IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Hi to all...

I'm just new in this group and really looking for a little help to ease my pain.

Been TTC for more than 2 years now, I'm with Dr.THH since last year and he was a friendly doctor to work with.

Done our first IVF last june but BFN :'( i cried for almost 2 weeks after hearing the bad news.

We have 3 frozen left and was schedule for FET yesterday but to our horror not even 1 from the 3 frozen embryo was usable!!!!

Not even one!!!

I was heartbroken and I dont know what to do but cry :(

Ivf is never a guarantee. It's ok to cry but be strong and move on be it doing a new fresh cycle or seeking other option in life.

Thanks for encouraging words. Im just really heart broken, hoping this time would be a good news and end up like this.
Me and DH not just emotionally stress but financially stress as well, we are foreigners ang trying our luck here in Singapore after all Singapore is one of the most success ivf in Asia.
Cheer up, I know it's not easy but I'm certain you'll come out strong again... Hugz...

Ivf is never a guarantee. It's ok to cry but be strong and move on be it doing a new fresh cycle or seeking other option in life.

Hi RealBaby,

Now only I know that ivf was not a one time treatment. I have a high hopes at the start as I was told by some friends that my chances are high because im young.

Then again, the age was never an assurance after 1 failed cycle, 1 cancelled FET.

Hihi,

Should we continue our supplements during 2ww or should stop? I'm taking blackmores conceive well, iron, zinc and vit C.

Also for raspberry tea, do we still take during 2ww?

hi anyone have dr tan hh's clinic direct number? thought of asking if im still in time to arrange for endo scratch.. tia!!

Hi ladies, i'm a subsidized patient previously with KKH Clinic D then now with kkivf now, did my so-iui last wed. Dun feel very positive as hub's post washed sperm is very low. Does anyone knows how can i switch to private patient and request for Dr Tan HH? I hate the feeling of seeing different doc on every visit.

Actually if u are w kkh ivf centre, unfortunately you hv no choice but meet only the duty doctors during scans. You can request THH but he can only attend consultations, and procedures itself. Just call Kkh directly and they can arrange.

Last edited:
Hi ladies, anyone of you got cancelled FET and have they charge you for thawing even there is no ET?

Pardon my ignorance just wanna know since it's my first FET.

TIA

Actually if u are w kkh ivf centre, unfortunately you hv no choice but meet only the duty doctors during scans. You can request THH but he can only attend consultations, and procedures itself. Just call Kkh directly and they can arrange.

Thanks! I have sent an email to kkivf to request to change to private patient under Dr Tan HH if i fail my iui this round. Sick of waiting & seeing different docs for consultation as subsidized patient. I wait for 2-3h per visit, normally i will reach kkivf at 8.15am, 9am for my u/s, waited till10am or later to see doc.

Thanks! I have sent an email to kkivf to request to change to private patient under Dr Tan HH if i fail my iui this round. Sick of waiting & seeing different docs for consultation as subsidized patient. I wait for 2-3h per visit, normally i will reach kkivf at 8.15am, 9am for my u/s, waited till10am or later to see doc.
Actually even as private patient i think no change in this waiting and will see different docs in kkh. I was a pte patient too w kkh but it's a govt hospital.
Previously i was with Thomson fertility centre for iui and had same doc to see me but the waiting time was actually longer than kkh!
Actually ttc is indeed a waiting game, every visit to doctors, even tcm take hours. We can only be patient.

Actually even as private patient i think no change in this waiting and will see different docs in kkh. I was a pte patient too w kkh but it's a govt hospital.
Previously i was with Thomson fertility centre for iui and had same doc to see me but the waiting time was actually longer than kkh!
Actually ttc is indeed a waiting game, every visit to doctors, even tcm take hours. We can only be patient.

