IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

No wories! feel free to ask questions :) I took 1 day MC which I am sure you can ask your doc to give you but really there's no restrictions and can go back to work after. Since invested so much in the procedure mentally (and financially) might as well stay at home to rest!
Im taking unpaid leave..like u said invested soo much might as well stay home rest well...so really am praying hard for Bingo jackpot!!

Yst my urine show.negative ..then.doctor got.write the.step wat to do. So at night went bsck to kkh from 8-8.30pm.for the final injection .less than 5 min inject by nurse.

This.morning wake up take and test , like finally positive .. :)

Mecury..we went BT on day 16. Took home test, negative. BT show positive, heng.
Also we took 5 days rest at home.
Doc test taken ard 9.30am. 1 2.00pm got call and asked to proceed back for medication. :)

Bt is via HCG beta. Double digit mean good. I always keep tell my wife: Pin chang xin aka be calm and normal. This is extremely a long journey which only us here been through, know what it is like. Money - wise is exp, but all is worthwhile definitely. Nothing else matters

Bt is via HCG beta. Double digit mean good. I always keep tell my wife: Pin chang xin aka be calm and normal. This is extremely a long journey which only us here been through, know what it is like. Money - wise is exp, but all is worthwhile definitely. Nothing else matters

thanks for the words. hehe. yes the price to pay is ex. overall is the good choices to make :)

most important cannot stress liao .. min the stress level :)

Hi Ladies! Need to know. For IUI, did anybody chose to pay using Medisave?
How's the payment procedure like? What are the things we have to pay in cash and what are the other things that's covered by Medisave?

How's the payment procedure like? What are the things we have to pay in cash and what are the other things that's covered by Medisave?
Are u doing your iui in govt hospitals or pte?
For govt hospitals like sgh/nuh/kkh, u can use medisave for your iui procedure itself but those pre iui blood tests etc have to be paid in cash on your own.

Hi Phantom,

I am sorry, there's some confusion here when I was going through the thread. I remember you mentioned before that you have got sore breasts/nipples during your tww, but now you said you spoke to "your wife"? Are you the husband or wife?

Anyway, congratulations on your BFP!

If u've decided to use medisave for your iui procedure; follicle scans and trigger shot will be covered.
KKH will claim from your medisave, no cash required over the counter.
Are you doing SO-IUI (with jabs)?
ohhh ok... The doctor at Clinic D told me to try with pills instead of jabs because I'm young(26). she's scared I might get multiple pregnancy if I take jabs.. -.-
Tmrw will I have appt with KKIVF for IUI briefing.. maybe after CNY will do IUI.

ohhh ok... The doctor at Clinic D told me to try with pills instead of jabs because I'm young(26). she's scared I might get multiple pregnancy if I take jabs.. -.-
Tmrw will I have appt with KKIVF for IUI briefing.. maybe after CNY will do IUI.
its unusual that you require iui at that young age! but all the best for iui!

I married at the age of 20. Tried for almost 2 year, got pregnant naturally but unfortunately, miscarried due to cervical incompetence. After that, tried to date but no luck. :(
Did a lot of test for me but all ok, just my hormones imbalance. My menses irregular. 1 year i think 3 times menses only. Husband sperms check, all ok. Hopefully IUI works for me.. Thank you :)

It is not unusual to do IUI and/or IVF at 20s - the earlier we start the plan, the more time we have to tune up our bodies.
I am kind of regret now for wasting time on normal gynae and assuming that I have no problem to conceive naturally :(

I married at the age of 20. Tried for almost 2 year, got pregnant naturally but unfortunately, miscarried due to cervical incompetence. After that, tried to date but no luck. :(
Did a lot of test for me but all ok, just my hormones imbalance. My menses irregular. 1 year i think 3 times menses only. Husband sperms check, all ok. Hopefully IUI works for me.. Thank you :)

oh i see.. prob because your menses are irregular so you have few chances to conceive. Sounds like maybe iui may work on you! all the best! baby dust! :) hope to hear good news !

I am sorry for your loss.
There were many examples which ladies with irregular menses also get pregnant.
Stay positive and I am sure rainbow baby will be there very soon!

Why not considering SO-IUI?
It has a higher success rate compare to normal IUI.

Maybe you can bring this up when you're in the briefing tomorrow.
Good luck! ;)

oh i see.. prob because your menses are irregular so you have few chances to conceive. Sounds like maybe iui may work on you! all the best! baby dust! :) hope to hear good news !
Yah.. God's willing. I have been taking Royal Jelly & Maca Root Powder into my diet 1 month ago. Hope it helps increase the chances...

only registeration is by cash @ 100plus the rest of medicine, scanning all under medisave. for mine my hubby use his medisave to pay for me

I am sorry for your loss.
There were many examples which ladies with irregular menses also get pregnant.
Stay positive and I am sure rainbow baby will be there very soon!

Why not considering SO-IUI?
It has a higher success rate compare to normal IUI.

Maybe you can bring this up when you're in the briefing tomorrow.
Good luck! ;)
The doctor worried I might get multiple pregnancies if I take jabs. But last year I tried Clomid for 3 cycles but no luck. Idk this IUI they will give me what kind of pills. I will check with them tomorrow if I can change to jabs..

