(2004/08) Anyone due in August 2004?

Hi Augustmum,

Glad my posting made you feel comforted and assuring. I sun bathe her for about 20 minutes. I do it in my house cos the sun shines in through the window. When I was on formula, she drank 60-70ml every 2.45-3 hours. However, yesterday my PD said I can increase her intake to about 90ml. Hee, will try today. How about your Boy Boy?

I am sure you feel so heart pain when he cries. Me too and can't help to rush and carrry her in order to pacify her. But lucky for me, she is fine with BF and FM, not too fussy. So I suggest you try to refrain from carrying him. Get your hubby to carry him whenever he cries.

You may call 9366 5484 to look for Maria. Just to infrom you her charges, $50 for abt an hour long massage, $10 for a cream which she said is good to "eliminate the wind". She will try to sell you her corsett and binder, but you can say you dun need and only wanna borrow hers. She may also ask you to take up a 10 session massage, but you may insist 7 sessions, however, is dependant on individual. For my case, she also ask me to take up 10 sessions but I opt for 7 only and did not purchase anything from her. So my total cost is ($50 + $10) X 7 = $420. Payment on the first session, by cash or cheque.

I put on 14kg during my pregnancy, now shed 10kg and left with another 4kg more to shed. How about you? Most of the fats I think is around my tummy and bum. So sad, however, I managed to fit into some of my pre-pregnant clothing le. Hee, let's work hard to regain our pre-pregnant figure k. Cheers.

Augustmum, my sch is in the W5 cluster.
happy.gif

beanie, think i'll take your advice. I'll call the massage lady ASAP... have been procrastinating! ;P
All right, it's back to work tomoro! Counting down to the start of my maternity leave... *grin*

Hi cookiedough,

Remember to call Maria and booked her soon. She told me August, she has a busy schedule. Welcome to join me and Augustmum soon to discuss on our newborn.

Hi beanie,
Like what was mentioned earlier, if you are having a malay lady to massage, then how do you bf when you're wrapped up and so oily?

Hi cookiedough,
If go on maternity so soon (before the delivery)...then you'll spend less time with bb?
Many have been asking me when i going on leave...but dun want to waste my leave leh, thought of using it only after my maternity
happy.gif

Hi Andriany,
dun worry too much, prob bb will turn in 1-2 weeks' time? did ur gynae say anything?

Hi scoobydoo,
Got show liao can dun go hospital? i thought that's one of the sympton of bb popping soon? Prob the mums here can advise
happy.gif

Seems like this thread is changing into a newborn mum's thread...let's keep it up ok!
happy.gif

hi all!!..
Glad that everybody is well!!..

Beanie,
How do you manage to shed 10kg in such a short time??..issit becos of the massage??..i wonder how much weight you will lost once you deliver?
I think 4kg should be no problem lah..continue to breastfeed..it help lose weight. Ya..issit very inconvenient..or issit painful getting all wrap up...eps if you have been been cut down there..
(how long did you start the massage after you deliver?)

aimee,
Ya..i got show..but so far..no sign of contraction (sob...)..cos my friend told me the last time she got show, she admitted herself and was monitor for contraction..but the contraction was not strong enough for labour so she was sent back home..but the next day , her contraction start and baby popped!..for my case..i think it's just a sign that labour is near but i think just need to look out for water breaking or contraction.

Can i know who's a christian on this thread??

Hi Scoobydoo,

You have show liao? Have you seen your gynae? Gynae will check your dilation. I have 'show' as my symptom b4 I popped. Went to see my gynae in the morning. Didn't feel any contractions at all throughout the day but delivered early next morning.Think you may pop soon.

I'm a Christian. You too? Remember to say a little prayer before you are sent to the birth ward. Asked for a safe and smooth delivery, baby's cooperation and labour to be as natural as God intended. You will be safe in God's hands.

Hi Beanie,

How your confinement so far? Have you taken any tonic yet? My CL 'complained' to my mum and MIL that I did not take any ginger, picked them out one by one
happy.gif

After the massage, do you feel oily? If 'yes', do you bathe?

Hi the rest of the mums-to-be,

Rather quiet now? Have you popped, popping or waiting to pop?

Wow beanie,
You lost 10kg?!!! Gosh, congrats man! So envious, was it coz of massage lady? Or lookg after bb?

