(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

Dear Mummies, can I check with you all, usually by which week onward doctor check up will be more reduce instead of 4 week times? thanks in advance.

Dear Mummies, can I check with you all, usually by which week onward doctor check up will be more reduce instead of 4 week times? thanks in advance.

My last visit... my gynae already asked to reduced from 4 weeks to 3 weeks... last visit I was 32 weeks... next week seeing him... so... ya... but I thought it should be like 2 weeks instead of 3? but any case I guess I am in good hand... 3 weeks once also not bad else I am running out of leave soon... =X

Any mummies having anxiety issues?

I start to have some anxiety today. All because of an article I read on improper use of child sitting devices can cause injury and death.... Scary.... Now I worried that I dun know how to take care of my bb properly... How I know bb has burp or bb is hungry or full? How I know which sleep position is good or bad for bb...... Urghh.... :(:(:(:(

I am 32 wks now and Kkh schedule my next appt for 36wks. I asked why so late and they said frequency will increase after 36wks only

Starting week 30 my gynae sees me every 2 weeks. Week 36 is once a week.

Wow tts early.. I guess thats the gd thing abt pte hospital.

I am quite worried abt my gynae. She s nice but everythin also just ok ok. Waiting time is 1.5hrs to see her for 5mins only. Even as private patient. No online reviews on her also. Abit worried about her stitching skills after hearing horror stories online abt other doctors. I wanted another gynae but he was very full and ppl advice me not to go for someone so busy. So i just took what the hosp recommend. Too late to change right?

Turns yellowish? Better check gynea tomorrow. Take care!

just had my glucose test this morning... and am glad i passed! =D i checked with the nurse on my finger joints aching and colour difference too.. (din get to see my gynae coz i passed the glucose test) she say its normal and ask me to just do some finger reflexes and rub my hand occasionally for comfort and blood flow..

Hi,
1) do we really need use diff detergent for baby clothes?
2)And how many clothes a baby need each day?
3) anyone know what c class patient at kk will get from hospital? Like diapers etc?
4) do we need standby milk bottles for extra milk or to get only if we realize that we produce a lot of milk?
First time here, feeling lost..
Thanks a lot

Just seen my gynae on Tuesday @ 32 weeks. Next visit will be 2 weeks onwards, and if I'm not wrong 36/37 weeks will be weekly check up.

thanks all the mummies for replying my query :) I am actually is due on Jan 16, but I always come to dec 15 read and learn from all of you because jan forum did not share much. hope you all dun mind :D
another thing to ask is, when doing the scan, doctor will use hc,ac and fl to get estimated weight for baby rite, but the 3 measurement no. of week will not be exact on the week we actually at, I ask doctor, doc say that is no problem one cos he said all baby grow differently. as baby weight within the range is ok lioa. how about the mummy here?

baby still in breech position at 28 weeks, doctor suggest do some posture to make baby turn down. any mummies encounter this problem too? so sorry so much question :p

just had my glucose test this morning... and am glad i passed! =D i checked with the nurse on my finger joints aching and colour difference too.. (din get to see my gynae coz i passed the glucose test) she say its normal and ask me to just do some finger reflexes and rub my hand occasionally for comfort and blood flow..

I also pass my glucose test yesterday hehe...so scared fail it and need to pop finger ourselves.

I start to have some anxiety today. All because of an article I read on improper use of child sitting devices can cause injury and death.... Scary.... Now I worried that I dun know how to take care of my bb properly... How I know bb has burp or bb is hungry or full? How I know which sleep position is good or bad for bb...... Urghh.... :(:(:(:(

mummies, do not stress yourselves 1st. last time I see my mum burp for my bb nephew, they will have burp sound one. just pay more attention when baby sleep see anything make them discomfort. relax ya!

My last visit... my gynae already asked to reduced from 4 weeks to 3 weeks... last visit I was 32 weeks... next week seeing him... so... ya... but I thought it should be like 2 weeks instead of 3? but any case I guess I am in good hand... 3 weeks once also not bad else I am running out of leave soon... =X

how come not request mc cert from doctor? they will issue one then u can save your annual leave already.

mummies, do not stress yourselves 1st. last time I see my mum burp for my bb nephew, they will have burp sound one. just pay more attention when baby sleep see anything make them discomfort. relax ya!

Yah, I know. I stress myself too much. Today more relax.

Regarding changing baby position, maybe u can check this http://www.health-and-parenting.com/five-exercises-turn-breech-baby/

But please be careful when you do any exercises, better to go through a qualified instructor to help u.

