(2004/04) April Mummy

I delivered my 2nd gal (36weeker) in April. I am suppose to deliver in May.

I had juz brought her for her assessment yesterday. She is 4.8kg & 54cm (@ birth is 3.13kg & 49cm). Presently, she is drinkin 90ml every 3hr. The oni nitemare tat I am havin from her is tat she is very grumpy @ nite.

hi maple & Li May

my boy was born on 24/04 (his 37week)
his birth weight is 2.5kg and on his 1st mth assessment was 3.7kg and 51cm.

his is on TBF, he drinks from 60ml to 100ml, depending on his mood ...

hi,

i delivered my son on 9/4 @ 39 weeks. His birth weight is 2.99 kg and 6th week assessment is 4.84 kg and 56 cm. Now he's drinking about 120 to 140 ml every 3 hours, except in the middle of the nighte where his feeding interval can stretch up to 4 - 5 hours.

Oops, I forgot to state my gal's DOB. She was born on 23/04/04.

I have been tryin to monitor my gal's bad habit @ nite, finally realized that it due to feeding, that is why she is so grumpy @ nite.

Hence, I will feed her as much as she wants during her nite feedin and put her to sleep on her stomach when she is tired. She can actually sleep abt 5hrs b4 her next feeding.

Here is her pic (Baby Reon):

107148.jpg

Hi to all April Mummies,

My girl was born on 18/04/04. She is the smallest among all in terms of size. Her wt was 2.7kg at birth and 3.3kg at 1st mth assessment. PD said that she was underweight.
sad.gif

I was initially giving her mainly bm, with only 1 feeding of fm at night. But PD said my bm not enough nutrients and advised me to supplement more with formula. So now I am giving her mainly fm with only 1 feeding of EBM per day. Hopefully she can catch up on her wt fast.

She drinks abt 90 ml every 3 hrly, at night the interval will be 4 - 5 hrly.

aloe, really envy that you can TBF your son. I had the intention to TBF also, but now cannot already lah.

Li May, your gal looks cute.

Was so worried abt my girl last night... got sting by a bee... face slightly swollen... rushed her to a 24hr clinic. Luckily doc said nothing serious.

Doc refered her to PD for review to assess whether need to take DTP jab early or not. Will be going later, after she wakes up.

Hi,

I'd delivered my gal,Cherish on 11/4/04 at 38 weeks.She's 3.3kg and 51cm at birth.After the 1st mth assessment,she's 4.06kg.She's now taking 120ml of FM during 3-4hrs interval.

Li May,
Reon is cute.Both sisters look alike.

aloe,I also envy you that you can TBF.How I wish I could but I don't have much to offer my gal.

Maple,don't worry ur girl will be fine.I remembered my gal kana bitten by mosquito and left 14 little red dots on her face.So poor thing.

Just to find out,is anyone bringing ur bb for jab at polyclinic?Or PD?Will you opt for 3-in-1,4-in-1 or 5-in-1?I don't like the service at Polyclinics might want to bring her to PD for
3-in-1.

hi maple, hope your gal is ok now. Take good care of her.

hi rain_drops, I brought my boy to the PD at 6 weeks for the 6 in 1 jab. We went for it as we heard that it has lesser side-effects on the child. For my boy, he didn't have any fever after the jab. I'll be bringing him for the 2nd jab when he's 3 mths old and the 3rd/final jab when he's 5 mths old.

hi pris,
can i check w u on the 6-in-1 jab.
how many jabs are there in total, is it 3?
how much does it cost?
i understd 6-in-1 is the one tat includes the hep B dose. so if choose 6-in-1, does bb still need the 1st dose of hep B jab at birth?
tks.

hi sanrio,

ok, for 6-in-1 jab, 1st dose of hep B is still given at birth. But instead of going for the 2nd dose of hep B at 2nd mth (which is normally the case), the 6-in-1 will allow you to skip the 2nd mth and the 2nd dose of hep B (together with DTP, polio etc) will be given at the 6th week. The 3rd and final dose of hep B is then given at the 5th month (in this case, also no need to go for 4th month and 6th month jab as it is normally the case).

The benefits of 6-in-1 jabs are that baby suffers fewer jabs, thus less pain for him/her
happy.gif
. Also, chances of getting fever are lower.

For my boy's pd, cost is $150 per jab (i.e. one@6wks, one@3rd mth and one@5th mth), and this cost includes pd charges too. There is no difference between the 6-in-1 jabs versus other jabs after baby reaches 6 mths old.

