Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

hi ecym, thanks for your reply. did your gynae (apart from ivf doctor) prescribe additional supplements or vitamins apart from folic acid? how often were your consultations with the gynae during first trimester?

other mummies to be, mind sharing your regime for first trimester?

Thanks!

I was exactly like @ecym in that I took duphaston and folic acid until end of 1st trimester, as well as TSB's an tai yao all the way until the last month of the pregnancy. Gynae also told me to take multivitamins that include calcium. I also took DHA (found in fish) on the advice of GNC which was a good idea as the smell/taste of fish caused me to throw up during morning sickness. 1st trimester visit to gynae was only once a month.

Thank u all. I jus don't understand why my gynae still ask me to take. He say ivf is very fragile n dun take risk..
It's to relax the uterus and reduce possible early contractions/crampy feelings. There's been studies to show benefits to ivf pregnancies if taken until 6 months.

Mosburger, thanks and great to hear that. My gynae never explain to me at all. Now I feel assured..

Happy new year to all mummies!

Thanks ecym and Archie. My hubby is half hearted abt TCM but I'm willing to give tsb clinic a try. Understand that the appt book is always full so guess by the time I get a slot, I will already be at week 6-8. Currently at week 4. Juz for my knowledge in advance, are her med for brewing and consumption at night? Since figure most of us are working. Is the brewing process straightfwd? Thanks!

Thanks ecym and Archie. My hubby is half hearted abt TCM but I'm willing to give tsb clinic a try. Understand that the appt book is always full so guess by the time I get a slot, I will already be at week 6-8. Currently at week 4. Juz for my knowledge in advance, are her med for brewing and consumption at night? Since figure most of us are working. Is the brewing process straightfwd? Thanks!

Her medicine is for brewing. She never said there must be a certain time of the day to consume it. But must consume on the exact dates that she indicates to you. To brew, pour three bowls of water into pot with herbs. Bring to the boil and simmer until the volume reduced to a bowl. Then filter out the liquid and set aside. Repeat the process to get one more bowl of liquid and mix the two bowls of liquid medicine together, which you will consume over two days (one bowl a day).

Last edited:
Last wed when I visit tsb w cakes from my bb shower, she mentioned her appt for first timer has stretch till march liao .

Her medicine is for brewing. She never said there must be a certain time of the day to consume it. But must consume on the exact dates that she indicates to you. To brew, pour three bowls of water into pot with herbs. Bring to the boil and simmer until the volume reduced to a bowl. Then filter out the liquid and set aside. Repeat the process to get one more bowl of liquid and mix the two bowls of liquid medicine together, which you will consume over two days (one bowl a day).

Thanks. But if I can't get appt with tsb like what dolly mentioned, I guess tsb & I are not meant to be.

Mummies to be, r u seeing any other TCM for ATY? Grateful for your recommendation and feedback on progress and regime with the physician. Thanks!

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!

hi ecym, thanks for your reply. did your gynae (apart from ivf doctor) prescribe additional supplements or vitamins apart from folic acid? how often were your consultations with the gynae during first trimester?
other mummies to be, mind sharing your regime for first trimester?
Thanks!

Me earlier weeks from bfp to week 12 was given a range from 2 utrogestan inserts daily+1 crinone+1 estrofem inserts+ 2x a week proluton jabs, 2 tablets duphaston daily., then as pregnancy progresses, doc told me to drop estrofem completely and reduced utrogestan insert to 1 daily and 1 x weekly jab in week 11 +12. Im still on duphaston now daily x2 but no more inserts completely.

As for TCM, im not on any think 2 months before ivf treatment. Else I normally take chicken essence occasionally. Prior, I took bazhen soup every month after af-this was the usual diy tcm I had. Now, I just take my usual supplements-folic acid, fishoils, calcium-daily but multivitamin-2/3 times a week.

I tried crinone before but I m allergy to it. Itch until I surrender n got greenish discharge. Then gynae change to utro inserts 3 times a day, but I play cheat, insert twice n took oral once a day.. cos it's hard for me to insert in mid day where I m outside or in ofc working..

huh..just at the end week 13 then crinone made me itch..i tot yeast infection so I dropped it

Thanks. But if I can't get appt with tsb like what dolly mentioned, I guess tsb & I are not meant to be.

Mummies to be, r u seeing any other TCM for ATY? Grateful for your recommendation and feedback on progress and regime with the physician. Thanks!

