(2004/04) April Mummy

Hi Mummies
My boi photo..
JiaXu as at 2yr 4mth & JiaHao as at 4mth 2wk
505498.jpg

Maple,

Sorry I will be out of town from 16 Sep - 26 Sep and then on 30 Sep I have a birthday party to attend so have to give the gathering a miss.

Cutecute,

Wow the studio photo so well taken...

Hi Ling
The photo for two boys & my husband looks nice, but mine not nice. I did not wear any make-up wear t-shirt because I did not intend to take photo that day. But somehow taken...

hi Maple,

Yah .. trial session on Sat.. think is easier for the parent. I talk to him about his school whenever we drive pass the school. REally hope that he will enjoy himself there....

Hi Cutecute. nice photo .. nevermind.. next time take the family photos again .. and wear nice nice lor....

Hi Ling . u going for holiday ??

Ling,
U going for holiday or for work? Where u going? Bringing JJ along? Enjoy yourself.

Cutecute,
Nice pic of your 2 boys.

Mummies,
Something to share I was very happy on Monday. Why? Bcos hb bathed G for the 1st time that day. And he did it willingly without any complains or grumbling (which is a surprise to me cos he always refuses to do it).

Btw, just curious whether any of your hb help to bathe your darlings? I believe yes, right?

Aloe & Maple,

Me of cos go for holiday lah where got go for work one....

Yes I am going to Taiwan and Hong Kong on 16 Sep and will be back in Spore on 26 Sep.. Yes will be bringing my little darling along...

Maple, actually hb is better in taking care of JJ then me... from birth he is the one bathing JJ and teaches my mum how to bathe JJ and I only bath JJ once when he is abt 2mths and I hardly bath him one.. haha BAD mummy rite but still I also complain abt my hb on other things...

dear all,

I'm new to this thread. Can I join?

Recently my boy has not been eating well in his meals. Mealtime can be like battle time with him. Anyone of you encounter this with your kids at this age? And how do you overcome it?

Hi newss,
Welcome! How is Keith (besides his eating habit)? Sad to hear that he is not eating well. I have no solution/advice for this as I am also facing this problem on & off. Maybe other mummies can help?

hi maple,

he's doing fine except his poor eating habit
sad.gif
talking alot, a very fun stage
happy.gif
have you enrolled gwenneyth (sorry if i spell it wrongly) to any playgroup class for next year?

NewSS,

Hi, for me is tat JJ relied a lot of his milk so I just let him drink milk lor except tat when our meals time will let JJ eat a bit lor....

I went for a talk on Sunday and the doctor actually tell me to let JJ sit beside the person he admired the most when having meal time to allow him to follow watever the person is eating... but me yet to try this method... but doctor said it is fine if JJ relied on milk

Hi NewSS,

Welcome..
For me Val will sit on the highchair no matter what..But one bad thing is that she must be infront of her barney or hi-five program..once in awhile if she's playing her toy b4 meal we will let her have the toy when she sit on her highchair..

Hi NewSS,

Welcome.

To the rest sorry I MIA for so long as not been feeling well plus busy with my boy.

For feeding problem, initially I do have problem with Ryan too esp when my maid is the one feeding, can drag up to 1 hour but when I take over its slightly better. Think coz my maid on the TV and watch together with Ryan. Plus we try another method that may seems cruel to you gals. We told Ryan if he doesnt want to eat his food ( after a certain timing and the food is way too cold) we will take away the food and not give him any food till his next meal and we drag the time slightly longer so next meal he will eat much faster.

Hope you girls dun shoot me for doing that to my boy.

hi there,
K starts eating again for the past few days. so till now i still dunno what's the root cause of it as seems like it very much depends on his mood. when the nanny cook him porridge or rice with dishes, he can tell her he wants to eat noodles so she has to cook again, she dun mind so long K eats. headache....

hi ling,
K is a milk baby too, he simply loves milk!

hi angel,
frankly i've used this method too. as i heard before if kids refused to eat dun replace it with milk just wait till the next meal then feed again, as they're very smart they'll think it's ok not to eat since can have milk. well, i tried it before once and it works. but it seems cruel hoh.

Hi News, I know it sound cruel but we have no choice coz he cant live on milk alone. At this age, Milk alone is not filling enough. SO by the next solid feed, he will be too famish and eats everything. I also notice my son eats faster when I feed him compared to my maid so I guess for the time being I have to feed him solid feed.