Hi aimee,
My babe's turned head down some time back...just tt she's not yet engaged in pelvis. That's why I can still walk at my normal speed and leave other preggies at the gynae wondering how come I got admission letter but can still zip around so fast. Gynae didn't say anythg...just did strep b test last wk n then gonna do heartbeat test this wk.

Hi scoobydoo,
Hey, you're well on the way already...do try to rest more while you still can so got energy to push later. Take care of yrself n all the best! You'll be seein yr kiddo real soon.....

Hi aimee,

Normally, I will express out to stand by for my bb while I am having my massage. You dun have to be wrapped up for the whole day. The first day, one hour massage and one hour wrapping. Second day one hour massage and two hours wrapping. However, the duration of wrapping depends on individual as some may have sensitive skin and therefore, cun stand the wrapping for too long. So far, I only had two sessions. Continuing this week.

Hi Scoobydoo,

I shed 8kg after I discharge (weigh the very moment I step into my house, me very conscious about my figure. Hee hee). Then I shed another two kg over the week. I do not know whether is it bcos of the massage or what, but my tummy did firm up, not so flabby like when I just gave birth. I started the massage the following day after I was discharge. However, I stopped last week bcos bb got jaundice and was admitted, too sad to take care of the massage and therefore, ask her to stop for last week.

Hi Augustmum,

Me very bored at home when bb is sleeping. So sick of all the confinement food. Ya, my mil has been giving me tonic everyday. Beside the tonic, I also drink birds nest and chicken essence every day. I stopped eating ginger, sesame oil, red wine (added to cook my food) and DOM the moment my Girl was admitted to hospital bcos of juandice. People advised me not to take until her jaundice level drop to below 10. Going to take the above from today. How about you? Have you started washing your hair?I had my first wash last Saturday and wow, you feel so good man.

I bathe everyday with the herb that my mil put into the bathing water. So after the massage, I bathe and do not feel oily.

Hi Andriany,

Like what I mentioned earlier to Scoobydoo, I lost 8kg after giving birth and manage to shed another 2kg over a week. Working hard to shed another 2 kg this week and by the time I thorw the full month party for my girl, I hope to regain my pre-pregnant weight. Me oso dun know is it bcos of the massage or looking after the bb. I think both play a part and of cos breastfeeding. But the massage do help to tone up the flabby flesh.

Hi beanie,

Since u take alcohol, do u still bf? How did u take the alcohol? As in straight from bottle or cook with food?

Hi beanie,

Your tummy firmed up already? What an envy-mine still flabby. Washed my hair last Saturday- heaven. The Wella dry shampoo doesn't work. So disgusting to accumulate so much powder on the hair.

I lost only 6kg. Relatives told me I look better fatter but really cannot stand the little tummy. Do you know my sis who gave birth in May last year still looks pregnant?

Can be quite boring when baby is asleep. Maybe, can start planning for first month. Another 2-3 weeks to go right? Are you catering food or just distributing cakes? I think I will cater food, settle everything in one day.

Ladies in this thread, any caterer to recommend?

Skyblue,

I will be taking tonic and this will include DOM. Confinement Lady ensures that alcohol cooks with food is safe.No alcohol straight from bottle for me cos' breastfeeding.

Hi Skyblue,

I guess Augustmum has already answer you. That's what my mil has been doing, cook with food.

Hi Augustmum,

Still a bit flabby, but I believe will be better after I finish all the sesson with the masage lady.

I am already planning the first month celebration. Me almost done, guest list done, shortlisted caterer and dish and bakery selected. So now left with informing the guests only. How about you? How's your preparation?

Hi Scoobydoo,
i'm a Christian!
happy.gif

Hi augustmum,
Guess many are browsing around these few threads
happy.gif
me still waiting to pop...into 38th week now...hope bb can endure till the weekend after national day, cos nearer to the bb bonus news mah
happy.gif

Hi Andriany,
Issit a must for bb to be engaged so early? If i'm not wrong your edd is end august right? Dun think too much...guess you are moving fine at this rate bah
happy.gif

Hi beanie,
was wondering if your bb having problems when you give him ebm and direct bf? If i dun remember wrongly other mums are encouraging us to bf direct rather than giving ebm before 4-6 weeks old? It's also becos of this issue that i'm wondering if should get a massage lady...
Really hope i can be successful in bf...

Wah, you are really efficient...already completed the first month celebration planning. Was puzzled when some mums from another forum keep insisting that i wont be free during confinement..wonder what can we be busy abt.
Thinking of doing something for my hubby during my confinement, cos cant go out shopping for his present which falls on early sep leh...