Hi pris,
Ur boy is only 2 days older than my girl.Heehee...Thanks for the advice.I only come across 6-in-1 in a magazine after my girl's 2nd dose of Hep B at 4 weeks.I'm very unpleased with the service at Polyclinic!The nurses didn't bother to measure her height and head circu,ference.Besides that they were rude and did not explain those immunisation to me.Guez it's a little late for her to take 6-in-1 now.May I know where's ur son's PD located at?

Thanks everyone for ur compliment on my gals.

Regarding the 6in1 jab, I be bringin Reon for the jab when she is 2mths old (actually suppose to be 1.5mthsold), is to coincide wif the 'jie jie' jab @ the same time.

The pricing for the 6in1 jab @ my family doc (GP) costs $105. Initially, I am suppose to bring my gal to her pd @ gleneagles, but I found out that he charges too much.

Are most of u working or SAHM?

Wanna tabulate our info together, so tat when we are free, perhaps we could meet up or share infos?

My email is [email protected]

oh ... 6in1 is better than 5in1 .. if i know earlier i will let my boy have this instead.
since he had his 2nd dose of hep b on his one mth old b'day, i can only go for 5in1 la

GP charging S$96 for 5in1 .. shd be quite resonable la. As my PD is charging S$500plus for all the injection.

Me working la . not so good live to be a SAHM ..
me going back to work on the 21st. kind of sian la. still worrying if i can have the time and place to express BM in office.

BTW, yr girl .. Reon is one day older then my boy, Ryan

sanrio, my baby's pd is Dr Ong Eng Keow at Singapore Baby and Child Clinic (TMC). All the best to you & have a smooth delivery!
happy.gif

hi raindrops, initially I was also advised by my colleague to go for jabs at polyclinic as it is cheaper and according to her too, the doses are "fresher" since many babies have their jabs at polyclinics and thus supplies are newer. But I still chose the 6-in-1 as it would mean that I would not need to take baby for jabs that often. Actually, I feel that $150 per jab is expensive.
sad.gif

hi limei, aloe, I'm also working but on leave at the moment. Will be back to work end July.

hi mummies,

My boy, Jaden is born on 26/04/04, full term. At birth, he weighed 3.85kg and 53cm long. On 6th week assignment, he weighs 5kg and 54.5cm long.

Just this week, my boy was down with flu and cough. His running nose was bad..very hard pain seeing him taking the medication..he will cried so loudly each time.

My boy had his Hep B second jab on the 5th week. Thereafter will take the 5-in-1 jab on the 3rd & 4th month before taking the 6-in-1 jab on the 5th month. Charges at $75 for 5-in-1 and $100 for the 6-in-1.

Aloe, I envy you.. I wanted to be on TBF for my boy, which i did so for the first 10 days..but my supply not enough to meet his demand..so I supplement. But then, had high fever, my supply dropped tremendously. So, now 70% fm, 30% bm.

Li May, I am working. You SAHM? Will start work on the same day as Aloe.. Yes, we could arrange to meet up one day.
happy.gif

Hi Mummies,

Sorry to intrude but there are some postings here on vaccinations and I was wondering if any of you can help. My son is due for his 2nd 5in1 but I'm not sure when he shd go for it. He will turn 4MO on 14 June but he had his first 5in1 on 25 May. So shd I bring him for his jap one month after his first 5in1 or once he turns 4MO ?

Hi Bluebell,

Should bring him for his jap one month after his first 5in1. You can call up and double check with the clinic that gave the injection.

Cheers

Hi bluebell

Where did you have the first 5in1 jab? The PD or polyclinic didnt tell you when to go back? I went to the polyclinic and the nurse told me that the next jab cannot be less than 1 mth later (ie must be 1mth or more than 1mth later). And normally she will book the next date for me. Think you better check with them.

Hi Rain_drops, pris,
My gal is alright now. Thanks for your concerns. PD said no need to take DTP jab now, can wait till 3 mths.

Pris, joy_apr,
my gal has taken the 2nd dose Hep B jab at 1st mth already, can she still go for the 6-in-1 jab? (maybe 5-in-1 at 3rd & 4th mth and 6-in-1 at 5th mth?)

Rain_drops, I've heard complaints abt the service at polyclinics too. They don seems to be bothered abt the bb, just jab and get the job done with. So, likely that I'll bring her to PD or GP.

Li May, I am working, but now still on leave, would be back to work early July. Yes, would be happy to meet up with you. Are u a SAHM?

Joy_apr, hope your boy has recovered from his flu and cough. I understand how you feel, I also very heart pain when my gal was sting by the bee.

Hi Bluebell,
Should take the 2nd 5-in-1 jab 1 mth after the 1st. Best that you call the clinic up to check.

Dunno wht wrong with my baby boy this 2 days. he is vy fussy and is spitting up milk after breastfeeding.

