Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

I am at 34 weeks with my twins, a boy and a girl. Waiting to hit the 37 weeks mark, then safe for delivery.

I tried ivf at KKH in 2013 under dr Sadhana but was not successful. Fresh embryos did not stick and the frozen embryos disintegrated upon thawing. In 2014, I went private and tried ivf at raffles. And now I'm carrying the results. So for those whose first try does not work out, please take heart that it's not the end of the journey. Of course, you would feel devastated but pick yourself up and try again.

Last edited:
I am at 34 weeks with my twins, a boy and a girl. Waiting to hit the 37 weeks mark, then safe for delivery.

I tried ivf at KKH in 2013 under dr Sadhana but was not successful. Fresh embryos did not stick and the frozen embryos disintegrated upon thawing. In 2014, I went private and tried ivf at raffles. And now I'm carrying the results. So for those whose first try does not work out, please take heart that it's not the end of the journey. Of course, you would feel devastated but pick yourself up and try again.

Wah! Twins! A boy and a gal some more!
I was really hope I can have twins!

anyone knows if I see doc sad during 1st trimester.. does she do ultra scan in her room at clinic d?

jennaw. not sure.. I hv not gone for another scan except one at 5 weeks which they hear heartbeat. tcm? ask gynae for their professional advice?

Last edited:
Weak heartbeat and rate can't be recorded, HCG level rising v slowly & fetus not growing well. I am 7.5 weeks and CRL only 4mm. What can be done to boost the development? Any advice on diet or supplements to boost results?

How about drink more milk? Take more vitamin? N rest more

anyone knows if I see doc sad during 1st trimester.. does she do ultra scan in her room at clinic d?

jennaw. not sure.. I hv not gone for another scan except one at 5 weeks which they hear heartbeat. tcm? ask gynae for their professional advice?

Yes she will scan in her room to check babys growth. she even allow hb to take vedio of scanning:)

Weak heartbeat and rate can't be recorded, HCG level rising v slowly & fetus not growing well. I am 7.5 weeks and CRL only 4mm. What can be done to boost the development? Any advice on diet or supplements to boost results?

Hi JennaW, try making chicken essence at home every 2 days as it helps to boost HCG, rest lots and keep talking to baby. Hang in there!

@JennaW r u still on inserts? if so how much dosage? Maybe ask ur doc if need to give extra insert support to support bb growth? yes meanwhile take chicken essence, more protein food like fish/chicken ..

@JennaW r u still on inserts? if so how much dosage? Maybe ask ur doc if need to give extra insert support to support bb growth? yes meanwhile take chicken essence, more protein food like fish/chicken ..

Thank you chris. Dr didnt give me inserts, only prescribed duphaston for me. i will pay attention to choice of foods and pray hard. Now taking tsb tcm meds as well.

Thanks Snow. Do you mean milk powder formula for mummies? Now I'm only taking folic acid & duphaston- not sure what else is gd to take.

U can try taking that now, after ur bb stable Liao u can switch to fresh milk to gain more calcium.

Hello! I'm brand new to this forum. The nice ladies over at ivf/ICSI recommended this forum. I just got a BFP on Thursday & I've been a ball of confusion & fear & worry ever since den....
My next BT is on coming Thursday & u/s is only in 2 weeks time. I don't "feel" preggy yet. Ms haven't start but I keep having nausea...
Any idea how to calculate which week I'm at now?

Hello! I'm brand new to this forum. The nice ladies over at ivf/ICSI recommended this forum. I just got a BFP on Thursday & I've been a ball of confusion & fear & worry ever since den....
My next BT is on coming Thursday & u/s is only in 2 weeks time. I don't "feel" preggy yet. Ms haven't start but I keep having nausea...
Use an online calculator. Just google "ivf calculator"

Welcome aboard idazah! I won't worry abt the edd. It's just an estimation. When I was supposedly 12w1d, my baby's size was close to 13 weeks so I'm guessing I'll pop earlier. Ms hit me hard at 10 weeks. Started at 8 weeks but it was really tough from week 10 to 12. Now in my 13 weeks, it is getting better. Not much nausea in the evenings anymore. Finally get to enjoy my food.

Hi congrats!! I hv been using this link: http://www.ivf.ca/duedate.php

Welcome aboard idazah! I won't worry abt the edd. It's just an estimation. When I was supposedly 12w1d, my baby's size was close to 13 weeks so I'm guessing I'll pop earlier. Ms hit me hard at 10 weeks. Started at 8 weeks but it was really tough from week 10 to 12. Now in my 13 weeks, it is getting better. Not much nausea in the evenings anymore. Finally get to enjoy my food.