BCC at parkway? But he will only give An Tai Yao I think max twice during 1st tri. If I m not wrong he is open today le. Don't queue. Just go to the lady boss and tell her u r preggy. U get to cut queue

Btw u r wif dr Yu? She is a gd gynae just that SGH scanning machines are hopeless. So if u stick to her prepared for not so nice u/s pics

BCC at parkway? But he will only give An Tai Yao I think max twice during 1st tri. If I m not wrong he is open today le. Don't queue. Just go to the lady boss and tell her u r preggy. U get to cut queue

Btw u r wif dr Yu? She is a gd gynae just that SGH scanning machines are hopeless. So if u stick to her prepared for not so nice u/s pics

The nicer u/s pic are done at diagnostic O&G room...most public hospitals are like that... i think my pte gynae's machine also not fantastic too!

Last edited:

I was seeing tcm dr koh from nam hua tamp for after preggy and before for abt 2+yrs. She's a patient lady but d q is also quite logn sometimes esp weekday nites when she's ard on tue. Weekday morns are only wed and fri till 12pm. To see if u r interested. Also d same with boiled herbal formulas.

My reading was only 140 which seems to be really low, that was 12dp3dt. TCM dr also mentioned it is low. i know i shouldnt worry unnecessarily. hope for a steady spike next week on my next bt.

I had hcg 102 at 12dp3dt day too (previously) and doubled in 2 to 3 days time. Had a little girl.

So should double in 2 to 3 day time. All the best! Dont worry too much now. Usually the no is lower since u test earlier.

This time on 19d2dpt, my hcg is 800+.

My reading was only 140 which seems to be really low, that was 12dp3dt. TCM dr also mentioned it is low. i know i shouldnt worry unnecessarily. hope for a steady spike next week on my next bt.
Congrats! Don't worry about the HCG reading!

Try not to think abt it and hope for a good increase:)

Nothing.... no ms... absolutely nothing now. was like that for first one too which is good too. For no 1 my MS came at Tri 2 only.

I guess I am one of those unlucky ppl, after 16 weeks still got some MS... Though the good thing is that my MS is not the puking kind.

I puked water even though did not eat anything. can even puke while crossing the road with all the sticky water on my palm and nowhere else to wash my hands. so pei seh. Ms is really not fun.

Just wondering how to deal with MS should it happens at work.
(1) take medication from gynae to control the vomiting (but will not control nausea much).
(2) take MC on very bad days.

Not much other choices, besides going to toilet often.

hi mei/jennaW/mrs tann you got try eating small meals not? I found out I hv to eat constantly else the ms comes very fast too even now after week 14..

My ms also not puking type but I feel nauseous and like machiam sick like that..but only morning while brushing teeth i'll gag..i find it strange..

Just wondering how to deal with MS should it happens at work.
you can try placing some plain meiji biscuits at your workstation and when say in between meals nibble a few, this will prevent the acidic gastric juice from coming up and irritating your stomach thus making ms worse..

hi mei/jennaW/mrs tann you got try eating small meals not? I found out I hv to eat constantly else the ms comes very fast too even now after week 14..
U R right. Small frequent meals keep MS off... Also good for those who are more sceptical to gestational diabetes

My ms on off till mid tri 2.worse still when I have good food I will puke all out. My bb dun like it, she prefers simple food lor, I gave up. So I almost daily soupy beehoon or kway teow Plus I had super bad indigestion afternoon onwards until I dun feel like,eating dinner at all. Tri 3 my tummy will b bloated evening onwards until I dun know to sit or stand or lie on bed.
Finally all is over now n I miss the days of her inside me..
Meanwhile enjoy ur pregnancy journey..

hmm.. if they ask, say no... or can say u wait and see lo.
im used to pple asking me cos Im quite plump at the tummy.

I get it after eating le. Eat less or eat more also the same. My MS is worse if i consume sweet stuff.
Also, the MS feeling after wk 12 is different from the MS feeling before that... Dunno why like that.

today im gg for a scan. is it a vaginal scan or abdomen scan? my et is 10 dec, hpt positive on 26 dec and now its 5 jan. so im 5th week?

today im gg for a scan. is it a vaginal scan or abdomen scan? my et is 10 dec, hpt positive on 26 dec and now its 5 jan. so im 5th week?

Back