(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

I didn't think of the idea that can go back to parents/in-laws house to do confinement. Can we? Because I was thinking, do we need to let baby get used to the environment and also most of the baby stuff will be in our home, right? Will it be inconvenient to move or have another set of cot, baby supplies in another house?

actually ya.. this confinement thing is q tricky and I am wondering too. The arrangement has somewhat been fixed that my MIL and FIL will take care of the baby for us as they are both retirees and admittedly have been waiting til neck long for this. Plus their house is really nice and they are a Christian family so values wise the foundation is there.

But during maternity leave period im wondering if it is practical for hubs to send me and bb to their place every morning on his way to work, and we kinda be there til night time and return home after dinner. Cos our own flat is not that "conducive" for MIL to come over (we invested one room to be game and entertainment room, indulged in walk-in wardrobe, the other for random one and now need to clear as baby room) and I think they would be more comfortable in their own home.

maybe the downside is just that night times have to take care of baby on our own. anyone has similar arrangements? not sure if its practical

actually ya.. this confinement thing is q tricky and I am wondering too. The arrangement has somewhat been fixed that my MIL and FIL will take care of the baby for us as they are both retirees and admittedly have been waiting til neck long for this. Plus their house is really nice and they are a Christian family so values wise the foundation is there.

But during maternity leave period im wondering if it is practical for hubs to send me and bb to their place every morning on his way to work, and we kinda be there til night time and return home after dinner. Cos our own flat is not that "conducive" for MIL to come over (we invested one room to be game and entertainment room, indulged in walk-in wardrobe, the other for random one and now need to clear as baby room) and I think they would be more comfortable in their own home.

maybe the downside is just that night times have to take care of baby on our own. anyone has similar arrangements? not sure if its practical

Hi, yah, I just wondering if you have to travel there everyday during your confinement, will it be tiring for you? When out of confinement, then maybe it is not so bad? But maybe you want to stay in your own house and take care of baby on your own during maternity? After maternity then can send baby over everyday. :)

Hi, yah, I just wondering if you have to travel there everyday during your confinement, will it be tiring for you? When out of confinement, then maybe it is not so bad? But maybe you want to stay in your own house and take care of baby on your own during maternity? After maternity then can send baby over everyday. :)

heh ya its likely to be tiring right. we stay 15 minutes away from them. But i think they would wanna be be with their grandchild more and perhaps i get some help with the baby in the day? otherwise its just me and baby alone at home i might freak out when it cries non stop, lol. we have decided not to engage a CL because we have alternative views on "confinement".

i guess its you win some, you lose some. haha luckily still have a few months to plan

Anyone took flu vaccination? Gynae told me it's ok if I want to take and hubby wants me to take and says it's good for baby too, should I..?

i did..my clinic told me MOH recommend all pregnant ladies to take flu vaccination. of coz it is not compulsory. but i just did it anyway.

Me too.. Experience heartburn also..

Sometimes after makan like feel the food forever inside, never digest.. So uncomfortable..

Mtbs.. Im feeling pretty down..im in my 2nd trimester alr almost 16 weeks already and im still hving nausea n still burp quite a far bit.. I really wonder when it will stop.. Shldnt 2nd tri be the most enjoyable?

i did..my clinic told me MOH recommend all pregnant ladies to take flu vaccination. of coz it is not compulsory. but i just did it anyway.

I regret not taking. Kana flu virus twice from my #1 since jan. But saw news current vaccine only 30% effective, cos virus evolved. New imptove vaccine will release ard may. Maybe will go take when new one released.

Hi Mommies, i got a gift pack from my gynae's clinic this morning and there is a 20% off voucher from AVENT Philips that will expire on 25 Feb 2015. its for purchase at The Philips Experience showroom only (Toa Payoh).
Im not using it so if anyone wants it please let me know?

some T&Cs to note
- only valid for normal retail price item not applicable with other promos and offers
- valid for all AVENT products at the above showroom, excluding spare parts and accessories
- not exchangable for cash

The Showroom address: 620A Lorong 1 Toa payoh TP4 building level 1 S319762
Tel: 68823599

Opening hours
Mon - Fri 9am-7pm
Sat 9am-1pm
Closed on sunday and public holidat

Mommies, selling these brand new with tag maternity wear from asos coz too big for me.
Both uk size 12
Black dress at $35
White lace dress at
Pm if keen

Attachments

• 1423820961603.jpg
    1423820961603.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 206
  • 1423820975062.jpg
    1423820975062.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 200
I regret not taking. Kana flu virus twice from my #1 since jan. But saw news current vaccine only 30% effective, cos virus evolved. New imptove vaccine will release ard may. Maybe will go take when new one released.

Oh no, maybe I should just take it since it's ok .. Thank u:)

Fairytale1982>> i plan to do c-section in early Aug actually. :p so my bb will not be sharing birthday with dear Singapore. :p

When's your edd?

ya.. It is my 1st pregnancy..

