(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

Is this similar to the week 20 detailed scan? I just went for my week 34 visit but gynae never mentioned anything about a detailed scan.

I asked our gynae and she said no need as she monitors it either bimonthly or every week. So she said not to worry. Did u do the swab test?

I asked our gynae and she said no need as she monitors it either bimonthly or every week. So she said not to worry. Did u do the swab test?

hi lynnie, may i know what the swab test is?

I'm currently at week 33. I had my usual last week and my gynae notes that my baby's head is still not down that. In addition, my amniotic fluid is quite low, so I've been advised to increasse my water intake. My gynae is advising for a C sec if the baby does not turn around or if fluids remain low :(
Anyone in similar situation? I'm just wondering if there is still hope for me to try for a natural birth.

ImageUploadedByForum1446711099.722384.jpg

Thanks Lynnie! No I haven't taken the swab test yet and she didn't mention it either. Have you? I'll ask when I see her next week.

hi lynnie, may i know what the swab test is?

I'm currently at week 33. I had my usual last week and my gynae notes that my baby's head is still not down that. In addition, my amniotic fluid is quite low, so I've been advised to increasse my water intake. My gynae is advising for a C sec if the baby does not turn around or if fluids remain low :(
Anyone in similar situation? I'm just wondering if there is still hope for me to try for a natural birth.

I gathered the swab test is for detecting group B strep, read about it here: http://www.babycenter.com/0_group-b-streptococcus-screening_1647.bc

My baby is still breech also but the gynae is not concerned, said that he could still turn. We will only discuss c-sec possibility after week 36, as after that point, less likely to turn.

Hi Mummies. ..

My edd 7th dec. 2 days ago I suspected a leak. But only ytd I went hospital to check. Turned out my waterbag indeed leaked. At 35 weeks 2 days. My amniotic level also low. Normal 8 units. Mine 6 so definitely a leak.

I had to be admitted and would be induced on monday so now become Nov baby. I will be hospitalised all the way for any infection till I deliver. I tested positive for GPS and on antibiotics. Given steroid jabs to strengthen bb lungs. Super super painful jab on the butt.

My 2nd birth. First born also preterm. What are the odds.....

Hi Mummies. ..

My edd 7th dec. 2 days ago I suspected a leak. But only ytd I went hospital to check. Turned out my waterbag indeed leaked. At 35 weeks 2 days. My amniotic level also low. Normal 8 units. Mine 6 so definitely a leak.

I had to be admitted and would be induced on monday so now become Nov baby. I will be hospitalised all the way for any infection till I deliver. I tested positive for GPS and on antibiotics. Given steroid jabs to strengthen bb lungs. Super super painful jab on the butt.

Wow, almost 1 mth earlier. Take care n congrats.

Hi Mummies. ..

Take care, speedy recovery, and congratulations to you!

Hi Mummies. ..

Take care. Btw, how you know that is a leakage? A lot of water came out?

Got my milk already so won't be needing these, would rather they go to someone who needs these instead, any one?

Every voucher except enfamama expires end of the year 31 dec 15. Enfamama expires 2 feb 16.

ImageUploadedByForum1446964979.770269.jpg

Hi Mummies. ..

Congrats and take care!

Thanks lynnie and haruharu! I feel better and more informed after reading your comments.
I usually don't get details from my gynae at all.

take care nana! Annd congrats!

Hi all, can add me to FB dec 2015 grp? Been asking for many days but no one reply. :(
let me know who I can pm my email address?
thanks! :)

Maybe someone asked before... anyone knows what is included in the mother n baby gift set for mount e novena? Do we have to bring our own bottle if feeding formular? And... do they bath our newborn with individual bath tub which we can bring home? I delivered no.1 at mount A so got no idea with mount E novena this time...

Hi Mummies,

Another few more weeks to go! I am now in my week 35 and end of this week will know if bb is in the right position. So far bb has been move around, so not sure when she will turn to ready position. I read some mummies that your bbs are not in right position as well. My sister told me that my niece turned the last few days before she give birth. So don't worry. I also prefer to have natural birth if possible. :)

It's been getting more and more difficult for me to walk around without feeling the strain on my spine and tail bone. And my legs just feel weak. Walking out for lunch is now becoming a difficult task without feeling breathless and sometimes dizzy. How are the other mummies doing?

So far, my gynea did not recommend me to do any swap test or any growth scan.... My checkups are usually just normal ultra-scan to see bb's length and weight and nothing. Should I check with my gynea on this?

Currently in week 34 and while so far have no issue with walking (just walk slower) i have problems with waking up ad my legs will feel pain for the first few steps on the ground (like soreness after a lot of exercise)...then it goes away during the day or as i walk. Occasionally i have pulling pains in the thigh areas..

A lot more tired now, tend to sleep longer and more and starting to have really dry skin even with oils and creams..but other than that, everything's fine!

