(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

@momocrv, my CL also said cannot eat chicken and eggs for first 10 days so she didn't cook for me those. It was ok lah, I didn't crave for them. Anyway 10 days will pass very fast when you are busy with baby. Haha. I still recall feeling miserable and emotional (always miss hubby and the older kids when they left for work/school during the first few days of confinement.) Now I'm fine le.
Thanks yew yew...haha yes I guess will be so occupied to worry about food, just leave it to my CL then. Yeah I heard it is normal to have down time after delivery I hope mine won't be bad

Thanks yew yew...haha yes I guess will be so occupied to worry about food, just leave it to my CL then. Yeah I heard it is normal to have down time after delivery I hope mine won't be bad

So wat did u mummies have for 1st 10 days, can share pls

Lol... I can't seem to having steamy session with hubby... position can't make it due to the tummies getting in the way.. but eat pineapple will work ar?
Hahaha frankly speaking i just having sex for the sake make my bb to come out. Hard to make move though with these elephant tummy, ask hubby to move lor. Hahahaha.

I dunno if eating pineapple would work but i heard eat pineapple can make contraction. But so far for me still dun see any effect yet. Lols

Saw gynae today at week 36. He said hat he will induced me 1-2 weeks before due date cos I've gestational diabetes. Ate glutinous rice dumpling last night and my reading spiked to 8.7. Got told off by gynae. Went Mdm Kwan for dinner just now and ate their nasi lemak. Even after walking for an hour after dinner, my level is still 8.8. Oops.

Btw, any recommendations for nipple cream and nappy rash cream?

@happy08, please do watch your diet. My gynae also induced me 2-3 weeks earlier due to GDM,other than the fact that amniotic level getting lower and baby not growing much. Coz he said he had 2 patients who gave birth to babies stillborn due to GDM. Best is before 38 weeks.

@Sheran, my CL cooked mainly papaya fish soup, pig intestine soup, vegetables and mainly pork for first 10 days.

im 37.7 today. just started eating borage oil for 2 days. heard its helps cervix to efface, its the same as using EPO for effacement.

i read that it softens and ripens the cervix, and also reduce tearing. hoping that it helps in faster dilation since cervix is softened.

Saw gynae today at week 36. He said hat he will induced me 1-2 weeks before due date cos I've gestational diabetes. Ate glutinous rice dumpling last night and my reading spiked to 8.7. Got told off by gynae. Went Mdm Kwan for dinner just now and ate their nasi lemak. Even after walking for an hour after dinner, my level is still 8.8. Oops.

Btw, any recommendations for nipple cream and nappy rash cream?

How big ur baby is?
Nipple cream I bought mustella.. nappy rash cream was told desitin (blue) is good..

Hahaha frankly speaking i just having sex for the sake make my bb to come out. Hard to make move though with these elephant tummy, ask hubby to move lor. Hahahaha.

I dunno if eating pineapple would work but i heard eat pineapple can make contraction. But so far for me still dun see any effect yet. Lols
Haha... you so cute. had bloody discharge last night after the membrane sweep. And still have bits of spotting. Not sure if it was mucus plug. So now wait for contraction.

Hello mummies, Im new here. EDD 15 May. Came to see who else is waiting to D-day... anyone delivering at PEH?
Hi Natorangy... welcome. My EDD is 08 May but I'm 3-4cm dilated already, so now is to wait for it to dilate further and contraction before going hospital. I'm delivering in KKH

@happy08, i bot medela nipple cream cos tmc nv sell mustela brand. Did not expect this yr so many gift packs from tmc, especially diapers!! Gd to have during the hospital stay cos nipples was soooo sore!

@jjmom , ur swap test had blood? Ya gd to monitor... 3-4cm dilate any time pain start better go in. Haha, don end up like me no change take epi as long dilate over 6cm :(

@furbee... no no.. not swab test. Is membrane sweep. A membrane sweep is a way of trying to induce labour. Maybe doc doesn't want me to go overdue.

Doc insert a finger into the opening of cervix and firmly move her finger around to separate the membranes of the amniotic sac surrounding the baby from cervix. This will release hormones (prostaglandins) which may kick-start labour.
So perhaps its mucus plug and bloody show but I have no contraction yet Leh.

@furbee... no no.. not swab test. Is membrane sweep. A membrane sweep is a way of trying to induce labour. Maybe doc doesn't want me to go overdue.

Doc insert a finger into the opening of cervix and firmly move her finger around to separate the membranes of the amniotic sac surrounding the baby from cervix. This will release hormones (prostaglandins) which may kick-start labour.
Hmmm, I thought when we have bloody show, gonna go hospital already? That's what my dr told me, got blood just go... Which is what I did for #1.... I also didn't wait for contractions. Once I saw the blood, I just bathe and go delivery ward straight. Maybe you should go to be safe?

that sounds uncomfortable. my gynae did not do any VE to check my effacement and dilation. but im still feeling shy also. only did swab test ard 34 weeks as having too much tightening.

Hmmm, I thought when we have bloody show, gonna go hospital already? That's what my dr told me, got blood just go... Which is what I did for #1.... I also didn't wait for contractions. Once I saw the blood, I just bathe and go delivery ward straight. Maybe you should go to be safe?

For my #1, I had bloody show. Only have contractions a few days later after the show. Then I admit myself to hospital and still I had to be induced as I was dilating quite slowly. It was a 8 hours labour.

Going for gynane check-up today. W37+4d. Been delaying my VE check cos for #2-4 pregnancies, I will have real contractions after VE and went into labor. I will skip today cos want to enjoy my holiday.

