(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

Medusa,
ur ger so cute n cheerful
happy.gif
u r a SAHM?
hahha. nevermind, the next gathering let our hb tok since they find each other familiar..ahhaha
perhaps i also know ur hb

Berry,
yar now me thinking of Jap n Italian food only!
hahahah wkend must go n eat Italian food.

help, going to go crazy liao..... quinn has been having scraeming the whole afternoon for 2 days liao... dun know how he develop the habit but he jus seems to keep screaming and screaming!!

blisse...6hrs drive?? luckily sabah canot be driven there...

sharon...sharwyn so fortunate, so young can go perth, me hvn't even went to australia yet hehee
yalor sure a lot of tings to bring, FM, bottles, diapers...*faint*
i will be using sterilising pills altho dun like, but no choice leh

MT...nice pix, especially the B&W

berry...we speak to justin mandarin and ang mos, by the time he can understand us, he gonna be really confused!

little devil,
maybe quinn is just testing his vocal chords? Ryan used to do that when he was younger.. maybe if you bring him out....then he may forget abt making so much noise.. maybe he is bored??

AC
i dun know wo.... he jus seems to keep screaming and if we didnt give him attention, he will then cry. if he cries then its very difficult to calm him down.... tis goes on 2 days liao.

Little devil,
maybe u give him more activities to occupy himself,.. bring him for Retail theraphy??/ walk in the park/ swimming, read book, massage etc??
Ryan's going swimming later.. hopefully will be enough to let him sleep thru tonight..hehee.

Yuru,
wow... you're from Beijing. I've been wanting to go there for ages. Got a colleague stationed there and he keeps tempting me with free personal tour of the city :p

He always bring back "genuine" mont blanc pens from xiu shui jie for us... hehe... Can't believe each pen costs <SGD$2 and it comes with serial number inside :p

Next trip home, he's gonna bring "genuine" watches for the office people. I just hope he won't get caught at customs... hehe...

My mandarin's quite bad. Hubby is even worse. He studied malay in school.

So that's why we were so glad when we found our baby-sitter. She's from Hainan. At least there's someone to speak proper mandarin to my bb :p Am kicking myself for not being more serious in learning mandarin back in school... sigh...

blisse
post the pixs for me to see leh ..
happy.gif

ac
kelly taught me a way to shower .. put bb in cot and turn on musical mobile, then run to bathroom .. if bathe till halfway and music stops, wrap towel and run out to rewind again .. then return to bath .. lol .. sounds a good idea hor .. i wanted to try last nite but he seemed to be hvg a quarrel with pooh, tigger, piglet and eeyore and i had to wait till he nap (9pm and feed is at 10pm) then i rushed to shower and eat dinner ..

sun
thks, i will try tt when i hv the time
happy.gif

sharon
ya, nowadays bbs very good life .. my first trip overseas was in 1999 with hb (then bf) to australia ..

medusa
the pixs are great, esp the black and whites!!

wah piang, Jodie did the merlion again early this morning. Vomited all over me, herself and my bed twice.

sigh... such a waste of milk. Takes so long to express them.

She's also refusing direct feeds these few days
sad.gif
I've been feeding her alternatively with EBM and direct latching. Was coping well until 4 days ago. She cries after a few suckles on the breast. Think the flow is too slow/fast??

sigh... feeling so rejected even though I prefer to feed her via the bottle.

I checked with a senior nurse from TMC. She said that expressing milk and latching direct has no diff. To increase supply, we just have to express more often to empty the breast.

lil prince....hahaha race against musical mobile!! beri challenging leh
i usually wait till he sleeping, which is 1am+ liao, then bath lor, beri scare he wake up and cry, if not attended to when he not happy, he will cry until face red red and no sound...

By the way, am compiling list of recommended gynaes for myself.

Gonna try for 2nd bb only 2yrs down the road cos' I had c-section. But what can I say, I'm super KS :pp Had not so good experience with my gynae, so want to make sure I get a good one next time.

So far, I only remember 2 names:
Dr Henry Cheng (Bishan, linked to ____ hospital?)
Dr Chen Chern Yi (Punggol, linked to KKH)

Any good gynaes near punggol which is linked to TMC?

Is Dr Adrian Woodworth any good?

