(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Thanks all for ur wishes.
I wanted to try and see how much i can tahan at first.
It was interesting to realise how the pain intensify everytime i dilate further.
Then after 10 hours i was 6cm dilated, it was painful but i could control with breathing.
After 12 hours of pain it suddenly intensify , i ask for epi, and when they took 15 min to prepare the paperwork, the pain had progress and it was too late.

When i was 9cm dilated , my waterbag didnt burst and the baby head was bulging already. So they burst the bag and saw bb head crowning and i pushed baby out within 1 min and suffered major tears .

I had tears even in the inner vaginal walls. Doc say its uncommon to have tears on the inside. Most prob bcos i took 1 min to push when people usually took a long time to do so.

It was an experience that was good but i never wan to go through it again hahaha

@mommymich, salute u to call it a gd experience esp so wen u in & out of hosp so mani x! Nevertheless, u did a great job! :)
Soon many more be popping, n this thread convo will be bout babies, babies & more babies...esp their developments and the tiredness tat we all gonna go thru ...

@mommymich, yeah really salute u!! But I guess all is worth it after seeing your precious. Btw, Did the midwife did not advice you during labour? Like when to push and if you should push harder or lighter.....??

Congrats, @mommymich! Amazed that you could do it without gas and epi for so many hours. But what to do about the inner vaginal tears? Gynae able to stitch them up? Hope the wound isn't too painful for you.

Congrats @mommymich! So happy to see your little bundle of joy. Thanks for sharing the pic with us! I really can't wait for mine to arrive. But prob another 3-4 weeks more...sigh

Just went gynae today. Week 35+ baby weighing at 2.6kg. Gynae just said everything normal but not expecting baby anytime soon so see him again in 2 weeks time. I was waddling coz my tummy is so big. He's very sweet, also asked if I wanted medical/hospitalization leave to rest at home but I declined.

Thanks all for ur wishes.
I wanted to try and see how much i can tahan at first.
It was interesting to realise how the pain intensify everytime i dilate further.
Then after 10 hours i was 6cm dilated, it was painful but i could control with breathing.
After 12 hours of pain it suddenly intensify , i ask for epi, and when they took 15 min to prepare the paperwork, the pain had progress and it was too late.

When i was 9cm dilated , my waterbag didnt burst and the baby head was bulging already. So they burst the bag and saw bb head crowning and i pushed baby out within 1 min and suffered major tears .

I had tears even in the inner vaginal walls. Doc say its uncommon to have tears on the inside. Most prob bcos i took 1 min to push when people usually took a long time to do so.

It was an experience that was good but i never wan to go through it again hahaha
Rest well and hope u recover soon!

Wat a quiet weekend over here! All went to give birth liao ah :)

Didnt managed to do much, except catch a movie and rest at home. Packed part of my hospital bag and wonder if im bringing too little stuff lol - expecting a short stay only.

Seems like mothercare is having some big discounts, if anyone still wish to get bb stuff can go n take a look.

Lol... all are busy nurturing bumps during the weekend. Tried to finished up what need to be done before going on birth staycation...those with older kids probably also working on revising upcoming examination..

really not doing much! looking at the last pile of baby stuff to be put into laundry but so lazy.

Pack part of my hospital bag. Bring 2x button shirtdress to wear at hospital enough? Waiting for it to arrive from a spree I joined, i hope it's reaching this week. haha.

Also planned out my maternity leave. Decided to take one week in advance coz feeling so heavy recently and the tearing stretchmarks are bothering me alot coz i feel bump growing so fast this week! (urghhh stretchmarks....)

really not doing much! looking at the last pile of baby stuff to be put into laundry but so lazy.

Pack part of my hospital bag. Bring 2x button shirtdress to wear at hospital enough? Waiting for it to arrive from a spree I joined, i hope it's reaching this week. haha.

