IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Just wondering would you ladies go ahead for 2nd iui or go straight to IVF? I have a friend who told me just go straight to IVF. My hub's SA was 20+million concentration, 60+% motility, 1% morphology and as for me, everything is fine. Been to a few doctors and even dr at kkh says is fine. But when we did our first so-iui, post wash was only 1.96m. Was kinda upset though i know it only takes 1! My friend who advised me to go straight for ivf, his post wash sperm is <1.5million and his wife is not ovulating. They are preg for 4mth with their first ivf, failed 1 iui & 1 so-iui. He asked me dun waste money go for so-iui again.
I went IUI twice then decided to proceed to ivf. My advise to u is are u mentally prepared for ivf coz more injections wor.... Ivf is only 30% not 100% ... And if both of u are Singaporean, dun worry about the ivf cost. Got susidy .

I'm going for my FET on Tuesday. Praying hard for my 2 embryos. Hope they stay strong. By the way, I jus went to Toa payoh Shuang Lin Shi to pray there are a lot of eggs there. If you all free can go down to grab baby dust.

Ladies, I am 39 years old and they say that is is dangerous for people my age to have an IVF baby. I was approached by agents in a baby fair and they mentioned that it is best that I get a plan to protect myself and my baby boy for pregnancy complications. Do you guys think it is necessary?

Ladies, I am 39 years old and they say that is is dangerous for people my age to have an IVF baby. I was approached by agents in a baby fair and they mentioned that it is best that I get a plan to protect myself and my baby boy for pregnancy complications. Do you guys think it is necessary?
I think it's not necessary because if you go for the IVF and if you have 2 or 3 embryos transferred into your uterus, you have to purchase insurance from Great Eastern. This is by govt regulations. The hospital will collect a cheque (attention to Great Eastern) from you within 5 days of embryo transfer. Not sure if you have bought that..

I think it's not necessary because if you go for the IVF and if you have 2 or 3 embryos transferred into your uterus, you have to purchase insurance from Great Eastern. This is by govt regulations. The hospital will collect a cheque (attention to Great Eastern) from you within 5 days of embryo transfer. Not sure if you have bought that..

I have spoken to great eastern before and they do not cover IVF pregnancy. Is there any changes recently? Last I heard from my AIA agent that they are the only ones that cover IVF pregnancy.

Did my ET on 23th, now in 2WW. Feel really very very long.....

Anyone test at home before going blood test?

KKH must wait 17days then can do blood test so long leh....I know in some hospital, they will monitor patients blood test so that can give appropriate medication support....

I have spoken to great eastern before and they do not cover IVF pregnancy. Is there any changes recently? Last I heard from my AIA agent that they are the only ones that cover IVF pregnancy.

Hi FeronnaC,

Neonatal Insurance
With the increased risk of multiple pregnancies, babies born as a result of the Assisted Reproductive Programme (ARP) have a greater chance of being hospitalised in a neonatal ward or ICU. Hence, as required by the Ministry of Health, all patients undergoing ARP treatment in Singapore must subscribe to the neonatal insurance.

For enquiries, please call our KKIVF Nurse Coordinators at tel: +65 6394 1694 or fax: +65 6293 6415. We will be glad to assist.

For KKIVF, it's handled by Great Eastern.

KKH must wait 17days then can do blood test so long leh....I know in some hospital, they will monitor patients blood test so that can give appropriate medication support....
Ya, you can try the home pregnancy kit 10-14 days after your transfer to see if there's good news or not.

Dear sisters
Would like to giveaway the following to a sister who's currently doing stim or going for her Nov fresh cycle.
1. Left 30ml of Saizen growth hormones (worth ard $50 so wasteful to discard)
2. An opened but unused pack of Now Foods brazil nuts (expiry 12/2015)
Both items kept in fridge. Pls bring along a cooler bag. I can provide ice pack.
Pls pick up from my blk at Sengkang.
PM if keen.