So u see me in this forum asking alot of :confused::oops: questions..

Haha

Oh, it is cos i had 2 previous c-sects before so i naturally just opted for a 3rd one. :) And for c-sect, normally we go through on the 39th week.

Is this your 1st pregnancy?

Me 15weeks now..

Did harmony test when i was 12weeks.. Is team :cool: ..

Kiasu me went for genetic scan @ camden @ 14weeks, dr ananda say he saw a kkj.. But we couldnt reali figure tat out.. :oops:

Sorry, but why did u do Harmony test? I thought it wasnt necessary if you are below 35 or are at low risk?

My gynae did tel me the age thing is a 'guide' ..

He ever had few mothers in their 20s mtb who high risk for DS, & few mothers in their 40s whose risk index came back very low..

Then i also wanna 买一份安心 & partially i wanna know the gender before cny.. Hehe

Anyway hubby say do the harmony lor, i just go ahead..

Sorry, but why did u do Harmony test? I thought it wasnt necessary if you are below 35 or are at low risk?

My gynae did tel me the age thing is a 'guide' ..

He ever had few mothers in their 20s mtb who high risk for DS, & few mothers in their 40s whose risk index came back very low..

Then i also wanna 买一份安心 & partially i wanna know the gender before cny.. Hehe

Anyway hubby say do the harmony lor, i just go ahead..

Oh i see. My gynae went through the normal scan during my 12 weeks and saw my bb is a girl. And from scan she could tell brain development, heart development etc was good so chance for DS is almost nil. But i can understand why u wanted the harmony test.

Frankly if my scans didnt bode very well, i would opt for Harmony test to be super sure.

heh ya its likely to be tiring right. we stay 15 minutes away from them. But i think they would wanna be be with their grandchild more and perhaps i get some help with the baby in the day? otherwise its just me and baby alone at home i might freak out when it cries non stop, lol. we have decided not to engage a CL because we have alternative views on "confinement".

i guess its you win some, you lose some. haha luckily still have a few months to plan
U r lucky to have pil who r willing to take care of your child.
For me, it is a NO NO to park my 2nd one wif my mol.. we have different views since the 1st one, n i think tat has created a crack in our relationship. how i wish my inlaws have modern thinking. Haha!

Mtbs.. Im feeling pretty down..im in my 2nd trimester alr almost 16 weeks already and im still hving nausea n still burp quite a far bit.. I really wonder when it will stop.. Shldnt 2nd tri be the most enjoyable?

hihi i am also at week 16. i vomit since week 6 till not. at week 15 it stopped for a week and den came back again. but lesser ow. once a day only. used to be 3 to 4 times a day

ha I MIA for a week cos overseas and missed like 10 pages. still catching up!

Did my 15w checkup today and from the scan my gynae say high possibility its a girl though its always more definite with boy babies (got kukubird means boy, dont have could be hiding)... cos baby was active and legs super open so she could see from many angles, including buttock upwards.. studied the genetalia and explain to us the likelihood

Hubby and I super HAPPY! (cos we plan to have only 1 and we have always wanted a girl)
So.. a great Vday and CNY for us!

we didnt do harmony cos abortion is out of the question, so gynae suggest we chill chill and take it easy. I like her approach.. dont wanna kiasu or worry more than necessary

congrats... i need some baby dust :p

U r lucky to have pil who r willing to take care of your child.
For me, it is a NO NO to park my 2nd one wif my mol.. we have different views since the 1st one, n i think tat has created a crack in our relationship. how i wish my inlaws have modern thinking. Haha!

actually PILs and I have a great relationship so far but this is our #1 and #1 grandchild for them. Im frankly a lil worried that we will have friction if there are different views in taking care of the kid. though they are very modern in thinking, my mil is a kind soul and fil is very practical like me. Like we just told them from the scan the baby looks to be a girl, they are v happy still even though my hubs is like the only grandchild... so .. crossing fingers

but i have to admit its hard to find in laws who are modern thinking.. even my own parents are not so! so i know the chances
Did you and MIL have any differences before your #1?

I got along well with my parents and in laws however when it comes to upbringing of my gal, our views really differ.

If we are talking about love and concern, my parents love my gal more than I do.
There's absolutely no worries when it comes to hygiene, food and health.
My mum will make sure that my girl has the most nutritious meal going to the market to buy fresh threadfin for her as early as 6 while my dad will buy her whatever she wants.

However discipline will be the main issue for both sides of the grandparents.

Even now, my parents regard my girl (9yr old) as a baby. Can u imagine my girl was still wearing diapers at night and take pacifier at age of 4? There was no right moment to wean. They will give in to whatever nonsense she demand.

So if the grandparents are the caregiver, the area of concern will be:
1. Will they be firm enough not to give in to the whims of the children and say "no" if they refused to eat from their own bowl, throwing tantrums in the public even if they are still babies/toddlers? Be firm enough not to pick up toys for the kids and insisted that they must clear up for themselves.
2. Will they interfere when the kid run to them for "help" when the parents scold them?
3. Will they spoilt the child by buying unnecessary stuff for them?
4. Are they willing to sing the same sync when the parents discipline the kid?
5. Will they be firm enough not to treat them like babies and will not hesitate to spank/lecture for the good sake of the child?

