IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Hi dramaqueenie
Thanks for replying.. why you din get to rest and relax? hope u are feeling better :D all the best to u too!!!

Becos I was told to have acupuncture 3 times after my ET. No car so gotta travel to AMK from Sengkang and back. Was tiring for me. Then by day 6, night time, I started spotting brown so wondering if I shd have spent my time resting properly then to go for acupuncture?! Just saying

Just wanted to share, Dr THH came to the ward to see me even though he was so busy with OT and clinic hrs.
I'm glad he came. He's very nice and encouraging even though I felt quite defeated alr. Kept telling me to be positive. Anything is possible.
It was very reassuring indeed even though I know he said this to make me feel better. He even ordered the progesterone oil jab for me on top of all my inserts and oral support alr.
Ladies under him, you are in good hands!

Just wanted to share, Dr THH came to the ward to see me even though he was so busy with OT and clinic hrs.
I'm glad he came. He's very nice and encouraging even though I felt quite defeated alr. Kept telling me to be positive. Anything is possible.
It was very reassuring indeed even though I know he said this to make me feel better. He even ordered the progesterone oil jab for me on top of all my inserts and oral support alr.
Ladies under him, you are in good hands!
@dramaqueenie indeed he is an encouraging gynae. He asked me not to be disappointed on my ET day when only one out of six embryos make it to blastocyst. Thumbs up for him. Stay positive and rest well.

Hi hi all

My ET suppose to be tomorrow... Today morning 10.30am received a call from Kkh. The nurse say ask me to come down for ET today,ask me what time can I go. So I rush down reach there 12pm...

Last one to do ET for the day. Dr Tan did it for me today. Did a natural FET , thaw 6 D2. Result of embryo - 2 good blastocyst to do ET. The other 4 still monitoring... 1 confirm cannot make it the other 3 monitoring...

So officially I am in 2WW now. My BT is on 2nd Oct ! Wish be luck!

Any sisters did endo scratch with Dr THH? Care to share the costs etc? Is this considered a day surgery? Can pay thru medisave?
TIA

Any sisters did endo scratch with Dr THH? Care to share the costs etc? Is this considered a day surgery? Can pay thru medisave?
TIA

hi @dramaqueenie, I just did with Dr THH 2 weeks ago in prep for my coming FET. It's about $120 including consultation. It's not a day surgery. It's a 3-5 mins procedure, like a pap smear. Just that the scraping is done at the uterus. Very fast and done at Clinic D itself where we normally see him. I paid cash, so not sure if can be paid via medisave. HTHs!

hi @dramaqueenie, I just did with Dr THH 2 weeks ago in prep for my coming FET. It's about $120 including consultation. It's not a day surgery. It's a 3-5 mins procedure, like a pap smear. Just that the scraping is done at the uterus. Very fast and done at Clinic D itself where we normally see him. I paid cash, so not sure if can be paid via medisave. HTHs!

Thanks dear!
That's pretty affordable, heard costs ard $500 at private hospitals.
But are you seeing him as a private or is this under subsidised rate? Cos his normal consultation charges alr $120+
Is this done just the month prior to ur FET?
All the best to your upcoming cycle!

Last edited:
Thanks dear!
That's pretty affordable, heard costs ard $500 at private hospitals.
But are you seeing him as a private or is this under subsidised rate? Cos his normal consultation charges alr $120+
Is this done just the month prior to ur FET?
All the best to your upcoming cycle!

No worries. I'm seeing him as private. I remember my bill stated his consultation as $90. Let me go back and check on my bill again. But definitely less than $150. Yes, this is done 1 month prior to ET. The nurse will calculate the exact date for you to head down for scratch once you call in on CD1 of your af. Thanks for your well-wishes dear! Hope that everything turn out fine for you eventually. Silently rooting for you! ;)

Ermm...i paid abt $200 including consultation..i think cannot use medisave..

Tks @jas249 for correcting!! Just checked and u're right! It's almost 200! I prolly got mixed up with the tcm cost! My bad. @dramaqueenie , for avoidance of doubt, I took a screenshot of the actual amount. Sorry for the wrong info earlier! :p
IMG_20150922_1.png

@joellejo all the best to u....many sisters have sprinkled loads if baby dust on u. Am waiting for yr baby dusts :). Gal can I check with u did they thaw your day 2 to blast before transfer? Means which cd was the transfer ar? Am also going for natural fet and gonna induce menses so have to calculate v carefully so asking opinions and advise pls
Thanks.

