Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

oh ya wan to ask what other insurnace can we buy for our complications during pregnancy or during childbirth?

Does yr sil know which plan name of AIA and Prudential? I'm not looking for life insurance, but rather like a plain maternity cover that covers pregnancy complications charges incurred by the mum and for the baby.

Does yr sil know which plan name of AIA and Prudential? I'm not looking for life insurance, but rather like a plain maternity cover that covers pregnancy complications charges incurred by the mum and for the baby.

Yes. It's just for maternity cover n medical. In the past they don't cover IVF patients but now they do. I got to check the name. She says no rush Cux still early

AIA Family First Baby http://www.aia.com.sg/en/individuals/products-services/protection/life/aia_family_first_baby.html
I last asked Prudential, their plan does not cover IVF babies.

Tip from my experience: Buy the insurance at 18-20 weeks before u go for detailed scan and glucose tolerance test. May need doc to fill up gynae report and have exclusions if there's complications. Better contact the agent early.

scan went well and saw blinking blink heart beat.. but do hv a cyst at ovary but doc say its common for ivf patients after using stimulation drugs..
I had cysts at right ovary too in early pregnancy. They will shrink as the pregnancy progresses. Just take note and remind doc/sonographer to look at them again during the next scan. If the size shrinks, nothing to worry. :)

hi mummies. do we bring the GE neonatal insurance document (when we signed up before ET) when we deliver our baby?
I suggest put in a file with marriage cert, hosp bills for Medisave claim. Just bring. I know of another mummy whose ivf baby required NICU after delivery. Just fill in the claim form and the hosp nurse/admin has experience guiding u thru this claim. This GE insurance is an exclusive plan between hosp and GE, so if u call GE on ur own, there may not be experienced agents who can guide u thru this.

i bought the aia one...the type w life insurance n that is the only type they hv so no choice to choose de. bb n mum complications must add on so call rider which last till 3 yrs only then auto switch bk to life insurance only no more rider. max is $150k. best to sign after u did detailed scan as need to submit the report to them :)

Didn u mummies ask to sign the insurance form after u have done the ET?
I did. But may want to buy extra. That coverage is very small only.. $150 to $300 a day only up to $54k (for lower class stay only). Actually for singleton still okay more for multiple pregnancy where chances of premature birth is much higher.

Read the AIA link... not very attractive. Lump sum is $5k is too small, looks like no option to buy more cover and the daily benefit is $100 which is not that much either. Hmm and I dislike the fact that its a ILP cover...I prefer term coverages just like GE type.. The conditions of AIA is quite restricted only those listed are covered. As for GE, it is as long as yr baby has to be admitted to a neonatal ward, there is coverage automatically regardless of what kind of condition but GE does not cover for the mummy's pregnancy complications. If only there is such a plan to top up on top of GE and offer maternity complications for the mummy. Like our basic shield plan and the top up shield plan like that.

I know a lot of coverages exclude IVF babies. So need to find one that accept. Still looking for the most suitable one. Guess maybe AIA is the only one offerring. Another type is tagged to Bupa plan but thats very high premium type I believe.

Last edited:
I did. But may want to buy extra. That coverage is very small only.. $150 to $300 a day only up to $54k (for lower class stay only). Actually for singleton still okay more for multiple pregnancy where chances of premature birth is much higher.

Read the AIA link... not very attractive. Lump sum is $5k is too small, looks like no option to buy more cover and the daily benefit is $100 which is not that much either. Hmm and I dislike the fact that its a ILP cover...I prefer term coverages just like GE type.. The conditions of AIA is quite restricted only those listed are covered. As for GE, it is as long as yr baby has to be admitted to a neonatal ward, there is coverage automatically regardless of what kind of condition but GE does not cover for the mummy's pregnancy complications. If only there is such a plan to top up on top of GE and offer maternity complications for the mummy. Like our basic shield plan and the top up shield plan like that.