So how do you mums spend your time at home?
Care to share what brands of diapers currently using? Thinking if we should stock up cos now quite a no of places having offer for diapers...

Hi skyblue,
if i'm not wrong, alcohol contents drop when cooked with food. The nurses advises that if you want to drink direct from bottle, then do it 1-2 hours before the next bf session...

Hi mums n mums to be,

Thks for answering my queries on alcohol. Me quite concerned cos will be bf but don't want to affect my beloved bb. Getting quite excited as the day approaches but not as soon as all of u of cos. Mine in sep. Real exciting to see all of u popping one by one.
happy.gif

Me a Christian too.
happy.gif
Am praying for safe, normal delivery...

Btw ladies, both my mum and mum-in-law recommend drinking this alcohol called "Wincarnis". They both said they enjoyed it during their confinement. It's good for the first 2 weeks of confinement... after that can switch to DOM. I saw it at NTUC (Lot 1).

Hi aimee,

My girl has no problem with direct bf and ebm. But I prefer to ebm cos I can monitor the amount she drink for every feed.

Maybe the other mums are busy recuperating their health. My friend sleep a lot throughout her confinement. But for my case, I am pretty energetic. I am the sort of person who requires only 8 hours of sleep a day and do not take nap in the afternoon. Therefore, I am always very bored when my girl is sleeping.

I am currently using pampers premium NB. Bought 2 packs and got another 2 packs from TMC. I have one pack of Huggies Dry Comfort M size. Am thinking if I need to buy any small size. But seems like my girl is using very little. During the day, my mil used cloth diaper and only use 2 pcs of pampers every nite. Where are the places that are having offer for diapers? Care to share?

Hi beanie,
If you wanna get Pampers Premium NB, Sheng Shiong Hypermart at Tekka Mall sellg for $13+ a pack and Pampers BB Dry (S) for $10.90. This is their usual price. I don't knw abt other brands coz I only stocked up on Pampers. I bought 4 packs of S at Sheng Shiong then 2 more packs of S and 4 packs of M during NTUC's last sale where 2 packs cost $23+. Maybe you'd like to check out Diapers thread to find out more.

Hi Andriany,

Thanks for your update.

I find that Pampers Baby Dry (S) is smaller than Pampers Premium NB. I got a pack of 46pcs from my brother last night. When I open to compare the size just now, I find it smaller than the Pampers Premium NB. So you may consider not to stock too much Pampers Baby Dry (S). Do you intend to use cloth diaper or totally diapers only?

Hi beanie,
You're v welcome! Oh really? The size is smaller? I'll only be using diapers coz my mummy will be lookg after my daugh along with my sis's son....both due ard same time. Heh. Don't thk she can handle washg so many cloth diapers....=P Anyway already bought 6 packs of S and sis bought 2...so if hers not enough, she can use first then buy M for me later.

Hi all,

Wow , long thread liao , have not log in for quite some time !

I am having my maternity leave liao and looking after my 1st child ! My gal have not "pop out" yet ! today already 40 weeks so have to induce on friday if she still doesnt want to come out! Think she is too comfortable in my tummy !

What about the rest of you ??

Hi Andriany,

Good for you at least can share with your sis. For my case, my girl is the only baby in my family and that's why I dare not buy too much. Also, my girl is using 2 to 3 pcs of pampers diaper every day, so my stock can still last quite some time. Really help me to save money.

Hi irenevinc,

So you will be the mext to join Augustmum and myself. Looking forward to hearing the delivery of your girl.

Hi beanie,
wah, seems like you very 'low maintenance' type. can lose weight so easily, and during confinement still can do so many things
happy.gif

Guess becos you using cloth diapers, that's why using very little. Me heard from friend every bf session will need to change the diapers cos they'll poo??
Hm...saw in the papers last week that carefour having sale for pampers...dunno which one though but it's in a carton of 4 packs. Cold storage having sale for drypers, 2 for $23.95 i think. i bought a few pack of S to store...
Other than that...havent seen any offers around other than the 3 for $58 pampers promo which dun think applies to us yet
happy.gif

Hi Andriany,
you sure have stocked up alot of diapers on hand
happy.gif

i'm just wondering at the rate the newborn are using, how much of the S size do we really need to stock up?

hi irenevinc,
glad to see you back...so resting at home and waiting for the big day?
happy.gif

Since it's your second one..you should be more experienced liao
happy.gif

So far only hear from augustmum and beanie...dunno abt the rest leh...