Oh oh! So maybe it's early for ms den. Okie...I'm not too worried abt EDD but a bit anxious to know how many weeks so I can track online & also read up more week by week. Haha

I see. Roland is the best person to tell you then. I downloaded a couple of apps so I can read abt baby's devt too. Baby center is one of them. All the best babe. The worries never ends. First we worry if we would conceive. Then if stays snug inside for 1st trimester. After that, the results of oscar, detailed scan and then if then if the baby is alive and kicking. It's a good thing though. Motherhood has begun! You would make a great mommy!

Oh oh! So maybe it's early for ms den. Okie...I'm not too worried abt EDD but a bit anxious to know how many weeks so I can track online & also read up more week by week. Haha
Congrats!! Yes there are apps u can download to monitor the progress. I use the one which compares ur baby to a fruit (thought qt cute). Just google in the app centre and see which one u like!

Hi hi idazah! Yup worries never ends...i myself didn really get the doppler cos i actually goes scanning every 2 weeks or so..in between i just put hands over tummy and talk to bbs/feel for bubbling sensations..i think my this method not useful lah lol but it gave me some assurance mentally..my bro lent me his stethoscope but i read that can be used when bbs are bigger..cos now i hear only bubbles sounds or digesting sounds..or my own heartbeat lol.

hi mei how hv u been? Seldom see u at the june thread hehe
Ok, just more busy at work. I am reading the June thread just nv comment much ;) but glad to see everyone is progressing well. I can feel movement more often this week, at least a few times a day...

Hai.. New to this forum. I am 15week now. As sisters mentioned, worry never end. I went see dr every three week, and just one day after seeing bub, i start worry again, also still cant feel him and my baby bump is very small compare to my other friend.

Glad to be able to join in this forum.

I see. Roland is the best person to tell you then. I downloaded a couple of apps so I can read abt baby's devt too. Baby center is one of them. All the best babe. The worries never ends. First we worry if we would conceive. Then if stays snug inside for 1st trimester. After that, the results of oscar, detailed scan and then if then if the baby is alive and kicking. It's a good thing though. Motherhood has begun! You would make a great mommy!

Haha! So true @chuckles & @chrisl
Worrying never ends. Maybe I can have peace of mind after my first u/s. Which is an agonizing wait of 1.5 more weeks.

Will check it out @hi_mei

Hi all

I m oso new to this forum. Just about week 5, and seeing dr Yu this coming fri for scan. So nervous and can't wait! Wanted to check with u gals, I have on n off cramp , I wonder if this is normal. In addition, my stomach is bloated n already big though I m only week 5, I can say I only fit into 20% of my clothes. Is it normal??

Ok, just more busy at work. I am reading the June thread just nv comment much ;) but glad to see everyone is progressing well. I can feel movement more often this week, at least a few times a day...
Oic hehe just dun overwork..hv some breaktime/toilet break in between if possible:) hv to try to enjoy our pregnancy since ours dun come easy:):) oh! So nice to feel the movements! U got record down when/where in journal not?

I hv been keeping one to document but I cannot say i really feel anything yet except for some flutterings but yesterday night i was watch a micheal bolton music video on youtube and sang along then out of the sudden i felt like someone was tapping me on the insides of my tummy! Lol i was stunned a bit wahaha..but not sure if it is bb movement or my imagination cos bb centre said around 18 weeks can feel while im just 17weeks+..

Mummies since all of u are first time mummy. Let mi tell u something abt baby wearing.

Next time when ur bb are born pls don't get a hip seat, bjorn and front facing carrier. It's not good for their spine development.

There's a babywearing community in the facebook. U can join to know more abt babywearing.

There's also Breast feeding group which u mummies can join to know more n get more knowledge. But sometimes u also will read abt some stupid question also haha forgive mi for being so straight forward

I'm going to wk36, lots of mummies start to pop from the feb mum thread.. Really getting nervous.

Ms symptom is no fun.. If you don't have it.. It's a blessing.. This morning I gotten a gastric attack.. So pain till can't get up. Finally eaten a Panadol to tahan the journey to see dr.

Wk5, might be due to bloating.. I can't fit my clothings at end of first tri. Whole body expanded!

Hi all

I m oso new to this forum. Just about week 5, and seeing dr Yu this coming fri for scan. So nervous and can't wait! Wanted to check with u gals, I have on n off cramp , I wonder if this is normal. In addition, my stomach is bloated n already big though I m only week 5, I can say I only fit into 20% of my clothes. Is it normal??

Cramp on n off is normal because the uterus is expanding for the bb. As long there's no staining is ok.

Hai.. New to this forum. I am 15week now. As sisters mentioned, worry never end. I went see dr every three week, and just one day after seeing bub, i start worry again, also still cant feel him and my baby bump is very small compare to my other friend.

