(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

Hi curly, so sorry to hear that. U take good care of urself...

Hi amie, I also take cold apples occassionally. Esp nowadays I feel hot easily. But dun take cold stuff all the time. Once in a while, it's okie.

hi curly,
sorry to hear tt... do take care of your health.. HUGS..

hi all,
am reporting to tis thread here..
wat fruits we must not take other than pineapple?
hv been eating watermelon wonder if its too cooling ..

Hey MTBs,

Just wan to check...I can onli sleep on my side ever since I preggie cos veri uncomfy to sleep with my back resting on the bed..but lately realised that I dun feel any discomfort. Oso I dun feel as nauseous as I used to be. Just concerned if my bb is alright...cos last time those are the symptoms that makes me feel comforted that my bb is strong. Can't help feeling worried.

chihiro, actually, all fruits can be taken in moderation (a little of any fruit won't hurt), but the supposedly liang ones are watermelon, oranges, fragrant pears, del monte bananas, starfruits.

curly, I'm really sorry. Please take care.

Yingzi, as you progress into 2nd tri, its normal to feel much better in every aspect. Initially when my condition improved I was also very worried. Now I'm more used to it liao. I think your body is already adjusting well to the pregnancy, thats why less discomfort.

Thks Berry...tat's realli veri comforting...ya I'll be moving into my 2nd Tri end this mth.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Curly..u take care too..dun worry too much, God will watch over u. Can understand how u feel now.

Curly,

Take care, so sorry to hear about that. God will bless you with another baby soon.

Ladies, 1st trismester end on week 13 right? and 14 weeks onwards then considered as 2nd trimester?

Chihiro, nice to see you here. hv you see a gynae? all fruits shld be able to take, but i think no pineapple..very liang. used to hv a saying in hokkien when woman menses refuse to come "bui lai jiat ong lai"..think the older folks all agree that pineapple is very liang. also dun eat grass jelly, another super liang stuff

Hi Curly, do take care...

Yingzi, dun worry, berry is right ! Soon, you'll be able to feel the baby's kicks!

hi curly...
sori to hear abt it. do rest well after the d&c and make sure u build up ur body...
happy.gif
in no time, u will be conceiving again. dun hang on to wat has happened.
but how come ur gynae performed d&c after u hv spotting? as in wat reali happened to warrant the d&c?

hi chihiro...
watermelons can be cooling as well. dun take them too often. other fruits to avoid include the delmonte kind of big bananas... and papayas as well...

yingzi...
sleeping on ur sides will ease ur discomfort.
happy.gif
if poss, sleep on the left, cos its supposedly better for bb... aid blood circulation or something...
happy.gif
and ur ms shld be starting to ease off... whh is good...
happy.gif
dun wori so much...

micky, yup, to be more accurate, 2nd tri starts 14th week. But then, give or take a week should be fine.

aurora, I am in very early 2nd tri now, really can't wait for my baby's first kick keke..

chihiro, to add on what I said earlier about fruit. I think micky brought up a good point about pineapples, I do take a little of all fruits (even watermelon, yum yum) but not pineapple. Better to belive than regret, besides,its not that nice haha..

hi hi Curly, sorry to hear dat...please take care...

hi girls...do you all have headache...dun know why ....i seem get headache very easily this few weeks....the headache affect my emotions and sleep
sad.gif

CubbieBB
yah my nipple area dry and itchy....so i will let my gynae know when i see him this friday....see whether he can prescribe any cream for me....will let you know....

51014.jpg

<font face="courier new"> <font color="0000ff">as @ 22-Mar
.. .. .. .. .. . EDD

aurora ......... 08/09/04 wk 15
cubbiebb ....... 12/09/04 wk 16
expecting_mum .. 12/09/04 wk 16
mom ............ 20/09/04 wk 14
berry .......... 21/09/04 wk 14
bebechic ....... 26/09/04 wk 13
angelia ........ 04/10/04 wk 12
yingzi ......... 10/10/04 wk 11
heather ........ 10/10/04 wk 11
micky .......... 23/10/04 wk 09
wendyl ......... 24/10/04 wk 09
yeeyee ......... 24/10/04 wk 09
cosmo .......... 01/11/04 wk 08
curly .......... 02/11/04 wk 08
odie ........... 05/11/04 wk 07

</font></font>
do let me know if i missed out anyone.. think i dun hv quite a no. of ur EDD
happy.gif

Hi curly, so very sorry for your loss, pls take care.

