(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

woops... little prince... am blur as usual. Didn't read the SAHM bit... hehe :p

aiyo... if i'm stuck at home alone, I usually end up cooking instant noodles. Cham leow... definitely can't be SAHM
biggrin.gif

pets, the toyogo 5-tier plastic cabinet I got last weekend at Giant costs only $29.90.

Don't know if the sale is still on. It's definitely cheaper then usual price.

August,
i tik can leh.... i dun tik they will stop us bringing or doing anything as long as we dun disturb others.
happy.gif
me also at Mt.A, dun know wat to bring during admittion, i only know mus bring admittion letter.... and do they provide clothings for bb stay in hospital as some of my frens say certain hospital dun..... eh, my bb also like urs leh, whenever he move and make me uncomfy, my hubby will put his hand on my tummy then he will keep still, ha!! dun know why.

Littleprincess / berry,
yah, me now walk abit will feel like i am running..... like yesterday, went suntec, only manage to go to afew shop, evelyn & crabtree, a lingerie shop and a shop selling some clothes and get myself 1 casual dress as to motivate myself to slim down after birth.... after tat, I GAVE UP SHOPPING!

mngo,
yah, i already book my confinement lady liao. i tik its good and my mum says at least she will fang xin as at least the confinement lady is more pro than her.

berry,
thks .. think i will take a walk downstairs and see what i want to eat ..

beanie,
i got a high tendency to eat instant noodles for convenience sake but cannot lah, my hubby will come after me coz now eating for two .. hehe ..

toyogo got 2 types of 5 tier cabinets hor, one is smaller and the other is bigger .. hmm, i bought the big ones, 2 for $59.80 ..

chihiro,
think u got the price wrongly, is it?

beanie, little prince- if I got no choice when nothing to eat, I do eat instant noodles, but without using the MSG powder. I just add oyster sauce and ketchup to flavour the noodles, eat it dry. better than msg loaded soup.

oooh... I don't know if my cabinet is the big or small one. But I guess it's almost 1.5m in height and quite deep.

Little prince, u got it at the same price as me :p My hubby says that I'm a sucker for containers, be it paper bags or plasticware. Am usually prohibited from going near them... hehe...

chihiro,

Oh... shocking. I think your new EDD was 2 wks earlier. Did you ask your gynae y suddenly bring forward the EDD? Maybe he is only mentionning that your bb might pop in 38 wks? But my friend told me before, her EDD oso change a few time when she was in 3rd tri.

berry... if I'm really free, I like to make wontons. Usually have them with my instant noodles.

It can keep quite well in the freezer.

Very easy to make, just use mince meat and black fungus. Add loads of pepper, bit of corn flour, sesami oil, bit of cooking wine and salt to taste.

I gave up peeling water chestnuts and prawns for the wonton long time ago :p

chihiro, i think the latest EDD should be more accurate? makes me wonder if my EDD will change too.

littleprince, even those who give birth this year get the 2 days childcare leave this year? like, if i give birth on 8 Dec, then on 8 Dec I have a child below 7 years right? so that means I get the 2 days childcare leave in 2004? or will i be accused of abusing the system..

littleprince, hmm, now i think about it, when i'm on mc i also have problem with lunch as the food around my home either sucks or must take transport to get to decent food. i think i better continue working until as long as possible..

Hi little_devil,

If you are delivering in Mt.A, then all you have to bring for your baby is :
( I ) a set of clothings for your baby,
( II ) mittens, boots and cap
( III ) receiving blanket to wrap baby in.

