ancient coins tied with red thread, jade bangle for the baby; then the aunties and uncles would give gold pendents or anklets. also have to trim baby's hair. I got a gold anklet for my wedding from my hubby's grandma during tea ceremony that is meant for "zao sheng gui zi" so probably have to wear that on baby.

guess jan... is it tat tough? tot wen i was young, my mum do like quite easy leh. anyway, cf lady &amp; MIL shd be ard to help, i hope!
happy.gif
anyway, 1st born, a bit of effort nvrmd lah! hehehe...

<font color="ff6000">rochelle</font>
ya.. will ask them abt it.. kinda respect lah ..
if they like something to be included, then will do lah ..

anyway, dunno whether my MIL know wat to giv or not .. coz she oso teochew..

tot do red eggs is ez..

1. hard boil all the eggs
2. coat them with red dye

done !
not so meh ?

are..mayb when i do tat time i d not ask anyone lor. I juz buy the colouring then start boiling the eggs and put the eggs into the red colour water...so some of the eggs hve uneven colour.

i oso dun realli do the practical before .. always see my mum do ... :p

Orange,

I follow both customs for our chinese wedding and my in-laws dont mind. as long as auspicious for baby and "noisy atmosphere" they are very happy. gifts for my dad's side would have to follow their custom while gifts for my hubby's side would have to follow cantonese customs.

TBL,

I take alot of chysanthemum tea if I am eating at family gatherings (food like 8 course dinner amount). But no Iron Buddha (tie guanyin) or Pu-Er or Oolong as these are stronger teas.

guess jan... well, tis time round u shd be expert liao rite? else, i can oso tell u wat happened to mine cos u will deliver aft my bb 1st mth anyway!
happy.gif

chihiro...think becoz of the colouring..u always get 1 side with very red while the otherside jzu nice. So when the egg is dry up with the red dye..u will find the portion tat looks very red quite scary. hahaa. So i guess u cant put the colour too thick and always hve to keep rolling the egg till its dry.

hahaha... maybe we shd see who has succeeded b4 &amp; organise a practical class! bt i tot u muz put it on an egg tray so it can dry properly. but i definitely noe u cant put too much colouring cos its really really very red. think a few drops max oni. last time i did agar agar oso turned out blood red!!!
happy.gif

chihiro...think becoz of the colouring..u always get 1 side with very red while the otherside jzu nice. So when the egg is dry up with the red dye..u will find the portion tat looks very red quite scary. hahaa. So i guess u cant put the colour too thick and always hve to keep rolling the egg till its dry.

Ladies,
For those who have felt fetal movement, where do u usually feel it eg. must it be under your navel? Is it uncomfortable?

Joyful,
I started feeling it last week and no, not comfortable at all...in fact, the feeling's amazing!
happy.gif
i look forward to it every day!

Hi Gals,

remember my mum tried prepared the red eggs before and same problem happened (color not even), later dun know she learnt from who that the trick is to add a few drop of white rice venigar into the coloring, this can help stabilised the colouring on the egg shell and make it evenly coloured. Remember mum said the results were quite good (she did it three times already).

he he, can someone try it out and let us know whether it works??
happy.gif

tan tan...oh i forgot...i oso added the rie venigar into the colouring..but somehow it still turn out uneven. Sigh..mayb wat some ppl say is dun hve the cooking hand so cant do it nicely.
sad.gif

peg peg,
Over the weekend, I feel some slight discomfort on the right side of my waist...like something pulling. Maybe just due to expanding waistline.

I only feel like whole stomach turning when i sit up on bed...i need to wait for a few seconds for him to settle down whenever i wake up before i get out of bed.

went for a swim yesterday. could still fit into my bikini. we had a float and so I have a fun time lying on the float and paddling myself everywhere. then did some light aqua aerobics. maybe go swimming again this weekend if hubby is free.

joyful,
i also felt the pulling effect when i sneeze sometimes, so worried that i may harm the baby...and that pull can be quite painful...

well, what i felt was like a wave-like movement, like something just swim across my tummy and felt a bit of poking...

maybe u can try getting up from ur bed slowly by turning to your side and using your arms to support your body.

peg peg,
Mine not painful but slight discomfort. I know what u mean on the sneezing part...but i wasn't sneezing when i felt it. Yeah i do use my hands to push up my body maybe i must do it more slowly now. Like today overslept..literally jumped out of bed.

I think i only felt a poke once in wk15..happened so fast..as for "swims" i faintly remembered once or twice. I'm still not at the stage where i can feel everyday.

joyful,
do be careful, yea, think u should try to get up even slower now...

do you also feel pain sometimes when you sneeze/cough?

peg,
Yeah will go slow now. Only sometimes when sneezing. I heard someone said to bend down slightly when sneezing then u wun feel so much of an impact. Maybe u can try.

peg peg/joyful... i do tat as well, i'll bend slightly when i need to sneeze. feels tat at least i'm not stretching my tummy lor. esp now wen my tummy is already so stretched!
happy.gif

my bb movements hv always been below the navel, sometimes left, sometimes rite.

joyful and are,
thanks, i'll bend slightly now when i need to sneeze. the pain's quite scary...
yea, also feel that my tummy's being stretched to the max. and feels very tight esp. after dinner...
happy.gif

rochelle,
wah... u mentioned ang ku kueh filled with ice-cream. Sounds delicious. Wish people will sell that! I reckon it'd taste something like japanese mochi ice cream (rice dough covering ice cream)!

I haven't been swimming only soaking... I can't swim. Bought a bikini specially for this stretch- top and bottom can tie adjustable. Old bikini definitely cannot fit in
sad.gif

Lately feeling very tired and lethargic. Always needing to rest on the bed though not sleep as much. Can't walk too much either, tiredness just strikes me. And calves aching abit more. Leg cramps about 4 or 5 times already. Tummy distending beyond my already extended bustline, think getting rather big and feeling quite uncomfortable physically... like dragging big heavy load around me. Wonder how I can manage in later mths, I better finish buying the remmants of my list!

Back