(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

gd morning all MTB

chihiro
i did...my auntie bought me the anmum-1 - milk drink for pregnant women.....is a milk powder form.....but i only drink on alt days...cause my friend say milk powder very heaty...dun noe true a not

<font color="ff6000">hi berry</font>
i c
is it advisable for us to drink cold milk then?
like HL milk from the fridge .. :p

<font color="aa00aa">chihiro,</font>
i have 2 tins at home. 1 tin given by gynae, 1 tin bought myself. but hor, i only took once, then leave it there to rot liao
lol.gif

now taking cheese, hoping to replace milk.

<font color="aa00aa">yingzi,</font>
yup, my gynae oso measured my weight &amp; pressure, but only starting from wk 8, i think.

cos there's milk powder specially for preggies mah. but heard AnMum quite fattening. maybe u go NTUC &amp; compare the various brands (e.g AnMum, FrisoMum, EnfaMum....) then decide which to buy lor.

<font color="aa00aa">mtmtmt,</font>
it's for protein and albumin? what's albumin?

the urine test stip has 2 indicators, so i thot it's for diabetes &amp; protein
lame.gif

Curly,
Dun b sad.. I've read in some website tt such things happened bcause it's God's way of selecting the strongest to survive.. It may b a good thing to end it sooner as now u still not very attached to it, if it's meant to bring on more prob for u and hubby in the future if it stay on..God is now preparing a stronger one for u
51156.gif
.. I'm sure U'll b stronger too the nxt time to welcome this nxt better gift from God! Meantime, Take Great Care on yr health! Take this opportunity to build up yr body for the nxt challenge..We'll c u soon ..
51157.gif

Odie, Chihiro, Yee Yee,
Where r u all gg for holiday? So shiok! I long time nvr step out of Singapore .. Life very sian and dry here.. Envy Envy ..

Odie,
I've also read b4 tt waking up several times is actually a kind of subscious training to prepare ourself for motherhood in the near future
51158.gif

Adeline,
I also having headaches sometimes.. I avoid medications . just like Wendyl I go to bed early and nxt morning wake up .. voila.. all's well again! So I thot it's our bb's telling us we very tired hehe..

Btw, I starting to have dry nipples and flakes started peeling off on top of Colostrum leaking.. so have u seen yr gynae for the cream?

Wendyl,
Sorry.. I seldom come in at times .. U were asking abt Colostrum rite .. it's actually a pre-milk. almost clear in colour tt appears when u fm mayb 16th - 20th wks..but mine appeared a bit earlier at wk 15.. mayb I stimulated my breast too much.when dried up it looks a bit light yellow quite like milk.. and is full of nutrients for yr bb ya..some ladies have leaking breasts (I remember David Beckham's wife also having tt when she's wif her first child) while some ladies blissed thru'..

hey ladies,
I thot the triple test only testing for down symdrome leh and I was contemplating whether to do it or not.. if also incl. other test, I will certainly opt for it.. me also gg to do it at my nxt visit leh..

Not Sure,
how come yr blood test for all these is done so early? Surprised! cause 1st Tri usually gynae will not advised a lot of spending as it's a vulnerable period.. the main concern is to make sure it's a growing pregnancy only rite.. so it's kinda redundant for all these detailed tests at the moment leh..

<font color="ff6000">angelia</font>
i c .. ok thanks !

<font color="ff6000">hi cubbiebb</font>
oh .. am gg to krabi for a getaway trip .
suppose to go snorkelling, etc ..
but now .. can only sun tan read bks ..

hi not sure,
i think the blood test you can do earlier.in fact you can do it before you are pregnant!! but for mummies who haf never taken the test before like most of us, some gynaes prefer to do the down syndrome test together with the other bloodtest for syphilis, rubella and thales***..

i am doing them altogether at 15 week.

by the way, i got myself a new gynae. was actually schedule for the blood test at KKH on 16th..but now my new gynae can do it for me..so i will just go to him..he is also very very detailed in explaining things to me and hubby. the consultation was like an hour because i was there early and he just chit chat wif me. keke

angelia, yah 2 indicators but I was told it's just for protein ie. albumin in urine.