Joy_Apr, now i started to feed him one supplement before he sleep, as we really hope that he can sleep a while longer. as i wake up almost every 1 to 1.5 hours to feed him. haha .. TBF is not fun .. so tired. and my hubby won't be able to help unless i feed EBM.

I am trying to increase his milk intake as sometime he will just suck for 10 mins and he will stop .. but PD always said as long as he is gaining weight no need to bother on how much he drink.

wow pris, u are taking no pay leave ??

Hi,
For all mummies whose baby has taken the 2nd dose of Hep B,I've found out another alternative.I've checked with a GP at Bedok and this is what she suggested.Baby may take 5-in-1 in 3rd mth n 4th mth,6-in-1 in 6th mth then finally 5-in-1 booster while baby is 18mths old.She charges $79 each for 5-in-1 and $120 for 6-in-1.In that case,baby only have to take 6 jabs altogether.

Li May,I've just returned to work this week.Still need some time to get used to without my Cherish.I always rush off immediately after work.

aloe,I can understand how you feel.Who will be taking care of Ryan?I don't know about you but the only place I can think of at my office is the toilet.Heehee...So unhygienic rite?

Wow,Joy_Apr your baby's big.Normal delivery?Must be hard on you.Is Jaden better now?How do you find out he's down with flu?

helpless mom,I think the 2nd jab should be taken a mth later.Best to check with ur Doc.

Maple,what's ur gal's name?Juz kaypo-ing.

Pris,you're on unpaid leave?Can't bear to leave your boy right?I started to miss my girl the moment I left house for work.

Maybe all of us can meet up,hopefully with our babies.Then we can have a 'Who cry the loudest' baby contest.Heehee...

Rain_drops,
My gal is Gwyneth.

Do u mean that u will be expressing bm in the toilet? I think that it is rather unhygienic unless your office toilet is very clean. Are there any vacant meeting room that u could use?

Maple,
What a unique name.Oh,I already stop BF at the 2nd week,coz supply very low.I would rather be caught dead than to be found expressing in the toilet.Heehee...The medela mini electric is so noisy,like cutting grass.

Hi April Mummies

My boy, 1st child, was born on 8Apr04 (38 weeks), 2.65kg, height 48cm, quite a small baby. He is drinking formula milk abt 90ml, abt every 3 hrs.

Rain_drops,
I intend to stop bf too, maybe next week after she turns 2 mths. Most mothers stop b'cos of low ss, but me different. I've got the quantity but no quality (PD said my bm not enough nutrients).

cutecute,
Welcome to the thread. Your son is indeed small, abt same size as my gal at birth. Is he gaining weight well? What's his weight now or at 1st mth?

Hi cutecute,
I'm sure ur boy will strive as the time goes.My colleague's baby girl is only 2.5kg at birth,but her weight increase to 3.8kg by 1st mth.Don't worry.

Maple,what a waste.I want also don't have yet you want to stop.BF is good for baby you know.I don't understand why ur doc said that and make you feel discouraged.Actually you can eat 'good quality' food to increase the quality.You should eat more white fish like cod.Why don't u click the link above to find out more.I often visit this babycenter.com website for info.

Hi cutecute,

my baby is only 2.5 kg he was delivered on his 37 wk, dun worry la as my boy now 7wks and his weight now is abt 4.3 kg.

as long as she drinks, she will grow ..

hi aloe, raindrops, ya, i'm on 1 mth no pay leave for July. I need to clear my annual leave first before i can take no pay leave. So now using up my annual leave (balance of last yr leave + this yr prorated leave) first.

hi cutecute, welcome! your boy is born almost at the same time as mine.
happy.gif
What's his weight now. Are you working too?

I did total tbf for the 1st month and from 2nd mth onwards, partial breastfeeding and formula. Donno why my son doesn't like to suckle like he used to before and he would cry very loudly after suckling for a few minutes. Doesn't help either that my milk squirts onto his face when he stops suckling...he gets even more angry
sad.gif
So I expressed out and fed him from bottle instead.

Maple, why did the pd say your milk has not enough nutrients?

Hi aloe & pris

My baby weight abt 4kg on 4th week. Now dun know how heavy cos no weight machine at home.
Looks likes he grown as I noticed he is getting taller and heavier. Baby looks changed every time.
I'm not working and currently loooking 4 a job. When pregnt I worked as a temp as nobody want employed a pregnt lady 4 perm job.

Hi, can anyone advise me how 2 make baby like 2 drink water? My baby dislike water and his urine always yellow. Try 2 force him 2 drink but he end up getting choked and angry. He knows is water and his mouth play with the teat w/o swallow the water. Many thanks.