Mercury blue - are you doing SO-IUI at KKH? mine is just IUI (natural) next week at nuh. no injections and meds (just one 2 days before)

yes. i doing so-iui at kkh. tml is the day. need to reach 8 am at kkh, submit hubby sperm before 8.30 then wait 2 hours. start so-iu at 10.30 am

i have injection almost everyday on left right alt side, review increase dose , review and finally no need to do anymore injection. almost want to give up

Last edited:
cause we choose so-iui is we dun wan to wait for the "fated timing " to have babies. my hubby is 33 liao plus inlaw is almost coming 70. both of us check we are completely fine no prob, egg and sperm good. only tt my ovualtion hard to catch them even gynae unable to get hold of the period.

so i tell by hubby y not try iui since all is paid by medisave

i also young (29) only, doctor show me yst i have a high chance of mutiple babies. 1 baby vs 4 quadruplets babies .. LOL. based on my egg lol

oh okay! am curious to know the success rate of SO-IUI. NUH doesnt like to do SO-IUI.. so was told to stick to natural IUI which is so low in success rate!

i also not sure. mine is my ex colleague guy intro me of dr tan hh. cause his wife sucessfully pregnant and ask me go see and try . :)

btw wat is natural iui? no mediciation or jab giving arh?

The doctor worried I might get multiple pregnancies if I take jabs. But last year I tried Clomid for 3 cycles but no luck. Idk this IUI they will give me what kind of pills. I will check with them tomorrow if I can change to jabs..
You mentioned you took clomids last yr, did u proceed to any clinic to do follicle scans?
Because not all people react well to clomids. Some follicles don't grow even if you are on clomids.
So for IUI, they actually monitor your follicle growth via vagina scans and thus able to time your ovulation date better.

i also not sure. mine is my ex colleague guy intro me of dr tan hh. cause his wife sucessfully pregnant and ask me go see and try . :)

btw wat is natural iui? no mediciation or jab giving arh?
I think natural IUI would mean oral medication like Clomids etc then when the follicles reach a certain size, the only jab will be the trigger shot to make you ovulate, and then proceed to IUI procedure the next day or so.

I think natural IUI would mean oral medication like Clomids etc then when the follicles reach a certain size, the only jab will be the trigger shot to make you ovulate, and then proceed to IUI procedure the next day or so.
I don't have any oral meds. Just the trigger shot!
If no luck in this round I think will proceed with IVF.
My next round is on Monday/Tuesday.

me husb.. sorry for confusing too. i am rather new here, and seems that there are zero/limited guys here. I able to share info if i can, cos have been through also..
Wishes appreciated. Hope all is smooth..

Hi Phantom,

I am sorry, there's some confusion here when I was going through the thread. I remember you mentioned before that you have got sore breasts/nipples during your tww, but now you said you spoke to "your wife"? Are you the husband or wife?

Anyway, congratulations on your BFP!

me husb.. sorry for confusing too. i am rather new here, and seems that there are zero/limited guys here. I able to share info if i can, cos have been through also..
Hi Phantom, you got me confused too...your previous posts lead me to think that you are a woman...you even shared that you had sore boobs???

Ahh OK, just got kind of confused 'cuz I think I read your comments @ some other threads also. I was thinking how come someone was mentioning about "her husband" and "his wife", "his SA" and "her tubes" using the same username at the same time.

Yeah, not many guys I have chanced upon in the forum, or maybe they are just silent readers. I guess it would be better to inform us that you are a gentleman as some times the things that we are sharing could be really "private" which some of the ladies may not feel that comfortable with that. Hope you understand.

Last edited:
yes. i doing so-iui at kkh. tml is the day. need to reach 8 am at kkh, submit hubby sperm before 8.30 then wait 2 hours. start so-iu at 10.30 am

i have injection almost everyday on left right alt side, review increase dose , review and finally no need to do anymore injection. almost want to give up
Baby dust to u!!! May all turns out well and making it all worthwhile!!!! February please b fast!!!! I want babydust plentu of it too!!!

You mentioned you took clomids last yr, did u proceed to any clinic to do follicle scans?
Because not all people react well to clomids. Some follicles don't grow even if you are on clomids.
So for IUI, they actually monitor your follicle growth via vagina scans and thus able to time your ovulation date better.
No follicle scans. Doctor told me to do regular intercourse only. But no luck at all.

Thanks alot!!!
Chill relex dun walk too much...watch plenty comedy drama!

The process make me pain, urine also pain, walk also. Took less than 2min to do. Doctor told me to lie down rest awhile. After go home. Waiting for two weeks for now..

The doctor will tell u, ur hubby sperm is good or wat based on the number...

The process make me pain, urine also pain, walk also. Took less than 2min to do. Doctor told me to lie down rest awhile. After go home. Waiting for two weeks for now..

Good luck to you! How long do you have to lie down before they allow you to go back home?

Ahhhh icic...thanks...will preepmt on that! The hubby sperm number is usually after washed number right..

Back