Yah, I know. I stress myself too much. Today more relax.

Regarding changing baby position, maybe u can check this http://www.health-and-parenting.com/five-exercises-turn-breech-baby/

But please be careful when you do any exercises, better to go through a qualified instructor to help u.

yup i will, will try out the posture that doc suggest 1st. He suggest put 2 pillow below buttock everynight for 10min, hope it really can baby turn down by the next scan..

You can start by getting some advice from a fren or relative? Will u be hiring any Confinement Lady for your confinement? if CL is good, can learn alot from her.. if not, i think parents are the best advisers.. dont worry too much for now.. not good for urself and baby too. =)

You can start by getting some advice from a fren or relative? Will u be hiring any Confinement Lady for your confinement? if CL is good, can learn alot from her.. if not, i think parents are the best advisers.. dont worry too much for now.. not good for urself and baby too. =)

Thank you. I have calm down a lot. I have gotten a confinement lady and hopefully she is okie. I have my mum to help me also but don't expect too much help cause she is quite old already. So I will try and learn as much as possible. :p I tell my bb that both of us will work hard and will make sure we will give her the best care we can.

Hi i saw a fetal chart movement pamphlet at kk yest. Maybe you can dwl online..i think it mentioned you shld feel 10movements in a day. If two days in a row is less than 10 then contact your gynae. Smthn like that

My gynae gave me a small table to record bb movement.

Basically its ticking the time when u feel baby's 10th movement everyday.

If the ticks are about the same time each day, then it means bb movement still consistent.

But if the timing gets later and later (say, usually by 10am u will have the ticks but suddenly it became 1pm, 2pm etc) then it means baby movement slowing down/not as frequent

If that happens i need to inform gynae (during office hrs) or check into the hospital for detail check (after office hours)

Here's a photo of the chart:

ImageUploadedByForum1446098829.220481.jpg

another thing to ask is, when doing the scan, doctor will use hc,ac and fl to get estimated weight for baby rite, but the 3 measurement no. of week will not be exact on the week we actually at, I ask doctor, doc say that is no problem one cos he said all baby grow differently. as baby weight within the range is ok lioa. how about the mummy here?

The earliest scan that you did (i.e. first visit to gynae to confirm pregnancy) is the most accurate in estimating the gestational week. After that babies grow at different pace. Now, when you see the gestational age on the screen for measurement, that is the gestational age for the 50th percentile. So if it differs from your actual number of weeks, it just means your baby is either higher or lower than 50th percentile - which is still completely normal as long as within range.

For me, since the bub is on the large side, since 2nd tri his measurements have never matched the gestational weeks shown on screen, haha.

So don't worry!

The earliest scan that you did (i.e. first visit to gynae to confirm pregnancy) is the most accurate in estimating the gestational week. After that babies grow at different pace. Now, when you see the gestational age on the screen for measurement, that is the gestational age for the 50th percentile. So if it differs from your actual number of weeks, it just means your baby is either higher or lower than 50th percentile - which is still completely normal as long as within range.

For me, since the bub is on the large side, since 2nd tri his measurements have never matched the gestational weeks shown on screen, haha.

So don't worry!

Thanks haruharu,its really ease my mind... even doc said so but everytime see baby week is behind abit the actual week, still worried. doc just focus on is the weight within the range. your bb wan grow become big girl/boy asap to see you :)

When i first told my RO of my pregnancy... he already warn me liao... dun take too many MC... management like not very favorable of us taking too many MCs...

no wonder, still warn that sound bad. there is too many this kind of management around, not supportive at all. never mind, you are around the final the destination already, then can go maternity leave.

Hi Mummies,

I think I have caught a cold already. Runny nose and irritated sore throat.

Any natural remedy to cure cold rather than eat medicine? I have been taking fruits everyday but does not seem to work. Not sure if lack of sleep contributes to my cold as well.

Hi Mummies,

I think I have caught a cold already. Runny nose and irritated sore throat.

Any natural remedy to cure cold rather than eat medicine? I have been taking fruits everyday but does not seem to work. Not sure if lack of sleep contributes to my cold as well.

maybe u want to try slice the lemon n put it in the warm water? ginger also can cure cold but as pregnant body is heaty and you have sore throat maybe not suitable at this moment. take more rest.

Xmas baby! So exciting... Congrats mummies.

Any of u looking for nipple shield and stay in the west can drop me a note. I'm letting go @$10 only. Or add postage $2. Thks.

ImageUploadedByForum1446126913.678512.jpg

Hv a safe delivery =)

have u all bought Stroller and Mattress ? I'm looking at these two items now. Being a first time mum, which brand and what type are recommendable ?

