(2004/04) April Mummy

clover,
i'm just in the early preg. 10 wks only. still a long way to go
happy.gif

Maple, thanks. En ok liao.

Ann,
i really envy u. going to give birth soon. ai yo... i still got to wait for 8 more months. now i'm already not in the mood to do anything liao. so tire. just feel like resting and sleeping whole day long.

Home,
don't envy me lah. Actually i'm worried leh..i haven prepare anything yet and Val refuse to nap this few days..Very hard for me to get her to sleep.

Mummies,
Pls share with me ur child sleeping routine.

Ann,
Does Val sleep alone? Actually I don't have much to share here cos my boy sleeps very less. He sleeps only when he's tired. Maybe give her something to do to make her tired.
Nowadays my son sleeps longer after letting off much energy in school. He's very hyperactive can never stop running around. Glad that he enjoys going school now.

Ann,

my son's sleeping routine:
nap time: 12pm-3pm
night time: 9pm-7am
total abt 12 to 13 hrs a day.
sometime he will be 1/2 an hr earlier or later.

yah, like wat clover say, got to use up their energy so dat they can sleep well..

Clover, Cutebao

Actually we bring her out almost everyday to 'waste' her energy. She sleep so late at night.. From 12pm to 9am. Nap is normally 2.30pm. only 1 1/2hr.

Only recently 4days she been like that. She use to take her milk and fall asleep.

My Cherish has given up her naptime.I dun know why she's so energetic,can stay awake even meimei and my nephew take their naps.She usually KO by 10pm.Else she'll tire herself out and takes nap at very wrong timings like 7pm and wakes up at 9pm.Faintz

I think toddler at age 2 should have 10 to 12 hrs of sleep each day including nap. Eventually as they grow older they will need lesser sleep and drop afternoon nap. As long as they are active the next day there shouldn't be any problem.
Probably Val and Cherish are beginning to adjust to their new schedule now.. they are growing up!
My son usually sleeps 10hrs or lesser including nap since many mths ago. Definitely worries me but PD said is OK as long as he's healthy. 10 to 12 hrs is just a general guideline it varies with individuals. So, Ann and Raindrops don't worry too.
In fact, Val sleeps longer hrs than my boy.. hee hee..only recently he meets the 10hrs sleep. I'm always the one so tired yet he's the one actively running around.

HI Ann,

My son usually sleeps more when he is with us compared to when he is with my mil. He normally will take at least 1 nap in the day which can vary from 1 hr to 4 hrs in the day depending on how tired he is and will sleep at night around 9 plus to 10pm till next morning 7 or 7 plus.

Raindrops,
Val is just like Cherish.. We try not giving her nap and she nap at the wrong timing. What time does Cherish sleep if she takes her nap at the wrong time? If she sleep at 10pm what time she wakes up?

I remember once she fell asleep at 7pm.I was trying to change her into PJs while she's taking her 'Milo' but woke her up instead at 11pm.She end up sleeping at 2am.Wah....tat night was very siong coz both me n hb also dozed off but she kept 'ka-qiao' us.if she sleeps at 10pm (usually her bedtime),she'll wake up the next morning aft 8.30am.

Mummies,I just realised when Cherish expressed that she wants something....she'll say :I 'yao' instead of i wan or 'wo yao'.Dunno how to correct her back.Funny leh.

Ann,

JJ dun sleep a lot too.. He normal sleeping time is 12-1am till 10-11am then during the day if he is tired he might take an hr nap at abt 4plus but normally he dun sleep n i always wonder why he got so much energy... He sleep late since he is born so i think i got no choice but just letting him sleep so late.... n sometime we are really sleepy n tired but lucky my mum is looking after him even for the bedtime if not i die liao.

Clover, maybe u hold the two side of the ice tray do help u to get the balance of the tray.

Mummies

So happy for all mummies tat are pregnant..

Ling,
actually i very fearful of this preg leh. i remember how tired i was the last one. now still got to take care of En. so now i take all my meals at either my parents or pil place. then when En sleeps i also sleep with him. when i tummy becomes bigger i also duno how liao
sad.gif

Home,

Just dun stress urself too much n tired urself.. I am sure u can take it..Ya whenever En sleep u also take this opportunity to sleep lor as although I am not pregnant but then if JJ sleep I will always try to sleep too as I love to sleep.

Nice to meet you, Aloe.. where did you go for holiday? very nice photos taken.

