(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

hi hi...

what do you do when you have headache ?
i seem to have bad headache these few days....
sometimes both side...sometimes one side....now my left side of the head is torturing me..it on and off kind of pain....so sian
sad.gif
....dun wish to take panadol cause scare harm the baby....aiyo ..what to do
uhoh.gif

Hi Adeline,

I dun hv tat frequent but last mon i had a spinning headache and doc prescribe some blue colour pandadol to me. After taking and resting for the whole day, I do feel better...now has recovered. Make sure u dun take ur own panadol, ensure that it is prescribe by the doc cos they know best. If can, try to rest more and see if the headache will subside by itself. I oso refrain from eating med, tat's why once I feel better, I stop taking them.

Hi Adeline.... I haven't been able to get a night's rest without either dreaming or going to the washroom 4 to 5 times. You are not alone =p

Could it be because you haven't been sleeping well that's why you are having headaches during the day? I only suffer from giddy spells especially in the morning on my way to work. Don't take any painkillers without 1st consulting your gynae. I think it is better for you to let your gynae know and see what he or she advises.

Adeline n wendyl, I get headaches and dreams too. I avoid panadol too, so far haven't taken any. Dreams I think cos I sleep too much, and maybe on full stomach :p

Odie, yah restroom trips so frequent, very troublesome.

<font color="aa00aa">adeline,</font>
me oso always get dreamz. but luckily only woke up once to go toilet. but still end up very tired lor
sad.gif

i find i getting more headaches nowadays too.

yeeyee, I'm the sort who refuse to take chances, so nope, I won't travel during my pregnancy.
happy.gif

mtmtmt, I'm already used to waking up at least 1x at night for toileting.

MTMTMT... I'm reading the book "Pregnancy for Dummies"... the authors put it in a very humourous way... they said its a way to train us to wake up a few times in the night to feed the baby next time kekekekek =p

But nonetheless it is very frustrating especially since we are always feeling tired in the 1st trimester. I have even told hubby that maybe its better to station myself next to the toilet bowl at night... save me the hassle of walking to and fro.

Hi YeeYee... I'm flying off on 14 April for my honeymoon. I will be in my 10th week. Gynae has told me "to go with his blessings" (exact words which he used)... but will have to go back for another checkup before the trip. If you really need to travel... better to get clearance from your gynae.

YeeYee, if it seems fine, I would
happy.gif
Provided I dun have to pull luggage, walk too much and so on lah.

Berry, so irritating I have to wake a few times a night. It's like, woken up just to stumble to toilet. I already avoid drinking fluids before sleep! Hope it doesn't get worse. When I'm out, I'm always running for toilet breaks too.

<font color="ff6000">odie,</font>
hearing u say getting clearance from gynae, tink i better decide on a gynae soon ...
uhoh.gif

Odie, oh yah hor, train to feed baby, hahaha! I was "planning" to express milk and have HB do some feedings leh... I'm the sort who needs ALOT of sleep, especially I think after childbirth so taxing.

Oh Odie, are you on hormone pills? If u r not, maybe ask gynae to standby some... in case of MINOR spotting, at least there's some "booster" on hand.

So most of them will go travel in your 8 to 9 weeks of pregnancy. That's good...I am still considering shall I go travel on my 10 weeks of pregnancy. I only worry don't know whether the airplane pressure will affect the baby or not.

Hi Chihiro... how many weeks into your pregnancy? Think you should do it soon.

MTMTMT... good idea *evil grin*. Actually hubby did suggest once that he can feed the baby... I even made fun of him by asking if he can produce breastmilk to begin with kekekeke =p

Nope... not on hormone pills. Only taking folic acid and multi-vitamins. What is it for? Is it taken only when one has spotting? So far I haven't had spotting *touch wood*... but I will still check with gynae if there is anything I need to bring for the trip just in case.

MTMTMT,
Me too, every night without failed..went either 2-3 times..sometimes damn tired but still must drag myself out of bed to relieve..it realli disturb my sleep.

Yeeyee,
My gynae discouraged me from travelling, so best to check with ur gynae first, he knows ur condition the best..but still u must be extra careful.

Odie,
I like tat...veri cute!!!

Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you have to take a blood test on your first visit to the gynae? I'm visiting a "recommended" gynae for the first time tomorrow and the nurse asked that I prepare for a blood test. Is this routine?

Oh and by the way the gynae is called Dr Tan Hang Yang from Gleneagles. Anybody heard of him?

Thanks!