I had my blood pressure and weight monitored every visit- 5wk, 7wk and 9wk. So far gained 1kg... gynae said ok. Told gynae I dun take milk regularly cos am lactose-intolerant, she said it's ok too, my weight gain won't be as much as if I took milk lor.

Can get alternative sources of calcium, so far I dun think I have any deficiency there... but heard some women will have flaking nails, weak teeth if insufficient.

chihiro, avoid sun... ur body temperature already higher than usual because of foetus.

Hi Angelia,

Can please update me to your list? My EDD is 3rd Oct. This is what the Gynae told me the first day of visit. But last Sat , went to see her and scan, she said wk12, edd change to end of sept. So this week should be wk13. Which EDD shall I follow? Please advise. Thanks.

<font color="aa00aa">pets,</font>
the 2nd EDD shld be a more accurate
happy.gif

will update u into the list.

ya, can get calcium from ikan bilis too. so now me taking quite a bit of "mi hoon kway"
lol.gif
oso asked my mum to fry some ikan bilis for me, but dunno when she'll get down to doing it.

<font color="aa00aa">mtmtmt,</font>
i c. maybe i dbl check with the nurse next monday
wink.gif

u oso visiting ur gynae at 2 wks interval? me too. was thinking is it too frequent cos many others had their appt at 1 mth interval.

Hi angelia, normally one visits the gynae more often if your pregnancy is unstable. For me, it's also on a fortnightly basis cos I had spotting in 1st tri. Last time was weekly visits. But my fren only see her gynae like once a mth...

Hi Angelia,

My Gynae didn't tell me EDD change to end of Sept. Base on my scan, they will show how many wks and days and EDD date right? Base on my last scan, it stated end of sept. So don't know which one to take. Heard from colleague, the EDD will change as the BB grows bigger. Only a guide. Normally for our case, we will cater from mid of Sept to mid of Oct. What you think?

angelia, I was visiting at 2wks interval cos 1st visit too early to detect anything more than a sac, and 2nd visit I had spotting. 3rd visit all-clear... so now lapsing a longer period before next visit.

However, am not sure if I want to switch gynae... she's perfectly fine just that her diseases bloodtest is separate timing from the triple test- according to someone above, can schedule all same date, at later time yah? I dun wan so many needles... gynae knows leh, dunno why she didn't suggest. Hmm. Never time, I'd sleep on this matter and decide abit later :p

<font color="aa00aa">pets,</font>
oh, now i oso base on the EDD stated on the scan. but it still tallies with what my gynae told me (or did he tell me based on the scan too?
lol.gif
)

<font color="ff6000">mtmtmt</font>
oops ... looks like i've got to be indoor or with drown with sun blk liao ...

<font color="ff6000">angelia</font>
ok .. ikan bilis ...
btw, can you update me to ur list too
thanks ;)

Hi all,

Thanks for your good advices! I think I will not take the blood test this afternoon, but will instead wait until the pregnancy is stable first, else if something happens along the way *touch wood*, then the blood test will be kinda wasted!

Hi bebechic,

Dun mind telling me who's your new gynae? Wow! 1 hour consultation is very detailed! Usually I was told that for such routine checkups the gynae will just rush things through. I have not seen my recommended gynae yet, just hope he turns out okay.

hi not sure..you want to give me your email..then i give you his contacts?

where you intend to deliver?

i also like him becoz his charges are very reasonable and he's nice.

bbchic,

wow how come ur consultation so long...mine think less than 10 mins. Doc normally will just chk if I'm ok, do a scan for me, tell me the results and see if I hv any further qns...tat's all!

MTBs,
For me, I see the gynae once every 3 weeks but I still find it long cos sometimes u are just too anxious to know if bb is doing fine and well inside ur stomach. So I can't wait for every visit and look v forward to it.