I am so sad today when I picked my boy home. There are scratches on both sides of his face. Some scars are quite deep. Should I just leave them alone or something to recommend to apply for the healing?
Sigh... what can I do? I understand that children tend to be playful. The teacher told me he's still happily playing with the girl who scratched on him. When the teacher told the girl's mother about it she didn't even apologize to me. That's fine, it doesn't bother me. What's bothering me is parents should have the responsibility to make sure their kids' nails are properly trimmed. Everyone should do their part to be responsible for others' safety and hygient. I bathe my child not only after school but also before I send him to school I wonder others did the same esp. nowadays so many news about HFMD.
The problem with my son is that he seems mischief but he won't hurt others. He's never seen hostile treatment before that he doesn't know when pple is bullying him and he doesn't know he has to defend himself. He will let others have his things or his turn when they snap from him or even hit on him.
I am glad that I groom my child well in and out but how to teach him to protect himself?

Today when I send my boy to school he starts to cry.. sigh. After all the hard time to make him enjoy school and now it scares him again.
Saw another child got scratched on the face also but not so serious as my child. The babysitter said she apply hazelsnow cream, does anybody got any suggestions?

Clover,
Sayang Sayang ur boy..
Remember b4 once Val was scratch by a gal on her face too at a shopping mall.

How about applying aloe vera Gel.

So angry when I fetch my son home to see another scratch. The other child also got it. The teacher said that gal already trimmed her nails today it could be my son did it himself. I told her to look at my son's nails. I cut his nails twice a week when he sleeps so that i can meticulously do the curl at the corner to make sure it's smooth. She said i must file it. I told her not possible to file a child's nail you look at his nails now which part you feel is sharp. She said is a mosquito bite which i agree but there's a stretch from the bite. Why don't she say that gal who just done the trimming is still sharp at the edge. How to explain when another child also got it and that one is older and he knows how to say is jie jie scratch one.

Home,

Try to relax urself n enjoy ur pregnancy... Dun be too stressful....

Aloe,

The pictures are very well taken n ur boy look real big too... Where did u go?

Clover,

Can u use drapolene cream? Actually this cream is very good although it is recommended for diaper rashes. I do put it on JJ's hand when it is peeling...

Ling,
thanks. i seem to be better this wk. hopefully will be alright when 1st tri is over.

aloe,
wow! japan for 1 wk!!!! i drool liao
happy.gif
how's ur boy? can adjust to the environment there? he looks so happy

Hi Mummies!

Greetings to all of you!! Sorry for MIA for so long... Hardly have time to log on..

So nice to read about all your developments...going holidays..having 2nd kid.. I would love to try for a 2nd one.. but not now though..

And Happy Belated Birthday to all children!!
happy.gif

Hi Ann
Yah loh.. The small one is naughty boi. haha..
The big one don't close to me anymore. Maybe I spend lesser time with him. sob sob. Whatever he want, he will ask my husband to do it.
You next mth due, gal or boi? hows yr feeling?

Hello ladies,

So long never post anything here.... Have been quite busy recently...

Home,

How are u coping now?? Should be no problem rite.

Ann,

U going to deliver soon?

Look like this year got a lot of my frens giving birth.. just went hospital to visit my sister in law who delivered a baby girl so nice to have a girl.

Cutecute
i'm having a gal again..should be due next month or early July. Donno if this time i should induce or carry to full term..
My feeling huh..donno leh excited but hor scare lor donno i can cope anot.. Are you back to work? Still breastfeeding?

Ling
yah i got quite a few friends and cousins giving birth this year too. One of them is having twins..

Hi Ann
If you & yr baby do not have any medicial problem, then carry to full term loh. I wish to carry to full term but both of them were induced.
I start work in Jul06. Still bf but baby suck abt 5-10mins only each time, so have to feed him formula milk.
Are you taking care of two gals alone?
Who is doing yr confinement?
U intend to use cloth or disposable diapers?

Hi Ling
An auntie downstair my block told me that this year a lot of boys.

Ling,
thanks. i'm ok now. back to my normal self again
happy.gif

went for a checkup yesterday but gynae still cannot see gender. have to wait for another mth till next appt then can know.

Ann,
so fast hor...ur turn liao
happy.gif

Cutecute
Val was oso induced as she was big for my body to carry so doc say must induce..
How many months is the small boy? My mother will be helping out as for confinement..i think i will not be having confinement..food will be cook by my mom.. The last time i also nv follow confinement rules so this time round i think no need..
Will be using cloths oso..