Thank you @joellejo.. This sure helps.

I actually went for my 1st vaginal scan today. Cant remember the digits at all (my mind was thinking of my son at home! Lol) but the doc i saw after the scan said it was looking all good and fine.
So i was given 2 ovulation test kits to test later this morning & the day after (if -ve previously) and to come again for another scan on Fri if both tests failed.
Ive never actually tested my ovulation but always predicting by e cramps i got.

For a usual 30 days cycle, can the opk actually pick up my ovulation already? Later in e day should be my CD9. Am having backaches & slight cramps tho.

Another qn is the thawing of embryos to day 5. I have five frozen ones, of day 2.
Back in 2012, inserted 2 embbies of day 2 and only 1 stayed thruout.
Is there a need for the embryos to reach day 5? And if so, why the need?

Sorry babes, its only 3 yrs since but i seriously cant recall much that I need some tutorials for this again. Thank you!!

Hi hi ain_wayne

Me too did my first fresh cycle with Dr Tan in Jul 2013 and give birth to in mar 2014.

FET still depend on whether u going medicated or natural. Me this round going for Natural FET. When scanning from last week.

Mense come call up and told me to come on the D10 of the cycle to scanning to see whether ovulating or not. And given the ovulation tester to test.

D10 7/9 4.8mm lining egg 9.5 and 14 blur
D13 10/9 7.3mm lining egg 15.5mm
D15 12/9 8mm lining egg 16.5mm
D17 14/9 9.1mm triple ... Egg dissolve

13/9 tested positive so ovulating soon told the doc on 14/9 after scanning. Got arrange for ET this coming sat. Thaw 6 to try see whether any of them can become blastocyst for transfer.

Oh ya on the last scan 14/9 given medicine... Wed start insert 3 times a day till ET. Was told not to fast after 11.30pm fri to ET. No food but water ok.

Cost of FET is about $2700. Subsidy is about 1.2k and the rest can use medisave to pay...

Hope this info helps you....

@joellejo all the best to u....many sisters have sprinkled loads if baby dust on u. Am waiting for yr baby dusts :). Gal can I check with u did they thaw your day 2 to blast before transfer? Means which cd was the transfer ar? Am also going for natural fet and gonna induce menses so have to calculate v carefully so asking opinions and advise pls
Thanks.

Hi Hi Mesara

Me also under Natural FET...but I wait for it ovulate. They thaw the 6 D2 embryo on wed for my case....Ovulation kit on sun say going to ovulate soon....so Monday I went for my scan....then the doc say the ET will be sat... I ask why not transfer on wed? As thaw D2 embryo.....she say to me when you are going to ovulating soon...they follows the dates...for example Monday consider D0 then wed is D2 so on wed then they will take out the embryo to thaw...so when they are D5 blast our womb is at D5 too....that what she answer me...hahhahaha. hope I answer your qns.

Dr Tan ask me to thaw to try to see can become blast.....oh ya then on wed to fri on standby for ET too.... just in case the embryos are not growing well outside...then they want to put in early into our womb.. Like me I receive call on Friday morning to go down for ET instead of Sat. When I was there on Friday I ask embryologist why not sat...she say they found 2 good blast they dun want to wait already....they worry it will become worse if we wait until sat...

Hope can sprinkle you with baby dust!!! Today me is 6dp5dt.

Thank you @joellejo.. This sure helps.

I actually went for my 1st vaginal scan today. Cant remember the digits at all (my mind was thinking of my son at home! Lol) but the doc i saw after the scan said it was looking all good and fine.
So i was given 2 ovulation test kits to test later this morning & the day after (if -ve previously) and to come again for another scan on Fri if both tests failed.
Ive never actually tested my ovulation but always predicting by e cramps i got.

For a usual 30 days cycle, can the opk actually pick up my ovulation already? Later in e day should be my CD9. Am having backaches & slight cramps tho.

