(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

@Skivewalker , ytd i aso had diarrhea 3x, den night cramp n felt my pelvic area stuck for 10mins... I also worried will b labour. But i took lots of sweet stuff ytd which im not supposed to due to gestational diabetes..
So far tdy only cramp like n no more diarrhea.
How mani x u went washroom? Explosive kind ?
4 times since this morning. Tummy still feels funny. Been getting backache for a feel days. Baby's kicks also seems harder these few days. My diet still pretty much the same. Like u, also GDM so quite careful with diet. I read some online articles that say that diarrhea could be a sign of preterm, but so far i have no show yet. Do have BH sometimes. Wah I think our bodies are preparing for the big day liao :)

Ya i also was told may be sign of labour... But for u at 35wks is still early, hope ur bb can tahan 2 more wks wor.... U must take more water n stay hydrated...now u sure no mood to do anything.... Jiayou!
I tmr 38wk, so really is anytime...but i trying to drag till next dr appt.

Ya i also was told may be sign of labour... But for u at 35wks is still early, hope ur bb can tahan 2 more wks wor.... U must take more water n stay hydrated...now u sure no mood to do anything.... Jiayou!
Lol... me 38 weeks tml too.. and getting quite frequent tightening at the stomach. Is it wanna go poo poo? I think I didn't have smooth toilet session for the past couple days... shd be telling me go bomb the toilet bowl.

Thanks :) wow u must be feeling very excited. Take care too!

@mommymich, how are you doing?

Felt some leaking at 6am. Went into kkh. They wanted to induce me . I said no. I went to tmc straight to see my.gynae.

Guess what. Kkh said my.water level was 5.5 .
I saw for myself i had so much water and tmc measured water level 9.

Baby weighted 2.3kg at tmc.
Last week kkh told me my bb was 1.8kg only
What a big difference.

I thank god im 36 weeks now, no need go back to kkh in case of preterm liao

I having low iron since I preggie ....during the first tri blood test result was 8.8
I go buy the supplement call Iberat folic which ok for pregnancy. what is your iron level now ?
better start taking it from now , I think after post delivery need to take care too.... if u plan to breastfeed after delivery, the fenugreek is not suitable for us if we
got low iron. do take note for it.
i heard that if we take fenugreek before going into labour, we will have a faster delivery..is it true?

i heard that if we take fenugreek before going into labour, we will have a faster delivery..is it true?

Eh, I am not sure about it.
but I google and come across this side if taking too early during pregnancy will cause preterm labour. I don't think it's fasten the delivery process ...but helpt to INDUCE if over due.
http://community.babycenter.com/post/a41174437/how_does_fenugreek_work_with_inducing_labor?cpg=2
anyway best don try it unless you get advise from doctor. cause as what I know is help on the milk supply after we deliver baby.

All these consumption of tea, spices etc are more like stimulants of uterine contractions for mommies opting for natural delivery when taken frequently in higher dosages. It doesn't mean one will have a smooth and fast delivery by taking them, one may just end up having contractions and that's it and depending how long it's going to take for the baby to come out.

Just went for appt and baby's 2.4kg at 35wks. Next check in 2wks time and gynae said will start checking via CTG. when do they start to check for dilation?

Just went for appt and baby's 2.4kg at 35wks. Next check in 2wks time and gynae said will start checking via CTG. when do they start to check for dilation?

For me i had mine checked at 36 +4 wk. Dilated 3cm... already coming 38wk but didnt check again for dilation as i told my doc i dun have any contraction or any pains therefore i opt to induce after 38 wk IF BABY able to wait :)
U can ask ur gynae to check if u do feel minor contractions, pain or just uneasy at ur belly..

For me i had mine checked at 36 +4 wk. Dilated 3cm... already coming 38wk but didnt check again for dilation as i told my doc i dun have any contraction or any pains therefore i opt to induce after 38 wk IF BABY able to wait :)
U can ask ur gynae to check if u do feel minor contractions, pain or just uneasy at ur belly..
I've this achy pain at my lower abdominal. Especially pain if I move. But gynae didn't say much about it today leh. Don't know what's that. The pain doesn't go away.

@furbee.. when u gonna induce? Not waiting for labour to come naturally?

How to check for dilation? By gynae or at hm?

How to check for dilation? By gynae or at hm?

@littlepurple , by gynae..will insert inside ur v and check if ur cervix is opened, n check for thinning...

@happycsk , lol.. Ya both 2 aso gynae recommended me to induce at 38+4 ..which i think jus nice cos they weight 3.1x kg n already had tough time pushing out. @jjmom , This time aso doc ask to induce cos dilated 3cm at week 36+, so if come naturally before my next appt (38+5wk) den i suay lor...cos i not ready to expect waterbag leak, or even the show let alone contractions... N aso he mentioned hardly got chance that mommy dilate 3-4cm labour do not arrive within 1week. (If bb can endure till appt, den i his 2nd patient to last past 2wk) *crossing my fingers*

@newbiemum80 , by right full term is 40wks. But plus minus as the menses date or even edd may change as time passes. After 36/37 wk consider safe to deliver, but gynae Normally prefers after 37-38wks to be on safe side (at least bb more developed)..