.... according to the in-charge there.

hmm .. the instant noodle with oyster and tomato sauce sounds good, worth trying .. wontons .. i used to make them but not very nice w/o chestnuts leh ..

just came up and bought a pack of curry chicken noodles fm my place's coffee shop, but guess what, the minimart dun sell china apple drink .. argh! i bought 7-up instead, will get hubby to bring me to supermkt and buy my china apple drink to stock up tonite ..

kypf,
its not only for those who gave birth this year to enjoy this childcare leave, its for anyone who has a kid below 7 years old now .. tt means even parents who delivered 6 years ago also can enjoy the childcare leave this year but after their kid turns 7 then cannot liao ..

little prince, I had my doubts when I substituted black fungus for water chestnuts. But it tastes pretty good too. My in-laws finished the whole batch of wontons and wanted more :p

chihiro,
oh, yr edd change to 2wks earlier! wondering whether mine will chnage?? btw this reminded me, everytime i go for check up my gynea will always make remarks "hmm...yr EDD remain unchanged". So think there is possible edd will change lor.
u dint ask gynea, now u shld be in wk28 or 30?

beanie,
will try this out .. how to prepare the black fungus? need to soak in water to soften, rite? hot or cold? if use the normal wonton skin, how long can we store it in the fridge / freezer?

little_devil,
i believe u will need to bring yr open front pyjamas, breast pad etc .. erm, u like hvn't pack yr bag hor .. keke ..

<font color="ff6000">pets</font>
here's the address:
11 Lorong 8 Toa Payoh #01-1207
TOA PAYOH INDUSTRIAL PARK

<font color="ff6000">littleprince</font>
i know the drawers i bought defintely cost more than $30
though bb's clothes, etc are still in their plastic bags..i can stuff all these into 4 of the drawers ..
prob i got a bigger one version... 4got the model no liao ..
too ks lah.. hehe ... :p

<font color="ff6000">littleprince, kypf</font>
hmm ... guess i better keep tt new date in mind then... hee..
i oso not sure when EDD shd be accurate..

<font color="ff6000">leo</font>
oh ... EDD will still chg during the 3rd tri?
its like im suddenly 2wks ahead of where i tot i am .. both hubby n i were kinda shocked last night .. coz all along we were thinking 30 Nov..
sort of like got to re-arrange our plans on when to clear our annual leave
lame.gif

gynae mentioned tt he based on the size of bb wor..
mayb hor, like wat u said, i might pop on wk38 instead hor ..

anyway .. since bb is fine ..
i shdn't be tinking too much on this lah ... heheh.... juz hv to get myself ready by 20nov..
biggrin.gif

<font color="ff6000">tbl</font>
got ..i asked..
he said ard 29/30wks

perhaps not all mtb's EDD will chg one lor
erm, hope i din get u all too worried on this
uhoh.gif

littleprince, for you, if you really give birth 20 Sep, then after your maternity leave, you can probably take your 2004 childcare leave in Dec, for example.. but for me, if i give birth 8 Dec, then can i take 2 days 2004 childcare leave followed by maternity leave... it sounds like abusing the leave but at the same time it's not clear, so it's more like exploiting the loophole..

chihiro, wow, I'm envious- I also want my EDD to shift forward, preferably shift to tomorrow, that means max only got 1 more week to go :p

little devil, u haven pack your bag yet?? i thought i'm the latest in packing bag, you're
even later than me.

beanie, your wanton idea sounds good! maybe i'll also make some one of these days.

kypf,
oh, i think i know what u are trying to say liao .. maybe u can ask yr HR after 1st Oct (when this leave takes effect) whether u can take yr childcare leave but i think maternity leave needs to be started fm the day u give birth leh .. i am not too sure either, u may want to chk further ..

i rem' asking my HR whether the childcare leave will be given immediately fm 1st Oct and she mentioned tt govt says co. hv the rite to pro-rate if they want .. ie. if start fm 1st Oct, then will only hv 0.5 days left instead of 2 days .. but i wonder if this leave can be brought forward to the next year or forfeited if not taken this year ..?

little prince, just soak the black fungus in tap water &amp; cut into small strips.