Hi all, dun u think it's better that the consultation is short? Like my hubby says, we see from scan that heartbeat is there, bb is growing well, that's y gynae got nothing to be longwinded abt... in other words, your pregnancy is progressing well
happy.gif

CubbieBB... I'm going to Switzerland and stopping over at Paris and London. Looking forward to it =)

Heard from ex-colleague that Mothercare in London is cheaper and she got quite a bit of stuff there for a friend the other time she was there. So going to check it out when I'm there. If its really so... will try and cart as much back as I can... kekekekek =p

<font color="aa00aa">odie,</font>
do bear in mind the exchange rate though.
happy.gif

my BIL oso say it's cheaper over there, but he's earning pounds, we're earning sin dollar leh.

gd morning all the MTB...

the day has come...finally is my appointment with my gynae...very excitied....hope i am able to see the gender of my baby.....

today, think my gynae will ask for my decision on the blood test...still unsure whether i need to do a not....

mtmtmt...
is it true that drink milk will gain more weight....aiyo...other than milk...where should we get our calcium from ? ...maybe i should cut down my milk intake.....i am so scared to gain more than 15 to 20 kg....

Morning Adeline,
it's not that drink milk = gain more weight. It's that most Asians dun normally drink milk, and when they suddenly drink alot of it during pregnancy... well, if suddenly take alot of something you normally don't, will gain weight right?
happy.gif

Just bought 2 books from Borders $75... information overload *headache*.

Found out there's a special contoured pillow $15 by Babysafe (ie. breathable to reduce SIDS too). Contoured to reduce flat heads, yay! All along I had only seen the normal non-contoured pillows, lucky didn't buy yet.

<font color="ff6000">hi adeline</font>
my MIL was telling me last night tt is gd to drink fresh soya bean milk ...
but dun take too much tou hua .. got some stuff inside which make soya bean milk harden to become tou hua

<font color="aa00aa">adeline,</font>
wow, u muz be very excited? so u hoping for boy or gal?

think those self made soyabean milk not much calcium. maybe u can try cheese? think 2 slices a day is sufficient
happy.gif

think won't gain much weight if u drink milk. but do compare the content for the various brands (AnMum, FrisoMum, EnfaMum) of milk lor. think different brands got different fat content. heard AnMum is the "fattest", but i nvr really compare lah.

Adeline,

U can take those calcium rich food like sardines, ikan bilis, yogurt, cheese. For milk, maybe can take those low fat milk like HL, Marigold.

Wow..u must be veri excited and eager to know. So do I but me gonna wait for 2 mths, I think...

51304.jpg

<font face="courier new"> <font color="0000ff">as @
.. .. .. .. .. . EDD

aurora ......... 08/09/04
cubbiebb ....... 12/09/04
expecting_mum .. 12/09/04
mom ............ 20/09/04
berry .......... 21/09/04
bebechic ....... 26/09/04
pets ........... 30/09/04
angelia ........ 04/10/04
yingzi ......... 10/10/04
heather ........ 10/10/04
mtmtmt ......... 18/10/04
micky .......... 23/10/04
wendyl ......... 24/10/04
yeeyee ......... 24/10/04
cosmo .......... 01/11/04
curly .......... 02/11/04
odie ........... 05/11/04
chihiro ........ 24/11/04

<font color="119911">remind me if I left u out or get ur date wrong</font>
wink.gif

</font></font>

yah lor...i very excited....dun noe ley...acutally boy or girl also can ...
happy.gif

angelia...now i drinking anmum....maybe when i finish anmum...i will get those HL milk...

MTMTMT..
so cheap...i bought one book from popular..cost me 50 dollars....

Hello all!

Do any of you know if we can drink Brand's Essence of Chicken? My colleagues said they never drink before during their pregnancy but I'm so so tired I could just fall asleep right in front of my computer now. Need to drink something to wake me up!