Home,
Aiyo so long nv hear frm you..hw many months r u now..How coping well with En..Yah lor so fast my turn liao..abit scare scare donno can cope with two anot..

Ling
my friends and cousins also mostly is gal. the twins also both gal.

Hi, All Mummies

So sorry for being MIA for so long, have been helpin out in the family business, till the day I got admitted due to contractions, ever since then, I have been staying at home...My gynae wants to induce me in 2 wks time, which is like 1 mth b4 his EDD, hence I was thinkin if I can tolerate the pain and he is fine inside, I will try to carry him as long as possible.

Reon is goin to CC soon, coz little brother comin out soon, afraid that it will be too much too handle, furthermore, she is more expressive and can talk "rather well".

Hi Ann
Since you are not having confinement food, try to drink some tonic like bu yao jing, essence, dom, just drink directly. You can also ask your mother to buy some chinese herbs tonic pre-packed to cook. Your whole family can eat also.

Hi Ann & Li May
My small boy is 37 weeks gestation.
That time I also have contractions but I did not told my gyne.

Ann,
nxt wk will be 4 mths liao. think with ur mum's help, coping with 2 shd be ok... just that now lesser or no more rest time!!!

Li May,
y din ur gynae give u medicine to stop the contraction?

Home,

My gynae gave me ventholin, valium and tramadol. startin when I take, very easily fall asleep and relax, but, rite now, I think I am immune to it. It even cause my boy to sleep, hence when the last 2 days, when there was less movement, I was so afraid.

HI All!

Been a long time. So envious of thoes of you that are expecting number 2 or 3. I wish to have more but now is not the right time. Wish all of you have a smooth pregnancy and delivery!

Hi Cutecute
Your boy very cute.Does he looks like ur elder boy when he's a baby?

Mummies
i'm going to give bith tomorrow
Donno izzit consider early leh..
It's only 36weeks
But doc say MUST as my cervix is very dilate

Actually i'm hopeing for the date 27/06/06 as Val is 27/04/04 or my DH bday but no chance liao.

Congratulation to all mummies with newborn babies!!

So nice to see newborn babies... but me not prepared to have No 2 yet.

Ann,
Wishing you a smooth delivery (hope Im not too late to wish you that). Take a good rest during your confinement and do keep us updated when you are free, k?

Cutecute,
Nice pic of you boi. Any pic of both brothers to share?

Mummies,
Any of your toddlers snore? Is there any concern for it?

Hi, All Mummies

I goin to induce 2morrow, initially wanted 23rd coz my 2 gals all 23rd, but I can't tolerate the pain plus furthermore, got pinkish discharge, my gynae nurses worried tat I am dilating.

Will update all of u when I deliver.

Li May,

Congratulations to u first... Wow 3 children....

Solid man me 1 already like want to die already u have 3. I salute to u....

Maple,

Yes. JJ do snore when he is die tired.. actually i dun really bother as I feel it is normal...

Li May and Ann,
congrats! so happy that ur kids are out liao. take good care of urself during confinement and enjoy your newborns
happy.gif

Hi All Mummies,

I have delivered my Keon on 14 June 2006, weighing 3.14kg@ 36 weeks, again, my gynae commented that if my boy keep to full term, confirm more than 4kg....

Now, for my labour story,

11am: Went to gynae, confirm to induce.

12pm: Had Lunch, initially wanted to go shop b4 admitting, but had contractions.

1pm: Reached Mt A,proceeded to delivery suite,checked dilation, already 1cm dilated, gynae burst water bag.

1.30pm: Anasetheis came along, coz requested for epidural....but never induce yet.

3pm: Induced....still having fun with hubby, taking candid shots...

5pm: Nurse checked...8cm dilated, got gynae prepared...first 3 pushes, no strength...gynae say use forceps, me scare...told gynae that I will do it on my own without the assist of forceps..3 more pushes, Baby Keon is finally out.

Was discharged yesterday, latch him on for the past few days, but rite now, havin sore nipples and slight bleeding, hence no latchin and pumpin, tryin to manual express.

HI Mummies

i've delivered Baby Verlynn on the 13June 2006 at 36weeks weighing 3.450kg

Was a fast and easy labour.

9.00+am - gynae came to break waterbag was 3cm
dilated

11.00am - contraction still not very strong so
gynae ask nurse to put me on drip.

11.45am - Contraction getting stronger and only
5cm dilated

12.40pm - The pain was very strong & feeling like
pushing but not allow as i'm not fully
dilate. Nurse keep asking me to have