Stroller best to get light n easy to open/close. In case u head out without Hb, easier to handle. Get sales girl to recommend those suitable for newborn, can lie down almost flat. Some only for older toddlers, cannot flatten. Can consider dual direction ones, such dat bb can face u. Happy shopping.

Hi,
3) anyone know what c class patient at kk will get from hospital? Like diapers etc?
4) do we need standby milk bottles for extra milk or to get only if we realize that we produce a lot of milk?
Thanks a lot

Hi, any mummy can give me some ideas?
I have another question. We are thinking to let baby sleep in bassinet on our bed for the first few months, any mummy also letting baby sleep on bed or bassinet too? Is it ok to let baby sleep in bassinet?
Thanks a lot

Hi,
Thanks a lot

Also first-time mummy here, so can only contribute based on advice from friends / antenatal class:

1) good to have as they are generally milder, but I have a couple of friends that used generic detergent and never had problems.

2) expect about 2 to 3 changes per day during newborn stage, and you may not do laundry daily, so standby for 3 days' worth. Around 10 pcs is a good start.

3) sorry can't help on this one

4) avoid bottle feed as much as possible in the early stages to avoid nipple confusion. If baby gets used to bottle teat they may not latch properly after that. If you need to feed EBM, or need to supplement with formula, my antenatal class instructor advised cup feeding first before going to bottle. However I personally think it can't hurt to standby some bottles since eventually will use them after I return to work, just don't get too many. You will need slow flow teats for newborns.

I suppose it's easier to comfort and breastfeed baby in the night when you co-sleep in the same bed, but we are going with the cot though.

Hope this helps, and maybe experienced mummies can chime in with your advice :D

Also first-time mummy here, so can only contribute based on advice from friends / antenatal class:

1) good to have as they are generally milder, but I have a couple of friends that used generic detergent and never had problems.

2) expect about 2 to 3 changes per day during newborn stage, and you may not do laundry daily, so standby for 3 days' worth. Around 10 pcs is a good start.

3) sorry can't help on this one

4) avoid bottle feed as much as possible in the early stages to avoid nipple confusion. If baby gets used to bottle teat they may not latch properly after that. If you need to feed EBM, or need to supplement with formula, my antenatal class instructor advised cup feeding first before going to bottle. However I personally think it can't hurt to standby some bottles since eventually will use them after I return to work, just don't get too many. You will need slow flow teats for newborns.

I suppose it's easier to comfort and breastfeed baby in the night when you co-sleep in the same bed, but we are going with the cot though.

Hope this helps, and maybe experienced mummies can chime in with your advice :D

Thanks a lot... It's really help

Thanks haruharu,its really ease my mind... even doc said so but everytime see baby week is behind abit the actual week, still worried. doc just focus on is the weight within the range. your bb wan grow become big girl/boy asap to see you :)

smaller is easier to deliver! :D

no wonder, still warn that sound bad. there is too many this kind of management around, not supportive at all. never mind, you are around the final the destination already, then can go maternity leave.

Haiz what to do? I am taking my ML only one week before my EDD if bb is going to be on time... but people around me has been telling me... first baby will come out earlier/later... and it is always ending with argument if more than 1 pax is around commenting on the topic... haha... the power of baby... making people argue over the smallest thing ever... even got 2 grannies argue and betting on the gender...

if he says everything is ok then don worry about the space for your little one. my girl is slightly overweight.... 1.4kg at 28 weeks & 4 days but gynae said my weight gain is a bit slow .seems like my gal is 'sucking' all the nutrients from me and growing well while mummy is not putting on weight fast enough..

FYI for mummies, taka has baby fair till 10 nov and avent has discounts off their range and bundles at OG.

This is more for my reference, but i just thought to share it with you guys in case it comes in handy for comparison. OG Promos end 1st Nov. I will try to compare against Taka's Baby fair bundle set pricings as well if i'm able to go down and get the info...would be appreciated if any of you are there and can let me know so that i can update as well.

I was at OG Chinatown, they had a promotier to show you how to use the 3 in 1 steriliser.

Less 30% on regular items, Less 10% on special buy items like bundles

Bundles that i saw to take note (Prices i calculated after discount)

1) 3 in 1 sterilizer with 4 feeding bottles (2 newbord, 2 1M+) --- $105
2) 3 in 1 sterilizer with baby pillow and bolster set --- $90
3) Warmer bundle with container --- $53.10
4) 4 in 1 Steriliser with newborn starter bottle set and set of newborn clothes ---$113
5) (Dr Brown Bundle) Steriliser with newborn bottle set --- $139 (no discount, this isn't Avent)

In addition, there are freebies,
Purchase $100 of Avent products = Sunshade
Purchase $200 of Avent products = 125ml natural bottle and free delivery on items.
Purchase $100 of Avent products = Baby Playmat and free delivery on items.