I've this achy pain at my lower abdominal. Especially pain if I move. But gynae didn't say much about it today leh. Don't know what's that. The pain doesn't go away.

I told my gynae bout the pain tat y he checked for my dilation, and hooked me to ctg scan for contractions leh. Maybe during ur scan doc didnt detect any contractions?? But how r u feeling now? Any more pain or cramp like?

Many news articles are available on the weeks categorizing full term in recent couple of years due to studies done vs what was believed some years back on 37 being full term which is not the case.
Here are just a few reads of the many available online.

http://www.fitpregnancy.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-health/rethinking-full-term

http://m.acog.org/About-ACOG/News-R...ne-Meaning-of-Term-Pregnancy?IsMobileSet=true

http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/giving-birth/full-term-baby-birth/

http://www.hmhb.org/2014/07/definition-full-term-moms/

@PixiePosh , gd reference!. Thanks.
I also agree on the risk if delivered before 40wks, but everyone's body develops differently at each stage, n the complications or health risk too. Sigh, but i cant imagine delivering a 4kg baby! Lol.. So i still think i let my gynae make the best decision for me..hehe.

Busy at work today so didnt take notice of bb's movements. Almost gave myself a heart attack when couldnt detect movements for e entire evening. Luckily after disturbing him for awhile by moving my belly and talking loudly, now super active. Guess he is just a nite owl.

Hi mummies..thanks for all u guys input..the clinic assistant was saying 11.5 is normal...mine is 10.9...so shdnt be too bad right?

Will try to increase my iron intake before my next appmt on the 7th May...i will be 38weeks by then...

Tmc doc ask me to go to.kkh in case preterm labour then got nicu

Bcos now kkh nicu full house.
They only give priority to kkh patients. If u transfer baby from other hospital, they reserve the rights to reject u
So u mean TMC doc will see u in KKh?

@jjmom , for mommymich her tmc doc dont c her at kkh. It Is the kkh doc on duty tat tends to her, tat y in n out couple of times... Now she already hit 36wk, therefore will return to tmc, n deliver there if d need arises.. Jiayou @mommymich !

Many news articles are available on the weeks categorizing full term in recent couple of years due to studies done vs what was believed some years back on 37 being full term which is not the case.
Here are just a few reads of the many available online.

http://www.fitpregnancy.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-health/rethinking-full-term

http://m.acog.org/About-ACOG/News-R...ne-Meaning-of-Term-Pregnancy?IsMobileSet=true

http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/giving-birth/full-term-baby-birth/

http://www.hmhb.org/2014/07/definition-full-term-moms/
thanks PixiePosh, my gynae told me that after due date there are possibility that baby might pass his bowel movement inside and it is not good for baby. So I think the best time for baby to come out is somewhere at around 39 weeks bahh...... I am also tired of waiting.

thanks PixiePosh, my gynae told me that after due date there are possibility that baby might pass his bowel movement inside and it is not good for baby. So I think the best time for baby to come out is somewhere at around 39 weeks bahh...... I am also tired of waiting.

Yeah, my gynae oso said something like dat. Not good to overdue for too long, will need to induce.

I understand how u feel! Very uncomfortable hor? Hang in there and talk to your bb, will be soon :)

I told my gynae bout the pain tat y he checked for my dilation, and hooked me to ctg scan for contractions leh. Maybe during ur scan doc didnt detect any contractions?? But how r u feeling now? Any more pain or cramp like?
Still pain leh. He didn't check anything and didn't put me on CTG. only next appt at 36+wks will do the CTG. it's like a blue black kind of feeling from the internal. He mention maybe baby elbow me too hard. Haha.

I remember that if baby poop inside shows a sign of distress. Eg. If water bag burst,the color is yellowish or greenish means baby poop n is not gd.

Yeah, my gynae oso said something like dat. Not good to overdue for too long, will need to induce.

I understand how u feel! Very uncomfortable hor? Hang in there and talk to your bb, will be soon :)
actually I have no feeling, only feeling heavy when walking. Other than that I am still ok. I already talk to baby ask him to come out le. But looks like baby too comfy inside. I also try to climb the stairs rather than the escalator or lifts, but still no sign yet. Actually I am wondering if I have start to dilate, but my gynae so far did not do any VE, only tummy scan.

Just came back from my appt... already 37 weeks, baby haven't engage yet... dr checked and says cervix not open yet. My little gal still comfy inside.

ya lor.... sometimes I just think when I am walk or moving, it might just like baby bouncer for my baby liao. hahaha..... My next appt would be next tuesday, my edd liao.

Bb too comfy inside! U might just be the few who zun zun pop on edd. Hey, doesnt happen to everyone okie :) Rest more rest more!

After close to 13 hours of labour without gas n epidural

Weigh 2394g.

Attachments

• 1429882181077.jpg
    1429882181077.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 233
  • 1429882200935.jpg
    1429882200935.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 245

Back