(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

SLK,

My bb luvs to shake her head since birth. She only does it when she's hungry and u put something near her mouth.

Quite frankly, the action resembles a feeding shark. That's why my hubby calls her Sharky
biggrin.gif

To find out if Jodie's hungry, my hubby likes to put his nose near her mouth. He likes to see her gum his nose. Quite unhygienic but so cute
lame.gif

not that i want to be a spoilsport, but this is an article on eating sashimi...i saw the picture of the dissected brain, really very disgusting

һʵ֮

иձˣƽʱϲ Sushi Ƭü꣬
ǾͷʹȥҽԺҽܾãһֱ鲻

ֱĪᣬҽͷжڶһʿȻкܶ

ܿ£Գ sushi ƬʱҪ˼

ձѧ֤ҪɱЩ˾棬Ҫ4C~0CɱЩ档ĺÿ£ǿƬе㲻ţ

the article was saying that this jap man loved eating sashimi and he often complained of headache, but the doctor could not identify the real cause

he died unknowingly and the doctors discovered something was moving in the skull/brain; they dissected the brain and saw plenty of worms crawlin all over!!! *yucks*

Ruffy,
i wan to buy the banana one but in the end buy mixed fruits. ok i will try buying banana if my ger dont like mixed fruits.

Puff,
i gave my ger pillow when she is drinking milk.
Ur YingXin is so cute n so much hair! so silky!

Japanese food lovers
oh then we all can organise Jap buffet!

Blisse,
Also make sure u keep in air-tight container..coz if you keep it in the actual container may attract ants.. esp the mixed fruit one coz it is the sweetest. I try most of the cereal..and he still like the banana the best..2nd is apple. Tried nestle cereal but he doesnt really like it..have to add a bit of brovil then he will eat it or add other fruits/veg into it..in the end rather cook porridge for Ryan.
Mummies ..if u noticed..Ryan sleeps on ADult pillow.. not bb pillow..the bb pillow is for his teddy bear hehehe.. actually I use the pillow to make sure he doesn't choke while drinking milk at night..most of the time he rolls off it..however for the 1st 5mths I didn't give him any pillow or else may get "flat head"..also from birth after discharge have been rotating his head each time I pick him up to feed/change etc..so he doesn't really get a preference for left or right side of head..and his head is round..

Jen,
I dun see any swelling on Jodie's tigh. She got only the Hep B jab yesterday. I opted for the 5-in-1 for her.

U might wanna call the clinic to check if swellings are normal?

puff, LOL. In the article's case, he ate fresh sashimi in Japan, which is not frozen. Health regulations in here n US are different from Japan's, must freeze first.

Jen,
shouldn't have any swelling after the jab..so far Ryan has taken the 5-in-1/hep B completed at 6mths no scars/swollen areas after the jab is taken.

Jen,

no swelling after injection and should not have fever for the 1mth jab.

Ruffy,

just got some Nepia L size diapers from NTUC at $14.50 since my mum wanted to go NTUC to look see.

the gathering last sat must be fun ya..
wow .. so many pictures !!
dunno who is who .. only can recognise the bbs.. hee...
when's the nx one? see if i can join in tis time
happy.gif

aiyo..all ur bbs are so cute!!!
when i bring calista out, ppl will ask me if she's a boy ..
uhoh.gif

sighz .. my maternity leave is ending soon. .. gg back to work nx friday.
sad.gif

puff,
wat kind of info u need to keep in the list?

pillows
tried letting calista to sleep on a pillow .. she will always nudge herself out of it..if she can't, she will juz scream until we remove the pillow from her head..she juz prefer to sleep w/o it

Rochelle,
U keeping Nepia for ur bb to use? I used to use Nepia but it is not as absorbant as mamy poko for Ryan so we stick to mamy poko.

Yeah.. I know abt the Nepia sale but need coupon right?
Anyway is today/tomorrow(Afternoon) or thursday(morning) more convenient for us to go swimming?

ruffy,

I use the coupon from Straits Times last thurs papers. we change baby's diapers every 3-4 hrs so its okay.
you can come anytime for a swim. we would only be out on friday to expo for John Little sale.