Another qn is the thawing of embryos to day 5. I have five frozen ones, of day 2.
Back in 2012, inserted 2 embbies of day 2 and only 1 stayed thruout.
Is there a need for the embryos to reach day 5? And if so, why the need?

Sorry babes, its only 3 yrs since but i seriously cant recall much that I need some tutorials for this again. Thank you!!

Hi ain_wayne

Need to on standby one the few days before ET....as they might not survive to d5 and become a blast.....that our bad news...

Not really need to become d5 blast...just at Dr say high chance..... so if they are not growing well outside...they will ask us to come back early to ET....Just tat ET day will try to be around cycle date as our mense cycle...for example my one Sun opk positive...so Monday consider D0 then ET is arrange on sat.(consider D5)...then Wed D2 so they take out the D2 embryo to thaw....so if can wait until sat it will be a D5 blast and my womb be D5 too same stage...

So standby from wed to fri the nurse say as ET might be earlier as depends on the survival rate of the Embryo.....so me kanna call back on Friday to ET as they found 2 good one to ET they dun want to wait until sat....worries it will get worst...

Hi Hi Mesara

Me also under Natural FET...but I wait for it ovulate. They thaw the 6 D2 embryo on wed for my case....Ovulation kit on sun say going to ovulate soon....so Monday I went for my scan....then the doc say the ET will be sat... I ask why not transfer on wed? As thaw D2 embryo.....she say to me when you are going to ovulating soon...they follows the dates...for example Monday consider D0 then wed is D2 so on wed then they will take out the embryo to thaw...so when they are D5 blast our womb is at D5 too....that what she answer me...hahhahaha. hope I answer your qns.

Dr Tan ask me to thaw to try to see can become blast.....oh ya then on wed to fri on standby for ET too.... just in case the embryos are not growing well outside...then they want to put in early into our womb.. Like me I receive call on Friday morning to go down for ET instead of Sat. When I was there on Friday I ask embryologist why not sat...she say they found 2 good blast they dun want to wait already....they worry it will become worse if we wait until sat...

Hope can sprinkle you with baby dust!!! Today me is 6dp5dt.

Erm... Do they look at grading and quantity of embryos to decide if culture until blasts?? I only have 3 frozen.

Thats great news!! I cant wait to reunite wif ny babies too!

I tested -ve for this morning opk. Gonna try again tomrw morning.
Quite anxious actually thinking of all this.. Told my hubby i felt like a virgin. Lol.

Was thinking about my 5 frozen embies & wondering if they will survive e thawing process. But totally leaving all this to God cos He knows best. :)

Anyway @joellejo so u had 2 in you now?
Happy 2wwait and stay healthy!

Hi ain_wayne

Need to on standby one the few days before ET....as they might not survive to d5 and become a blast.....that our bad news...

Not really need to become d5 blast...just at Dr say high chance..... so if they are not growing well outside...they will ask us to come back early to ET....Just tat ET day will try to be around cycle date as our mense cycle...for example my one Sun opk positive...so Monday consider D0 then ET is arrange on sat.(consider D5)...then Wed D2 so they take out the D2 embryo to thaw....so if can wait until sat it will be a D5 blast and my womb be D5 too same stage...

So standby from wed to fri the nurse say as ET might be earlier as depends on the survival rate of the Embryo.....so me kanna call back on Friday to ET as they found 2 good one to ET they dun want to wait until sat....worries it will get worst...

Erm... Do they look at grading and quantity of embryos to decide if culture until blasts?? I only have 3 frozen.

Hi Dramaqueenie

Yes...they look at quantity and quality.....if more then they will say culture to blasts...if lesser usually no....as they scare cannot survive to become blast....

Thats great news!! I cant wait to reunite wif ny babies too!

I tested -ve for this morning opk. Gonna try again tomrw morning.
Quite anxious actually thinking of all this.. Told my hubby i felt like a virgin. Lol.

Was thinking about my 5 frozen embies & wondering if they will survive e thawing process. But totally leaving all this to God cos He knows best. :)

Anyway @joellejo so u had 2 in you now?
Happy 2wwait and stay healthy!

Ain_wayne

Yup me now have 2 blast in me...hope for the best....always difficult to pass the 2ww without keep thinking about it.....

