1st Time...

Hey..we brought bb to the zoo once..it was fun..but super hot..she was perspiring like siao..haha..

Mummies..be watchful of ur kids hor..I read tat the 'hand / foot / mouth' thingy is back..dun let them touch things outside & put their hands into the mouth (@ least tis is wat my bb does all the time)..

graybecky
yap i saw the news said there's a rise of hand foot n mouth for this month. even my colleague (adult) had it n was hospitalise 2 wks ago.

hmm...i prefer to 'suffer' now then bring my boy to places like zoo and all when he is older. Then he can really enjoy...now he can't really appreciate that much plus need to nap lah, need to eat lah...aiya..then v hard to find good timing....

HFMD
i'm very kiasu one. Everywhere i go i carry like one truck load of wet wipes and hand sanitizers. Before Josh sits on any high chair in any restaurant, i'll dab the sanitizer on the wet wipe and wipe like mad...even in front of wait staff who give me weird looks... i dun care lor...i also will wipe the table for them...then will keep wiping Josh's hands, much to his displeasure... hahahaha

yes yes adults can get HFMD. I kena before. 2 days before my very first uni exam!! but luckily was not serious and recovered in time to go for exams..

Nellu,
u're not the only kiasu one..me also use wet wipes to clean the bb high chair..even wipe the table cos my girl likes to 'tap' the table when sitting on the high chair..my theory is 'better safe than sorrie'..

ya, graybecky, better to be safe and ah soh-like than be sorry...If i can, i'll be spraying disinfectant all the time...hahahaha

sgn,
what a start for your leave! do take care. the weather is really bad...

shauna,
have you been going out??keke..i've been going out alot the past few days because i have the car! Today is the last day though...
sad.gif

yes yes we've started looking for a helper...No plans to go back to work yet, at least not full time. Likely to try working from home on ad hoc basis first. If we get a good maid, then i can think abt trying part time. My ex boss is keen to have me back on board...can't wait in fact...hmm...should have asked him to help me look for childcare and housekeeping options then i'll consider...hahahahaha

sgn,
forgot to say this. I got your mail with the pics...KY look so big boy!!
happy.gif

Josh is still so botak...recently like got taller a bit...clothes cannot wear...

nellu
Josh also a big boy mah, the last time i saw him sleeping in the stroller din notice he was botak.
i learned my lesson as i bought ky for photo shoot to early now is the best time as they can express themselves better.

Shauna
ya my leave end this wk hopefully can find a replacement if not got to continue my leave.

sgn,
yes. Take photos earlier in the day better. but recently Josh has learned to recognise the camera and our phones. He knows that when we are pointing at him, he'll stop and pose!!! hahahah..that's how i got that shot!
happy.gif

nellu
ya i think we took to much fish during preggi time...
now the kids very clever.
ky now can say ball ball, pa pa, bao bao (carry) n when u ask him 19 he will look at the wall with the floor 19 at our lift lobby.

sgn,
i'm impressed! Josh can't really say much words yet, though he does understand what we are saying to him....and will disobey with a BIG cheeky smile!!

A lot of things Josh learn by just quietly sitting there looking or observing. He probably knows how a lot of things but just don't want to do or say the words...he does catch me by surprise sometimes...

I agree with SGN..kids nowadays seems to be smarter & smarter..last time I 'gong gong' one leh..maybe now got books..got some since young listen music & so on..

sgn- u must be really proud of KY!

nellu- its fantastic news to hear ur boss is understanding. i'm sure they wouldnt bear to lose a good employee.. best of both worlds for u to continue to work(and regain some sanity) n watch over josh n maid at the same time...
yeah ive been out, its way too hot to stay at home. *sian

thinking of opening up my place today for playdate. if all of u can log in in time to c this!!. if u gals interested, the timing is 2-4.30pm at west side..

nellu/ shauna
my mil always said must talk to bb. so everytime take lift i will tell bb 19th floor n point to him. as for bao bao i think he learn as we communicate bah.
if he sees grandma wear nice nice he knows she going out he will want grandma to carry n refuse to let me carry unless i also go to the lift lobby then he let me carry.

can't join u for today got to go meet up the bb sitter (replacement) n i'm still not well still having running nose n headache.