Would really appreciate advises
happy.gif

MEdusa,
u know that there is a children's shop at HV sell branded clothes quite reasonably priced? Maybe can go and check out new items for Tena there..so near your place. hehe..
Girl's want to know how my monkey torture me these few days..
Trying to teach him how to use the potty..but he rather use me like a "potty" these few days will sit on me then "bomb away" problem is that quite difficult to put on his diapers for him with him always running away..so one side gave way and end up shit on my pants and the floor..duh.. somemore have to faster clean it up before he goes around touching it... dun recommend Prokids diapers..the sticky tape is also lousy..will not buy anymore after finishing the 2nd packet here.. EQ tape is better.

i just feed Carriane again. she only drink 50ml this whole day. Then i turn on TV as i buy a Baby can read VCD from JL.

little_prince,
ok will post some.
Junior, dont let jr knows ok? hehhe

let's go hold, ok?

244860.jpg

Carriane to Ryhan: let me taste ur hand
happy.gif

244861.jpg

Look at my ED diapers!
244862.jpg

Rhyan: hey u! dont touch my Carriane! I m her bodyguard!
244863.jpg

AC,
actually you don't really need sterlizing tablet..u can use boiling method to sterlise your bottle..since you are going to your PIL house. I bought the sterlising tablet for Ryan's 1st trip to KL at 5mths..but didn't really use it.. in the end just pour hot water from the kettle.. one of my friends..even better..since they had a big kettle at the hotel they were in (thailand) she boil the milk bottle in the kettle.
For the HK trip last Dec.. we just use boilling water to sterlise his bottle.
Abt east malaysia..best to check with your PIL if they have the diapers your bb is using coz may not have all brands in malaysia and MP is super expensive there.. remember when Ryan as 3mths hubby and I went for short holiday to Kota Kinabalu..it is 1.5 times more ex then in SG.

Medusa,
ok when hubby back to9 will ask him if he rem! hahhah i might saw him before but then maybe we not the same batch lor. oh if most hb gg, ask him along!

sharon,
where is xiu shui jie?

Beanie,
me also has csection. also wan to change gynae. u know wat, that day i went pap smear. I ask him when can have baby, he say now can!! i was so shocked as that time after gove birth, he say 1yr later or 2 yrs later if he were me!!
My sis in law use Henry Cheng. Heard he is patient. me also tot of changing to him!

Ruffy,
hahha the way u describe ur darling is so cute! now he is very cheeky
happy.gif

beanie
hey, dr hendry cheng is my gynae, hes GOOD!! my fav!

sharon
so nice of u to tik of bring ur darling over
happy.gif
y not when u or littleprince free, u gals can come over since we are so near.

medusa,
Wah u getting more n more artistic in ur foto taking. Soooo nice... Hey, dun expose Tena's naked body here too often leh. Kieran jealous that all the little bois here looking at his gf leh...
Tena looks so cute with her feet somewat in the air when she flipped.
happy.gif

Junior,
Sure, u so nice to share gd lobang here so of cos got gd lobang must tell u...

blisse,
Ya, Kieran is eating the one with si sen. But we cook b4 letting him consume. His nanny bought from chinese medicinal shop i think. Sure, we share share
happy.gif
Btw, kieran is also gog thru a period of milk refusal. Was very worried but PD told us to leave him alone n to feed him only when he cries for it.
Jnr is referring to those height posters pasted to walls one. My work pl here was selling so i got for JR.

berry,
sure take more pics to show me lor...but i tell u i not so easilty tempted one. That explains my skinniness...

AC,
Heard thatu want to han tum me if i dun go to 'somewhere'... dun like that lah...

Blisse, love the pics, Carriane so adventurous to try another hand, LOL! Hey I had c-sect too (induction unsuccessful n gynae din want to wait), I also abit buaysong my gynae. She also said can anytime 2nd one.
Ruffy, yup I know that place
happy.gif

sharon, yup must monitor her and capture, LOL. Past few wks I standby cam, then today I din, was only changing her out of her clothes. Then flip! Took cam, tried again, yay!

skyblue,
yar thats y i didnt feed her anymore. Just let her be n sleep!

sharon,
hahhaha rhyan is cute in his actions! opps...his ear already so pain, sharwyn wont pull his ear one!