Also planned out my maternity leave. Decided to take one week in advance coz feeling so heavy recently and the tearing stretchmarks are bothering me alot coz i feel bump growing so fast this week! (urghhh stretchmarks....)
Hmmm... I only brought 1 set of button down PJ to hospital... wonder if it's enough.. I remember that last time I wore the hospital gown for the 1st day coz too tired to get up and change.... then the 2nd day then wear my own pj...

My girl is turning 1mth this thurs. And I know she is suppose to have the 2nd dose of hep b injection. Are we suppose to make appt at poly for the injections? Or can we just walk in? It will be the first visit to polyclinic tho.

We went to the pd assigned by the gynea during her 2nd week. Pd suggested to go poly for injections coz they are free at poly.
Any advice?

I rem my sis told me there is a dedicated queue just for baby injections at polyclinics so it's very fast, dont have to join the general public queue.
Not sure if prior appointments are required...sorry. Maybe can just call up the polyclinic to check?

Im oso bringing only 1 set of button down PJ only cos was wearing hospital gown most of the time. I bought 2 sets at qoo10, but one set the colour is so laughable (green with pink hearts!?!) dat I better dun bring, stay at home then wear ah. Sometimes the colours differ so much from online pics to actual goods.

Yup there is a dedicated queue for infants at polyclinics, quite fast. Just bring down will do, no need for appointments. But to be sure, call up the polyclinic and double chk. But note that the person doing the vaccination are usually the nurses, not the doctors. My experience wasn't very good the last time (went to Queenstown polyclinic) so went to pd after dat.

Can anyone guide me the contractions duration n interval?

Now i jus started week 36 but got abit contraction and pushing at the lower abdominal, not sure is it baby trying to engage or is going to contraction labour
If got scanner to see what is bb doing now will feel much at ease.. Lol

@nazriah good to make an appt with the polyclinic... Yes polyclinic 5in1free, whereas PD have to pay. 6in1 NOT FREE..
And aso exclude the rotavirus, etc injections that is non compulsory but GOOD to have some by cash, else by medisave lor.

I aso pack 2 PJ, previous stay nv brought anything except hp n ipad charger! Lol.
@littlepurple, monitor the interval of ur contractions, mine was every 10mins lasted 20seconds, the pain never intensified. And only at lower abdomen. Mine lasted 1.5hrs den i fell into deep sleep! (Either false labour or BH). If true labour normally start from back den front n back, interval very close and pains gets stronger.. If able hit 2-3hrs den faster call ur clinic or hospital.
Pls monitor closely esp if no waterbag leakage or show... Take care!!
Oh and during my false labour i dont feel baby movement, only my tummy muscle or walls very hard n tighten badly and my bottom area feels bruised and stucked, i dun think everyone will experience same, but agar agar that was my experience 3 days ago..

Last edited:
Me too... Almost daily and always different timing. I dun remember having it this frequent during my 1st 2.
Duno y will hiccup so much either...
Do u get the sudden vibration also??

Me too... Almost daily and always different timing. I dun remember having it this frequent during my 1st 2.
Oh yay.. I got lots of hiccups and sudden vibration. I don't have the vibration for previous pregnancies.. why are the vibrations and what are they. Scare me.. I thot my baby having fits. Can somebody share?

Wat a quiet weekend over here! All went to give birth liao ah :)

Didnt managed to do much, except catch a movie and rest at home. Packed part of my hospital bag and wonder if im bringing too little stuff lol - expecting a short stay only.

Seems like mothercare is having some big discounts, if anyone still wish to get bb stuff can go n take a look.

Oh.. where is the big disc? All mothercare stores?

Now that I am in Week 36, I do have contraction now and then...but I cannot differentiate real contraction from BH. My contraction is slightly painful (cramp kind of pain) and my tummy is only hard on the upper side i.e near the rib cage. The lower abdomen is not as rock hard.

@furbee same as you I have been experiencing tummy muscle or walls tighten very badly. W37 is getting worse and duration is like 2-3 hrs per day but is irregular lor. But this tightening is making me very uncomfortable and sometimes cause me to have no appetite at all.

Gynane want to check for dilation at W36 as I told him that I am experiencing tightening. But I said no as everytime after checking for dilation, like 30mins after, real contractions started.

