IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

towkayneo

hello! anybody doing IVF with KKH, under Dr Tan and got a BFP? All are welcome to share experiences / ideas!

hi, i bfp under Dr Tan
happy.gif

Hi Girl Girl, yes, I saw your postings over the other thread which I am in also : )

Is that your 1st fresh cycle?

Me failed my 1st fresh, going for FET soon. Any tips? Hehehe

hehe...

yes, this is my first fresh cycle...

for me i still can remember that i was quite kancheong lar.... initially failed the first scans, but subsequently passed it...

during 2ww, i asked my mum to come over and company me and helped me to cook meals...basically was eating fish, meat, veggie with soups.... and of course was resting more and sleeping...

wa, congrats! i wish i was like you too!
why initially fail the 1st scans..? lining & cyst issues?
hmmm..so envious!!!

summer, initially i failed the first scans as 1) suppression was not good enuff, and 2) the stimulation resulted in the eggs not in good size. But after that i passed and they whisked me off to ER and ET. I was under sleeping mode for both so i dunnoe anything until i wake up...hehe...

aiya, for my 1st scan, they found a small cyst so under THH instructions, the nurse told me to wait for the next month to see if the cyst goes away. On that month, the small cyst was still there but luckily THH said can proceed. the process went ok, but still bfn - my bt reading was only 1.2, then he said it's due to implantation issues lor..

what was your bt reading? : )

summer> hmm i can only remember my HCG reading was very high....4-figure number... so nurse say might be twinnies...

but scan have shown is a single baby...hehe ;)

mrsyl> i see i see..Dr Tan is very nice man. Dun worry too much. most impt is to relax and eat well, sleep well....

think about it as going for routine O&G checkup... KKH doctors are nice. last time we are considering either IUI or IVF, but in the end embark on IVF...

Having a positive mind is good. Most impt is to rest well after the procedure and dun bother about work or other things...

mrsyl> i went straight to IVF... after i did all the tests etc lo...

i have been TTC for about 2 years. Married for 3yrs since late 2009
happy.gif

Hi ladies..

I'm new to the thread .. I have made an appt to see Dr Tan HH to embark on my 2nd IVF journey.. As I did my last one abt 5 years ago.. I kind of lost touch with the procedure and costs. LoL.. May I just find out from u gals what are the subsidies given by govt for fresh cycle? Is it $3k? And the average wait nowadays to do IVF at KKH?

hopes, hello to you
happy.gif

so your case is long protocol? As in no frozen embryos?

the subsidy as of now is still $3K for fresh cycle. Average waiting time is around 3 months.

I still can remember my last consultation was around Apr, and they put me on July/Aug cycle.

Hi girl!

Yes yes.. Mine would be the long protocol as all my frozen embryos are used up
happy.gif
okie.. So hopefully he can put me under the Mar/Apr cycle
happy.gif

The thought of going thru all the jabs again sent chills down my spine..

hopes, i see... Mar/apr cycle sounds quite OK.. dun worry too much.

true the injections was scary... my hubby jabbed it for me daily coz he is medic trained. If not i wun dare to jab/poke myself lor...

Girl^Girl: I also married in 2009! TTC for 2 years also! Hahaha, so coincident and our doc is THH! : )

Mrssyl: why didn't you choose IVF but IUI?

i agree the jabs are very horrible and sometimes the ultrascan too - the lady with the rebonded hair is quite rough : (

I chose THH because I saw that he's a patient and friendly man after much research from the internet and his hit-rate is quite high too : )

Heard that Sadhana is not bad, just that she's very direct and no nonsense.

summer> haha
happy.gif
happy.gif
ya the jabs are horrible. Scans i tink still ok lar. But sometimes they need to check on the follicles or wat...sighz....

Dr tan is a fren of my current gynae at KKH. Heard that they are course mates back in NUS lar....

Dr Sadhana - so far i only see her walk ard fast in OT doing procedure. Hehe never talk to her before...

Girl^Girl: I remember that rebonded hair lady pressed my ovaries so hard when she was checking the follicles. I was rolling my eyes over and over. I didn't dare to tell her to speed up lest she chop chop count..haiz

mrsyl: ic ic..your hubby also did the SA test? that's the charm of THH - he would dish out his advice so gently and beautifully such that you will automatically agree with him : )

Hi Summer, I did IVF with Dr Tan HH. BFP on short protocol first time. Followed up w him throughout pregnancy at The Private Suite. Busy man but answers all your questions, - doesn't brush them aside though he has many patients to see. Tells you things the way they are, risks etc, no sugar coating. Professional and experienced, and most importantly he listens and doesn't say no/ must do things only one way.

mrsyl> dun stress too much. Stress not good hor.

ya sometimes the scans can be a bit uncomfortable but i guess have to tahan a while...but at least she is patient to me lar...

mofmm: ya, i know of certain gynaes that only expect u to follow them. it's a one-sided thingy..do u think it's advisable to get extra support like jabs on top of vaginal inserts during 2ww?

summer> the jabs i dunnoe lar. For me only the 3x daily inserts lor. A bit er xin, but i guess have to tahan...the inserts really make me sleepy but i guess this is really to make us rest well and dun stress ourselves.

I spent my 2ww aka HL at home, mum came by to help me, chit chat with me, and cook food. Hubby cooked dinner during weekends like ABC soup and rice for me and just make sure i got enuff sleep.