Aiyar... nearly forgot, I also added mushrooms :p Same thing, soak in water then cut into small strips.

hehe.. really bad memory nowadays... pai seh...

wonton skin I normally buy from supermart. Expiry date is on the pack itself. But if you freeze the prepared wontons, it should be ok for a week or 2.

sharon
if i'm not wrong yrs shd be hyper thyroid,u will feel energetic. Mine is vice versa.
I oso felt cold b4 i pregnant,scared of cold. I oso used to bathe wif my max heater,my hubby oso complain the water can kill chicken.hehe.... both our hubby oso complain. keke....
Btw,my thyroid chkup is not done by my gynae &amp; i'm under follow-up by one of prof in Raffles hospital.I'll update my gynae wif all my latest thyroid result.
Did yr gynae tell u tat some pp will get either better or worse during pregnant for our thyroid??
tink mine shd be worse. Btw,hw do u noe tat u hv thyroid problem??

Kpyf
Ya bb is very smart,they noe who is playin with them. U can tell yr hubby, this happen to others as well.

Berry
Wa...u drank so many bottles of chicken essence per week. Thks for updatin me, all along i thought cordyceps is heaty.

<font color="ff6000">berry</font>
hehe.. can sense that you realli can't wait to see ur little one
happy.gif

btw, how much did u all get the raspberry tea thingy huh? is it like lipton tea like tt .. in satchets or its loose tea leaves?

littleprince, i ask my HR long time back before the announcement came out, as i planned to clear my annual leave before taking the maternity leave.. they said no problem to take the maternity leave after the birth of the child, as long as it's not ridiculous like 6 months later. yeah the 2 days would be forfeited if not taken this year and as far as i know in my company it's not pro-rated..

oranges, think my hubby is very impatient, everytime i feel the baby moving i quickly as him to feel but he put his hand there for few seconds doesn't feel anything he give up already.

hmm.. just remembered mom saying that black fungus and mushrooms are good for blood circulation.

Checked out this mushroom web-site. Shitake mushrooms does indeed have this property and it has loads of copper which is essential for iron to work properly.

Hey gals I think our babies are really trying to be well behaved infront of their dadies too smart right? I hope it will continue once they are out so whenever my bb will be crying I can hand him over to dady... good idea ha ha ha

lil prince

during my classes at MAH they do mention that we need to carry bb's going home out fit and receiving blanket from home means they wont provide us but I think they r going to give us a bath tub for bb as mentioned in my "How to bathe ur bb". For camera there is no problem bt no video shooting is allowed..

You gals are still ok that ur HR made things clear for you, in my case when I e mailed the HR manager regarding details abt maternity benefits she simply replied she has to discuss with management first already 10 days no reply.

For my confinement my parents in law are coming (from india) for abt 1 month so we are still trying to figure out which date is more suitable coz my MIL saying it wld be much better if she is staying longer after bb's birth so thinking of 15th oct (myEDD is 21 oct) it shld be alright?

chihiro, the raspberry LEAF tea comes either loose or in teabags, i bought mine in teabags, $12 for 16 teabags, I'm drinking 2 teabags a day.

beanie, thats a useful link, thanks!

<font color="aa00aa">chihiro,</font>
hehe.. was a bit late yesterday, reached abt 7:20~7:30 but hubby was there 1st
happy.gif

gynae din mention to me abt EDD change, but did ask me to <font color="0000ff">"control baby's weight"</font>.... eh.. how to ah? how do i know bb wanna eat how much??

btw, bb weight 3.017g, very big at wk 36 meh??

hmm.. interesting... the web-site seem to give some info which contradicts what we seem to know. Eg, oranges and apples are cooling??

oh well... better then nothing. My mandarin is atrocious. Can't understand TMC articles if its written in chinese :p

<font color="ff6000">berry</font>
oh .. okie
thanks !
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">angelia</font>
oh .. i left the clinic abt 7.20pm..
was v.fast yesterday .. usually Mons r v.crowded .. but last night was ok ..
i just waited for 1 person before its my turn

how to control bb's weight? eh ..i oso dunno
mayb cut down on tonics? sweet stuff?