Wao!! Come back look at our thread, took me a well to read. I was down with food poison and on 2 days MC, must be the food on tuesday night not FRESH the dish we brought for dinner, actually throw away that dish when we realized its not fresh, but I still gana from that. Sigh throw up like shit and visit the toilet when I reach office. When to the doctor, he instantly decide to give me a jab to stop my throwing up.
Sgn,
guess you can't join us for zoo tmr right? Hope it will not rain in the early part of the morning. If not can't go also. Yeah now kids very clever, Nichole also will go and open my MIL wardore wanting her to change cloth so she can go out with her hehe... smart and chicky... When she see us taking out bag she knows we are going out and would want to stick to us. Think must be too bore staying at home.
Nellu,
your boy so cute he got big ears from the photo I see. Some say to apply some olive oil after shower will help their hair to grow better and darker hair color. Give Josh some time, he will surprise you in no time by learning lots of thing which you didn't even realize. Yeah did you received what I have reply you, the survey thinggy?

Jasmine
ya can't join u ler, i was suffering from breathless n headache this afternoon. my aunt said i was too stressed n tired looking after my son.
now i understand it's not easy to be a SAHM esp when the mummy is sick she need lots of support metally n physically.

Jasmine
how was ur zoo trip? i bought KY for tui na and after that we went Terminal 3 for lunch.

Sgn,
KY not well too oh sigh... Must be hard on you and you are sick too. It was fun with the zoo trip. Nichole loves it so much we went at 10.30am, when we reach there Nichole was attracted to the cow model at the enterance don't want to come down after taking photos keke...We left the place about 4.30pm finish all the animal shows and also bring Nichole to the children fun park, she enjoy sitting on the baby swing, brought a baby rhino soft toy for Nichole and she loves it. Guess what my MIL lost her whole wallet with all her cards inside IC lah EZlink & ATM with $50 inside at the public toilet, she go and hang her bag behind the toilet door and forgot to take when she left. Have to send her to the police post to make report. And inform the bank to freeze her card.

jasmine
aiyo what a unforgetable event for both adult n the child.
i think i'm more sick then ky bah. coughing n nose block very bad.

jasmine- nicole can really last outside! i think i will the 1st to collapse from the heat, but i'm gonna brave it soon (i hope!) haha. good to hear u had a really good time. did she enjoy the animal shows?

sgn- hope u have some help. when it comes down to jst the couple alone, we never get any rest even when baby or mommy is unwell. esp when sidney will not let me outta sight..

Sgn,
Yeah lor actually we stil got place haven't gone, but coz of the wallet lost case have to set off. Sigh...
Shauna,
Nichole did enjoy so much, can tell from her expressions haha... But she don't want to sit in her pram prefered to hold our hands and walk, only put her down when she fell asleep well we taking our lunch at the cafe there. Nichole enjoy most of it I can say, we went to the children funland she loves to sit in the swing & the slide which is mean for below 2yrs old child when we swing & help to slide her down she smiles and laugh all the way. She went into the soft toy store and grap most of the soft toys she can hand on keke, she she really take all my pocket will be broke man. 1 12" Rhino cost $32, actually brought that in the end. My hubby says may go again next year hehe he say only, have to wait till he have school hoilday than can go on weekday. Its better not too crowded. Luckily we went on Friday, not too hot actually.