Hi wendyl, I think maybe she meant don't use more than 1 question mark (?) in your posts.
Eg. How come?
NOT
How come???

It makes some of us very panicky. I'm also in 1st trimester only and sometimes I get more anxious after reading your questions... because of so many "???"
I know difficult when you are worried, when I had spotting my posts also very panicky... try to control lor
happy.gif

Hi Berry, oops I didn't know 2nd trimester starts 14th week, and I was thinking I was going to be done with 1st trimester in 2 weeks, sigh.

Ladies, how do u feel about baby-dancing? Gets both HB and I very anxious, always worried we hurt the baby
sad.gif
with the spasm-like contractions... I tend to feel abit crampy at lower abdomen after that
sad.gif

Yingzi n Chiriro, yah, everything in moderation is fine, I was taking little bit of watermelon in earlier mths cos really too hot, I couldn't take it.

Hi angelia, missed me!
happy.gif
EDD is 18 Oct. wk 10 now.

<font color="119911">wow, u gals sure talk very fast, me had a hard time catching up!!

actually me not sick lah, but feeling very tired &amp; din sleep well that why go get MC lor
lame.gif
but hor, my ms seems to be getting worse leh. past 2 wks, eating dinner is like wasting $$ leh. go back i sure "donate" to toilet bowl!! arghhhhh.. and think i'm coming to wk 13 soon!! hiaz...</font>

<font color="aa00aa">curly,</font>
i'm sorry to hear that.. do rem to take care of urself okie? do hope u can join us real soon. *jia you*

<font color="aa00aa">wendyl,</font>
think u muz really go read up &amp; gain more *basic* knowledge on pregnancy &amp; motherhood. i really wonder if u've been following the (various) threads cos u dun know what MTB (Mother To Be)stands for.

anyway, i don't mean you can't ask qns here, but u sounds a wee bit too paranoid to most of us, i believe. so maybe it'll be good that you read up a bit, at least have some ideas then it won't make u sound too naive.

alternatively, guess u can always ask ur mum/MIL abt things to avoid, or take, etc. they might hv a better idea than us since they've been thru. also, sometimes what we hear/know is from our parents/MIL and the set of things they say we can take/cannot take might be different from the list of items ur parents/MIL tell u.

<font color="aa00aa">paserby,</font>
i think you are really very rude. not that i dun agree with you (on some issues) but i guess you don't have to be so mean. furthermore, if you dare to "critise" like you do, why don't u "dare" use ur real name?

and btw, i'm oso quite fond of using more than 1 "?" and lots of "....". hope i won't get scolded by u 1 of these days!!! *oops, more than 1 "!" used!!!*
lol.gif

<font color="aa00aa">chihiro,</font>
glad to see u here. so when R u going to a gynae?

hi mtmtmt,

i not sure that are u referring to mi anot huh?but i wan to state here that wendyl_guest &amp; mi are of different person.....she signed in as a guest but i am not.....

oops missed out on del monte bananas, right right, that one cannot take also..

berry, you same same as me, dun like pineapple..yucks..hehe

mtmtmt, yeah, feel 'cheated' hor, that 2nd tri is 2 weeks later than expected..
BTW, I also have some cramping in my lower abdomen when bb dancing earlier on, but as time goes by, it seems like nowadays bb dancing dun affect me much anymore.

wendyl, keke...but that wendyl_guest's posts is the same as yours, lotsa of ????? and very long ........... maybe some prankster decided to play a trick or something to imitate you. But anyway I do think that when you type, one '?' is enough, no need to ????????, right?. and I agree with angelia, its good for you to go and read up on some basic knowledge form books, websites. Then you wun be as paranoid liao. Also, when you're free, type 'pregnancy' into yahoo search, you'll find tonnes of basic info there. Just my $0.02's, hope this helps.
happy.gif

Hi wendyl, oic, so sorry I also assumed wrongly. Nicks were similar, got confused.