I know a lot of coverages exclude IVF babies. So need to find one that accept. Still looking for the most suitable one. Guess maybe AIA is the only one offerring. Another type is tagged to Bupa plan but thats very high premium type I believe.

U mean if anything happen during preg or after deliver the bb has any issue the coverage is low huh

Read this in one of the chat..
ImageUploadedByForum1420906882.092160.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1420906903.625029.jpg

GE plan launched 2014 for pregnancy cover is term, but excludes ivf pregnancy. not cheap also, lik almost a thousand...

bupa not sure if excludes ivf preg, but can only claim med expenses if deliver 10m aft start of policy. premium mayb roughly ard sgd1.3k from an old quote...

true-aia one is 5k only n ilp..

No ms symptoms whatsoever, now nearly 7 weeks. Only sore boobs esp when sleeping &
a faint bump showing since 1 week ago, measuring 3 fingers below belly button. Feel anxious why no other "normal" symptoms. Sigh! Is 7 weeks too early to scan for fetal heartbeat? Very worried abt disappointment :(

JennaW u might be one of those lucky ones without much morning sickness :) if u worried, pop by some nearby gynae and do a scan? 7 weeks should be able to hear already thru v scan..

No ms symptoms whatsoever, now nearly 7 weeks. Only sore boobs esp when sleeping &
a faint bump showing since 1 week ago, measuring 3 fingers below belly button. Feel anxious why no other "normal" symptoms. Sigh! Is 7 weeks too early to scan for fetal heartbeat? Very worried abt disappointment :(

I guess i am 1 of the lucky one like you who doesnt have much morning sickness or sore boobs during the early days. So i was always thinking and fretted with myself am i really pregnant? Haha... i sought to googling ard but in the end just add on troubles to myself. Try to relax ba. If you really feel uncomfy then can go for outside gynaes for a peace of mind. But my near 5.5 week scan is able to see the fetal heartbeat. By now you should be able to. Jiayou!

I saw heartbeat at wk6+ so u shd b able to.. have faith in ur little one inside. I do understand for us who went thru ivf to bfp, sure paranoid n worry daily is my pregnancy still there Especially u dun see the symptoms wat others are talking abt. U need to b Zen n calm if not u will have sleepness night like me in the beginning.. like torture myself..
Vy soon u will b gg for ur oscar test at wk 12..
Jiayou mummies! I went thru the ups n downs n I m sure u all can

Thank you ladies for encouragement. :) my first scan is this week. Fingers crossed. How far is everyone in this journey? When did you start visiting a private Gynae?

Thank you ladies for encouragement. :) my first scan is this week. Fingers crossed. How far is everyone in this journey? When did you start visiting a private Gynae?

I'm already in my 37th week. Waiting to cradle my boy in my arms soon. :) Gynae is suggesting to induce 1.5 weeks later due to my blood sugar levels. So see whether my boy to come out earlier or not. Hehe... if too late i may have to endure confinement during CNY..... I didnt go for private gynaes which i considered at 1st. Coz i learnt that any complications still need to come back KKH..... Which i have seen 2 cases ard me. But if u really wanna change, advisable to be after 1st trim. ;)

I'm already in my 37th week. Waiting to cradle my boy in my arms soon. :) Gynae is suggesting to induce 1.5 weeks later due to my blood sugar levels. So see whether my boy to come out earlier or not. Hehe... if too late i may have to endure confinement during CNY..... I didnt go for private gynaes which i considered at 1st. Coz i learnt that any complications still need to come back KKH..... Which i have seen 2 cases ard me. But if u really wanna change, advisable to be after 1st trim. ;)

I hope I can be like you, no MS and like other mummies here to have a successful ivf pregnancy and delivery. Congrats on the addition to the family very soon!

