(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

Me too. I saw that the instructions have to take before food and i think this feels worse for me. Vomited once after I took and have been avoiding since then. Sigh.

After I finished my supplement, don't think I want to take again, always feel like puking after taking it.

I feel like carrying a potty out, went toilet so many times o_O

Yes still having morning sickness but tried to avoid food that spike it more.. Oh yes sour plums don't work for me too! Shall try the preserved ginger slices. Thanks lots!:)
For me the more I wanted to avoid the more I crave for them. Like laksa and curry and Tom yum. Hope ms goes away soon:)

Yes..

Bought from guardian.. Iirc, less than $35

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 206
Maybe wait 45min-1hr instead after meal to consume the tablets..

Yah, thinking to try consume after food again.

After I finished my supplement, don't think I want to take again, always feel like puking after taking it.

I feel like carrying a potty out, went toilet so many times o_O

Think with stil some bit of MS left, taking multi vit can be horrible.

There was a period of time I keep going toilet too. Think it will probably increase again in 3rd trimester.

Hi all, anyone eating multi-vit from gynae and feel uncomfortable? I have been eating for a couple of days but I realized each time I eat, I feel like vomiting, anyone feeling the same? :(

Yes I totally feel uncomfortable after supplements. I have 4 different kinds, Fish Oil, Calcium, Folic Acid and Prenatal Vits.

Every time I look at and took them I felt like puking. I did a lil research realized that overdose of iron and folic acid can cause nausea. I have felt fine on days I skipped them.

Seriously, I don't know if it's just my bad MS or the supplements. But I will try whatever I can to end this terrible MS. So speaking with my Gynae on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Are you all taking fish oil too?

You will smell a fishy ordor when you burp in the next few hours. Apparently, it is good for your babies brain development cos of DHA. If you feel unwell, don't take so much.

Our parents didn't have all these modern day supplements, medicine wasn't so advance but most of us turned out fine.

Last edited:
When and how we can know the baby gender? Is it only through the detailed scan like some mummies mentioned?

You can do that with an advance blood test somewhat like the Oscar Test. Your blood will be sent over to lab in USA. It is meant to scan for advance genetic problems but that can tell baby's sex with certainty at 10 weeks. Cost about $1900.

I thot that is the harmony test??

Oscar test doesnt screen for the gender..

You can do that with an advance blood test somewhat like the Oscar Test. Your blood will be sent over to lab in USA. It is meant to scan for advance genetic problems but that can tell baby's sex with certainty at 10 weeks. Cost about $1900.

Good morning!

I remember seeing a post where someone collated all the promotions / goodie bags for sg50 babies, can re-post or PM me pls? Somehow I cannot find it anymore.

Thanks!

I got along well with my parents and in laws however when it comes to upbringing of my gal, our views really differ.

If we are talking about love and concern, my parents love my gal more than I do.
There's absolutely no worries when it comes to hygiene, food and health.
My mum will make sure that my girl has the most nutritious meal going to the market to buy fresh threadfin for her as early as 6 while my dad will buy her whatever she wants.

However discipline will be the main issue for both sides of the grandparents.

Even now, my parents regard my girl (9yr old) as a baby. Can u imagine my girl was still wearing diapers at night and take pacifier at age of 4? There was no right moment to wean. They will give in to whatever nonsense she demand.

So if the grandparents are the caregiver, the area of concern will be:
1. Will they be firm enough not to give in to the whims of the children and say "no" if they refused to eat from their own bowl, throwing tantrums in the public even if they are still babies/toddlers? Be firm enough not to pick up toys for the kids and insisted that they must clear up for themselves.
2. Will they interfere when the kid run to them for "help" when the parents scold them?
3. Will they spoilt the child by buying unnecessary stuff for them?
4. Are they willing to sing the same sync when the parents discipline the kid?
5. Will they be firm enough not to treat them like babies and will not hesitate to spank/lecture for the good sake of the child?

These are area that both of my in laws and parents failed in. Both my mum and mil took sides and asked me not to be too harsh with her. Both grandparents also like to give her $ but luckily she know how to save up in her piggy bank.
My dad is even worse, he never scold me before but once he got really very angry when I slapped my girl.

I also wish to be a doting mum but there will always be a clear line between doting and teaching the right values.

thanks for the great heads up! yes i heard a common issue with parents becoming grandparents -- they are really too soft with the kids. And I really believe in discipline because I cannot take bratty behaviour!

and its not easy telling in laws when you have differences in opinion like raising kids.
I can picture most mothers will go "i raised you/your husband this way, he turned out okay" and thats like the ultimate winning card to shut us up. I think my own mum would be this sort already so I can empathize with anyone with a difficult MIL ...

You will smell a fishy ordor when you burp in the next few hours. Apparently, it is good for your babies brain development cos of DHA. If you feel unwell, don't take so much.