Medusa,
oic. which gynae u went to?

yingxin envy sharwyn, justin and carriane - can travel at such young age

i speak english to yingxin most of the times but occasionally i tried to talk to her in mandarin

brought yingxin to my mum's place after a lapse of 3 weeks cos my mum and sis was down with flu; when my mum carried her, she seems to be unable to recognised my mum and bawl very loudly - my mum was so upset

medusa
oh .. but i thot side sleeping supposed to aid bb if they puke during sleep? now u got more washing to do ..

ac
i cannot wait until so late lah, will fall asleep by then .. anyway, i always assure myself tt he wun wake up immediately after i close the door mah .. maybe half way through or what, so i wld be more or less done by then ..

blisse
lol .. good pixs! i think i didn't manage to catch sharwyn tasting rhyan's hand .. haha ..

ruffy...i am not staying wif PIL(tk goodness lol), i will be staying in hotel
agreed dat stuff in east msia is more exp, onli the food there is cheap
1st time i went there, tot msia sure cheaper than SG and din bring any shampoo/bath, in the end all so expensive until i heartpain hv to buy hehe

skyblue...heheee u got spy ah :p

puff...nonid to envy lar, go msia onli, not far far leh...boring u know!

blisse, beanie, medusa
i had c-section too!! cos yingxin was too small for induction and she is in breech position

my gynae, dr adrian woodworth said i can have 2nd baby anytime after 3rd/4th month but best to wait till 6th months lor

find him not too bad la

beanie
u can also check with angelia/august/jen how they find dr adrian

Doing a straw poll, those bfg, when r u stopping ah? Need some support to stop.

I've always been informed and open abt FM-vs-BM lah, and IMO, FM is ok by me... so I've been wanting to wean tena off bfg for some time liao. V. troublesome lor, go out must latch to clear breasts, then breasts full, blahblah. FM really easier for me :p and I personally refuse to BF in public or in some tiny nursing room lor. Then leak here leak there so... errr, discouraging for certain... moods. Personal opinion only lah.

rhyan: "sharwyn, dun pull my ears please? already pain pain liao, sayang me lah .. next time i dun dare liao."

haiz .. me so shacked tdy coz hb working till so late these few days and i got to entertain rhyan and then ebm before going to bed .. my ss also dropped recently liao coz i didn't express much over the wkend .. thinking time to stop liao since i bf past 4 mths already, can get on to do other things ..

also start to notice tt he seems to finish ebm but not fm leh, wait he reject fm i cham liao ..

junior - u good lah, can bf for so long ..

medusa
i like the black-white pics, very artistic!!

AC
malaysia better than nothing! my hb dislike travelling and we did not have honeymoon at all *sad sad*

now with baby even more difficult to get away

kelly
19 feb should be ok for me

lilprince, yah lor, even though I suppose I have alot of time compared to u... I also feel I shld give myself some ME time instead of feeling like a cow. Which I do lor. Moooo.

dear mummies

if u are keen, pls PM me your full name, mobile number as well as addresses so that i can compile a more comprehensive list and circulate via email

thanks

medusa
actually i feel FM won't lose out to BM lor coz if it can give us more time for us to spend better quality time with bb, then why not? for me, i wld love to sleep in with rhyan but i always hv to sleep later than him to ebm and wake up earlier than him to ebm .. i dun hv alot of chance to let him wake me up in the morning leh coz i must make sure i wake up earlier than him ..

Beanie,
I used Dr Chen CY. She is good, very professional and yet very friendly. Recommended my other sil and gf to her and they too think she is good. She is young ...maybe late 30s. She goes anywhere u like to deliver your bb. But I know she registered at TMC and Mt A. And she prefers Mt A. I did mentioned to Kelly before that I chose her partly becos' of location (so easy, just need 10-15mins to go gynae..less stress and trouble for preggy me and hb can sleep longer in the weekend) and her impression (1st impression - good). As I had initially intend to see Dr TC Chang from TMC but he is damn ex thru he is so popular and nice. Dr Chen's is by appt so no need to wait damn long to see her, and she is very very willing to listen to my complaints and nonsenses... and my visits usu lasts at least 30mins! She gave me advises on how i can protect my skin from dryness and stretchmarks and she is very pro-breastfeeding. Can ask her all questions.

Personally, I think it all depends on whether you like the person to be your gynae or not, for me and hb, we both prefer lady gynae and i made a right choice getting her cos' i realsied there are many 'Embarrassing' situations and questions regarding breasts that I m doubtful during preggy and after delivery ...luckily she is a woman and I feel more comfortable telling her and asking her my those questions!

Hope this help you in your selection of gynae

puff...hehee actually true lar, got msia better than nothing, take a short break(altho hv to entertain PIL :p), and sabah is a beautiful place, AND i canot resist their spaaaaa! the mandara spa there is heavenly, but this time round i dun tink can go, cost RM800+...canot liao
sad.gif

will sure miss the sunset view spa room....
sad.gif
sad.gif

medusa,
nice pics!! u are really good in photo taking hor. aiyo, i seldom take photo for natalie lei. quite lazy lah! :p

beanie,
me too had c-section. gynae said betta to rest for 9mths for nxt pregnancy.

err.. i just started switching my language with natalie lah. just found out nanny n her family speak english wif natalie. at home my hubby too speak in english. so i switch channel now, speak mandarin wif natalie. else she will be very poor in mandarin....