My friend was under Dr Matthew for ivf previously and got preg. She told me that during u/s and review of follicles were done by duty doc but every once a week they will meet Dr Matthew for review. She told me her appt for u/s is 9am, by 9.15am she will have her u/s, by 9.30am she will meet e duty doc for review of follicles. Everything done less than an hr. I did my so-iui, every u/s and seeing duty doc took me at least 2h! I'm finding a better doc and minimize waiting time. My case was handled by Dr Tan Tse Yuen but i had never met her before.

hi melody2512, dr tan tse yuen is a lady with long hair. u shld hv seen her for the 1st time when u were at clinic d. that's why u are under her.
regardless with dr tan tse yuen or dr tan hh, gotta wait.
was lucky for me while under subsidy saw her twice and got to see her within few min of reaching.
as for dr tan HH, if he has ER in morn, u will end up waiting too. i was scheduled 1st patient but cause he had ER i also had to wait for an hour plus..
probably just to share, when i was seeing a gynae for review at TMC, the wait was worse. it's at least 2.5 to 3 hours wait.

hi melody2512, dr tan tse yuen is a lady with long hair. u shld hv seen her for the 1st time when u were at clinic d. that's why u are under her.
regardless with dr tan tse yuen or dr tan hh, gotta wait.
was lucky for me while under subsidy saw her twice and got to see her within few min of reaching.
as for dr tan HH, if he has ER in morn, u will end up waiting too. i was scheduled 1st patient but cause he had ER i also had to wait for an hour plus..
probably just to share, when i was seeing a gynae for review at TMC, the wait was worse. it's at least 2.5 to 3 hours wait.

Hi Krissyl, the first dr i met at Clinic D was a petite pregnant lady. 2nd time to review was a young lady too. If i'm not wrong, she is just a duty dr. I'll switch to Dr Tan HH if my this round of iui fail. Fingers cross! Hopefully is a positive!

Just wondering would you ladies go ahead for 2nd iui or go straight to IVF? I have a friend who told me just go straight to IVF. My hub's SA was 20+million concentration, 60+% motility, 1% morphology and as for me, everything is fine. Been to a few doctors and even dr at kkh says is fine. But when we did our first so-iui, post wash was only 1.96m. Was kinda upset though i know it only takes 1! My friend who advised me to go straight for ivf, his post wash sperm is <1.5million and his wife is not ovulating. They are preg for 4mth with their first ivf, failed 1 iui & 1 so-iui. He asked me dun waste money go for so-iui again.

Just wondering would you ladies go ahead for 2nd iui or go straight to IVF? I have a friend who told me just go straight to IVF. My hub's SA was 20+million concentration, 60+% motility, 1% morphology and as for me, everything is fine. Been to a few doctors and even dr at kkh says is fine. But when we did our first so-iui, post wash was only 1.96m. Was kinda upset though i know it only takes 1! My friend who advised me to go straight for ivf, his post wash sperm is <1.5million and his wife is not ovulating. They are preg for 4mth with their first ivf, failed 1 iui & 1 so-iui. He asked me dun waste money go for so-iui again.

Hi Melody, i guess it really depends on your own circumstances. Some may take into considerations of age, how many trys already, etc. iui is still considered partially natural compared to ivf. Also, ivf chances is super high for boys. :)

I just failed my first fresh using gonal F. Doing 2nd fresh in Dec. THH changed from Gonal to Menopur and puregon.
Hope u have lotsa good grade embbies!
Ic, remember to whack egg whites too to get the desired protein your eggs need!
I hope so too :)

I think head straight to IVF...IVF is like the full course, whereas IUI is like appetizer....well, the chances are higher I guess?

Hi anyone of u know the difference between gonal F and purgeon?
When i did my so-iui dr thh prescribe me with purgeon but for my first fresh ivf this time im prescribe gonal f.

Hi Camilla, no problem. I also had a planned frozen ET in past July but cancelled due to no survive. Jia you in your fresh cycle. Take care.

Do they explain to you why embryos did not survive thawing? Are they 3d embryo?

Kinda hard to prep for another fresh cycle...thinking our frozen embies are 3 and none survive :(

Kinda hard to prep for another fresh cycle...thinking our frozen embies are 3 and none survive :(
Hi Camilla008, sorry to hear this. i dont have ans to your queries, but hope u can stay positive and start the cycle again. Can i ask if you were at KKH ytd morning?

Somehow..i guess just head to the next fresh cycle soon cos based on experience, the longer you wait, you are at a more disadvantaged due to age. No matter whether you are 30, 35 or 40, time is always working against you. This is my thought.