I think wendyl_guest is copying and multiplying your ??? and ...
Dunno if she is for real? Aiyah none of my concern, we're all expecting, let's not get worked up over this.
happy.gif

Hi angelia, thanks!
happy.gif

Wa Lao, WENDYL or WENDYL_GUEST are equally IRRITATING. same????????????? and same........... and the same idiotic questions! pls get a life lah! like wat they sayz, use your brain and so your own research, dun anyhow ask toopid question!! MTB, if u all dun believe me, go back to the archives and see this 'original' wendyl's posts, exactly the same stupidity as no brain girls, machaim 18 yr old!!

angelia,it ok nvm.....

berry &amp; mtmtmt,i think wendyl_guest used more ????than mi leh but nvm,dun care liao,i had stated clearly aleady.
just dun understand why she also using same nick as mi,but lucky,got appeared as a guest,if not,i jumped to yellow river,also no use.haha

<font color="aa00aa">PASSERBY,</font>
THINK WE DON'T NEED YOUR NON-CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENTS HERE!!!!

IF YOU ARE NOT A MTB AND ARE NOT JOINING US IN SHARING MTB EXPERIENCES IN THIS THREAD, WE WON'T MIND IF YOU WOULD JUST MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!

Ladies, do you all know if constipation has any ill effects on the baby? My friend said something like constipation means toxins trapped in the body, and could harm baby? Any comments anyone?

Berry, I dun have any concrete basis, but I personally think constipation can't be good... all the organs are so close to each other :/ But I'm sure not anything that serious as harming the baby?

Have you tried fibre pills (get from gynae tho)?

Berry, I've been tardy with my multivit, it didn't make me ill, just that I tend to be so full with normal food I just can't swallow that huge pink pill
sad.gif
Should be ok without them cos my gynae stopped prescribing on last visit... I think with the amt I'm eating, plus my own body store, should be more than enough, heh.

I'm eating my folic n hormone pills more regularly though, those are tiny hehe, just that sometimes I sleep early and forget them.

BTW I went HV Shopping Centre and came home with 3 tops for $115! Not maternity wear but looser tops I can wear for now, and immediately post-birth. Lucky some ladies here gave tips abt getting "allowance" at bust not just waist
happy.gif
so I noted that. Still need to get my Zara drawstrings... I'm putting off real maternity wear as long as I can, since HB LAUGHED at me when I tried them on last time.

I believe that wendyl and wendyl_guest are two different person all together. so wendyl, dun be bothered by it.

Hi MTx3,

I also had constipation after taking the calcium pills...so bad until there is no big business for 2-3 days...then my stomach feel so bloated..
sad.gif

then my hubby buy prune juice for me...wah, immediate effect...complete my big business that very night...
happy.gif
maybe you can try prune juice ? Grapes also help...
happy.gif

Anyone has prob with baby-dancing ? my hubby and I have not danced yet ever since I got pregnant...feel a bit sorry for my husband, cos I'm always the one not in the mood....*sigh* how to be in the mood ?? sore breasts and nipple, and also very dry down there...any suggestions on improving my body situation ??

Hi angelia, welcome back !!
happy.gif

Berry, talking about constipation...I am so worry cos today is my 4th days never go poo poo. Trying to drink a cup of luke warm water this morning but throw out everything. Lucky manage to drink 2 cups of water after my breakfast. Hope I can drink more later and go poo poo. I guess I can't drink water with empty stomach that's why throw out.

Anyway, wan to check with you all gal. Now I am 9 weeks pregnant, do you think can eat Bak Ku Tai? I am afraid can't eat cos Bak Ku Tai's soup boil with herb, scare cannot eat. What do you gals think?

hi hi wendyl,

someone is here to disturb.....the above message to you is not posted by me...someone use my nick to do so....please dun get offended...

i have registered my nick...to avoid frauds...

hi hi ...

aurora...i also got constipation problem...
i try prune juice...at first it was effective...but after a while...it seem to slow done...now i back to the constipation problem again...sigh....

hey mtb, what you all mean by baby dancing ? i am a bit confused here...

hi yingzi, i think it is okie to take bak ku teh lah....i have bak ku teh too....

aurora, its inevitable to not feel like bb dancing, but for me, as long as doc permits, I make sure I still do it regularly with hubby cause I really believe sex is an important part of a healthy marriage.
For dryness, try using KY, it works well for me.

yeeyee, dun take ba kut teh for now, cause you dun know if the herbs are safe or not for preggies. if you have to, why not wait till you're in 2nd tri, at least pregnnacy is more stabilized.