chihiro,

Me will be seeing my gynae next week, see got surprise news like you or not, hahaha.... Dec 2 seem to be so far away. Did your gynae check your bb weight on every appt? My gynae never lei, not even once. I did ask her about my bb weight but she said bb still very small, no point to know. Just hope that next week, she will let me know my bb weight since i'm in 3rd trimester liao.

littleprince / berry,
ha!! actually i pac liao, jus tat i keep feeling tat i am not fully pac yet... tats y worry.

me now drinking coconut juice..yum!

berry, my hubby need to work, so hor~~ i cant expect him to wake up every night. I also heard from frens tat when they handle it themselves, they suffer Post Natal Blues. I was advised by many people to get a confinement lady.

As for looking after and bf baby, i can learn during the 2nd month. Cos i think for first month, it is better for us to have enough rest, not too stressful, build our body and ready to roar at 2nd month onwards.

kypf, my hubby oso very impatient,he gave up aft a few sec.

Sharon
Ya i'm under hypo.
Pls take care of yrself &amp; try not to go out alone.Juz in case u blackout.
I discover my thyroid durin my yrly healthscreening.
I'll perspire but not alot when i'm out for lunch,in fact i felt hot. Unless the aircon is very strong if not i can go w/o cardigan.
We really hv alot to share.hehe... Btw,u r in hw many wks? i'm at 25wks. u still working?

<font color="ff6000">leo</font>
last 2 times i asked how big is my bb he told me..
tis time, he told me without asking
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">angelia</font>
did u rem to ask dr abt ur bb's position last night?

little devil , i definitely agree with u
happy.gif
. i heard so much horrid stories abt MIL doing confinement. And my mom agrees too

mngo,
yah, and as wat u say about post natal blues, i agreed. as due to our hormones sudden change again, who knows wats gonna happen and how are we going to feel....so at least if theres a CL, it really take loads off us while we can rest and relax better and at the same time can learn things from her.

leo29,
me oso going to see gynea next wk, hope to hear some "good news" like chihiro too.
biggrin.gif
very excited lah, hope to see &amp; hug bb asap.

btw I found that lots of low waist pants &amp; skirt i bought earlier very tight liao. I'm very uncomfortable to the skirt I wear today! out of sudden like very tight leh, hope it wont affect bb. just waiting for time to go home so can change it asap. haiz... think i need to start shopping for materity wear again. but hor, if i buy now then can only wear for 3mths.... a bit wasted hor.

angelia, from what I know, taking sugary food causes baby to be big (lol, prob thats why my baby is so big). so cut down on sweet drinks, tidbits, durians, mooncakes, etc.

emma, just go to any medical shop and ask them to show u what cordyceps and pao shen looks like. v hard to describe.

mngo, i know what u mean, but be prepared that if CL do nightfeeds for you, you wont be able to latch direct if you planning to BF.
Just my opinion- every MIL is different, I wouldnt judge my r/s with my own mil just based on hearing 'horror stories' by others. its just like if she hear horror stories about DIL and thinks I'll be like one of them, I'll be terribly sad and hurt as well. So far, my mil and i are quite fine. no doubt its gonna be diff when she comes over everyday during my confinement, and maybe we'll have diff opinions that needs working out, etc. Still, I would choose to start off with a positive mindset and mentality, and tackle the differences only when they come. Instead of start off baised and thinking that we'll sure have problems (if I start off thinking so negatively, even no problem also become problematic in the end).

TBL, some of my bottoms also became quite tight towards the end, very uncomfy. no choice, just buy a few more pieces lor. better than having nothing to wear. or how about buying on yahoo auctions?

little devil, be positive, things will be hectic but only for a v short while. once the transition period over and we're more settled down, things will be better. I'm already looking forward to the being able to go losing weight, regaining my figure, going shopping/pedi again, and also looking forward to being able to bring my baby out when I learn how to handle alone. then we can all meet up and yak about our babies keke....
happy.gif

Back