Ling,

If you want to try this method, you have to really endure and perservere all the pathetic looks and plea from him, otherwise, it will all go down the drain and you must be consistent so he will know that in futureif he dun eat or eat too slowly, he will not get anymore food. HTH.

hi,

what happened that time was he refused to take lunch at all. so i gave up. then he asked for milk and i refused to give him. i told him you've to take lunch or else nothing for you. then an hour later he asked for rice. i cooked some mee sua for him and he finish all!!

yes, have to perservere with their pathetic plea for milk.

hi NewSS,
welcome. i let my boy takes whatever amt he wants during meal. generally hes ok with food. not a fussy eater. do u let him snack? if he not eating well, then maybe u can try sticking his feeding times to the 3 main meals and 3 main milk feeds. otherwise he may be too full to eat.

all other mums,
i may not login much liao. have been feeling v tired again. dun have much energy to play with En also. sigh... just feel like sleeping and sitting on sofa all day long. will try to come in. else take care everyone
happy.gif

Mummies,

I remember something... just to share with all of u... the talk on Sunday actually said tat our kids' stomach size is like their one fist. (Remember not our fist is theirs) So dun overfeed them.

HI All!

Just wondering if you gals want to meet up to celebrate Children'S Day? Gathering can be at one of our place.

Interested parties:-

1.) Angel and Family
2.)

Hi newss,
G is currently attending 1.5 hrs PG. She is very happy going to school, will continue with it next year.

Wat abt K? Have u enrolled him in any PG yet? or r u still looking ard?

Hi mummies,
Any of your toddlers experiencing regression in learning (not too sure whether this is the correct term)? Wat I meant is the any of the toddlers has taken a step back in their learning?

Eg. 1: G is toilet trained long ago, but recently dun noe why, keep having accidents on & off. Either she did not tell or she tell too late.

Eg. 2: Last time she did not wet her diaper during naptime (can manage to stay dry throughout), but now her diaper is always wet when she woke up from nap.

My next worry is whether she will wet herself when we are outside. Very troublesome one leh, if she wet herself outside. (Keeping my fingers crossed, hoping that it will not happen)

Eg. 3: She used to keep her toys after playing (with some help of course). Now she does not want to keep her toys after playing. If I help her keep, she'll say tat she still want to play. Haizz...
Btw, any of your tod keep their toys after playing?

Children's Day Gathering

Interested parties:-

1.) Angel and Family
2.) Maple and Family
3.)

Hi Maple,

Val also on and off like that. But she's only toilet train for 3months so i'm not so sure if she still don't understand..

For naptime so far she's dry she's still wearing diaper but i stll tell her not to wet herself..(i told her if she wet herself than her cartoon bedsheet will be smelly, not nice..) but when she wakes up must faster rush her to toilet..

Just only my friend call and told me her dd keep telling her(every 10min or so) she wants to go toilet to pee when they are outside..because dd enjoy washing hands and the hand dryer. Funny thing is that everytime she goes there will be something..

As for keeping the toys if she's in the gd mood than she keep.. once she even want to keep her meimei in the box..haha

i'm not sure if i can make it for the gathering..i will confirm later on..

hi maple,

which playgroup is G in now? we've enrolled K in appletree playgroup starting next year.

i need to help K when come to keeping away the toys.

hi mummies,
got good news to deliver
happy.gif

i have given birth last sat at 10.46pm. boy weighs 2.6kg. a small little one
happy.gif

my birth story very simple... water bag burst after my lunch. then quickly go hospital. straight away ask for epidural coz dun wanna go thro' pain. after 6 hrs of waiting, bb comes out.

i'm already home. this time trying for full breast feeding. so far so gd, bb latch on rather well and my milk start to come in liao.

when i upload photo then post here.

hope everyone is well and fine. take care!

Hi Home,
Congratulations! Good that bb latch on well. 'Jia you' on TBF. Look forward to pic of your newborn & En. In the meantime, rest well.

Cutecute,
Recalled that your boy is performing in concert in Oct. How was it? Does he enjoy himself? Any pic to share?

Aloe,
How's Ryan in CC?

hi home,
Congratulations on the arrival of your newborn baby.....

hi maple,
so far so good.. he cried every morning, for the first 2.5 wks ... so heart pain to see him cry . but now .. he will wave bye bye to us ..

Think he likes going to school .. got lot of friends there.. and he is going to perform in his school concert too (17 Nov) ..

hhi ling, maple, aloe,
thx. so far so good. but really v bored at home. 2 more wks then can go out for a long walk!

Aloe,
Good that Ryan is adjusting to cc well. How's his performance in sch concert? U got go support him?

Home.
Confinement over? u can go gai gai now. Btw, u looking after the 2 boys yourself?

Cutecute,
JX seems to be enjoying himself in the concert. I feel so proud of him, big boy now, performing for the parents. (I assume no stage fright, right?)

Where are all the other mummies??? Everybody seems to have disappeared!

hi maple,

ya him enjoyed himself so much during the performance ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d99xkW6EOp4

hi cutecute..,
yr boy look so handsome in the school performance ...
yr younger boy .. ,wow, eye so BIG and round .. handsome

got a problem here ..

Ryan does not like vegetable at all .. how to make him eat vegetables ??