Hi ladies, would like to check with u gals, if i am refered from clinic D to kkivf, can i request to fix dr tan hh for the whole procedure of ivf? I am now currently subsidised rate. I have just done my blood test and waiting for a date for ivf.

Hi ladies, would like to check with u gals, if i am refered from clinic D to kkivf, can i request to fix dr tan hh for the whole procedure of ivf? I am now currently subsidised rate. I have just done my blood test and waiting for a date for ivf.
Procedures like Et n ER can bah. .. but scan visits cannot. Call clinic to request for it.

Haiz, I am in 2ww. Horrible feeling. Today is the 9th day after ET. Got this tiny cramping that comes and goes (or is it wind inside the stomach, I oso dunno).

Still got another 9 days to BT. Still so long....

For subsidised patient, cant fix doc.

Aiyo, I dunno it's the pregnancy cramping or the witchy cramp leh. Been minimising the carrying of my #1, feels so bad.

Towkayneo, is this ur #2? Sorry hasn't been following this thread for so Long. How was ur BT?
usually 9th day is not the witchy cramp la - could be implantation ley.
ya, in 2WW it's hard not to carry #1...

Ya, this will be my 2nd cycle - just failed fresh cycle, proceeding to FET

usually 9th day is not the witchy cramp la - could be implantation ley.
ya, in 2WW it's hard not to carry #1...

Ya, this will be my 2nd cycle - just failed fresh cycle, proceeding to FET

At least u still got embryo to transfer. This is my last cycle of fresh liao. All 3 cycles nothing to freeze. This cycle only retrieved 2 eggs n transferred the golden one in me. Am hoping for the best.

Does anyone knows whether cervical position and cervical 'texture' is a good gauge whether pregnancy had occured?

At least u still got embryo to transfer. This is my last cycle of fresh liao. All 3 cycles nothing to freeze. This cycle only retrieved 2 eggs n transferred the golden one in me. Am hoping for the best.

Does anyone knows whether cervical position and cervical 'texture' is a good gauge whether pregnancy had occured?
Ya, all the best to you....jia you.

http://www.pregnancy-baby-care.com/...s-and-symptoms/pregnancy-symptoms-cervix.html

It's hard to determine the positioning of the cervix. But one general thumb of rule - if you are pregnant, the cervix is always closed.

17 days wait for BT? How come mine is 19 days wor. Cos the nurse says mine was supposed to be on 10-nov, day 18, which I can't figure out why.

Procedures like Et n ER can bah. .. but scan visits cannot. Call clinic to request for it.
Thanks charmee. Kkivf called and tell me my appt will be in jan. So when my menses is here i have to give them a call. Does it mean that i will start to jab in jan and ER in feb? Or if its a long protocol, jab will start in feb? When will we know we are having long or short protocol? Trying to avoid cny period coz most of my collics will be going back to their country for cny. Can anyone advise me on this? Sorry for asking so many qns.

Last edited:
Thanks charmee. Kkivf called and tell me my appt will be in jan. So when my menses is here i have to give them a call. Does it mean that i will start to jab in jan and ER in feb? Or if its a long protocol, jab will start in feb? When will we know we are having long or short protocol? Trying to avoid cny period coz most of my collics will be going back to their country for cny. Can anyone advise me on this? Sorry for asking so many qns.
Hi, yes you will start to jab in Jan. Depending on when your period start, if you are on short protocol and period starts before 20th Jan, u should be able to get your ET done before CNY. U can call and ask doc/ nurse if u are on short or Long protocol, it should be recorded on file already.

Hi mingkuk, the nurse booked jan slot for me too! I'm going for ivf counseling on mid dec! I was told if my menses start end of jan, my ivf will be postpone to feb because of cny (kkivf is not open on ph)

Babycomecome. After see your counting, I blur of mine. My ET 26oct bt 13oct hmmm

Ya Hor, should be 12-nov if based of 17days after et. Or mayb they are expecting a lot of pple to be due for BT on 11-nov n 12-nov so they pushed out some to 13-nov? Probably can call to check?

Back