Towkay Neo

I dun feel anything leh.........stress.......btw i rememeber your nick when i try my first fresh....how are you? dunno you remember my nick bo....you have a baby too ? hope i rememebr correctly.
Doing very good...yes, sort of remember but not too sure. now that you have ascertained, i am very sure now :p Yup, baby boy delivered on Mar 2014...what about you?

Doing very good...yes, sort of remember but not too sure. now that you have ascertained, i am very sure now :p Yup, baby boy delivered on Mar 2014...what about you?

Same! Me have a boy 18 mar 2015 . Same month as u.... He arrive from my fresh cycle

Thanks dear. Still pretty overwhelmed by it all. I'm going to be 40 next Feb and understood that fertility as well as egg quantity / quality declined dramatically after 35.

I was on supplements to address my eggs issues since last Oct. However I didn't keep to taking them religiously and was sick with some ailments every month. So the bulk of it were like take few days but stopped few weeks kind. Was also seeing Dr Zou for acupuncture (not taking TCM herbs) on and off (not regularly too). Theoretically, we are encouraged to take these supplements at least 90 days prior to stim.

When I started stim, I started to take some supplements daily (last min hugged Buddha's legs). Took 2 packs of immunocal initially with 3 eggs white daily. When my readings shown slow growth etc, I started to take 3 packs of immunocal with 4 eggs white daily. Also took royal jelly with bee pollen in pure honey, bee propolis and ubiquinol besides folic acid during my stim. Also drank red raspberry leaf tea until ovum pick-up. During stim, I resume acupuncture with Dr Zou (on stim day 4, 7, 10, trigger day, day after ovum pick-up, will go 3 more times after ET). Actually I thought it's the acupuncture that turned things ard. My first 2 scans were quite depressing actually and my left ovary didn't respond to the stim at all for the first 3 scans! My follicles started to respond better. Maybe it's the increase in Gonal-F from 375 to 450 too. Was given Saizen throughout my stim too. My left ovary started to come to life and produced some more follicles out of the blue!
After ovum pick-up, I only continue with folic acid and ubiquinol.
Sharing with other sisters.

Hi dramaqueenie
What's the reason for consuming red raspberry tea leaf? And how often do you drink it?

Hi ladies. ..

I am worrying myself silly and would like to ask did anyone have spotting (brownish /pinkish) discharge & mild cramping (on n off) during 1st trimester n carry the pregnancy till the end?

I understand nutting much can be done except to go kkh O&G which I have done that...Dr give support jab and more utrogesran insert only as is still too early to scan for anything....did not even test for HCG to see if any changes. ..

Internet some say is normal (old blood) some say is ectopic preggy..a lot of here say there say...

Hi tsum tsum u r in how many wk? My last pregnancy via IVF. I got spotting ard 11wks scared me too. Then another espiode at 3rd trimster too. My 1st trimster I have to jab the support like almost very 2-3days once until I got bruise. Cramp could be the embryo rooting deeper. My 1st tri is old blood. My 3rd tri is low placenta

Hi ladies. ..

I am worrying myself silly and would like to ask did anyone have spotting (brownish /pinkish) discharge & mild cramping (on n off) during 1st trimester n carry the pregnancy till the end?

I understand nutting much can be done except to go kkh O&G which I have done that...Dr give support jab and more utrogesran insert only as is still too early to scan for anything....did not even test for HCG to see if any changes. ..

Internet some say is normal (old blood) some say is ectopic preggy..a lot of here say there say...
Me! I had spotting and was bleeding in 1st trimester. Cramping on and off too. I was hospitalised for 4D3N at KKH. I gave birth to my girl at 38 weeks 3 days. She's now 10 months old. :)

Hi tsum tsum u r in how many wk? My last pregnancy via IVF. I got spotting ard 11wks scared me too. Then another espiode at 3rd trimster too. My 1st trimster I have to jab the support like almost very 2-3days once until I got bruise. Cramp could be the embryo rooting deeper. My 1st tri is old blood. My 3rd tri is low placenta

Hi piglet....

I am only 3ww...d spotting is from ystr nite n on n off till now...