Hi aloe,
aiyoyo..so cute..Ryan must have enjoy himself..he dance very well..
I donno leh recently Val start taking Vegetable maybe because she see us eating and we told her will become 'meimei'..

Hi cutecute,
your younger boy so big boy le..how many months now? your elder boy must be very happy and enjoyed himself.

Hi maple
Tat time you mention that G accidents on & off during naptime..is she still like tat?
Recently val also start to do tat..izzit only for the time being..She only does that after her nap don't want wake up and pee on her diaper.. No point telling her bedsheet dirty she know got diaper liao..
sad.gif

Hi Mummies
Ya loh.. times flies... Jia Xu so big now. I still waiting for the VCD concert fm his childcare.

Jia Hao baby now 8mths, very playful. My husband said that he looks like him when he as baby.
Both boys have big eyes like his father.

aloe, Last time I used to give Jia Xu veg, so he used to eat veg.
So cute.. so fun got beach wear

hi ann / cutecute.

Ryan used to take vegetable too (MIL used to put veg into his porridge) but now my MIL only fried/steam fish for him.

When i try to give him some veg. he will tell me no chai-chai. I try to hide in his rice, if he taste the veg and he will throw out everything in his mouth.

Hi aloe,

Have you tried chopped it into small small pieces and cook(porridge)(Soup, take out and mash after cooking)..i think it won't taste anything just greenish..until now val is still taking like that.. only recently she start taking the whole piece.

Grrr typed a long msg during lunch time, but dunno wat I pressed/clicked, all msg gone!

Aloe,
Cant see youtube in office. Will log on at home to see it.

Re : Veg
You can try wat Ann suggested. Chop the veg into very small pieces and mix it into porridge. But dun put too much initially, just a little bit 1st. If not, he see green green, taste veg, might reject again.

Alternatively, if he is put off by the greenish colour, u can try white veg instead of green veg at the moment, eg cabbage, cauliflower. Later then slowly re-introduce green veg again.

If all else fails, the no choice method is to boil veg soup for him. This is not as good as eating the veg itself, but still better than nothing.

Hope the above helps.

Ann,
G has been off-diaper for weekends naptime. No accidents at all. *touchwood* However on weekdays, mil insists she wear diaper bcos she doesnt want any accidents. And she always wet her diapers on weekdays. Dunno why leh, maybe like Val, she knows got diaper so conveniently urine in it??? But last time she also wear diaper during naptime and can wake up dry and I always re-use the diaper for night time.

Mummies,
Any of your toddlers have been toilet trained for the night? Or is currently undergoing night toilet training?

Hi Ann/Maple,

Thanks for yr tips ..

i will try using the white veg first as he is quite OK with potato + cauliflower..

What i normally do is cook chicken steel, put in potato, carrort + cauliflower. cook till vy soft.

Can't help u on the toilet train, as Ryan only toilet train at home. he still wet his pants during school time..

is aircon place.. I was so worry that he will catch a cold.. lucky that day a lot of ppl in the room so the aircon not really cold ...

HI All,

Just checking if all your little ones is in school. My boy is still not registered for any school yet but thinking of sending him to half day nursery programes after the C.N.Y. However I am worried as he is not toilet trained yet. He knows how to tell but he still refused to go diaperless. Sigh... Guess I really fail badly in toilet training him.

Just to share something heartwarming with you gals. Today as i was not feeling well and resting, I told my boy to go play by himself and not only did he not protest, when he thought I was asleep, he came into the room and planted me with a kiss and use his "smelly smelly" little blanket to cover me up. I really feel very touched by his actions.

Hi Mummies!
How's everybody??

Angel,
Ryan is sooo sweet! Have u registered him for the half day nursery programme? I think not toilet trained does not matter, can let him wear pull-ups. Maybe u can check with the teacher whether they help to toilet train the kids?

Ling, Home,
Recalled that both JJ and En are starting school this Jan. How are they coping with school. Hope they can adapt to school well.

Any other tods starting school recently?

Cutecute, Home, Ann,
How are JX, En, Val & your #2? Coping well with 2 kids?

Good to see this thread moving again.

Maple,

The childcare says they will help to toilet train meaning we must do it at home too but Ryan simply refuse to go to the toilet though he knows how to tell us.

Hi Maple,
How's you & G..

Not so good for me ya..the past few months was terrible..i was down with the chicken pox and so was my little girl she was only 5mths than..haii than Val was in hosiptal cause she don't want take antibotic which need it..

Everythings is better now..hopefully yr2007 will be better
happy.gif

Hi Angel,
Val too..haven start sch..I so worried about her getting sick cause she don't like take medicine and will spit it out. Hopefully will find her sch soon a near place to us.
Have you remove Ryan diapers in the day?

A pic of the girls with their Little cousin

661619.jpg

Hi Ann
Last mth, my elder boi affected HFMD, then passed to his 9 mth old baby bro.. They are all right now.
The kids in the photo are chubby....

Back