(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

i didnt have cl for #1 and #2 .. doable... but need mil or mum to cook. hb do housework. i tc of baby myself
You are super.. Can handle 2 and no CL! My #1 was a cranky loud newborn, cried a lot n super demanding. I almost go into depression bcos of his crying during my confinement. Hardly sleep at all n cried together with him..keke.

Pray hard this #2 will be a 'softer' baby..

just discussed with my hubby to request a month AL with me during my confinement. Cuz I have no CL and IL to help me. Will be hiring maid as mentioned before. So probably my hubby can take turns at night to help me or during day time to feed baby. I know we need alot of rest however, I will have to endure. Hopefully I can get full support from my hubby and "panda" eyes together wahahaha....

I also asked my husband if he can take one month AL to help me with confinement but he cant and somemore may have important work assignments during my confinement period. With your husband to help you, I am sure you can manage. :)
Hopefully I will get a good CL soon.

i scanned last sat on 12 weeks preg and doc told me there's a fibroid in my womb...anyone experince with this kind of situation before?if its grow,will i gv birth to premature baby? I just pray nothing serious and hope dis coming preganancy will go on smoothly..

My wife is having a fibroid too. Ask the doctor she say should be no issues just close monitoring. After staying in hospital for 2 days, the doctors came to review this morning. Bleeding is much lesser and can hear the strong heartbeat of the baby on the machine. Doc say its a scare.should be fine for now and she can be discharge later. Thanks all for support and kind wishes :)

Just curious.. Did anyone of u visit chinese sin-seh for medication or herb, even thou bb is okay.

For more extra nutrition or whatever?

Last edited:
Hi mummies, I'm gg 14 wks tmr, can add me to fb? my email add is [email protected] thank you! also curious any of you have got rashes @ this stage? my rashes, red small bumps, started from tummy then now limbs.. still bearable for the itch though..

Just curious.. Did anyone of u visit chinese sin-seh for medication or herb, even thou bb is okay.

For more nutrition or whatever?
I'm also still thinking whether to go back to my sin seh for medication too.. but till now still haven't find chance to go back cos got to queue very long...

Hi mummies, I'm gg 14 wks tmr, can add me to fb? my email add is [email protected] thank you! also curious any of you have got rashes @ this stage? my rashes, red small bumps, started from tummy then now limbs.. still bearable for the itch though..

I have some too, on my arms. I not sure is it due to pregnancy (think it is possible) or is it my body's reaction towards weather because I encountered before. Maybe you can apply your stretch mark cream, I do that too and it helps abit. :)

I have some too, on my arms. I not sure is it due to pregnancy (think it is possible) or is it my body's reaction towards weather because I encountered before. Maybe you can apply your stretch mark cream, I do that too and it helps abit. :)
thank you piggling.. probably really due to pregnancy.. will try on the cream or oil..

My wife is having a fibroid too. Ask the doctor she say should be no issues just close monitoring. After staying in hospital for 2 days, the doctors came to review this morning. Bleeding is much lesser and can hear the strong heartbeat of the baby on the machine. Doc say its a scare.should be fine for now and she can be discharge later. Thanks all for support and kind wishes :)

Glad to hear that..All the best to u and wife...

You are super.. Can handle 2 and no CL! My #1 was a cranky loud newborn, cried a lot n super demanding. I almost go into depression bcos of his crying during my confinement. Hardly sleep at all n cried together with him..keke.

Pray hard this #2 will be a 'softer' baby..

my #1 very independent and quite guai so ez to tc :)

actually i have few friends who dun go for oscar too.. coz they say no matter what they are going to keep the baby so no need for tests

Just went for Oscar test yesterday at NUH.. Have to wait till next week for results...

Cost for Oscar test at NUH was $267.50

I went for my OSCAR test on Tuesday at TMC, costed me s $495.40 (including a FA Package P6). Dunno what's that..... they say it's another scan in April.

Think is detailed scan of bb.. I also got the same package as you..

Just received a call from my gynae. OSCAR test results shows 1:299 risk of Down Syndrome (1:300 is considered safe/normal). (T^T)
He's asking me whether I want to do further blood test (est. S $1k++)

Any advice? TIA

Just received a call from my gynae. OSCAR test results shows 1:299 risk of Down Syndrome (1:300 is considered safe/normal). (T^T)

Any advice? TIA
What blood test? Is it harmony? If yes, I would say go for it.
Did your gynae explain what pulls down the ratio? Blood test or scan?

What blood test? Is it harmony? If yes, I would say go for it.
Did your gynae explain what pulls down the ratio? Blood test or scan?

