(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

oh yar sharon, I was at robinson 2 weeks back and saw the thomas cot again. This time, there was a pamphlet on it. Apparently, the Thomas cot CAN be converted to a toddler bed.

All you need to do is get rid of the movable side bar and shift the mattress platform to the lowest hinge.

<font color="aa00aa">littleprince, tbl, puff, kypf, beanie,</font>
think it's not a matter of them being lazy or what, most prob they wan pple to report back to work early.

don't think can appeal cos previously was HR staff who replied me, now is the HR MANAGER!!!!

was wondering is it a good idea if I "appeal" via MOM?

<font color="ff6000">littleprince,</font> did u email to MOM previously to get them to help?

angelia, you can try to talk to MOM.

As I said, SHR should make it compulsory for all HR members to go for EQ courses. Happy staff=more productive staff. What benefit do they gain in the long term if all they have on hand are disgruntled people?

angelia,
i did .. haiz .. long story .. u want to give me yr personal email addr and we discuss this outside the forum instead?

<font color="aa00aa">littleprince,</font>
u can PM me, or email me @ [email protected]

i was wondering izzit cos i pressed them too hard on the HL, thus end up they make the extra 4 wks ML so strict for me
sad.gif

hi sharon, beanie

Thank for all the advise on Thomas cot now i more"fang xin" to buy last sat dun dare to buy think haev to make a trip down again
u mean the mattress is better now?

<font color="aa00aa">beanie,</font>
u mean there is such a society?? ya, maybe shld write in to them man.. hahaha..

but they'll prob say it's "COMPANY" policy.. hiaz..

Hi AC,

I din get the cot mattress which I think you and Rochelle are keen on getting. I got the playpen mattress instead which is retailing at $99.. so after disc. it's about $84.16. As for the cot size mattress, it's retailing at $159.. so take 15% off the price.

Puff,
I just bear with the problem lor. Just try to wriggle my fingers more when I get up in the morning... other than that, I just pray that it'll go away once I deliver. I can't imagine if during labour, in midst of all the pain, I can't even clasp anything!!!

Gals,

All of you seemed to be waking up quite often in the night to pee... I'm already 33weeks, but I'm still sleeping thru the night leh. I'm always wondering/panicky why do I always have symptoms that are so different from other MTBs??!!

angelia,
u hv got mail, take a look and reply to me at my personal email addr direct .. its not the way u press them, they are just taking advantage of the situation .. just wondering why the govt never think of this problem tt we are facing and maybe reimburse us on our salary direct while we take a 4 weeks unpaid leave .. *haiz*

bride0712,
u shld be happy tt yr sleep is not disrupted, u wun feel like this anymore when bb is engaged ..

bride0712,
yes. to me it's a must to wash all bb's clothing b4 using.
happy.gif

btw what cupboard u ladies bought for bb har? tried to look for suitable one but dun have leh...
prefer those with more drawers so can put bb's towels, blanket, clothing etc. any idea where to get nice and not so exp cupboard?

what can I say bride0712, you've got damn good bladder muscles
biggrin.gif

I usually wake up only once a night. When I'm really tired, I sleep right through. During the day, whenever I think abt it, I'll feel the urge to go. But if I'm bz, I can tahan for 4hrs :p

It's all a state of mind for me lar... hehe...

Angelia, HR professionals do have an association. It's called SHRI. They are supposed to help "improve" the standing of HR personnel. From what I can see, they sure have a hell of a lot of work to do.

wendypooh, can't recall what type of mattress I am getting leow. But I saw the cot a 2nd time a few days after I bought mine and the thought that came to my mind is that the $199 one is better and it comes with more items.

bride0712...tks for the pricing
happy.gif

you are so lucky not waking up to pee!!

i will be washing all the clothes and towels before using them, using the baby detergent, but haven't start yet

bride0712,
its best to wash all the clothing and towels bb will be using before use as bb's skin is very sensitive and rashes may develop easily if the clothings are not clean ..

tbl,
can consider buying those 5tier plastic drawers like Toyogo brand etc, they are movable (wheels below) and can store many things .. i bought 2 at the Toyogo warehouse ..

hmmm... I don't need my ironings done actually. Just need maid to sweep, mop and dust the shelves. Tried to sweep floor over the weekend. So exhausted after that. Stomach cramped for a good 30min... sigh...

Hubby was supposed to do it but he was preoccupied with work the whole weekend
sad.gif

Sharon, I don't intend to do much for the nursery leh. Probably will put cot in my room for ease of bf at night.