Beanie,
To add on- Some mums commented that Dr Chen is not cheap $950 for her package. But hb and myself did a simple computation of the time and petrol/taxi fare if we visit other recommended cheaper gynae but have to travel far and they also made up around these amt/or even more since I am a 'cabby' user. In fact, I got experienced 3 shocking incidents during my 1st &amp; 2nd trimesters...luckily she is so near and we rush to see her without much delay ...location matters to me as I was very tired and sick when preggy.

Btw, her nurse very nice and friendly, she made sure she called to wake me up for the apt (mine, usu sat's late morning) :p And she gave me a few of my Frisomum supplies and helped me to register for those mummy FM club for freebies :p

Medusa,
Your pictures are very nice. What kind of camera are you using? I have a 3.2 Sony cybershot and i find that the lag time is very slow.. I want to upgrade but DH said I am crazy as the camera is only 1 year old.. sigh!!

lil_prince,
wah... if like that run in &amp; run out of the bathroom very dangerous leh...body all wet so slippery, be careful hor. on the bright side, if u do this everyday, sure can lose more weight!!

Berry/blisse
i used to love to go pete's place at hyatt for italian food. the free-for-all bread variety is really good! go there eat roti full oledi..no need to eat anything else. lol. *sigh*

ruffy,
u know how i potty-train my boy? sad to say i had to use a cane &amp; stood at the toilet door barring him fm coming out. he bo pian cry like no 2moro but eventually sit on the toilet bowl &amp; did his business. thereafter, he machum kena addicted to pooing &amp; peeing in the toilet... always drink lots of water just to go &amp; pee...

i tried all sorts of soft approach but none worked. out of desperation, had to resort to threatening him. hope he wont grow up &amp; complain abt me to a shrink.

SPEAK MANDARIN
girls, start talking to yr bb in mandarin a.s.a.p. dont be like me...whole family including ILs speak english except my dad. when my dad asked my boy in mandarin "what did u learn in school?" he asked my father in english "yei yei, what r u talking abt?" my dad finds it funny but at that time, i felt so ashamed. i was quite sad that my dad's fav grandson cant communicate with him properly. now he's so much better at it after he attends school &amp; i try to revise his chinese lessons with him too tho' my pronunciation is half-baked.

Medusa,
Me, still working hard bfg JR...5 months liao... and true very very not easy... esp when go out... I have to either feed him in the car or in the nursing room. And when work piles up...supply dropped... esp recently I am damn unlucky...and feeling down ..my ss also dropped drastically! But I really wish to bf JR for long..as long as I can.
Really enjoy the every moment JR latch on my breasts. The closest is really beyond description. And when u see him smile at you after his milk milk, it really warms your heart! I told myself no matters how difficult, I will still try...imagine when I was very sick not long ago, I have to opt for medicines that are ok for bfg mums..but take damn long to recover..and now my nose still bleed occassionally.
Actually I hate to wake up early to express milk too! Like this morning, I woke up at around 5.30am to express milk and then cos' cannot sleep liao decided to iron a few clothes...and ended 'burnt' my fav shirt ...maybe too tired...
HAte to express during work time, so reduced my pumping session to only once at work! during lunchtime somemore...no social life for me to mingle with colleagues and cannot drive out for good lunch
sad.gif

Aiya, bfg has to sacrifice alot... I dun know how long I can tahan, but I wish I can tahan long... and I know some mummies like Blisse and cosmo is giving me lots of support here! Dun want to disappoint myself and them too! Also, know of some mums who bfg their darlings till 2 years old..or even longer ...think I will take them as role models and inspiration for bfg.

IF I am sahm...then most problems are not a problem at all! Too bad, cannot be a sahm yet but I am planning to for my next bb.

Hi to all mummies out here! I'm new to this thread.

My gal Shermyn is 7 weeks old. I gave birth on 6 dec.

I'm worried that my gal is not drinking enough. I started trying to express milk abt a week ago for storage in preparation for me going back to work in 6 weeks' time.

However, it's difficult to pump milk and feed direct at the same time. I only get about 50ml to 100ml total each time which is quite miserable. My gal is drinking about 100ml to 120ml now.

I tried supplementing one or two feeds of FM this week to see if i can incr the supply by pumping more regularly. Haven't really seen much effect so far.