When to kkh O&G this morning...as mention only support jab n more insert...I m really helpless n can only pray....Every other mins I m checking my panty liner to see if spotting change color/ lessen...experience mild cramp too....

I basically like gg thro old forum n read other ppl post on discharge and cramp which make me only more depress and stress....

Should I go and ask for a hcg blood test to see any changes ? And can I check d support jab is how many jab per wk?

Thanks in advance for your reply

Hi piglet....

When to kkh O&G this morning...as mention only support jab n more insert...I m really helpless n can only pray....Every other mins I m checking my panty liner to see if spotting change color/ lessen...experience mild cramp too....

I basically like gg thro old forum n read other ppl post on discharge and cramp which make me only more depress and stress....

Should I go and ask for a hcg blood test to see any changes ? And can I check d support jab is how many jab per wk?

For now the Dr has give u the jab. Bed rest use a pillow to lift up your legs. When I was admitted to ward. Dr Tan also ask my bed rest lift up my legs. He even adjust the ward bed to raise my legs n tuck a pillow at my thig there. Do your insert of the support pills at the same time daily. Jia you

Hi piglet....

I had spotting just the day before my HCG blood test after 2WW. My HCG blood test showed pregnant, which was 247.9. According to KKH standards, only above 250, then don't need to do a 2nd blood test to double confirm. 3 days later, I went back to KKH to take a 2nd blood test and it was 1080. So confirmed pregnant, but I was still spotting and I had inserted pill daily since the 1st blood test.

I went to KKH O&G. Doctor only said continue with the insertion of pills. He did not give me any support jab. My spotting became heavier as the days passed. So I went to TMC on a Saturday evening. A gynaecologist recommended by Dr Zou, came to see me at TMC and gave me support jab. Spotting got better over the weekends. But on Monday night, spotting got heavier again and accompanied with abdominal pain. Went to KKH O&G at 5 am on Tuesday. Admitted on the same day for observation. Suspected ectopic pregnancy. Scanned and couldn't see the sac. Worried, cried. Took my HCG and it dropped from 1080 to 800+. Not a good sign. Worried, cried again. Bleeding during my stay in KKH. Prayed to God daily and asked for His blessings. Took my HCG again and it rose from 800+ to 1500+. Good sign. God heard my prayers! Bleeding stopped completely when I was discharged.

Dr Tan said see him one week later. Scanned, saw the sac but no heartbeat. Worried, cried again. Prayed to God. Dr Tan said maybe too early and said see him 5 days later. Scanned and saw the flickering heartbeat!!! God heard my prayers again!

After that, still worry until the day, my girl was born and held in my arms.

IVF journey is really not for the faint hearted people. But it's the life inside our womb that keeps us braving through all challenges and obstacles!

I had spotting just the day before my HCG blood test after 2WW. My HCG blood test showed pregnant, which was 247.9. According to KKH standards, only above 250, then don't need to do a 2nd blood test to double confirm. 3 days later, I went back to KKH to take a 2nd blood test and it was 1080. So confirmed pregnant, but I was still spotting and I had inserted pill daily since the 1st blood test.

I went to KKH O&G. Doctor only said continue with the insertion of pills. He did not give me any support jab. My spotting became heavier as the days passed. So I went to TMC on a Saturday evening. A gynaecologist recommended by Dr Zou, came to see me at TMC and gave me support jab. Spotting got better over the weekends. But on Monday night, spotting got heavier again and accompanied with abdominal pain. Went to KKH O&G at 5 am on Tuesday. Admitted on the same day for observation. Suspected ectopic pregnancy. Scanned and couldn't see the sac. Worried, cried. Took my HCG and it dropped from 1080 to 800+. Not a good sign. Worried, cried again. Bleeding during my stay in KKH. Prayed to God daily and asked for His blessings. Took my HCG again and it rose from 800+ to 1500+. Good sign. God heard my prayers! Bleeding stopped completely when I was discharged.

Dr Tan said see him one week later. Scanned, saw the sac but no heartbeat. Worried, cried again. Prayed to God. Dr Tan said maybe too early and said see him 5 days later. Scanned and saw the flickering heartbeat!!! God heard my prayers again!

After that, still worry until the day, my girl was born and held in my arms.