Hi gals,

I think someone mentioned this morning that the Taka Baby fair is till 8 Sep... I dunno if there's a mistake on the website or wat.. but according to the web, the baby fair is til 6th Sep, Today!! So if you are eyeing something at the fair... better head down today!!

Sharon hope the amid will do a good job, mee also tired of trying coz want one whome i can call during confinement for everyday or alternate day to help with extra works.. Last week called one who was recommended by somebody from the forum, was ok to work but her dressing and behaviour was quite uncomfortable even my hubby who never says anythg was finding her quite awkward. When I read the horrible stories in the thread then I realized may be I will also become one of the victim coz you cant be ard the maid for 3-4 hrs....

Last time another maid burnt a lot of my hubby's formal shirts and trousers and kept it in nice manner, after 2-3 days my hubby started calling me to office (which is unlike him ha ha ha) ard 9 am mng (while getting ready for his work)- this is another one your maid left the iron mark... : (
so think can not tahan now, funniest part was still I wanted her to come to my place since she is nearer to Bukit Batok and thought that other than ironing I can take her help but she kept on making excuses untill I got fed up...

Wish me luck to get a good maid this time.

bride0712
so envious of you to be able to sleep thru the nite...i wake up at least 3 - 4 times to pee

i have already washed all the baby clothes (whether new or hand me downs) and packed them in ziploc bag...like what little prince said, babies have sensitive skin, also do not mix their clothes with ours to wash, have to wash separately with baby's clothes detergent

<font color="aa00aa">littleprince,</font>
din receive any mail from u leh.

<font color="aa00aa">beanie,</font>
SHRI to improve the standing of HR personnel, but HR always out to "bully" us leh !!!

bride0712

I washed all of the clothings and other washable stuff for bb use, if you are using a mild detergent with warm water and rinsing it thouroughly then no need for specific bb detergents the same thing my instructor told me during antenatal classes. But make sure water is warm and u r not leaving any traces of detergent in the fabric...

puff,
do i need to pack the clothes in zip log? can i just wash already and leave the clothes in the plastic drawer?

mngo
it's up to you...cos my EDD is 20 November, another 2 more months to go, so personally i prefer to pack them in ziploc back so it will not collect dust wherever you place them (i pack all cloth diapers, clothes, botties and mittens and even stroller pad in the ziploc bag)

well, think it's better lor to keep them in ziploc bags once you washed for hygiene purposes also

Hi lil_prince,
You don;t hv to worry...the service at ESH is 1st class. The nurses there are v caring n even the ladies who bring in yr food are super nice. I was esp impressed by the midwife n the nurse i/c who were in charge of me during my labour. They really made me feel at ease. Yup, ESH is v pro bfg. There is a parentcraft nurse called Fonnie who'll come by to see if yr bb's latchg on correctly n advise u on matters pertaing to bfg. I'm a klutz when it comes to handling nb, but the nurses really made me feel confident abt handling Sarah.

Kelly,
As I hv history of asthma, was advised to supplement with NAN HA.

Yup ladies,
Berry is right. It's def more comfy to bf bb direct instead of pumpg...but I feel tt pumpg produces milk faster than direct latchg.

kypf
Sorry for the late reply been very bzz wif work. Fm Taka bb fair every purchase of $100 will entitle for free gift. Taka fair end on 8aug.

The thread move very fast, i hv printed out all the missed thread.

radiohead,
i am glad to hear this, Fonnie was my antenatal class instructor .. like her way of handling bbs, she mentioned also tt if we hv problems in BFg, can call her anytime and she will try to help over the phone .. if necessary, can also bring bb bk to ESH for her to guide us though there is usually a charge of abt $40 - $50 but if its something tt can be resolved easily, she will not charge us ..
happy.gif
.. feeling better after your reassurance ..

hi radiohead

glad to hear that ESH service is superb cos i will be delivering there too!! by the way, how much did you pay for the bill (yours is 2 bedded rite?)

Hi puff,
I'll copy the bill info frm another thread over okie? Actually typed it out for lil_prince...