Shauna
ya i really salute to SAHM, my 10 days of SHAM ends today and tomrrow going to bring KY to another bb sitter's place hope he can get use to her.

the last time someone was looking for bb sitter, i was thinking of recommd her.

jasmine- whoaa... sounds like she had a ball of a time. i have really gotta wait till sidney can walk, so he can tot ard like nichole. she quite smart ah.. can pick toys already. eh, i tell u, if i have to go n squeeze with the crowd on the weekends, i wun go there too. did she ask to c all the animals? sidney is wild abt animals (n i hear many tots are!)

sgn- u found a babysitter? thats fast.. but good lah, use ur leave n take a good rest..i cant even leave sidney in anyone's care.he starts wailing the minute i leave him. ask u something, does ky have a security object? this is directed to jasmine as well. just checking..

hello everyone,
sounds like you gals all had a good weekend.

Jasmine,
sorry to hear abt your MiL's wallet loss..o/w it would have been more fun.

Sgn,
good that you found a bbsitter for KY. Hopefully he'll get used to her...

As for me, bad time...Hb came back with some weird virus...had been making runs to the toilet like 1000 times....and i think it is not good, cos Josh also started to have some light diarrhea..me..i accidentally injured my back while trying to put Josh into the car seat yday...sigh...such a bad time...

Sgn,
Thats good at least you can take a good rest with the help of baby sitter.
Shauna,
Zoo
Nichole loves all the soft toy in store but just don't know how to give up any from her hands keke... True bringing toddler to zoo have to avoid weekends, that day we went to the zoo, got lots of school like kinder garden & primary school childrens there. Nichole ah, infact she so amazed by all the animals she see.
Security object?
You mean a object which Nichole needs it when she want to sleep or go elsewhere with it? She got 1 bunny which we brought from IKEA is a must for her when she start crying we will give it to her to act as a security to her and she will be calm after that. The other 2 is her Piglet from Pooh's family and the last is her Rhino which I just brought for her 3 days back. So funny this morning at 4plus she woke up and look for her Rhino, she ask for it, she will say Ra_no Ra_no pointing at the table for her Rhino to be given to her. Actually Nichole knows how to walk but just don't want to walk by not holding on to our hands. Last night she walk around the house by holding on to something in her hands, guess that must be balancing her from walking, I just don't know why she kept refusing to walk by hershelf when in fact she knows how to. Sigh...

Nellu,
Oh no, sounds like your hubby having stomach flu. Its easily pass to Josh any you leh. Last week I gana food poison and heard my 2 colleagues also having stomach flu. Hurting your back? Did you go to see doctor if its serious for your back? Hope all the bad goes away soon for your family.
Today Im on leave now Nichole falls asleep in my arm well my maid changing her bedsheet. My hubby bringing his mum to go replace her IC. But later we intend to go CK tangs. I got some vouchers which need to be use by this month, so making use of my leave to go do some shopping.

shauna/ jasmine
well she's a very nice lady but today bought KY to her place n she bath him the 1st thing n he cried so badly. after the bath he saw me n want me to carry so heartache, after pad him to sleep i came back. he got to learn to adapt to the new enviroment.

nellu
looks like ur hb got traveller's diarrhoea. will take 1-2 wks to get well. see any Dr?

nellu
try take panadol for ur backache cos it's most safe for BF mums.

Jasmine
looks like u got the shopping mood huh. let me know is Tangs still having sales. wanted to get Avent #3 teats for but was out of stock.

sgn,
i stop BF completely liao. Can't pump plus Josh dun want to latch on...

ya, hb's gone to see dr for 2nd time this morning. did a blood test as well. but i dunno the results.

Sgn,
Hehe, never bring Nichole to town before and since my hubby school holiday and I took leave so ask him to bring us to town. Tangs still have the 20% for baby stuff but don't know till when. I brought the pigeon bottle brush since gt 20% I brought 2 pieces. Coz the metal at the center will rash after using for sometimes.
Nellu,
So you completely stop BF. Can stop at once meh. It took me quite sometime to stop. I stop when Nichole is around 11mths. Now still got a bit when I have my shower. I heard even if you stop BF direct or pumping, you will still need to message for the 1st 2 months to prevent future milk block. My sis experience that, when she have her 2nd child she have bad milk duct. The consultant told her its becoz she didn't message her breast after stopping BF for her 1st child, don't know how true is it lor coz my sis 1st kid already turn 3yrs old when she gave birth to her 2nd child.