Thanks!

<font color="aa00aa">not sure,</font>
think i remember my gynae mention it's okie to drink Essence of Chicken but not those herbs cos we nvr know what's packed.

not sure..
its ok to drink! the green packaging one..dun drink those wif herbs...i have been drinking 2 bottles per week.

hi MTBs,
jus pop by tis new thread to say hi
51320.gif

it's nice to hav a yr end bb
51321.gif
. i m born almost last day of the yr. my mum told me confinement oso not so hot.
the pregnancy will progress w lots of excitement.. esp the detailed scan to know boy or girl.
take gd care
51322.gif

I just went to scan and can c my boy's birdie liao.. he's quite a shy chap like my hubby..we saw his left hand overlapping his right hand.. like very shy like tt hee hee..

Odie,
u so shiok.. gg to Swiss.. my dreamland.. the only land free fm WorldWar.. such a marvellous land I would luv to step on it one day.. Have a Nice Trip!

Adeline,
me also taking a lot of Anmum but instead of getting fatter, I'm losing weight leh.. and the strange thing is though i'm losing weight, my tummy is getting bigger very fast.. but my gynae said it's ok to lose weight as long as bb is growing .. hmm...

Hi,

Just went to see a new gynae today. He advised me to abstain from oily, spicy, dairy and food with too much vit c eg.kiwi, orange. Even milo, soyabean also dun drink. He said these cause stomach discomfort...helps to prevent vomit, gas and excessive gastric juice. I told him then no beverage left already...he told me drink ribena, holicks. What did your gynae advise you to drink?

joyful,
I c... but I thot milo and soyabean is good? I took these 2 items no stomach discomfort leh.. though have flatulence.. thot it's normal during pregnancy? My gynae's nurse promotes Enfamama leh.. they nvr say cannot take all these things leh..

In fact, these 2 wks my appetite has been very very bad.. if not for the milk.. i dun think my bb is getting any nutrients at all... seriously ..

On the other hand, I've heard the gals here mentioned dun take too much glucose contents so as to avoid the risk of gestional diabetes rite.. thot Ribena is one of them?

CubbieBB,

He says the fermenting is more prevalent in milo and soyabean. I got no stomach discomfort too but he doesn't want me to accumulate too much gas cos i keep having cramps. Is it true that cannot take ribena at all or cannot drink daily? But it's rich in vitamin C? It was clearly indicated in the label that Ribena is suitable for kids>1yr old, adults &amp; expectant mother.

Btw what other food causes gestational diabetes?

joyful,
dun noe leh.. i try not to take Ribena daily, even the soyabean i will tell the vendor to put less sucrose..

I think high blood sugar in yr blood will gradually lead to gestational diabetes.. somemore, if it's genetic in yr family to have diabetes, like myself, it is best to refrain frm having too much sugar. Also, moving to the 3rd Tri, our wt will increase tremendously, if we take too much carbohydrates now at 1st and 2nd Tri, we may b overwt by the 3rd Tri and if our system can't efficiently break down the carbohydrates, our blood will b left with a lot of sugar and this will also lead to gestional diabetes..

But the overall issue is to take everything in moderation.. can take but too much of everything is no good too, in any sense ya...

This is wat I understand.. correct me if I'm wrong..

morning all the MTBs...

hey, me also take ribena ...dun like those soft drinks...

hey Cubbie, I just did my scan on friday too...
mine also a baby boy.....but gynae say 70% ...

for my headache...my gynea say its ok to take panadol....but not too often...

for my dry nipples...gynea say can use normal moisturer..

Hi Morning...

Ya me oso taking ribena and milo, without them then basically I'm left with nothing to drink. Din take them everyday but it's like 3x a week.

Wow, so fast u gals oredy know the gender of ur bb, can start shopping.

Adeline, maybe u can try to take more rest and see if it helps in curbing ur headache, not so gd to take so much medication now.

Back