Here's an updated list:
Amie ............30-Jul
Valencia........End July - Early Aug MAH Boy
Irenevinc.......3-Aug TMC Gal
Joey Low.......3-Aug SGH Boy
Sue...............5-Aug MAH Gal (Given birth 26 Jul)
Huaywen.......7-Aug KKH Boy
Augustmum..10-Aug TMC Boy (Given birth 22 Jul)
Scoobydoo....12-Aug NUH Boy
Leibit............15-Aug MAH Boy
Cookiedough.......15-Aug Gal
Aimee...........18-Aug MAH Boy
Punggolite.....Mid-Aug Gal
Beanie...........Mid-Aug TMC Gal (Given birth 21 Jul)
Andriany.......25-Aug East Shore Gal

Hi aimee,

I changed her cloth diaper after every feeding and if in between she poo poo or urine a lot, I will also change. Lucky my mil is doing the washing. I guess gradually, I will switch to totally on diapers, more convenient mah.

hi..how's everyone..been busy with work..at last finished everything!!! .so now will relax and wait for my baby to pop!!..
If my baby don't pop by this week..i'll definitely be giving birth on the 10th. (induced!!!). Seeing doc tomorrow..aiyo..think of checking the cervix makes me shiver

Doing confinement really so boring ah??..i thought most mums will complain not enough sleep..etc.
Hey..Sue, Augustmum & Beanie..did you guys actually experience this postnatal depression??....Read from articles that most new mum will get it..only depend on mild or serious.

Take Care!!

Hi aimee,
Think the pack that's on promotion for Pampers at Carrefour is the Pampers Premium. Read abt it somewhere in another thread. Oh I stocked up on lots of Pampers coz my parents kept on scarg me tt some bb hv sensitv skin n will break out in rashes if they use diapers tt aren't absorbent. Don't wanna do trial n error when she's born so dec to just look out for cheap Pampers n then stock up.

Hi beanie,
You're so lucky...yr mil doin the washg of cloth diapers so can save money on diapers. As for me, cannot hope for tt coz my mum will hv her hands full with 2 kiddos....hehe

Hi irenevinc,
Hopefully you'll pop b4 u need to be induced. Anyway take care n do rem to pop by to share yr birth story ya?

Hello everyone, finally I've time to log in to read the postings. Was busy getting used to being a mum.
happy.gif
I delivered my bb naturally without epidural & she was born 3.55kg.

Hi Aimee, my gal was born on 27 Jul not 26 Jul. She didn't wanna come out until past midnight.

A summary of my labour....
1.45pm - Supposed to go shopping with mum, felt something warm flow out like menses came that kind of feeling. Mum said go home to check & my whole panty liner were wet & with streak of blood. Called hubby to come back to fetch me. Quickly take shower & wash hair.

2.45pm - Admit to MAH

3.00pm - Nurse checked 3cm dilated. She asked me to rest & gynae will come in the evening. Changed & cleared my bowel. Very mild contraction which I don't really feel it at all.

6pm - Gynae checked. Still 3cm dilated. He asked the nurse to put me on drip to speed up the dilation. In between, I can still take nap.

10pm - Gynae checked & I was only 3.5cm dilated. Gynae asked if I wanna c-sect. I refused. He said it's ok to wait so we decided to wait until 12am to see how.

11pm - Contraction started coming & my back ache like crazy. Was telling hubby that I wanna gave up.

12+am - Gynae checked & said that I was 5cm dilated which is a gd sign. He said the contraction shld be coming closer & bb shld be out soon.

1+am - Nurse checked & I was 9cm dilated. They said that will wait awhile more & I can start pusing.

2am - Started pushing don't know for how many times but bb didn't come out. They said that can only see her head. I was so exhausted from the pushing & they said that gynae will help to get the bb out.

2.40am - BB was delivered with forceps. Phew! What a relieve hearing her cry.

Hi Scoobydoo, agree that confinement is very boring. I was telling my mum I can't wait for it to be over. I was depressed initially because my bb refused to latch on. She latched very well in the hospital but when we reached home, we worried that she's too hungry & fed her some milk with bottle. After that she got so used to bottle. I brought her to see Mrs Wong at TMC because I attended her antenatal class & she retrained her to suck on the breasts. So now, it's better. One thing, support from hubby is very impt. I'm glad he's always there when I need his help. At night, he'll do the feeding using my EBM. We have to feed her using spoon so that she won't get used to bottle.