I hope I can be like you, no MS and like other mummies here to have a successful ivf pregnancy and delivery. Congrats on the addition to the family very soon!
Thank you very much! I really pray for smooth delivery and a very healthy boy born! Have faith in your baby and you. It may sound silly. But i have started talking to my boy before my bfp call. It's a kind of reassurance and faith to yourself and your baby. So i put in an amt of effort for prenatal education throughout my pregnancy even though i'm still working. Hope he really absorb what i told him. Hehe... and d chats with your baby will get increasingly interesting when you can feel the fetal movements. You can give it a try. :) All the best to you too!

Why muz visit a private gynae? I stick to my ivf gynae which is doc tan throughout, my 2nd bb I'm going back to him also haha

Why muz visit a private gynae? I stick to my ivf gynae which is doc tan throughout, my 2nd bb I'm going back to him also haha

Oic, wondering if waiting time is shorter or easier to get appt with a private one since some operate after working hours and weekends. I'm with sgh and comfortable with my ivf doc as well. But quite difficult to get appt with her. But unsure when's a gd or "usual" time to switch.

Actually ard last 2 weeks ago in my week 14 I started with a pte gynae already..to scan and excuse to see bbs and also to take yeast infection medication as my NUH doc is too far and long to wait as oppose to this nearby gyane whom I can reach by bus and wait ard 30mins versus 2hrs..

Some ivf docs like Professor PC Wong and Dr sadhana dun do deliveries so hv to change doc anyway..

Actually ard last 2 weeks ago in my week 14 I started with a pte gynae already..to scan and excuse to see bbs and also to take yeast infection medication as my NUH doc is too far and long to wait as oppose to this nearby gyane whom I can reach by bus and wait ard 30mins versus 2hrs..

Haha..like the part u said "excuse" to see babies. :) have u tot of getting fetal Doppler?

Haha..like the part u said "excuse" to see babies. :) have u tot of getting fetal Doppler?
actually no leh cos my bro lent me his stethoscope instead lol..and doppler like got sound waves..im just paranoid to expose bbs to the waves..well that is just me lah:)

ms is really bad. I don't necessarily puke all the time but it has sent me into a depressing mode. Sometimes I cried when I had to insert the utrogestan and swallow the duphaston. Talked to my gynae today and he approved of me stopping utrogestan. Hooray! I'm only 11 weeks today but things are very well apart from the mild depression.
Did the panorama test today which is similar to harmony and will know if things are indeed well in a couple of weeks.
I didn't know a stethoscope works. I might hunt for one to listen to baby's heartbeat. Thanks for the tip.

ms is really bad. I don't necessarily puke all the time but it has sent me into a depressing mode. Sometimes I cried when I had to insert the utrogestan and swallow the duphaston. Talked to my gynae today and he approved of me stopping utrogestan. Hooray! I'm only 11 weeks today but things are very well apart from the mild depression.
Did the panorama test today which is similar to harmony and will know if things are indeed well in a couple of weeks.
I didn't know a stethoscope works. I might hunt for one to listen to baby's heartbeat. Thanks for the tip.

MS is awful but you can take comfort in the fact that MS is a likely indication that your bb is growing well! Hang in there! You will probably get a respite during the 2nd trimester but discomforts will kick in again in the 3rd trimester. All part of the experiences of motherhood!

Oic, wondering if waiting time is shorter or easier to get appt with a private one since some operate after working hours and weekends. I'm with sgh and comfortable with my ivf doc as well. But quite difficult to get appt with her. But unsure when's a gd or "usual" time to switch.

Oh mine is doc tan at kkh n his appointment is very full n need to wait very long also. But we are used to it so stick to him don't wish to switch here n there. If u want to switch, better do it now

Oh no..cheer up..remind urself ms means bb is growing well..hopefully by stopping utrogestan u will feel better..hmm actually im not sure if it works when still early stage but then i googled and it stated that later part is useful..right now i think i can only hear my own heartbeats lol and some sounds like digesting and bubbles popping:):)

JennaW for me when i scanned on 5w2d saw 3 sacs but no fetalpoles, rescanned another time 7w2d saw flickering heart beats already..once u positive on bt day considered 4weeks preggy already..