Rochelle,
okay..most probably will go swimming tomorrow afternoon and Thursday morning..today ryan just fell asleep so it will be awhile before he wakes up. nowadays his nap time is not that regular so hard to adjust.
JL sales start again this friday?

hi hi mummies...

so many posting...finally manage to read all

Wow..from the photos...look like you all have so much fun during the gathering...

medusa,
wow you can bring tena to visit ur ILs on your own....for me...no way...cause i cannot communicate with them...i only go when my husband go....

me also cant stand my in laws....i dread going to their house everyweek...is like a duty..
uhoh.gif

little_devil,
please count me in for the baby clothings...

sharon...isit sento? now they change name to waraku...i like dat place a lot! used to go there almoz once a wk but now staying at punggol, a bit far for us

junior,
i've asked my gf to trsf $16 to yr uob a/c for the bandana. as i lived in the west & with my limited free time, can i trouble u to mail it to me? i've PM-ed u my add, pai say hor...

btw, u can call this lady chynn tang fm MW trading & communications & get her to quote u the price of the hp u want. they r parallel importers & everything is in original packaging complete with warranty. i bought my nokia hp fm her last month & she even delivered right up to my doorstep. very gd service. her mobile: 9248 3300

MEMORY LAPSE
my maid just told me that she found half-eaten orange in the cabinet just now. er...hee...i was eating oranges this morning & halfway thru, walked to the cabinet to keep my magazines inside there..along with my orange!! aiyo... like that sooner or later i may even forget who's my husband! lol

MIL
I dont hv horror MIL stories but i hv my gf's experience to share with all of u.

my gf's mom was admitted to the hospital & she was slipping in & out of coma. as her hubby was going to work late, she asked her ILs to help her look after her 2 plus yr old gal & few months old boy along with the maid. they agreed.

she was abt to leave for the hospital (around 6pm that time) & her MIL called her. guess what she told her?? "u come back b4 8pm hor. i need to go out & yr FIL wants to go to the temple to meet his frnds"

imagine how angry & sad my gf was!!! her ILs knew that her mom was in critical condition yet they cant be bothered. her mom passed away a few days later & she told me that fm then on, she swore she'll never ever rely on her ILs for anything else.

if it were me, i'll *&!@!# the ILs over the phone.

Ruffy,
oh didnt know the mixed fruits is the sweetest. actually i dont wan to let my ger become sweet tooth. so how do u introduce cereal? u just add abit like a teaspoon to the normal amt of milk powder u use for milk?

chihiro,
do join us the next one! heard its at Marche.

little devil

would love to take a look at your bb clothes!

my boy also has a pillow like quinn's but somehow, in the middle of the night, his head would come off it while his body remains in the same position, very awkward sleeping angle...so we stopped using it.

Wah, today I realised that Subway has really lovely soft and chewy brownies! I had 2 pieces :p

lil prince/ TBL, yar lor, babies from birth to 6yr old absorbs knowledge/language/everything like a sponge. Even before they have the ability to verbalise their thoughts/preferences, they oredi know plenty.

Puff/Blisse/Jnr/Ruffy/SLK/Sharon, I do love Jap food very much hehe!

Puff, nice hippo!! Is that a Sassy teether? Thanks for e effort to compile the list
happy.gif

Berry/Puff/Jnr/Ruffy/SLK/Sharon

Shall we all organise a Jap Buffet or Jap food fiesta soon???? think we can book the whole restaurant if all the mummies join in! Who r interested?

medusa
oh really ah!! heh heh...me so ignorant!!!

chihiro
i already have your mobile number, so maybe u forward your address to me?

berry
yap, that's a sassy teether; wow, brownies!!! i love them too.

can u forward your details to me pls? thanks

puff,

dont mind the one sharon mention at shenton way or the one in miramar as i heard not bad n yet to try
happy.gif

wat abt the rest?
when shall we set on?

Puff, Ikoi is great (i like this the best out of the 3 places u mentioned), but super cramp, prob no space for us unless we book entire place? Actually if can book whole place also v good hor hehe. I like kuishinbo and Nabeya too! u all decide
happy.gif

btw, I happen to eat at Ikoi just before I popped! ahhh, those were the days! I remember my tummy and butt was so big (I had SERIOUS water retention) at then that I couldnt sit properly in their tiny chair LOL

ikoi @ miramar costs $30 per person irregardless of lunch/dinner and weekday/weekend

but the restaurant is very small and aisle is very narrow, not pram friendly and no parking space for so many prams

berry
i went to ikoi in before i popped in september and during my confinement in december (this one impromptu and dare not tell my mum cos i ate all the forbidden food!!) ahahhahahah

yummy!!! drooling liao

Berry/Blisse/Jnr/Ruffy/SLK/Sharon/Puff/AC
me LOVE jap food too. shall we go 2 Waraku? food is fantastic n i let gab sleep on the flr. he was ok. BUT u need 2 book the room 1-2wks in adv.

puff,

of the 3, i've only tried ikoi and it's great!! very fresh sashimi
happy.gif
but like what berry said, it's super cramped!! and need to make reservations way in advance.

is this for mummies only or for mummies and babies etc?

vaingirl,
your gf's in laws are horrible!! if it's me, i'll boycott them forever :p

kelly/puff/berry/blisse/jnr/ruffy/sharon/ac,
i don't mind any place. just count me in
happy.gif