Hey sue..
Congrats!!!..thanks for sharing your birth story.
Now i understand what it feels like when the water bag breaks..(i actually scared that i will confused between water bag break & urine leaking..hee..)

Some questions for new mums,
1) What are the things to prepare for confinement??
2) How many days after birth did you guys start bathing??..you bath everyday afterwards or what??

Sorry ah..still blur about lots of things.

Augustmum, cookiedough:
Me Christian too..which church do you guys go?? I attend Jurong Christian Church (Lutheran demonination)

Hi Scoobydoo,

Who's doing your confinement for you? You could ask her to buy the stuff for you. You may need to buy red dates beforehand, so that you will have red date tea to drink on the first day of birth.

I started bathing one week after birth. Really couldn't stand it. Use the herbal water.

You will know when your water bag burst cos' it really a lot of water. You can't miss it.

I'm attending Wesley. Quite guity as during my whole pregnancy, I did not attend church. Will go back after confinement.

Skyblue,

I used the stick-on. I like Kotex cos wide and absorbent. It comes individually wrapped. Pink package.

Hi Sue,

Congrats. Another survivor without epidural!

Hi all,

So far, I don't think I'm suffering from any depression. Maybe, due to good family support, especially from my MIL and hubby.

However, feel very exhausted cos' baby's down with jaundice. Must go pd for review rather frequently. At the moment, still using formula cos' pd discourages bf. Now, must make the milk, wash the bottles, express breast milk to ensure supply...more tiring.Must also watch out for sunlight to sun baby. Xiong...

Told my confinement lady not to put ginger in food and not to make tonic for me till baby's juandice is below 10. However, she insisted that it was ok cos' she did the same for her other confinements. She's quite stubborn. Pd and MIL told her the same thing too. She seems rather unhappy. Now, still have ginger in food. Picking the ginger strand by strand. (sigh..)

Hi all,
I've been wondering for a while... if I use the Kodomo baby detergent to wash baby clothes & diapers, how much of it should i use each time? The instruction on the bottle says 1 capful for every 3 litres of water, and i do fill it up to the brim of the cap, but everytime it seems that the detergent is still too concentrated... have to rinse and rinse like mad to get rid of the soapy feeling.

Am I doing it the wrong way? Does 1 capful mean to the "inner" cap found inside or to the brim of the cap?

What if I use my 6.5kg washing machine to wash the clothes? How much of the Kodomo detergent do i need to use, let's say on small load? Do I have to separately wash the soiled diapers from the baby clothes?

As for the Kodomo softener, is it really safe to put it in during the last rinse? Will it be too concentrated? It says 1-2 capful per 10 litres, but how much really is needed?

Btw scoobydoo & Augustmum, I'm from Covenant EFC.
happy.gif

hi, cookiedough

saw yr qns as i was browsing through the threads, i am also using Kodomo for washing bb's clothes .. agree tt if u fllw the instructions of 1 capful, it will be too concentrated .. i usually only use abt half capful (i.e. fill only the inner cap part) to one pail of water then its okie .. this is the same amt i used for small load on my 6.5kg washing machine too ..

for the softener, i also pour only half a cup during the last rinse and the clothes turn out quite clean and smells nice .. guess its more hygenic to hand wash the soiled diapers abit first till quite clean before throwing them in to wash/rinse with the baby clothes ..

hope this helps!
happy.gif

Hi all!

Been quite some while since my last posting, and wah, this thread is real getting hotter! :>
CONGRATS to Sue. So u must be busy cuddling ur newborn now right? Take care of ur health too!

Went to my gynae yesterday for cervix examination. Feeling quite uncomfortable after that. It's not painful, just uncomfy. For those who have yet to go thro this, try not to focus on the uncomfy when ur gynae is doing it, okie?

After that, u will encounter some brownish red discharge. This is not the "show". Initially i tot it was, and was quite happy coz i was thinkiing yeah, bb's gonna be out soon. But alas, called my gynae and was told it's normal to have this after the exam. Sigh. No luck, coz if bb still doesnt wanna out, i'll be induced most prob next Thur. (My edd is next Sun) Gynae said bb's getting bigger 3.4kg at 38(+3)weeks. Sigh, i really dont wanna induction, i'm still praying for normal birth.

Anyone has any idea whether can i protest against induced labour?