Hi all,

My son Nathan was born on 1 April 2004, weighing 3.14kg. He was 6.57kg last week. On tbm.

Maple, not sure if this helps, but I take supplements (cod liver oil capsules and calcium). Hoping that this will pass on to my boy in bm....

cutecute, my boy also hated to drink water. Will fake cough, shake head. Anything to get out of it. I just continued to 'shove' bottle into his mouth. Now at least, he tolerates it.

aloe, pris,

Firstly, my gal was underweight at 1sr mth assessment. She only gained 600g from 2.7kg to 3.3kg. She was mainly on bm for the 1st mth.

Secondly, my bm was whiteish in colour. PD said it is not rich enough, bm which are rich should be creamy in colour.

After I supplement more with formula, she seems to be gaining weight well. As of last week, she weighs 4kg (7th wk). PD said her weight is okay now and she should gain another kilo in 1 mth's time.

Now I don noe whether I should stop or not. I wanted to give my gal the best milk but seems like I cannot.

BTW mummies, any idea whether there are antibodies in frozen EBM? Or will the antibodies be lost once the EBM are frozen?

hi sanrio,

Ya, haven't been active in the threads..so busy. Whenever I log on, even before I could read some of the threads..my boy will start crying or awaken from his nap.. I also used whatever free time I have to express.

Last Mon, my boy came down with flu and cough. Was pretty bad cos' he kept sneezing.. Heartpain..but thank God he is recovering..just that there's mukus stuck inside his nostril. I have to suck it out for him. Initially find it 'yucks', unhygience but can't bear to see him suffering, so just do it.

Will be starting work soon... can't bear to be separated for such long hours..

Maple,

Don't stop BF. Eat more fish and vegetables, drink more water. BM is still the best for babies and provides antibodies to fight disease. My supply dropped tremedously when I fell ill during confinement, so I can't go TBF for my boy..and he fell sick. My PD said bb on formula is more prone to fell sick. So, hang on to your BF if you can.

Yes, frozen EBM still contains antibodies..but you can only freezed EBM for 1-2 months (if I remember correctly).

My boy also went for the 2nd Hep B jab at his first month. Same, will go for the 6-in-1 jab at the 5th month.

Rain_drops.
Yap, my boy is big. Gave birth through C-section. My cervic not dilating and pelvix too small.. in the end have to go for emergency c-section. He was sneezing and coughing, and his nose red red..so brought him to see PD.

Aloe,
Ya, TBF is no fun..but rewarding. Hang on!
happy.gif

hi Pris,

same here, my son cry vy vy vy loud after suckling for a few minutes. now got to spend more time to express out and fed him from bottle. Still wondering why ... ????

Welcome QHL.Looks like Nathan is thriving on BM.Has he taken the DPT & polio jab?

Cutecute,My Cherish used to like drinking water.She can treat 120ml water as a feed.I was so 'proud' of her but soon she clever alady,can tell water from milk.I also force feed loh.I'll feed her water then she cry,I let her cry a short while then give her water again.Now only manage to make her drink 20ml.

My friend taught me a trick.That is to mix glucose or gripewater in water.I don't think it's a good idea to intro sweet stuff so soon.

Maple,
Don't be dishearted,ok.Gwyneth is doing fine.

Where's Li May?

Anyone encounter problem bathing ur baby?My Cherish rather be a dirty fellow than to take a shower.She doesn't like to shower.She will cry the moment I unbutton a stud right up till she's clean and wrapped in a towel.I tried to look into books for solutions but they always show happy babies taking shower.Sigh.Any advice?Thks in advance.

hi joy_apr,
gd to hear fr u n tat u perservere in bf. can understd as a 1st tx n new mummy, it's not easy to cope. soon i'll hav no tx to come to the thread so often too.
hope ur boy will fully recover fr flu vy soon. my frd told me these 2 pdts quite useful for blocked nose n dried muscus. 1 is the 'nostril.....', i tink it looks like a vy mini pump to clear blocked nose? i not too sure. the other is a mini soft plastic 'tweezer' fr pigeon. it has no sharp edges, round-tip n vy useful for removing visible dried muscus tat is stucked in bb nose n causing much discomfort.
u take care
happy.gif

Rain_drops, joy_apr,
Thanks for all your support and encourgement re bf. I tink I'll delay my decision to stop bf. But dun noe how long I can hang on b'cos I've noticed that my ss is dropping nowadays. *Sigh* Really regret not pumping consistently and regularly for the past few weeks.