Hi mummies,

Ok, I think I am getting paranoid now. Today my bb feels super active when I return to office. She will be kick furiously every hours for at least 5-10 mins and my tummy is moving a lot due to her kicks. She has not been like that last few days when I was at home on the sofa or bed. It's only when I return to office and sat on my office chair. Wonder if it's the way I sit in the office that she is not feeling comfortable and she started to kick me a lot? Or its a sign she is distress??

Hi mummies,

Ok, I think I am getting paranoid now. Today my bb feels super active when I return to office. She will be kick furiously every hours for at least 5-10 mins and my tummy is moving a lot due to her kicks. She has not been like that last few days when I was at home on the sofa or bed. It's only when I return to office and sat on my office chair. Wonder if it's the way I sit in the office that she is not feeling comfortable and she started to kick me a lot? Or its a sign she is distress??
Don't think so much? As long as baby moving I think should be fine? You're going to see your Gynae soon, maybe can ask if it's ok then...

I had a bad fall on 10/11/15 when we went out to Sentosa. 1st instinct was to protect the tummy so in the end, my left and and leg are injured with bruises.
ImageUploadedByForum1447289383.209515.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1447289392.906398.jpg

Hi Mummies,

Does anyone knows any hawker center in the North where I can get the big, green type coconut juice? My TCM has advised me to drink once a week for two times only.

I buy from supermarkets. Giant n Sheng Siong haf. I buy e bigger ones. My mummy says e small Thai coconuts sweeter so I din buy those kind. :)
Hi Mummies,

Does anyone knows any hawker center in the North where I can get the big, green type coconut juice? My TCM has advised me to drink once a week for two times only.

Hihi! I just discovered this forum and I'm a 1st time mum so I would like to get some support and advices from mummies here when my baby arrives :) my edd is on 9th December 2015. It's gonna be soon!

Would like to check if I can be added to any fb group? Or Whatsapp chat?

Hope to hear from u all soon! :)

Hi Mummies. ..

Take care and congratz. I read in news that nowaday more ppl tend to delivery earlier than the edd.

Hi mummies,

Maybe @ home you had been attentive to her, in office she trying to get your attention. :)

can check anyone taking hospital leave and rest at home about 36 week onwards? my wife annual leave and MC not enough soon. :rolleyes:

When i first told my RO of my pregnancy... he already warn me liao... dun take too many MC... management like not very favorable of us taking too many MCs...

don think it will be any much different since you will be taking 3-4 month maternity leave. Your performance review will be affect too.

Norm I think abt 2 wks before ba. My boy was born at 39 wks, 1 day after I started my maternity leave. But mine is a small office, so I was oredi reading emails e day after I gave birth... Dis time I'm taking maternity leave abt 8 days before Edd? Year end is my peak period, still got a lot of stuff not cleared... :(
can check anyone taking hospital leave and rest at home about 36 week onwards? my wife annual leave and MC not enough soon. :rolleyes:

Hi Mummies,

Thanks for the encouragement. BB movement is fine these few days. Going to checkup tomorrow with gynea and I will get to see her again tomorrow. :)

Have been feeling a bit anxious today because like all mummies here, I am counting down to the big day where I can finally see her. But at the same time, I am worried for a lot of things. For example, will she be a healthy bb girl? Will I be able to take care of her? How would I know what is her needs etc. I know a lot of experienced mummies will tell me that mother instinct will kick in when we see our bb. I hope mine will kick in too! I tend to think too much and sometimes become negative. Should give myself a slap in the face to wake up from this negativity.... :rolleyes:

first you will be checked if you are dilated. if your cervix is still closed and not dilated, you will be inserted with the tablet to soften your cervix and dilate. after that you will be strapped onto CTG and monitored. after 8 hours, if still not dilated, another tablet will be inserted.

this is repeated 3 times until you are at least 3 cm dilated

after you are 3cm dilated, the contraction medicine will be given to you via the IV drip. and waiting continues again... until you are 8cm or more dilated, depending on your gynae then he/she will proceed to burst your water bag.

By the way, my bb is out already. so instead of "dec mum" become "nov mum" :D same situation as nana09 for me so had to be induced.

Its long and slow and painful...compared to my #1 when water bag broke by itself.

Maybe different ppl may have different experience, but if you ask for my opinion, i feel its better to let it happen naturally instead of inducing birth unless you have strong medical reasons that the baby should be induced.

Has anyone had induce birth before? How did it went? What's the procedure like? I'm going to induce at week 38, 3 more weeks.. As my doctor won't be around during my due date and he said that week 38 would be best. Also I'm kinda getting tired of pregnancy. Gained so much weight that my bones can't even support my weight now pain whenever I try to squat bend and trouble getting up from the floor always.

I will be going in for Ctg scan 2 weeks later then inducing birth 3 weeks later.

Back