Hi all ladies,

I am due next Fri...still waiting for my baby to come out..hv been cajoling her everyday to no avail. Like Leibit, I also don't want induced labor...going to see gyne tomorrow and doing the cervix check at the same time...will take leibit's advice not to think abt the discomfort or pain.

Me also christian..from sjsm.

hi,
oh..that means the brownish discharge is not show..aiyah..i have that discharge only after the check lor..i tot is show..chey...

Went for checkup today..haiz..confirmed liao..i'll be admitted on 10th..will be given primer to shoften cervix..than wait for 24HOURS!! for cervix to dilate..(unless i can go into labour myself within that period)..then next day will go on drip to induce labour, just pray that there's no emergency c-section.

Leibit, any reason why doc wanted to induce you??..if there is a reason..then i think you shouldn't protest lor..cos he's the doc..and i think you should trust his judgement. Maybe he scared that by the time you reach your edd..your baby might be too big or something.

Actually i'm quite excited..knowing that i'll be seeing my baby on wednesday!!..

Cookiedough,
I'm using the ABD washing powder , my friend recommended cos she said easier to rinse, she said kodomo detergent very difficult to rinse..rinse many times still feel very soapy.

augustmum,
My mum doing the confinement for me, i think she will buy those things for cooking confinement food..but i'm not sure if she's buying the herbs for bathing..where can i get it??..maybe i can buy it myself.

Why issit that you can't bf when you baby having jaundice??..don't worry..continue to pray for your baby, i'm sure God will take care of everything!

God bless all of you!

Hi Punggolite,
hopefully our bbs will come out on their own, instead of induced one, coz heard that it's more painful. Pray on.....

Hi Scoobydoo,
gynae wanna induce me mainly coz he's afraid bb's size might be too big, and i might have difficulty giving birth. He's also afraid that my bp might get higher each day. (though mine is still pretty normal now) Yah, maybe i shouldnt protest....just that i'm afraid that if induction fail, i'll end up in c-section, which i really dun want!!!!!

Hi Augustmum,
i was told in antenatal classes that we shd continue to bf bb even when bb has jaundice. So y does ur pd's opinions differ? Did u ask ur pd abt it? Or maybe ur pd is not really pro bf?

hi leibit,

I also scared gena c-section..but I've prayed and just have to leave it to God. Just take it easy lah..as long as the baby can come out safe and healthy, i think the pain we have to endure is worth it one, right!..think positive ah!..This kind of physical wound will heal one.

Take Care!

Hi scoobydoo,

I dun think I experience any postnatal depression, or is it too mild for me to feel it. But I do not have such tot. I think the support from your hubby and family is very important. So do let them know especially your tots and feelings. Dun worry, I am sure you will be fine.

Reagrding your qns, I did not get ready anything for my confinement. My mil prepared everything for me. You just need to rest well and wait to be feed. Hee hee.

I bathe the next day after I was discharge with the herb that my mil prepared for me. As for washing of hair, one week later. I am not too sure how other mums do their washing.

Hi Sue,

Congrats to you. So how are you feeling now? How's your bb?

Hi skyblue,

I used Madame. I find that is very soft and comfy, but the only setback is that it is not packed individually. But I switched to using the normal pad after I finish the pack of 20 pcs. So far so good. So I think you dun have to stock up too much.

Hi Andriany,

Have been down on stomach flu for yesterday. Now starts to feel better after the medication. Yah, I am really glad that my mil is doing the washing. But after my confinement, I think I will switch to total diaper. Cannot imagine myself taking care of bb, washing the cloth diaper and wroking. I think I will go crazy. Hee hee.

Hi augustmum,

How's your Boy boy? Jaundice level drop to the normal range le? I checked with my cousin, his 3 babies all had their immunisation taken at poly clinics. So most likely I will follow suit since there is no isue with his 3 kids. But I will give the first jab a try and see how first. If my girl canot get use to it or very troublesome at the poly clinic or got to wait long, I may go back to her pd. How about you?

Have you tried calling the malay massage lady?

Hi Leibit, Scoobydoo and Beanie,

MY pd stopped me from breastfeeding temporary cos' she suspected mine was breastfeeding jaundice. In fact, my boy's bilirubin level dropped when I stopped bf a while. During the 'no bf' period, I have to express milk and throw it away. Didn't keep them anymore cos' really no storage space.