Hi mummies,
is anyone interested in a free set of silver baby fork and spoon set. I have a coupon from Similac abbot..just need to fill in my particular and introduce a friend who's baby may benefit from similac excellence follow on and both of us will get a free set of silver baby fork and spoon set.. closing date is 1st march 2005..
If anyone is interested I would need the following particulars ( can PM me)
1.Mother's name ( as in NIRC)
2. Mother's occupation
3. I/C. No
4. address and postal code.
5. tel no.
6. Name of child and date of birth
7.Current milk brand
8.Email
thanks.
happy.gif

MARCHE OUTING
andrea - 19feb
sharon - 19feb
kelly - 29jan
lil prince - 29jan / 5feb
Junior - 29jan / 19feb
jen - 29jan
puff - 29jan
mngo - 29jan
peg - 19 feb
fruitcake - 19 feb

from the above list, 5mummies hv chosen 29jan n 5mummies hv chosen 19feb. how 2 decide?

berry, did u put ur name 2 it? i tot u did but cant find the posting. anyway, can u b the 6th mummy 2 decide for us?

kelly/puff/berry/blisse/jnr/sharon/ac, etc

I don't mind joining in the buffet..only request if they have a heavy bb chair with restrains that are working..hehe..u know why right??

kelly, wah, such a heavy responsibility LOL! Eh, I cant make it if its on 29 Jan. I'm open to 5 Feb and 19 Feb. Anyway, OEEEIII ladies, this is all that is going? How about MT? SKYBLUE? AC? When u all prefer ah?

Solids- who here has started feeding solids to your bb? I just started on Sunday, until today she didnt manage to swallow more than a pea-drop amount. I think she'll take a while to get used to eating from a spoon and the unfamiliar taste of rice hehehe. She scrunched up her face and look at me like "wat is this ah???" even though she seemed happy when she see me with the bowl and the spoon. Anyway, today there's some progress. I think she learnt that the stuff on the spoon can actually be swallowed lol. I think she managed to eat at least half a teaspoonful. Well, not a bad start!
happy.gif

Oh, and its kinda hilarious, mums who are afraid of messiness will sure faint if you saw us this afternoon hahaha. I was feeding her, and she got cereal all over her mouth, and once in a while she would dribble and spit some out cereal droplets. and it landed on the floor, her clothing and her arms/legs (she sit in e bumbo when I feed her cereal). And halfway thru eating, she decided that she would suck her fingers, and so she also got cereal + saliva dribbling down her elbows! And imagine her 10 tiny fingers and hands covered and trickling in salivarish cereal bits! And the best part was when she started reaching out for the spoon and so I thought I'll let her hold the spoon. I coated the spoon thinly with some cereal and passed it to her and then guided her to put it into her mouth. Instead, she suddenly jerked her arm and smeared the cereal-coated spoon on her cheeks AND hair! And the next moment, she decided to touch my cheeks with her hands. Wahahaha, imagine the state we both were in, cereal everywhere! LOL...gosh, I can oredi imagine when I start feeding her carrots and brocoli next time. I really should start shopping for HUGE bibs real soon. Better still, maybe I'll wear a raincoat for us both during meal times when she starts eating solids for real.:p

mngo, why you not bringing your bb? Bring lar, it'll be fun!

Kelly, BTW, where is the location? Heeren or Suntec? Suntec is damn crowded on Sats and hard to find parking space unless we go earlier like 11am.

Berry,
talking abt pregnancy, i really miss those days where me n my hb can go buffet every week..hahah
n i really enjoy every min of those days
happy.gif

my hb just even commented that he liked when i m pregnant as that time my character is the BEST. wont get angry..heheh

Mummies interested in Buffet
mngo/kelly/puff/berry/blisse/jnr/ruffy/sharon/ac

SLk..its for all. hb r welcomed too
happy.gif
Berry will bring hb along if its weekend n i think most likely is weekend as weekday most of us working.

Berry,
i started cereal today! This afternoon i wemt to buy the Gerber Mixed fruits one. I just feed her but then the way i use different. i use only a little bit of mixed fruits cereal powder n add to hot water first. Then i add to the normal amount of milk she would drink. She has just finished n she seems to like it! i slowly introduce then slowly then will be all cereal for her this way. So excited n happy she seems to like it. Before she drinks, she smile at me..hehehhe

blisse yar lor, so nostalgic to remmember the preggie days, hb and me also every weekend go and eat sinful food, and I REALLY ate without thinking cause I say to myself "preggie is queen, can eat everything, eat liao then worry about weight after deliver!" :p Wah you preggie wont get angry, I was v happy all the way throughout my pregnancy too, until 8th mth or so, then hormones went a lil crazy cause getting impatient and started feeling really uncomfortable. But nevertheless, still a fantastic experience!
Cereal- you add it into her milk, as in she drinks the cereal mixed into her milk from normal milk bottle? When do u plan to start spoon feeding?
BTW, pardon my memory, how old is your lil cutie?

Back