Do you have any suggestions on how better to feed and pump enough at the same time ?

emma, tbl, fruitcake, mngo, jen : our babies are about the same age. Can I check what is their weight now ? I am concerned that my gal is not gaining enough.

She was 3.125kg at birth, 2.875kg upon discharge (less the water retention) and about 4.2kg now.

CNY SHOPPING
anyone has started or finished shopping for CNY clothes? i have not bought for myself &amp; hubby. wanted to wait till 1st feb so that the creadit card bills will come next month. i already overspent this month so dont want to give my hubby heart attack. lol

puff,
ask Yingxin dont envy as soon will be her turn
happy.gif

side sleeping
Carriane has always been sleeping sideway since she came back from hospital. My mil train her to sleep sideway as initially she does puke milk, so this way will not choke her just in case when we r sleeping n unawared.

little_prince,
my ger is Carriane..hehheh

Medusa,
as wat i encourage Junior, dont stop bf! shld continue since u got the ss! u know not all mums can bf for so long
happy.gif
u know i really wish i cam bf my baby really long but then haiz i failed
sad.gif

little_prince,
u r a great mum! i support u in bf!

vaingirl,
i didnt try that. next time will go n try! my hb love italian food too, thats y he is so fattttt....

lil-prince, junior,
try to tahan as long as u can but dont feel that u fall short as a loving &amp; responsible mother just bcos u want to stop bfg.

my parents always tell me that they fed me condensed milk when i was younger &amp; that doesnt make them lousy parents. im like, "wanna bet?"...lol...joking la...

i gave up after 6 wks for my 2 kids &amp; i tell u, i was like "thank goodness" when i finally stopped. me is that jialat.

lil devil, wat do u mean by screaming? Maybe he just want u to play w him?

Blisse, haha, hilarious captions lol!

skyblue, wah, you go for quality food huh, not quanity. I go for both quality AND quantity, which explains y u skinny mummy :p

MT, hmm... if you ask me, mother's well-being more important lor. If you carry on BF and feel perfectly happy then of course its great! But if you feel more and more negatively then maybe you'll want to stop soon. No point forcing yrself to persist only to subconsciously create resentment in any way. Afterall, happy mummy = happy baby. Besides, there is always infant Vit C you can add to boost immunity. Oh, and horray for infant multi-vit too! :p

seagal
my gal is 2.860kg at birth, weigh 4.09kg at 6 weeks. i m on TBF. i also worried my gal not gaining enough wt..but so far pd says she is ok

do u latch on often? that is the way to increase supply..

Emma,

what's your gal's weight upon discharge from hospital ?

I am also very pro-TBF. Hate the smell of puke and poo from formula milk.

I latch every 2 to 3 hourly but ss not increasing it seems. Am currently taking Nettle and will be trying the nursing mother's tea from momsinmind. Dun know if it will help.

Also, my menses came back one week after the lochia cleared. this could be one of the reasons for my low milk supply.

are u a SAHM ? have you tried pumping ? If so, how much do you get per session ?

junior
i understand how u feel, i also wan to cont bf as long as i can, but tirng and worry baby not enuf..

if i give up i bu gan xin.

talk yo ur fren who bf, it helps

seagal
her wt upon discharge is 2.6

i dont express often, I use Avent and very slow let down, intend to get electric pump and see how.

When I express, the most is 2 oz and my hands are tired.

you mean now u r having menses? so fast? I thought bf will delay menses coming.

I still got discharge..how do u know is menses??

I will start work next mth so need to stock up

seagal

my boy was born 6 dec too. birth wt 3.42 kg, dunno wt on discharge, at 6 weeks, he was 5.5kg. but then boys tend to be a bit heavier. your pd would have alerted you if your baby was not gaining well, so don't worry! i'm on partial breastfeeding, ss not very good so trying to increase it. last week, i pumped for abt 10 mins immediately after latching and my ss has increased a bit.

medusa

yah, my hubby always tells me that breastfeeding does not a good mother make. i will also stop breastfeeding if i get too stressed, don't have enough time to nurture my baby and take care of myself. at the moment, i'm alright with sacrificing my own needs so long as it does not affect my attitude towards baby and hubby. ha, dunno how long my "martyr" attitude will last, lol. aiyah, but now my nipples have burning sensation, dunno whether it's thrush, have applied some daktarin - breastfeeding really not easy. don't feel guilty if you wanna stop, you will still be a great mum. if you want, wean baby off gradually to the point where you just latch on once a day or any no. of times you are comfortable with without feeling tied down?

Back