Thank God, baby's jaundice is now about 13. Hopefully, when we go for review this Sat, it will fall to below 10.

Beanie,
Have not called the malay massage lady. Think will not call cos' tummy reducing by itself this week.

Scoobydoo,
You can get the herbs (come in teabags form) from Chinese Medical Hall.

Scoobydoo and Leibit,

Better listen to doc but no harm consulting him/ her if there's a real need to induce. However, who knows, you may get into labour even before the day of induction. Read it happened to another mother from the July thread.

Pray hard and that God be in control.

wow, just a few days and so many postings liao...seems like all the mums coming back here liao?
happy.gif

Hi beanie,
yah, that's what i realised...when there is a helper at home, usually will use diapers, but later on most will switch to total disposible diapers.

Hi scoobydoo,
not true that all mums get it...most impt husbands must be supportive and attentive. i remember during one of the talks i attend @ Mt E, that consultant says it'll come around 2-4th day after delivery...Guess the stress nowadays come from the problems faced during bf?

As for confinement, so far the aunty has asked me to buy the following: red dates, dried longan meat, sesame oil, 'dang sheng'(if i get it right). But when you go to the medical hall to buy, they'll start selling you alot of other weird stuffs. But din buy them cos scared to spend a bomb on things not used...

Hey, seems like you also going to induce next week too? What's your reason for that?

btw, i'm currently attending hinghwa methodist church
happy.gif

Hi Andriany,
So i assume you stocked up on the Premium loh?
happy.gif
well, dun dare to buy too much, cos dunno when bb will grow out of them. But for your case since sharing with your sis so still not so bad, should be able to utilise all of them
happy.gif

Hi sue,
Oh, cos din hear from you since then...guess you must be busy. Congrats on your bundle of joy!
happy.gif

Just to ask: did the forceps delivery leave any marks on bb? How long did it take to heal? Afraid that my mil will make comments if in any case i need assisted delivery...seems like she always say other bb very cute and very pessimistic abt mine...sigh.

Hi augustmum,
wow, y no attend church for the entire pregnancy? too far? well, the people there must have missed you then...
Do make it a pt to go back after the confinement, cos i guess the preparation to leave home is more difficult as bb grows. At least that's what i see in parents with young kids in my church...

My CL says there will be no tonic during the first 2 weeks of confinement...will start tonic only on the last 2 weeks...know why?

i also heard during the antenatal classes that we should continue to bf even when bb having jaundice. But that time no ask abt bf jaundice though...but remembered the nurse saying try bf with bb in the sun and see if will improve at the first sign of slight jaundice. Dunno if it helps?
A suggestion: prob try storing the breast milk in freezer? can hold up for quite a period of time..then no scared of no supply
happy.gif
if you are returning to work?

Hi leibit,
wow, finally you are back. Too bad your posting came too late...me had the examination a day before you..and my, it was so painful
sad.gif

Now contemplating if i should go for epidural...else i may hv a hard time in the delivery suite...sigh.

Wondering why your gynae wants to induce before the edd...thought usually the practise is to suggest induction only after the edd?
At least my gynae told me will wait for 1-2 days after edd then induce...

Just a note on inducing birth...dunno how true, but from the mums who've gone through it, quite a number of them end up having c-section. For myself really praying for a natural birth...though the degree of pain is still unimaginable to me...
happy.gif

Oh dear, just hearg abt the cervix test scares me. I just had Strep B test done last week and it was uncomfortable already. Today did bb heartbeat test n nurse noted tt I had a cycle of contractns...but I didn't even feel a thg! Btw, when is the cervix test usually done? Anyway, thanks Leibit for clarifyg tt bit on the show.

Sue,
Congrats on the birth of yr nb! You must be revellg in the bliss of cuddling yr bb.

Hi Aimee,
Nay, didn't buy Pampers premium coz it comes in a humongous pack and the sizes r big. Furthermore, thk it's still quite ex. Just gonna stick to Pampers BB Dry.Thk my current ss should be enough...will wait for next promotion b4 stockg up on L size. Heh.

To all those mummies-to-be who're due soon, all the best! Let's all try to enjoy these last few days of z b4 we embrace motherhood! Hang in there!

hi,

Aimee,
I'm induced due to my diabetes, hopefully i can go natural, cos doc say so far my baby size is still ideal, and some more my cervix has open to 3cm liao..Pray hard for that!!