Hi yeeyee,

I think it's ok to take bak kut teh...I took when I was about 8-9 weeks too
happy.gif
If you are afraid of the herbs, then take the type without the herbs one, take the one with spices and garlic...I'm a bak kut teh lover...esp like the one at rochor road...yum yum
happy.gif

hi adeline, really ?? so far prune juice still works for me..*scratch head*...how about drinking lots of water after drinking prune juice ?
My colleague says that if all else fail, ask the gynae to prescribe pills. I think should be similar to the fibre pills that MTMTMT mentioned above...
happy.gif

heee....baby dancing means having sex...
happy.gif

Hi yeeyee,

me used to hv constipation too, during the earlier week and I try to take fruits, at least 1-2 per day and it helps. I do understand tat some MTBs cannnot stand the prune juice. Think if din poo poo for a long time is not gd for ur health too, so best to let it off.

As for ba kut teh, read from a book tat the herbs may be harmful to bb so try not to take it for the time being...or u might want to chk with gynae. I read somewhere that stingray oso can't take but last sat hubby ordered and my MIL said ok, so I took oso...
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">ladies,</font>
hmm. thot constipation is normal for preggies? me oso only do "biz" once every 2~3 days.
lame.gif

hi hi ,

i see ....

oh aurora...that means you have your hb haven baby dancing for a few months liao...he doesnt mind...

anyway it is safe to baby dancing after 3 mths....me and hubby do baby dancing now...i understand what you mean by no mood...me too most of the time...i got no mood or dun think of baby dancing....hb was the one who initate most of the time lor...so sometimes...i try to suit him...

hi all !
thanks for the info regarding fruits ..will keep it in mind
anyway .. im not a pineapple lover .. only pineapple TARTs lover .. kekee ...

<font color="ff6000">angelia</font>
we still dunno which gynae to go to yet leh ..
crazy.gif

im in 4 wks now .. EDD shd be Nov

hi berry,

Thanks for the advice !
happy.gif
is it safe to use KY ? Also is it safe for hubby to ejaculate inside me ? I read somewhere that semen may cause contractions...that's why some people have sex to induce labour...but at our stage we dun wan right ?

Hi angelia, constipation is normal syndrome, but try not to drag for too long, else body will not feel comfy too...
happy.gif

Hi yingzi, I read at www.babycenter.com that cannot eat shark, swordfish, king mackerel, and tilefish (also called golden or white snapper)...
but never say stingray leh....
http://www.babycenter.com/expert/pregnancy/pregnancynutrition/2657.html

aurora, KY is 100% safe, anyway gyneas use KY when they lubricate the intruments to insert into you during vagina scans. Semen will cause contractions only when your EDD is near. Now no prob at all. can check with your gynea for extra assurance. Anyway if you dont feel comfy with ejaculations, can ask your hubby to ejaculate outside.

yingzi, stingray saying is an old wives tale, not medically proven. caus they say sting ray wil 'sting' baby LOL.

Hi yeeyee, I also took bak ku teh when I was in 1st tri. That time suddenly gor craving for it so hubby found those with pepper n garlic one. Dun take those kind with herb one i think okie.

How is everybody doing?

Curly... sorry to hear about what happened. Please take good care of yourself.

I think there are quite a few people in here trying to be funny... let's ignore them.

Talk about multivitamins... yucks!!! I can't swallow pills, capsules etc... so I had to resort to biting to break it into really small pieces and wash it down with water as quickly as I can. The problem is that it tastes like milk and I don't really enjoy milk -.-""

hi hi odie...

yah ..i also hate to swallow capsules...somemore the capsules not small ley...very big....sometimes i force it down very throat...
no choice ...

by the ways, do you MTB dream a lot ? ...i almost dream every night....it been a long time where i can sleep through the night without a dream...but these dreams are all stupid dreams...
lol.gif

Back