Odie, some more worrisome cases even if no spotting, the gynae prescribes hormone boosters eg. my gf's pregnancy. Mine only prescribed when I had minor spotting and now I just carry on taking the hormone pills just in case. It's to boost/ stabilise, check with gynae
happy.gif

For bottle-feeding even breastmilk expressed in bottle, I read that babies can recognise the mum's scent and will turn away from "substitutes" eg. HB. Book I read suggested giving HB my clothing scent to drape ;) so baby can smell me on my HB. So I think will have HB "wearing" my used clothing hahaha- kidding lah, just drape lah.
happy.gif

mtmtmt, when I'm out on the average, everytime I pass by a toilet, I just happen to have to go into one. LOL...
I tried not drinking water before I sleep, but still have to pee, so I thought, might as well drink anyway!
BTW, I heard that cannot express too much milk in the beginning, cause you need the baby to drink straight from your breasts in order to stimulate the flow.

not sure, nope I didn't take any blood test. i think the test is to confirm your pregnancy. but if you are beyond 4-5 weeks, then a scan should be able to see your baby's sac liao, no need blood test.

yah, i also dun dare to take the panadol...think i better seek my gynae advice first....

yee yee ..
so good you going for your honeymoon...
i also get pregnant before i got the chance to go for my honeymoon.....
actually want to plan a trip during my 2nd tri...but husband and mother discourages...so my honeymoon will be threesome when my baby came out ...

so it seems like all the mom to be ..cannot get a good sleep.

mtmtmt...
yah, my auntie told me ...new born babies respond to smell...so very difficult to change surroundings or the person...

<font color="aa00aa">odie,</font>
i went Melbourne when i was abt 9~10 wks. my gynae only told me "no bungee jumping, mountain climbing, ..."
lol.gif

seems like all of us planned holiday, then hit jackpot!!

<font color="aa00aa">lilac,</font>
hurry, go plan a holiday.
biggrin.gif

<font color="aa00aa">chihiro,</font>
guess by then, u shld hv alr decided on a gynae cos u could alr hear/see the bb's heartbeat. &amp; i dun think u wanna wait till so long then go to gynae to cfm that ur pregnancy &amp; bb is okie, right?

Not Sure... actually a scan and urine test would suffice... but read somewhere that blood test will be more accurate than urine test. Maybe your gynae wants to be absolutely sure before conducting any scan.

MTMTMT... thanks for the info. Taken note ;)

Adeline... I'm praying hard that my gynae gives me the green light when the travelling date draws nearer. Figured that if I cancel this trip... chances of me travelling will be lower after the baby is born... will need to wait for the kids to be a bit older.

<font color="ff6000">angliea</font>
ya ...
im tinking to holding out till when im wk6 then i go gynae .. advisable?

Angelia,

Ya... I just got married early Feb... and conceived within one week after the wedding. And honeymoon plans were already in place before the wedding. Always hear stories of pple conceiving few months after getting married... so I thought that it will probably be the case for me. But oh well... baby come earlier I take it as a bonus. Anyway good timing... by next year CNY my kid will be a few months old... so cute sure get alot of angpows... kekekekek :p

<font color="aa00aa">chihiro,</font>
of cos it's okie. anyway, by then, maybe still can't see sac/bb
happy.gif

dun worry, it's normal. cos the wks we count &amp; the actual wks might hv some differences cos we count from LMP mah, then conception might be later
happy.gif

Hi gals,

Thanks for your reply.
I just called the nurse. The bloodtest is for Aids, Rubella, Thelassemia (spell wrongly) etc. Is this neccessary? I am really scared of bloodtest and will be anaemic for the rest of the day!

Thanks!

wow <font color="ff6000">odie</font>,
u r so lucky !!
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">angelia</font>
oh ixxit? tot by 6th wk, shd be able to see something .. but then tink still better go to a gynae ... heart will more at ease to know everything is ok ..

not sure, its quite strange, cause these tests are usually done before couple tries to conceive, not when the women is already pregnant leh. Its more like precaution for women who plans to ba mothers. Because now that you're already pregnant, it'll be too late to find out even if you've contracted any of these. Do ask your gynea if its a neccesity. So far, I havent heard of already-pregnant mothers going for these tests.

I agree with Chihiro... its better to go see a gynae earlier to set your mind at ease.

Yup by the 6th week will be able to see the sac and for some or most of us even the heartbeat as well through V scan. Besides... it is so exciting to be able to see the sac.

Not sure, I'm having similar tests done for my next visit I think. My gf also had the Thalessemia test done only after she was pregnant... dunno why, she was TCC with help for a few yrs already?

Anyway, am terrified of blood drawing too... but have to be done, just get it over with (easy to say, haven't fixed appt yet oops).