Dunno is it because time to pop liao or because gynane trigger labour after dilation check.

Huh... can checking dilation cause real labour? So far ok for me.. I dilated 3cm 2 wks ago, so will be opting for induce this wed (38+5).
Why dont you just check for dialtion at next appt? At least u will know if really dilate causing the 'contractions'.. For me i think i might be dilating slowly and cervix thinning therefore the tightening comes and go esp when im very relax. But are u prepared to go into real labour anytime soon?

Went to see the gynae today at end of wk 37. The is wk 38. Bb weight is all good at 2.5 kg close to 2.6kg. Gynae say not possible to b a April baby unless emergency like water bag suddenly burst or the bloody show. The cervix distance between the baby head still about 3 cm difference. So let's hope for a May baby

Wah thats gd news @newbiemom80 ! I also hoping for may baby, but he cant wait to get out... U can enjoy labour day on 1 may before bb pops...hehe.

Congrats furbee....u popping this Wed so fast!!

Another 3-4 weeks to my turn. Aiyo getting impatient when I read u all popping one by one liao

Mummies, my bb is breech so we have scheduled for csect this coming Thursday. Instead of May baby, he is now April baby cos we went to choose a good date based on lunar calendar. Weekend was busy preparing for the final details, work hand-over etc hopefully these 2 days can relax and enjoy time with hubby alone before he arrives.

So I'm not the only one experiencing the hiccups. Sometimes can be quite irritating cos it lasted a while. Not sure about vibrations. But bb is moving a lot more.... Like swimming or wriggling here n there. Also experience a lot of tightening esp at the top near the ribs. Sometimes can feel that she is pushing my ribs which is so painful.

Have been sleeping on my sides and now I wake up everyday having aches at the side which I don't use to have it. Can also feel the tightness on my tummy side... As it over stretched which can be painful and uncomfy.

Mummies, my bb is breech so we have scheduled for csect this coming Thursday. Instead of May baby, he is now April baby cos we went to choose a good date based on lunar calendar. Weekend was busy preparing for the final details, work hand-over etc hopefully these 2 days can relax and enjoy time with hubby alone before he arrives.

April or May is fine. Most impt is bb healthy and you have safe delivery. Enjoy your time with your hubby. I'm 36 weeks this wed but I also hope bb won't come out yet so that I can celebrate my bday with hubby first. Hee!

Yea.. So many babies seeing the world! So excited. Aiya, may or apr baby doesnt matter, healthy SG50 baby can liao... Hehe.
@happycsk , 3-4 weeks is like a blink of an eye.. See @nazriah 's baby almost 1 mth old soon...SO FAST!

Doesn't matter which month so long healthy! That's the most important thing.

This sg50 thing ah... got good and bad also. Good is that there are alot of free gifts... bad is that there ARE alot of free gifts! Hahhaha.... I almost run out of space leh! And some of the things dunno when to use also. In all, I think I got abt almost 10bags. Dumex, friso, sg50, posb, hospital etc.... too many!! I gave up on rearranging the gifts in my room already. Sg50 box I just use the carrier only. Havent open and see the rest of the things.

The almost 1 month old girl who is having a growth spurt, who didn't want to be put down when sleeping last night but slept thru when in my arms or on ny chest and keep on latching the whole day today till my nipples went soft. And that's the look she gave me upon waking up.

Attachments

• 1430144638556.jpg
    1430144638556.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 203
The almost 1 month old girl who is having a growth spurt, who didn't want to be put down when sleeping last night but slept thru when in my arms or on ny chest and keep on latching the whole day today till my nipples went soft. And that's the look she gave me upon waking up.
Awww...what a sweet look!

She's beautiful naz!!

April or May is fine. Most impt is bb healthy and you have safe delivery. Enjoy your time with your hubby. I'm 36 weeks this wed but I also hope bb won't come out yet so that I can celebrate my bday with hubby first. Hee!
Thanks, hope u have a great bday with ur hubby before bb arrival :)

Back