He didn't say what's the further tests. For a 38 year old, the ratio is 1:175, mine is 1:299 which the risk is already lowered ...
He said if I feel safe, don't need to go for tests, if I don't feel safe then go for further blood test.
Aiyo... so confused!

He didn't say what's the further tests. For a 38 year old, the ratio is 1:175, mine is 1:299 which the risk is already lowered ...
He said if I feel safe, don't need to go for tests, if I don't feel safe then go for further blood test.
Aiyo... so confused!
I see your ratio is not that bad. Another way is to wait for the 20th week scan. By then should be able to see more clearly of the baby.

I see your ratio is not that bad. Another way is to wait for the 20th week scan. By then should be able to see more clearly of the baby.

Aiyo... so confused!

Agree with Hlixian, your ratio is only 1 number away from the minimum cut off of 1:300.
I think a further harmony test perhaps can calm you down earlier as you can do harmony right away.
But if you intend to keep the baby no matter what, then maybe Hlixian's suggestion of waiting to the 20th week scan is good too.
I would think an important thing to consider is whether what you will do if you know the results are really not favourable. If you would keep the baby no matter what, then skipping the harmony test can reduce costs for you. But if you really need the peace of mind, then I would say, money can be earned back, most important is you feel at ease.

Take care and take your time to think through. Have you discussed it with your husband?

Agree with Hlixian, your ratio is only 1 number away from the minimum cut off of 1:300.
I think a further harmony test perhaps can calm you down earlier as you can do harmony right away.
But if you intend to keep the baby no matter what, then maybe Hlixian's suggestion of waiting to the 20th week scan is good too.
I would think an important thing to consider is whether what you will do if you know the results are really not favourable. If you would keep the baby no matter what, then skipping the harmony test can reduce costs for you. But if you really need the peace of mind, then I would say, money can be earned back, most important is you feel at ease.

Take care and take your time to think through. Have you discussed it with your husband?

Thanks Piggling, Thanks Hlixian.
Will discuss with hubby tonight before deciding.

My friend wants to bring me to go and pray to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang (注生娘娘) tomorrow...

My friend wants to bring me to go and pray to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang (注生娘娘) tomorrow...

No problem. I think can go pray pray. Don't worry, hope everything will run smoothly for you.

Any advice? TIA

further blood test should be harmony. dun think so much and go for it..

i have friends who had high risk but sometimes its due to the person who measure didnt do a good job.. they gave birth to healthy baby

actually i have few friends who dun go for oscar too.. coz they say no matter what they are going to keep the baby so no need for tests

That's how I think so.. 我觉的一切听天由命better..... Because I afraid I might go bonkers if the result isn't favorable to me.

Hope all mummies to be are doing well :) I have finally crossed my first trimester. Can Mummyof3jays pls add me to the fb group? Thanks! :)

Mtbs.. Im feeling pretty down..im in my 2nd trimester alr almost 16 weeks already and im still hving nausea n still burp quite a far bit.. I really wonder when it will stop.. Shldnt 2nd tri be the most enjoyable?

Anyone took flu vaccination? Gynae told me it's ok if I want to take and hubby wants me to take and says it's good for baby too, should I..?

Go pray pray is good, I go waterloo st there and pray to 观音娘娘 too.

Mtbs.. Im feeling pretty down..im in my 2nd trimester alr almost 16 weeks already and im still hving nausea n still burp quite a far bit.. I really wonder when it will stop.. Shldnt 2nd tri be the most enjoyable?

Me too coming to 19th weeks, still feeling nausea at night but slightly better. I hope it won't follow me throughout my pregnancy.

ha I MIA for a week cos overseas and missed like 10 pages. still catching up!

Did my 15w checkup today and from the scan my gynae say high possibility its a girl though its always more definite with boy babies (got kukubird means boy, dont have could be hiding)... cos baby was active and legs super open so she could see from many angles, including buttock upwards.. studied the genetalia and explain to us the likelihood

Hubby and I super HAPPY! (cos we plan to have only 1 and we have always wanted a girl)
So.. a great Vday and CNY for us!

we didnt do harmony cos abortion is out of the question, so gynae suggest we chill chill and take it easy. I like her approach.. dont wanna kiasu or worry more than necessary

Chg topic for a while ..

I believe most of u shd be ard 11w-15w preggy now.

If u r into 2nd trimester liao, & a friend casually ask if u r preggy, would u admit? Or u will like avoid the question?

Just curious...

late reply here.. will admit to anyone who guessed. q stable stage plus showing... I thought mine not obvious but was spotted by an air crew on flight (made me sign indemnity form), and a food stall boss today. BOTH GUYS!
they are getting good at this. Gals on the other hand keep saying "ey u not obvious" lol.

Back