Hi Not Sure,
I've done blood test for those b4 too, but it was done during my 16th week, and its called Triple Test.. I was also tested for blood count and Heptatitis too. Cannot remember what else was included in the report, need to go back and see.
How many weeks pregnant are you now?

<font color="aa00aa">berry,</font>
i oso hvn't gone thru such tests. dunno will my gynae ask if i wanna do them. but guess it'll be better to do them even if pregnant, at least can prepare for the worst if any of the results is not good?

Hi Amie,

Err... not sure, I think I'm 4 weeks cos my last menses started on 13th February 04. Did I count correctly?
proud.gif

The nurse told me that there are separate blood test for Hepatitis and Haemoglobin too but those are much later.

I think I would prefer to do all together. This blood test thingy is worrying me the whole day!
sad.gif

Oh yes, and am I too early to see a gynae? Will the sac be "visible" already?

Thanks!

hi not sure,
tink u are definitely more than 4 wks ..prob 5th
my LMP is 22 Feb and im in my 4th wks now ..

Not Sure...

I think you are almost in your 6th week liao if your cycle is 28 days.

Maybe my gynae waited till 16th week then do all the blood tests together... but if she had wanted me to do it earlier or separately, I would hv gone for both too. Don't worry about the blood test, my gynae only draw my blood once and transfer into 3 tubes, enough to test for so many things. Not painful at all, just don't look when your gynae is drawing the blood.

I went to my gynae when i was 4 weeks.. cannot c baby but can c sac and dot. Then I went again on 7th week, can c baby liao.

hi hi amie,

so your triple blood test not only test for down synrome...also for others issit....for this blood test, do you pay extra or is included in your package...

for me, my gynae did inform me that there is an optional blood test when i see him during my 16 weeks...but he say for down synrome ..nv say for others ley...somemore this blood test is not include in the package ...must pay extra...

so i still dun noe whether i wan to do a not...

amie and not sure,
The triple test is different from the 1st blood test. I believe your gynae is duty-bound to advise you the available tests, and whether you choose or not is up to you.

My next trip is to test for some stuff (not the triple test) and also diabetes (cos family history, gynae afraid I'd get pregnancy-induced diabetes). The triple test is much later, I haven't decided if I will.

Berry,
the test shows the results and it's just information for you to make any choices.

Clarify- by 1st blood test I dun mean the "blood test to confirm pregnancy" that some people take. I mean the 1st blood test for diseases/ genetic disposition. Eg. Blood count discrepancies MAY mean thalessemia, and MAY mean further blood test on your HB to see the odds of the baby getting it.

Hi Not Sure,

Your LMP same as mine.
wink.gif
We shd be 5th wk now...I saw my sac last wk oredi. My gynae did not put me thru' any blood tests yet.

Hi Adeline,
I guess different gynaes have different practices. My gynae did only one blood test for me at 16th week, and tested for everything, including downs syndrome. The blood test is not included in the package, I paid extra $100 for it. Initially she also told me its a triple test to test for downs syndrome... but when report came out, I saw that it included other things like hepatitis, haemoglobin, etc etc. But I wasn't tested for diabetes leh.

<font face="courier new"> <font color="0000ff">as @ week starting 22-Mar
.. .. .. .. .. . EDD

aurora ......... 08/09/04 wk 15
cubbiebb ....... 12/09/04 wk 16
expecting_mum .. 12/09/04 wk 16
mom ............ 20/09/04 wk 14
berry .......... 21/09/04 wk 14
bebechic ....... 26/09/04 wk 13
angelia ........ 04/10/04 wk 12
yingzi ......... 10/10/04 wk 11
heather ........ 10/10/04 wk 11
mtmtmt ......... 18/10/04 wk 10
micky .......... 23/10/04 wk 09
wendyl ......... 24/10/04 wk 09
yeeyee ......... 24/10/04 wk 09
cosmo .......... 01/11/04 wk 08
curly .......... 02/11/04 wk 08
odie ........... 05/11/04 wk 07

</font></font>

<font color="aa00aa">arnie,</font>
when u visit the gynae, did the nurse ask u to go test ur urine using a strip? think that's for diabetes &amp; 1 other thing which i not sure is it to check protein level or what.

i always have urine test when i go for my appt. however, no blood test so far. maybe will check with gynae next Monday.

Besides urine test, they oso take my pressure and weight on every of my visit. Understand from my gynae tat the blood test will start onli when I'm 4th mth.

chihiro, I cant take milk(I'll puke), but gynea says its perfectly fine. Calcium is found in many other food as well.

Back