IVF journey is really not for the faint hearted people. But it's the life inside our womb that keeps us braving through all challenges and obstacles!
after listening to your story, miracles do happen! you are the only case i heard hcg dropped and rose again. Incredible! Well I'm terrified of the hcg numbers and have been avoiding it since bfp 2 weeks ago. Watching the numbers grow too slowly or dropped in my last month chemical pregnancy was like watching the stock market, almost a mental breakdown. Hence, I am delaying it as much as I could.
I feel some twitches and little sore feeling at my tummy. is this normal? Can't help but worry if my little beanie is doing well.

after listening to your story, miracles do happen! you are the only case i heard hcg dropped and rose again. Incredible! Well I'm terrified of the hcg numbers and have been avoiding it since bfp 2 weeks ago. Watching the numbers grow too slowly or dropped in my last month chemical pregnancy was like watching the stock market, almost a mental breakdown. Hence, I am delaying it as much as I could.
I feel some twitches and little sore feeling at my tummy. is this normal? Can't help but worry if my little beanie is doing well.
I guess if you have no spotting/bleeding and no abdominal pain, I think everything should be fine?

Sometimes things are not within our control. People like us who go through IVF to conceive, can only pray to God (the God you believe in) and ask for His blessings. Science can only help us this much (IVF) but God will do the art part of this journey. If God is not willing, the pregnancy will not last too. That's what I believe lah.

Hi ladies. ..

Me! I am in my 6 weeks now. Have been spotting everyday since Wednesday. Had to go to A&E on Thursday. Doc did a scan and can saw the flickering heartbeat. Said everything is fine. Don't worry. I have the best support for now the rest is up to God. Doc given me a jab and still, up to know I do spot. Light pinkish. I have to go and have my jab weekly basis. I admit I too am worried. Can only wait till Monday for my next gynae meet up and ask further and see the progress of my lil beanie. As faithfullyyours said, we can do to this much. The rest is on God. So don't stop saying your prayers for his blessings.

Hi piglet....

Hi hi..
I had spotting throughout my 1st Tri.
Had weekly progesterone jab @ Kkh too
Other than taking duphaston thrice a day

Once even experienced bleeding! Scare me till no end. After that subsided

Now in 2nd Tri, no spotting (touchwood and Thank God)

Hope the above will make u relax abit..

Btw ladies, do we hv to wait long to consult Dr THH as gynae if we conceived not by ivf? I hv my ivf history with him so hope to continue with him.

Hi hi..
I had spotting throughout my 1st Tri.
Had weekly progesterone jab @ Kkh too
Other than taking duphaston thrice a day

Once even experienced bleeding! Scare me till no end. After that subsided

Now in 2nd Tri, no spotting (touchwood and Thank God)

Hope the above will make u relax abit..
Faith did they tell you the cause of it? I'm too, like you. Had to bedrest.

Hi hi ladies...

Thank u all for d postive replied.....

Ystr till this morning can't get a proper rest (nightmare all night long rdg bleeding) therefore I decided to go down kkh O&G again.

This time round is a guy Dr who attend to me...He is quite str forward but detail guy who insist I do a virginal scan although I told him Ystr lady doc said maybe too early to see anything ....He also did a hcg test...

Managed to see a gestational sac age 5ww (can't see yolk or fetal pole yet )...& hcg raising as expected...

Dr cannot explain y d spotting but he say may b due to urine infection (which he detected during urine test)...so prescribe antibiotics. ..

I count my blessing & thank God...I should have more faith & trust in God....

Now is all about the waiting game...*sigh** & quoting some members here...One can never stop worry till one hold the baby in arms...

Hi hi ladies...

Sorry as mention just came back from kkh O&G this noon....

After that which I poo n hv sticky white discharge ( not sure is it from d progesterone insert or gel they use when perform viginal scan)....

Shortly I hv heavier spotting ( brownish pink) ...should I go back to kkh O&G and request to administration for observations???

Or should I wait to see if it get heavier (like bleeding )before I return to kkh O&G??

That should be from the progesterone insert. Your spotting comes with cramp? If it doesn't I guess you just wait and monitor first. Heavier spotting as in?

Back