Lol chrisl, slp more now... when after birth not much time to nap. Ur slp will always b interrupted...
Yah lor lol trying to sleep when im tired, cos night time keep waking up to pee..and the neighbour above keep knocking till very late and the sounds kept me from sleeping..

JennaW for me when i scanned on 5w2d saw 3 sacs but no fetalpoles, rescanned another time 7w2d saw flickering heart beats already..once u positive on bt day considered 4weeks preggy already..

Sigh, I dont know how to calculate IVF pregnancy weeks. My LMP was 27 Nov 14, ET of 3d embryo was 18 Dec 14, bt 30 Dec 14. No heartbeat detected today and it measured only 3mm. Sonographer said 3mm is about 3 weeks only. 3 weeks what? Fetal age? too many lingo and concepts to grasp - not sure how many weeks I am now. By LMP, I am at 7 weeks. Today Dr told me i am 5 weeks (how's this possible?) Using this calculator keying in ET date, http://www.babymed.com/pregnancy-calendar-and-calculator-week-by-week, i am at week 6. so confusing... Can someone pls enlighten? o_O

Sigh, I dont know how to calculate IVF pregnancy weeks. My LMP was 27 Nov 14, ET of 3d embryo was 18 Dec 14, bt 30 Dec 14. No heartbeat detected today and it measured only 3mm. Sonographer said 3mm is about 3 weeks only. 3 weeks what? Fetal age? too many lingo and concepts to grasp - not sure how many weeks I am now. By LMP, I am at 7 weeks. Today Dr told me i am 5 weeks (how's this possible?) Using this calculator keying in ET date, http://www.babymed.com/pregnancy-calendar-and-calculator-week-by-week, i am at week 6. so confusing... Can someone pls enlighten? o_O

Ivf calculation is different frm normal preg. We calculate the date which we do our ET but when gynae calculate is base on our last menses.

I think just use the online ivf calculator by ET or ER date. That one quite accurate.

I didn't see hb until 6wk 1day. Btw i scanned a few days earlier during 5th wk (cos bleeding) but no hb detected. So prob need to wait a while. U will see it soon!

Try this link jenna
http://ivf.ca/duedate.php

Your ovulation date should put as your ER day..

First scan at 5w2d is from LMP? Or?

No not LMP..all ivf pregnancies they count from the day they retrieve the eggs ER day as ovulation day..so to say ur case ur ER was 15/dec, then when u bt 30/dec u were ard 4 weeks, then by now you should be in your 6th weeks now..

Some ppl heard heartbeats ard week 7 so talk to your bb meanwhile stay positive ok..try to rest well and eat well..i supposed ur doc will schedule another scan again in a week's time to see:) so u will hear by then:)

No not LMP..all ivf pregnancies they count from the day they retrieve the eggs ER day as ovulation day..so to say ur case ur ER was 15/dec, then when u bt 30/dec u were ard 4 weeks, then by now you should be in your 6th weeks now..

Some ppl heard heartbeats ard week 7 so talk to your bb meanwhile stay positive ok..try to rest well and eat well..i supposed ur doc will schedule another scan again in a week's time to see:) so u will hear by then:)

Thanks for the encouragement. :) is this "week 7" by ivf weeks or since lmp? This makes a big diff esp in first trimester..haha. Fingers crossed anyway. :)

Thanks for the encouragement. :) is this "week 7" by ivf weeks or since lmp? This makes a big diff esp in first trimester..haha. Fingers crossed anyway. :)

hmm...dun confuse urself and me wahahaha:p:D, now u dun think of LMP anymore, straight think 30th dec u were already 4 weeks preggy thru ivf that means next tues u will be in ard pregnancy week 7;)

Anyone delivered with Tan HH previously? And those with Dr Sadana, may I know which gynae u choosw if u go back to KKH?

Back