FOR MUMMY
Normal Deliv 2D/2 bedded $1000
Medical Supplies $20
Equipment n supply $45
Ward procedure $104
Pharmacy $20

Total hospital charges $1248.45 (includ 5% GST)

Professional Fee $945 (Vacuum asst)

Total Charges $2193.45
Medisave $1400
CASH $793.45

FOR BABY
Special nursery 2 days $300
Medical Supplies $20
Equipment n supply $6
Lab-clinical $134.16
Pharmacy $31

Total Hospital Charges $515.72 (includ 5% GST)
Prof Fees (PD) $165

Total Charges $680.72
Medisave $597.30
CASH $83.42

Btw, I stayed in 2 bedded but had vacuum asst deliv....hope it helps!

Emma as mngo replied it would be much better if your hubby is accompanying you, it will give both of you a clear understanding abt labour and handling of bb. My hubby was more excited than me for the classes and even after finishing abt 20 days ago he keeps on reminding me for exercise and breathing tech.

mngo same as puff I also kept my bb's stuff in a plastic bag and sealed it properly, I tried to keep them individually so that whenever I need one set I will open only one pack and other will remain intact. Even for diaper as I am planning to use cloth diaper, after washing I prefolded abt 20 pcs and kept in the set of 4 in different plastic bags... i think its all depand on individual, I am microbiologist by profession may be thats why I am thinking too much when it comes to bb's need and requirement.

mngo
mine is on 9 sept. I have not booked the hosp but more or less confirm is Mt Alv.

Wendypooh
how r u? So far been eating well. Just a bit cramp here and there.

august, you referring to maid or part time cleaner?

Emma, if you're referring to antenatal classes, definitely best for hubby to go with you. Firstly is so that he can also learn along and benefit from the class. another thing is that for e classes I attended, I didnt once see a anyone attending alone, all the hubbies were around, so u might feel weird to attend alone? plus, sometimes the instructor may teach certain excercises that will need your hubby to participate.

TBL, I bought a drawer unit frm IKEA for baby clothing, blanets, bib, bumpers, etc...

Talk about PT cleaner- SIGH! last week the cleaner I got from the agency was really lousy, I can definitely clean faster and better than her! Told her clearly that bathroom has to be scrubbed, in the end she only mop the floor with damp mop and WIPE the rims of toilet bowl. And plus a million other things she supposed to do but didnt do. Plus she work at snail's pace, took 3hr+ to do 2 hr worth of work. I dont know whether to faint or vomit blood. the agency will send another one this coming thur, hope its someone decent. I really hope to get someone reliable before I pop.

Oh dear, I hope my hubby can go for the antenatal classes with me. He has to travel here and there for work. Aaaargh, cross fingers!!

oops berry I was referring to PT maid. I do not want to go for full time as me too dont like the presence of a stranger around... Think most of us are not able to get a satisfactory PT maid...

emma, cong cao aka cordyceps is definitely beneficial, I took it quite regularly throughout. But as for ginseng, its best not to unless you can lay your hands on 100% genuine and good grade wild ginseng aka 'ye shan pao shen' (which is quite rare). Certain types of ginseng can trigger premature contractions and cause complications if taken at wrong dosage or if your body cannot take it.

those of you who've started drinking raspberry leaf tea- do you feel some very mild tightening of uterus when you're dirnking the tea? I think I do, but not sure if its my imagination?

beanie,
thks for the info on carpal tunnel syndrome. i finally know the root of my problematic hands.

puff, bride0712, lil prince,
i suffered from numbness/swelling in my hands too since my 6th mth. i consulted my gynae and she said it's due to water retention and was told to cut down on salt intake. i listened and my condition improved for a while but when u consumed outside food, u wont know how much the salt level is so when my hands get so cramped/numb in the middle of the nite, i knew i must avoid that food stall or the dish i ate the day b4.

my condition is quite bad til i keep waking up a few times a nite (excluding the times i wake up to pee). i hardly get much sleep since 24wks. the condition is also worsening now (though i watch my salt intake very carefully). my hands remain numb thru out the whole day until i cant drive (like lil prince) and i cant write or type for long. i consulted my gynae, she said it's bcos i'm reaching full term soon...quite normal.

sharon,
thks for the info on massaging the arms/hands.

emma,
i take dong cong cao in chicken soup. my mum uses dang shen, gou ci zi &amp; red dates to make a herbal drink for me every few days. u can consult the pp in the chinese herbal shop. they can advise u wat to take but do tell them u r pregnant.

btw, i'm attending the 9sept class at MAH.

berry,
thks for the info on caffeine-free teas. i'm drinking lipton raspberry/cranberry tea nowadays but i still cant resist my iced peach tea which i get from yoshinoya.
once i'm away from office, i wont drink my iced peach tea since i dun have access to it.

Back