Our parents didn't have all these modern day supplements, medicine wasn't so advance but most of us turned out fine.
Ya fish oil always make me burp and get acid reflux. But anything for the baby. Haha

Random shout--- CNY coming up mommies! prepare for lots of advice/nagging/bugging from relatives ... haha

maybe we should all prepare for our pet peeve comments before we go berserk

mine
- how can you still keep your dogs now that you are having a baby?!
- huh girl? your husband is an only child/grandchild, u must try for a boy next!
- you must not eat AAA, BBB, CCC..... ZZZZZ
- or, just anything that starts with "you should....."

i agree. in fact my gynae was q cute when she started issuing me DHA supplements at 11w. she said she doesnt really know what to think , giving more because now ppl are asking for it. but if we think back our mothers didnt have to take DHA and are we very retarded?

plus the capsules are super big. hate swallowing them. I have been falling behind in eating them. will only make it a point to take iron and calcium cos more essential,

Hi all. Thanks for all ur prayers. Me and my wife will be leaving this forum for the time being. We lost our baby last night. She will be doing the procedure and going home after that.

Random shout--- CNY coming up mommies! prepare for lots of advice/nagging/bugging from relatives ... haha

maybe we should all prepare for our pet peeve comments before we go berserk

mine
- how can you still keep your dogs now that you are having a baby?!
- huh girl? your husband is an only child/grandchild, u must try for a boy next!
- you must not eat AAA, BBB, CCC..... ZZZZZ
- or, just anything that starts with "you should....."

I only have this - How's your morning sickness. Are you feeling better?

Like a curse, I will have a bad episode the next day.

i agree. in fact my gynae was q cute when she started issuing me DHA supplements at 11w. she said she doesnt really know what to think , giving more because now ppl are asking for it. but if we think back our mothers didnt have to take DHA and are we very retarded?

plus the capsules are super big. hate swallowing them. I have been falling behind in eating them. will only make it a point to take iron and calcium cos more essential,
I hate taking pills. Always need to force myself to swollow. V difficult.. keep wanting to puke out. feels yucky.

Hi all. Thanks for all ur prayers. Me and my wife will be leaving this forum for the time being. We lost our baby last night. She will be doing the procedure and going home after that.

Hi Conybrown, very very sorry to hear the news. Hope your wife recovers her health soon, thats the most important for now.

I hate taking pills. Always need to force myself to swollow. V difficult.. keep wanting to puke out. feels yucky.

maybe still having a little MS? have you tried throwing your head back with a gulp of water so that the pill goes down without you having to consiously swallow? cos i can imagine swallowing can cause gagging...

jiayou..

I am sorry to hear this. :( please take good care of yourself and your wife and rest well. Hugs to both of you.

Sorry to hear abt your loss. Take good care of your wife and remember to take some tonic.

Sorry to know about your loss. Please ensure your wife had lots of rest and do a mini confinement in the meantime to build up her body.

Should any1 intend to hire a maid, u can try to contact Dylan @96490891 from 1 Assist Agency. His service is good and agency fee reasonable. Pls understand that I am not affiliated to him and do not earn any comm from him. Must say so far the maid that we got from him is hardworking and had been with us for 1 year+. ;)

I'm so sorry to hear that, can't imagine what it's like. Take care of yourself and your wife.

Thanks all. It's a tormented time. Everything seems fine before it happened. We still saw the baby moved and heartbeat on Tuesday. Then last night she sneeze and something just came out. Taking a look it seems like the fetus. Rush her to kkh and can't detect the baby inside. Ultrasound in the morning with a confirmation from her gynae that it is a miscarriage. We were devastated, but still have to go through the d&c procedure. Now still at kkh monitoring

Thanks all. It's a tormented time. Everything seems fine before it happened. We still saw the baby moved and heartbeat on Tuesday. Then last night she sneeze and something just came out. Taking a look it seems like the fetus. Rush her to kkh and can't detect the baby inside. Ultrasound in the morning with a confirmation from her gynae that it is a miscarriage. We were devastated, but still have to go through the d&c procedure. Now still at kkh monitoring

So sorry to hear about your loss, u both have to stay strong for each other.
Its good for your wife to have a mini confinement of about 2 weeks to replenish her health n nutrients.

I'm so sorry to read about this very sudden loss. This is an extremely difficult time for the both of you. Did the doctor explain how this could have happened?

Please take good care. Hugs.May God bless and comfort you all.

I'm so sorry to read about this very sudden loss. This is an extremely difficult time for the both of you. Did the doctor explain how this could have happened?
Doc dun understand why did it happen also cos all was well a few days ago when he checked. Maybe is the fibroid, maybe is the leep cone biopsy she did 2 years ago. cant really explain.

Back