QHL, thanks for your suggestion. Where u get your cod liver oil capsules? Guardian? or NTUC Unity? How much they cost?

cutecute, QHL, Rain_drops, my gal also dun like to drink water, always play with the teat... can only manage to drink abt 15 - 20 ml per session. Guess will have to feed her with water more frequently.

Rain_drops, in terms of bathing, my gal is different from your Cherish. She enjoys bathing a lot.

Hi all!
My son was born on the 23th Apr(37th wk) thru c-section as the cord was ard the neck. He was quite small. Weighing only 2.87kg but during his 1st mth assesment he was 4.9kg. Now he drinks about 150-180ml every 3 hr. He also dun like to drink water will cry or "push' it away whenever we try to feed him water before it is time for milk.
I will be bring him for his 5-1 jab next mth in a polyclinic. The nurses at the polyclinic was quite frdly n helpful.
Btw, I'm a stay home mom.

hi Angel13 and others,

wow yr boy can really drink . btw, is he on BM or Formula ?? i am trying vy hard to increase his milk intake...

last night abt 2+am, while i am feeding my boy, think my milk flow too fast and he got choked and he vomitted out all he drank.. so heart pain to see him vomit...

aloe, did you bf your boy while sitting? My friend once told me if the milk flow is too fast, can try bf by lying down and then putting baby on top of the breast, this way baby less likely to get choke.

hi angel, qhl. Angel, your baby really drinks quite a lot. Mine only can drink max 140-150 ml each time.

raindrops,maple, my boy loves bathing. He always looks forward to it every morning.
happy.gif
Raindrops, could it be your gal doesn't like to be exposed - maybe can try to wrap her up in a towel first before putting her into the tub and then quickly wrap her in towel again immediately after bathing?

Btw ladies, how many times do you bath your babies every day? For me, I bath him every morning and then evening time, only use wet towel to clean him again. I was thinking whether I can also bath him in the evening - would it be cold then?

hi Maple,
I think any brand should be fine. I got mine from John Little when they had offer on vitamins. BTW, sometimes my bm also very whitish/translucent in colour, sometimes creamy. I thought our bodies will naturally produce nutritious feeds? it's not as if we not eating proper meals?? Quite curious how come your pd will say such things :p

My pd told me that most babies don't double their birthweight until 3rd or 4th month.

hi Raindrops,

Give your girl sometime - she probably shy about taking off all her clothes? (hee hee)

I have heard of babies who cry like they are about to be slaughtered during bath times, but they come around to liking bathtimes eventually.

hi pris, my son can only max do 125ml. And he very 'hong sim', drink 60mL already the eyes start wondering and the sucking start to slow down.....next time eat solid I also dunno how.

hi all
my bb also born in april on the 7th. She was 2.89kg when born and is now 5kg. I stopped BF a month ago and she is now on 150ml of formula.

pris - my bb also bath once in the morning then at night b4 she sleep use wet towel to 'ma sheng'. It will be advisable to bath her b4 6pm if you wana give her two baths a day.

hi angel
i also planning to bring my bb to polyclinic to take her jabs too, but I heard must book appointment one isit?

hi maple
my gal loves to bath too. She will giggle and make lots of sound. Think when she older wana bring her swimming liao.

hi qhl, your son drinks max 125ml ah but he has quite a good weight now leh..so i think you don have to worry much about his drinking
happy.gif
My boy too, now when I feed him, he will keep on shifting positions, turning his head here and there and cannot settle down properly to drink until after a while.

Ya maple, I agree with qhl. Wonder why your pd says that. I don't bother about the colour of my bm all along. But when I read your posting, I went to scrutinise and notice that my milk also doesn't seem creamy leh. It's like what qhl describe - there's the milk colour i.e. white and it's translucent but doesn't appear to be that creamy to me.

hi mel, I thought of bathing my boy a 2nd time cos the weather's so hot these days and he keeps on sweating. The back of his hair and clothes are so wet when I pick him up after he wakes up from sleep. His pillow is totally soaked with his sweat every morning and pillow case got to be changed every day!

Hi Aloe,
My son was on bf for 1 wk n due to very bad crack nipples, blocked duct n engorgement got to take med to stop milk prdt so now on formula. Miss bfing him.
Cld he have fallen zz while feeding tats why he vomitted/choked? My son sometimes cough out milk while drinking too as he have the bad habit of sleeping 1/2 way while drinking. Even when I was bfing him he oso did tat.

Pris,
I bath him once in the day and wipe his body at night.

Mel,
I just brought my son to the Bt Merah polyclinic when he was 1 mth old to take the hep B 2nd shot. !st shot was with the pd. The next shot ( 5 in 1) the nurse only gave me a date and asked me to bring him in in the morning.

Back