Glad to be able to join in this forum.
Hi straw! Same too! Sometimes wish tummy is transparent lol hmm some ladies de bump is pretty small..think hv to do with the fats on tummy area before preggy time..my case i was already big size lol even not preggy sometimes pple tot im preggy *slaps forehead* that is why maybe some show more than others..good thing they say cos for ppl with smaller bumps can get slimmer faster after birth:)

My tummy looks big too & I'm only 5 weeks now. Because I've been on fertility drugs & I wasn't exercising in any way either so my tummy bloated up. Makes ppl think I'm preggy since last time! Tsk. Even a few days ago I attended a training & my colleagues thought im preggy.

Last time I used to tell ppl Thts my food baby they're seeing. Hehe

Hihi ladies I'm in my 14 wk now! Was silent in forum for a while after bfp...

I was in dr Sadhana for ivf then need to get another gynae as she doesn't do delivery... I tot that since record is in kk then must as well stay there... My experience in kkh was quite positive until ytd! I got the first appt of the day in private suite and the dr is late for 1.5 hrs. I went for a scan with this senior consultant who mistook my moving baby head for a cyst! Goodness! I'm bringing my service else where...

I totally agree that it is an nv ending worry till our babies are in our arms... Hope that it will be a smooth journey for all of us!

I was in dr Sadhana for ivf then need to get another gynae as she doesn't do delivery... I tot that since record is in kk then must as well stay there... My experience in kkh was quite positive until ytd! I got the first appt of the day in private suite and the dr is late for 1.5 hrs. I went for a scan with this senior consultant who mistook my moving baby head for a cyst! Goodness! I'm bringing my service else where...

I totally agree that it is an nv ending worry till our babies are in our arms... Hope that it will be a smooth journey for all of us!
congrats! huh mistook as a cyst! oh no..

Hi all

I also cannot fit in my bottoms, had to opt for those really elastic kinda or straight got maternity pants already ..good lah buy now cos dun restrict blood flow and oxygen to bb

Reactions: EnH
Btw is there anywhere that we can take on breastfeeding course? Read that it is quite complex and for a first timer may need more help and prep in that...

Hi straw! Same too! Sometimes wish tummy is transparent lol hmm some ladies de bump is pretty small..think hv to do with the fats on tummy area before preggy time..my case i was already big size lol even not preggy sometimes pple tot im preggy *slaps forehead* that is why maybe some show more than others..good thing they say cos for ppl with smaller bumps can get slimmer faster after birth:)
Chrisl, yeah, sometimes i hope can do ultrasound everyday, hahaha. No tummy worry, have big tummy also worry.

Btw is there anywhere that we can take on breastfeeding course? Read that it is quite complex and for a first timer may need more help and prep in that...
Will you join antenatal class provided by hospital? will.they teach us how to b/f? First baby, so i also blur blur.

Mistook bb head for a cyst is quite annoying.

It's ok I also got big tummy now... Many ppl commented I look 7-8mth but i am only 5mth lei. Nvm lor what to do? Everyone is different, think the tummy shd be the least of our worries.

@chrisl i only felt bb moving more regularly from 20 wk. before that was like some movement every 2-3 days and sometimes don't even know is it the baby or it's gas. U will start feeling the movements more regularly soon :)

Will you join antenatal class provided by hospital? will.they teach us how to b/f? First baby, so i also blur blur.

Mistook bb head for a cyst is quite annoying.

Hospital teach n the real thing is always the different lol

Lol dun think there's breastfeeding course but there's breeastfeeding talk conducted by Wong boi boh

U can look for doc tan hh he's a senior consultant over there also. I'm under him throughout my journey haha

Belated Congrats, Idazah! Saw this only now as I just gave birth. I understand how u feel as I've been thru that, the worries never cease. But you can celebrate the little milestones - everyday that passes without a problem is everyday that your bb grows bigger and stronger. Nausea is a part of MS! All the best on the pregnancy!

Belated Congrats, Idazah! Saw this only now as I just gave birth. I understand how u feel as I've been thru that, the worries never cease. But you can celebrate the little milestones - everyday that passes without a problem is everyday that your bb grows bigger and stronger. Nausea is a part of MS! All the best on the pregnancy!
Congrats Archie7!! Happy for u!! Enjoy motherhood!

Mummies since all of u are first time mummy. Let mi tell u something abt baby wearing.

Next time when ur bb are born pls don't get a hip seat, bjorn and front facing carrier. It's not good for their spine development.

There's a babywearing community in the facebook. U can join to know more abt babywearing.

There's also Breast feeding group which u mummies can join to know more n get more knowledge. But sometimes u also will read abt some stupid question also haha forgive mi for being so straight forward
Would u know which baby carrier is gd?

Back