These are area that both of my in laws and parents failed in. Both my mum and mil took sides and asked me not to be too harsh with her. Both grandparents also like to give her $ but luckily she know how to save up in her piggy bank.
My dad is even worse, he never scold me before but once he got really very angry when I slapped my girl.

I also wish to be a doting mum but there will always be a clear line between doting and teaching the right values.

actually PILs and I have a great relationship so far but this is our #1 and #1 grandchild for them. Im frankly a lil worried that we will have friction if there are different views in taking care of the kid. though they are very modern in thinking, my mil is a kind soul and fil is very practical like me. Like we just told them from the scan the baby looks to be a girl, they are v happy still even though my hubs is like the only grandchild... so .. crossing fingers

but i have to admit its hard to find in laws who are modern thinking.. even my own parents are not so! so i know the chances
Did you and MIL have any differences before your #1?
Before my nbr 1, relationship was still ok although i dun like some of her habits but i didnt bother to say anything. But when bb arrived, it juz got worse..

I got along well with my parents and in laws however when it comes to upbringing of my gal, our views really differ.

If we are talking about love and concern, my parents love my gal more than I do.
There's absolutely no worries when it comes to hygiene, food and health.
My mum will make sure that my girl has the most nutritious meal going to the market to buy fresh threadfin for her as early as 6 while my dad will buy her whatever she wants.

However discipline will be the main issue for both sides of the grandparents.

Even now, my parents regard my girl (9yr old) as a baby. Can u imagine my girl was still wearing diapers at night and take pacifier at age of 4? There was no right moment to wean. They will give in to whatever nonsense she demand.

So if the grandparents are the caregiver, the area of concern will be:
1. Will they be firm enough not to give in to the whims of the children and say "no" if they refused to eat from their own bowl, throwing tantrums in the public even if they are still babies/toddlers? Be firm enough not to pick up toys for the kids and insisted that they must clear up for themselves.
2. Will they interfere when the kid run to them for "help" when the parents scold them?
3. Will they spoilt the child by buying unnecessary stuff for them?
4. Are they willing to sing the same sync when the parents discipline the kid?
5. Will they be firm enough not to treat them like babies and will not hesitate to spank/lecture for the good sake of the child?

These are area that both of my in laws and parents failed in. Both my mum and mil took sides and asked me not to be too harsh with her. Both grandparents also like to give her $ but luckily she know how to save up in her piggy bank.
My dad is even worse, he never scold me before but once he got really very angry when I slapped my girl.

I also wish to be a doting mum but there will always be a clear line between doting and teaching the right values.
i feel in pil dun respect my views n becoz mil think she has experience in taking care of children donkey years back, whatever she said or do, she deem as correct.
so best is dun see them then i wont complain. Haha!

Just got my Oscar results. T21 for DS is 1:650 but they found a loculated area of fluid in my tummy(not womb). Anyone has experience?
Gynae says I can go for harmony test is I feel unsettled

i feel in pil dun respect my views n becoz mil think she has experience in taking care of children donkey years back, whatever she said or do, she deem as correct.
so best is dun see them then i wont complain. Haha!

I have been keeping quiet for years but recently, I am more direct and I feel that it's better to be more verbal rather than to build resentment over the years. Just don't bear grudges.
Should have done this at the last workplace and not let them tread me like a doormat and on my last day of work, I treated my senior the same way of how she treated me, feel so wonderful. :p:D

Last edited:
I have been keeping quiet for years but recently, I am more direct and I feel that it's better to be more verbal rather than to build resentment over the years. Just don't bear grudges.
Should have done this at the last workplace and not let them tread me like a doormat and on my last day of work, I treated my senior the same way of how she treated me, feel so wonderful. :p:D
It was later part when i was more direct but that doesnt work on the stubborn folks. Give up.

Hi all, anyone eating multi-vit from gynae and feel uncomfortable? I have been eating for a couple of days but I realized each time I eat, I feel like vomiting, anyone feeling the same? :(

Hi all, anyone eating multi-vit from gynae and feel uncomfortable? I have been eating for a couple of days but I realized each time I eat, I feel like vomiting, anyone feeling the same? :(
Are u still having morning sickness? Could it be due to that? I take preserved ginger slices if I feel nauseous. Feels that it works better than sour plums

Are u still having morning sickness? Could it be due to that? I take preserved ginger slices if I feel nauseous. Feels that it works better than sour plums

Yes still having morning sickness but tried to avoid food that spike it more.. Oh yes sour plums don't work for me too! Shall try the preserved ginger slices. Thanks lots!:)

Me too. I saw that the instructions have to take before food and i think this feels worse for me. Vomited once after I took and have been avoiding since then. Sigh.

Back