As for the epidural, i think you have to decide before hand whether you want it or not..or else when you are in labour..they will not give it too you if it's too late and they need to standby the specialise person to do it for you. Some more..the fee will still be the same whether you take it earlier or later. I agree what my doc said..enjoy the whole process instead of torturing yourself to bare with the pain...I think i should give myself a "good memory" of labour instead of "think of giving birth makes me shiver" kind of feeling.
This is just my thought lah...it's still up to you. All the best to you and all mums-to-be!!

Hi Scoobydoo,
looks like we really need to pray hard. At least ur cervix dilated. Mine huh, nothing at all! What's the weight of ur bb now?

Hi Augustmum,
yah lor, need to leave things to God. Hopefully miracles will happen within these few days to both Scoobydoo and i, so that we dun need end up painful labour. Hope ur bb's jaundice level will go lower, seeing ur pd tomorrow right? God bless u and bb!

Hi Aimee,
oh no, since u feel so painful for ur cervix exam now, i think u better opt for epi. Coz the same thing happened to my colleague and her gynae told her she wont be able to tahan the actual delivery. And indeed she cant tahan. Hope i'm not scarying u, but it's better to get epi first then to endure and give in later after being so traumatised, right? Yah, me oso wonder y on earth my gynae wanna induce me b4 edd. He claimed bb's getting bigger, 3.4kg now. I have no idea whether is this weight normal for first-time mum, plus i gained a total of 20odd kg throughout my pregnancy. Maybe he's fearful that bb n i become to fat and difficult if we wait longer?
sad.gif
Sigh, i heard the same here abt induction ending up in c-section. I guess right now, it all depends on God's will for me on what to go through....

Hi Andriany,
i think the cervix test is usu done towards the end of our pregnancy, when gynae wanna ascertain on whether bb's head, ur pelvis and cervix are favourable for any induction. Dun worry too much, like what i said, try not to concentrate on the pain, and practise breathing to ease ur tension.
happy.gif

To all those mummies, we will wait eagerly for u gals to upload and share ur photos with us, yeah!
happy.gif

Hi Leibit,
The sonographer didn't measure baby's weight the last 2 times i went for checkup, the last time was 36 week 2.8kg ..he say this is quite ideal..so if i maintain it..by the time i'm due, the baby will be around 3-3.2kg. So far, i didn't gain much weight..at most 1-2kg..so i think it's around there lor.

Augustmum,
Did you bring you baby for sunbathing??..i think last time my nephew (1yr old now) had quite serious jaundice also..then my sister bring him for sunbathing. But of cos don't put him there for too long la..Anyway, pray that all these will be over soon, then you can rest well for your confinement.

ya...still expecting baby pix!!!

Scoobydoo, some pple water bag will burst with a big gush of water. For me, it's leaking bit by bit. Only when I was in labour suite, the water flow is more.

Augustmum, my bb also got jaundice but not very serious. We have suntan her for a few days and it's ok now.

Aimee, my bb's forcep marks subsided on day 3. In fact, on day 2, it was better and when we took pictures for her, it didn't show in the photos. Maybe my gynae didn't 'kiap' so hard. How come your MIL makes such comments abt your bb? Don't worry, all bbs are born very cute.

Hi augustmum,
Yay! Finally a pic of a cutesy bb boy! So does he look like mummy or daddy? Great to hear his jaundice's gone down...you can nw heave a sigh of relief. Thanks for sharing.

Any more mummies care to post bb's pic too? Then we can all admire God's creations...

Hi Leibit,
Thanks for the tips...will try not to think about discomfort.

Hi aimee,
My bb's finally engaged!!! So happy...

Hi Andriany,

My baby is an exact copy of my hubby. Quite jealous cos' carried him for 9 months, yet no single trace of me
happy.gif

Hi augustmum,
Actually bbs change their looks all the time...so don't worry. All's not lost. He may end up lookg more n more like u with time. My neph was born lookg a carbon copy of daddy but nw at 5, he's more like my sis. So you never know. I'm lookg forward to seeing my daugh in 3 wks....so excited!

Hi Augustmum,

heehee, ur bb is soooo cute!!!!! What a darling boy!
lol.gif
Like what Andriany says, bb's looks will change over time, and yippee perhaps one day, he'll have all the good looks of both mummie and daddie? :>

Hi Andriany,
so now, have to wait patiently yet excitedly at the same time huh? :p Soon lah, i'm also waiting, within these few days by 12Aug, gynae has ordered me to deliver till then!

Back