Hope this helps for everyone.

Last edited:
FYI for mummies, taka has baby fair till 10 nov and avent has discounts off their range and bundles at OG.

This is more for my reference, but i just thought to share it with you guys in case it comes in handy for comparison. OG Promos end 1st Nov. I will try to compare against Taka's Baby fair bundle set pricings as well if i'm able to go down and get the info...would be appreciated if any of you are there and can let me know so that i can update as well.

I was at OG Chinatown, they had a promotier to show you how to use the 3 in 1 steriliser.

4) 4 in 1 Steriliser with newborn starter bottle set and set of newborn clothes ---$113
5) (Dr Brown Bundle) Steriliser with newborn bottle set --- $139 (no discount, this isn't Avent)

Purchase $200 of Avent products = 125ml natural bottle and free delivery on items.

Just to add on... think the discount applies to tommee tipee bundle set too... original price of the sterilisation set is about 300 plus? but Hubby and I got it from OG Orchard last week at $189... it consist of the following:
  • Electric Steam Steriliser
  • Electric Bottle warmer
  • 1 260ml bottles
  • 3 150ml bottles
  • 1 thermal travel bottle warmer
  • 2 medium flow teats
  • 1 box of disposable breast pad
  • 1 bottle brush
  • 1 pair of teat tongs
  • 1 pure new born soother
  • 1 pacifier
  • 1 box of milk storage bag

thought it was pretty worth it...

Oh wow, pretty good deals! I got the Avent 4-in-1 steriliser bundle couple of months back from Kiddy Palace sale, with newborn starter bottles set also, but at $159. Don't have so many freebies either.

if he says everything is ok then don worry about the space for your little one. my girl is slightly overweight.... 1.4kg at 28 weeks & 4 days but gynae said my weight gain is a bit slow .seems like my gal is 'sucking' all the nutrients from me and growing well while mummy is not putting on weight fast enough..

Less inches for you to shed after delivering! :D

my baby is near to 1.1kg at 28 week, i myself gain 5kg. i am small size and tummy just started show up after 25week like that, sometime people comment do make me stress. they just though is i did not eat enough.

Just to add on... think the discount applies to tommee tipee bundle set too... original price of the sterilisation set is about 300 plus? but Hubby and I got it from OG Orchard last week at $189... it consist of the following:
  • Electric Steam Steriliser
  • Electric Bottle warmer
  • 1 260ml bottles
  • 3 150ml bottles
  • 1 thermal travel bottle warmer
  • 2 medium flow teats
  • 1 box of disposable breast pad
  • 1 bottle brush
  • 1 pair of teat tongs
  • 1 pure new born soother
  • 1 pacifier
  • 1 box of milk storage bag

thought it was pretty worth it...
Wow not bad...i'm still considering between getting Avent, pigeon or Tommee tippee...

Reading the posts and see some mommies having anxiety stress like me. For me I initially worry about breastfeeding then I told myself not to push myself if I can't do it. At least I express our. Now looking at my pump I don't even know how to fix it up and which parts to sterilise Coz I am bad at such things. Been trying to watch some videos. A few days ago I was thinking how do I make formula milk ? Is it half hot water and half cold water then put in the milk powder? Test the temp before add milk powder by putting a drop on wrist? Arrgh thinking too much I know but can't help it

my baby is near to 1.1kg at 28 week, i myself gain 5kg. i am small size and tummy just started show up after 25week like that, sometime people comment do make me stress. they just though is i did not eat enough.
Just take care of yourself and dont bother about the comments....it's the same for me, i didnt gain a lot of weight but baby at normal percentile for weight.. End of the day most impt thing is baby safe and alright.

Haiz what to do? I am taking my ML only one week before my EDD if bb is going to be on time... but people around me has been telling me... first baby will come out earlier/later... and it is always ending with argument if more than 1 pax is around commenting on the topic... haha... the power of baby... making people argue over the smallest thing ever... even got 2 grannies argue and betting on the gender...

haha......different ppl always got different opinion especially they had go through the process. when nearer to the due date, get advise from doctor and you should see your body comfortability also if there is a need to take more leave or can request MC from doctor to rest earlier. job is just a job, just ignore what people said as this is cannot be controlled.

Back