Hi,

i have been under Tan HH since 2010. very nice doctor and very patience with me. i did my first ivf in 2010 and failed due to my egg quality. he also help me to monitor my fybroid problems. been asking me to go to another ivf cycle but been thinking and thinking. i do not want to embark to another journey when my mental is not ready yet. been having to go through rough patch in my marriage for the last 4 years. and that resulted me poor egg quality that first ivf cycle. so this time if i intend to do, i must make sure im free from any stress. been ttc for 5 years now. no problem from both side but maybe too stress from work and family. thot of quiting work this year and try to do ivf as my company is not ivf friendly. already promise dr tan as he get worried im turning 35 next year. now not sure already as my hubby is jobless now and looking for job. how to quit my work now if he jobless? if i do ivf and still working here, im not sure if they allow me to take long leave. coz the last time, i submit my hospitalization leave, tehy dont want to accept because its ivf. so tehy cut my pay. how eh?

Hi Summer, not too sure about getting extra support like jabs during 2ww. I opted to do Pregnyl jabs thrice during the 2ww instead of inserts. I ended up with OHSS 10 days after ET. Was hospitalized for 11 days and had an abdominal drain inserted to drain 9kg of fluid collected in my abdominal cavity. Could not have pain killers as I was told I MAY be pregnant. When admitted, HCG was 60+, and was told this may be a false positive due to Pregnyl...
So honestly not too sure whether getting extra support if not ordered by the doctor is the best thing. Can only share my experience.

Lubna, just go for it when you feel ready. Time is not our side.
I regretted not doing IVF earlier. Money can always earn back if u got savings and manageable IVF is last resort we have when failed to get pregnant after few years trying.

Just my two cents.

mofmm: hmmm, i understand. thanks for sharing! i tot kiasu can opt for extra support cos many sistas say KKH provide basic support..

lubna & rexxie: yes, i agree, just go for it 1st and see how later on..but must have hubby's support cos he's part of the plan.

summer & rexxie: yup. hopefully my hubby get a job before i start to do ivf. now quite stress up with him being jobless now.

Hmm, y not you so call register with kkh for the ivf now cos the waiting time to see HH can be quite long + the various tests also. By the time your turn for ivf, your hubby shld hv found a job by then..

hi summer!

i'm goin to see him this friday
happy.gif
our 1st visit! kina gan jiong :p

will blood test be able to take tis friday too or i have to book another appt for it?

Hi girl2!
congrats and smooth pregnancy
happy.gif

summer: now he let me try clomid for three months and after three months, i will need to see him. if no good news, then we will do ivf. he want ask to try naturally as my ovarion reserve is very good and my hubby sperm is improving. he use to have low sperm count. but now i havent start on the clomid as he is not feeling too good. kind of depressing state right now. so no use if i eat the clomid and try. so i guess i need to postpone my check up.

by the way, if you all have any news on vacancy in logistic, please let me know. im trying my best to help him look for a job soon.

hi nana, hope ur hubby get a job soon
happy.gif

btw u remember that u and ur hubby did any blood test on ur 1st consultation?

mei2: before we start on ivf, we did blood test. to check whether i ovulate, my ovarian reserve and i think my hubby only check on sperm.

nana, thanks!

i was on 3mths clomid too but didnt check on OPK and try on gut feeling but failed.. so hopefully this fri doctor can advise us what we can do and start when

mei2: how you feel after eating the clomid? he say to take when day 2 of menses. will it affect your menses cycle? currently im having heavy flow on day 2 and 3. so scared more heavy.

opk, is it better to use ovulation strip?

Nana, will get hot flushes at times.. other then that was ok. yup i took from day 2 to day 6 (actually it kinda make my cycle regular as my menses was super irregular due to PCOS)

OPK: supposely its better for those who have regular menses.. to start testing from day 10 onwards.

mei2: ohk. im scared my menses will go haywire. i have regular cycle. and im going langkawi early march. scared when im there, i have my menses.

Mei2: yay!! Jia you!! But eat more red beans cos clomid will make your lining thinner. Combat it with red bean soup!

Lin: yes..roughly over an hour ++ but its worth it cos he will answer your Q..he's not like he tries to brush u off becos u ask too many Q..

Nana: no worries, I dun tink clomid will cause u to have heavier flows..remember to bring more sanitary pads though ;)

i just scared my menses will be delayed or faster due to clomid. coz i already plan my trip to langkawi no menses. hehe...

summer: other than red bean soap, what else i can eat? my body tend to get too heaty easily.

summer, thanks!! but no more clomid coz its doesnt work for me for these 3 mths :p
hopefully the Q for IVF/ICSI doesnt get too long and can proceed the next AF which is due mid Feb *crossing fingers

Nana, it really depends on ur cycle.. just dun take med to delay incase really haywire
happy.gif

nana: i dun tink it will make any difference la..just bring lo, just in case. i dunno ley, i heard from the other sistas that drink red bean soup can build up lining..

mei2: i also scared next time want to see HH will be super long esp when the government came up with the incentives..and HH apparently is a popular choice : /

summer, ya i think alot will opt for this option due to the increased incentives. let's all jiayou!

hoping i dun have to wait very long for him :p

Hi sparkles

How much does it cost and who did the procedure for you?
I am thinking if I should go private or KKH?
I saw forum say after HSG it's easier to conceive is it true?
My email is [email protected]
I can't pm you
sad.gif

Sparkles

I think it's your setting
sad.gif

I am seeing dr Christine yap from mt e. she asked me to consider doing hsg. However I am afraid private will be very expensive and was wondering if KKH will be cheaper.
On the other hand I am worried of the doctor doing the procedure.

I am also unsure if I should do it.

For $138 is it the walk in rate?
Thanks

Back