jasmine,
i din stop at once lah... my supply started to drop since late dec...had problems pumping also...body not responding to pump aft hols for 2wks. aft that go back to work v busy can only pump x2..since then already supplement with FM..just gradually added fm feeds cos josh refuse to latch on...at first it was onlt during the day. later all the feeds he also dun want..so no choice lor..

jasmine
is it then i got to check my brush lor.

nellu
ky wean himself of latching too. My Dr friend says ok if they wean themselve off. better for me if not got to spend time to express milk during work. now i express 2 times a day 12hrly less hatic for me.

jasmine- dun rush her. in no time, u will be wishing they are not running as fast..sidney doesnt have a security object leh. i'm abit concerned coz by next year we will be puttin him in cc. i was thinking it might help if he had one to tide him thru the long hours in cc without mommy. i think even a min away frmo me is too long.ha.

nellu- i used to pump when sidney was really young. sometimes i duno how i did it. it was SO painful loh... feeding like 10-12 times a day adn still gota pump on top of tat. but life gets better all the time, now my pump is nicely tucked in some silly corner in the store.

sgn- takes awhile bah.. hope he adjusts quickly..

updates:
horrid! hdb doing lift upgrading at my place. the noise is UNBEARABLE. sidney is singing alongside with the pounding. we have put up with 15 min of the nonsense and have since escaped to my mom's.

Shauna,
Nichole only have her bunny as a security object since she is 9mths. I guess for boys their security object might be be soft toy. Does he treat his pillow or bolster as security object do observe. Coz my niece when she is young her security object is her little small pillow and not soft toy.

Expressing milk
I envy you guys for latching your child till that long. Nichole only latch on till she is 3mths and start to refuse to latch, I was a bit disappointed at that time. So when I started working I express my milk 3 times during day time at work and once before bed time and once in the middle of the night, thats 5 times in 24hrs.

Jasmine,
actually you are more enviable, at least to me. cos your supply of BM is a lot, despite only pumping to feed Nichole. I latch and pump but still my supply is low...somemore Josh is a big eater...

Yday took Josh to see PD for his diarrhhoea and saw a few mummies bfdg in the clinic. Felt a tinge of sadness...

nellu,

u still have stock for your pigeon breast pads? sent you a pm recently but din heard from you ;-(

thanks!

hey poppy,
sorry i didn't see your msg. Will check and reply you...

now may have prob leh...got no car how to go anywhere leh??

jasmine- sidney doesnt really have one leh. maybe just his bolster when we put him in his cot. but with or without it, life goes on and he gets on well. so i cant count that as a security object..

shauna,
you can try introducing one to sidney. Josh doesn't have one too but i've been trying to introduce one. Recently got him a nice cuddly teddy bear and he seems to love it really a lot! Everytime i give it to him, he'll hug the bear and smile..sometimes squeal in delight. I also noticed that he patted the bear sometimes...this morning, i saw him putting the bear sitting nicely in the corner of his cot and pat it..like how we would pat him....

I sure hope he'll grow attached to it...more than he'll be attached to me....

hi mummies
how are u all doing? i'm busy with ky as need to bring him to the new nanny everyday b4 work n now i express in the office so no channce to come in here.
ky had been crying for the 1st 2 days when he was with the new nanny. but yesterday the 3rd day he was ok allow the nanny to pad him to sleep.

nellu
i also give my winne the pooh bear to ky. now when i ask him where's winne? he will look for the bear. but i think his favourite still his bloster ha ha got his saliva ha ha ha....

Shauna,
guess you have to be like nellu introduce 1 to sidney. Just bring him to the toy store see which is his favourite. Now my girl got 3 of her friend, bunny her 1st choice piglet 2nd and 3rd is Phino. Her cot is filled with her friends when she fall asleep.

Back