Counting down one more day to May 2015.... Let's wish everyone a smooth delivery and for those mummies that already given birth, congrats! :) ....

I am so excited all of a sudden and today will be last day of work before counting down to the D-day! :)

@yveyve18, that's what I thought...need to go hospital immediately. But I called the nurse and she say if no heavy bleeding or contractions, can monitor at home till the above kicks in. Cos the bleeding and spotting might due to the membrane sweep that separates the sac from cervix.

@natorangy, yes.. its uncomfortable and actually kinda pain cos the gynae spare no strength to reach into the cervix.

Week 37. Yeah counting down to May! Time really flies and we'll soon be seeing our babies :) Although I hope I wont pop this coming week, gynae going holiday :/ So zun.

Going for gynae chkup later, hope boy boy is happily baking inside and will finally turn around to let me see his face during scan.

@jjmom wah you very cool le, if I see blood will panic liao haha! Cos hear second/third kid labour will be very fast. Yup monitor closely and rest well!

Nappy rash cream can use desitin blue one (the purple one smells horrible) I also use california baby calendula cream for everything else on bb e.g nappy rash, scratches, insect bites.

@happy08, please do watch your diet. My gynae also induced me 2-3 weeks earlier due to GDM,other than the fact that amniotic level getting lower and baby not growing much. Coz he said he had 2 patients who gave birth to babies stillborn due to GDM. Best is before 38 weeks.

@Sheran, my CL cooked mainly papaya fish soup, pig intestine soup, vegetables and mainly pork for first 10 days.

@yew_yew, ok will be careful with my diet. Have been controlling but tot will just try out those food. Better keep to simple food. Few weeks to go only. Tahan.

@happy08, i bot medela nipple cream cos tmc nv sell mustela brand. Did not expect this yr so many gift packs from tmc, especially diapers!! Gd to have during the hospital stay cos nipples was soooo sore!

@jjmom , ur swap test had blood? Ya gd to monitor... 3-4cm dilate any time pain start better go in. Haha, don end up like me no change take epi as long dilate over 6cm :(

@ Furbee, so you also prefer mustela nipple cream? I'm gg to deliver at Mt A so not sure if the gift packs will be as good as TMC. But most impt is the doctor's skills and safe delivery.

@cynn04, I did panic when I saw the blood but on second thots, it could be due to the procedure doc performed on me.. so called the nurse to double confirm. I was actually already on my way heading out to grab a cab Liao.. Wahahaha

@happy08 , actually i jus wanted try mustela cos heard of the gd reviews. Tried b4 tmc freebie nip cream(like nv help much), avent(i dun like) , medela(put on still sore frm the sucking).. So mayb need toughen abit n used to the cracks den will heal faster i supposed. Using breastmilk like abit wasted since tdy 3rd only...lol.
I tink shld have lotsa stuff too i supposed.. Hope it b of gd use! I even found a rubber changing mat inside d bag too. Lucky i nv buy...

@jjmom oh the membrane is quite thick leh. Wen i 10cm dilate the nurses say my membrane not soften/broken tat y waterbag nv break had to keep pushing till it breaks.. Like tat i think high chance u in labour sure very fast aso!! Lol.

anyone using medela breastpump? I wanna get bottles from amazon but issit no possible? they dont ship baby items internationally? anyone knows?

Me delivering at KKH.. dunno HV Bo. Better get something I prefer.. cos sometimes the hospital pharmacy no stock for some brand

does hospital give nipple cream?
I did not request from tmc. But they do have, if not u get from them the whole free tmc pack (baby wash, nappy lotion, nip cream, femine wash, etc) if u also deliver tmc...

@natorangy I been using freestyle since 2011. I bot my bottles from kulily.com. Fastest but may not b the cheapest. Baby fair did have promo but i didnt buy as i still using my old ones...very lasting... If u in a hurry den buy locally??

I did not request from tmc. But they do have, if not u get from them the whole free tmc pack (baby wash, nappy lotion, nip cream, femine wash, etc) if u also deliver tmc...

@natorangy I been using freestyle since 2011. I bot my bottles from kulily.com. Fastest but may not b the cheapest. Baby fair did have promo but i didnt buy as i still using my old ones...very lasting... If u in a hurry den buy locally??

thanks furbee. yea alrd bought some from kiddy palace. but amazon is so much cheaper. i might need quite a few as i have to express at work.
but while at kiddy palace one lady shopper told me she bought from
amazon. so im just wondering how she got from amazon.

Ladies.. wanna share this great thing with u. I got this fantastic fan and love it so much and bringing everywhere I go. Actually wanna get for my new baby but I use it instead. Really worth the money as its 3 different speed and handy to keep. I swear the wind power is very much better than those other handheld fan
http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/index.php?threads/172360/
Even my hubby say this is fantastic. I will be having 10units next week. anybody interested? And I'm also getting the clip on stroller type that can cool our little one too.

Sorry didn't know how to attached photo haha here u go

Attachments

• 1430374712677.jpg
    1430374712677.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 209
Finished my gynae appt, wk37 and bb weighs abt 2.5kg. Opps, guess e past 2wks weight gain is on myself! Better drink more avocado to fatten him up.

Asked my gynae if I shld quickly rush to labour ward if experience contractions cos this is e second one, he says even if contractions comes intensely abt 7-8min apart, likely reach hospital only 4cm or so dilated so no need to rush. Lol, why my gynae so not gan jiong wan.

Mommies who have popped, so far are your babies about the estimated weight provided by the gynae ultrasound scans when they were born?

Back