Hi Camilla008, sorry to hear this. i dont have ans to your queries, but hope u can stay positive and start the cycle again. Can i ask if you were at KKH ytd morning?

No worries...no ans or have still lucky lots of ladies here in the forum including you willing to take their time to reply. No my appointment with dr.THH would be tmr morning.

No explainations given and I was too upset from the news to ask them.

Yes. Mine was 3d embryo too.
Its common that that embies cant survive from the thawing process, so its beyond our control yah.

Looking forward to start fresh cycle end Nov. Jia you!

No explainations given and I was too upset from the news to ask them.

Yes. Mine was 3d embryo too.
Its common that that embies cant survive from the thawing process, so its beyond our control yah.

Looking forward to start fresh cycle end Nov. Jia you!

Yah i know but sometimes i cannot control myself to feel sad :(

Anyway all the best on your fresh cycle :) keep us updated!

Somehow..i guess just head to the next fresh cycle soon cos based on experience, the longer you wait, you are at a more disadvantaged due to age. No matter whether you are 30, 35 or 40, time is always working against you. This is my thought.

Yes you are so right. Luckily hubby is doing everything he can for us to be financially able to do another cycle this December. Hopefully we can get BFP this time...hoping, praying and wishing!

hi ladies! im will be starting my 2nd fresh cycle this nov, supposedly to start in Sep but it got delayed due to work. I quit job, currently serving notice so cant wait to start in Nov!

just wanna ask, at what point we need to pay cash aside from the insurance on the ET day? do we need to pay cash for the scannings and the medications? I bumped into our handsome dr Tan ystrday, 1st thing I ask him whether if he is going overseas..lol..he will be overseas fron 10nov-12nov the deepavali week.

oh btw gud luck to any ladies that r currently on 2ww!

hi ladies! im will be starting my 2nd fresh cycle this nov, supposedly to start in Sep but it got delayed due to work. I quit job, currently serving notice so cant wait to start in Nov!

just wanna ask, at what point we need to pay cash aside from the insurance on the ET day? do we need to pay cash for the scannings and the medications? I bumped into our handsome dr Tan ystrday, 1st thing I ask him whether if he is going overseas..lol..he will be overseas fron 10nov-12nov the deepavali week.

All the best! My blood test for iui is on 19oct with kkivf but i have a strong feeling my menses is coming. I have booked Dr Tan HH for 1st consultation. Dun wanna waste money to continue so-iui since hub's post wash is very low.

pre ivf consultations, blood tests, & pre ivf check ups are not covered by grants or medisave.

All the best! My blood test for iui is on 19oct with kkivf but i have a strong feeling my menses is coming. I have booked Dr Tan HH for 1st consultation. Dun wanna waste money to continue so-iui since hub's post wash is very low.

hi, dun give up until u see the red! gud luck, babe!

hi, yup.i aware of that..thks..what abt the scannings and the medications for the jab?
For all the scans and medication for stimulation phase, you don't need to pay any cash upfront. They will bill you later on after the entire process and usually most of the cost will be covered by the govt grant and Medisave. As for insurance, you will need to pay by cheque after the embryo transfer. How much u need to pay depends on how many eggs are transferred back to you.

All the best for your coming cycle! =)

Want to say hi to all..

First time to join this forum. I was @ KKH this morning as Today my 1st scan for my 3rd days menses. I given medicine and tomorrow i will start my 1st Jab..

Hope ur can share with me more details....

and hope everything is fine for me too.. Thank u :)

Is DR Tan good with high risk pregnancy?

Hi, yup he is. I conceived my girl from my 2nd FET in Dec 2012 and gave birth in 2013 and Dr Tan was also my gynae and i was consider under high risk because of the gestational diabetes and preeclampsia. He handled my case quite well, he didnt push for a c-sect even though most gynaes wud probably insisted for a c-sect given i was carrying a big baby. He respected my decision to give a natural birth a try, but of cuz in the final hour, i was so tired (no more strength to push a 3.96kg bby) and opted for c-section and he didnt even gave me the look like "i told u so".

Back