Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

Hi mei, I from gg crazy to numb. From blank face to black face. I simply cannot handle them being so overwhelming, coming my hse day n night, better still now use our spare keys come n go as they like.. imagine I was pumping in the living room, I hear the door open, I literally ran into my room w the pump.
When I was in hospital, they came visit me from 10am -8pm plus.how to rest or bf probably.. I trying telling my hsb but to him He sees it tat his parents love our bb alot n He is proud of it..OMG, He fails to understand tat I feel my Space super invaded n being monitored daily. 2 more days my cl leaving, I can't imagine ..
It's not tat I dun appreciate their help but I want to learn to take care of bb myself, I need to learn to b independent..

I can imagine that after I give birth next year, my PIL will do the same as yours. OMG! Just by thinking of it can make me getting mad.

How to prevent it?! What should I do when it happens ?:(

Hi all mums there, I had just recently procured an education system designed for age 0 to 12, I think its comprehensively competent, share with you folks on a later note.

But of urgency to share with you guys are the various core policies that I had recently bought for my newborn. I had corresponded with about 4 different financial advisers (GE, Pru, PIAS and Finexis) in order to find the best design and value for my baby. It was a bit taxing, but ultimately I had settled on the Finexis adviser.

Buying policies wise, design of plans type and amount to have is the core, then of next importance is the value of the plans across all the different insurers. Note that not all Shield plans are the same and that what is even more important are the life policy and saving plans, a comparison among these across different insurers are very important. If I had not compared, I would have lost some 5 figures, wow.

But above all, we really like what the Finexis adviser did. His designs of plan was largely superior to the other 3 advisers and was indeed more comprehensive and yet less costly for me and husband. When we got an ex adviser relative to peruse the plan, we felt bad for the adviser, because my cousin said while the plan was genius, adviser's commission appeared largely subdued.

All things said, the other 3 advisers were largely likeable too but due to expenses over the years, I am cornered to only select the one of best interest to my family.

You guys enjoy your process. If you should need hear my adviser's proposition you could buzz him at 97463646, Peh. He serves as a director, trains many of his subordinates, he should be up to mark to help we folks.

Cheers everybody!

Oh btw, I am thinking of synchronizing toddler education syllabus, anybody like to be part of this group? pm me? Thks.
What is synchronising the education syllabus?

I can imagine that after I give birth next year, my PIL will do the same as yours. OMG! Just by thinking of it can make me getting mad.

How to prevent it?! What should I do when it happens ?:(
Haha I already agreed with my husband to not announce our baby's birth until one day later. If not... It's the end. I think both our parents will be camping at the hospital morn to night and we don't need to rest liao. Guess u got to talk with ur hubby abt it already. Luckily my hubby is on my side and he will not hesitate to defy her to protect other interests... Hopefully it stays that way after birth.

ya.. i dun understand y sm parents can camp there morn till night.. friends cum liao also no place 2sit... can only try 2manage..

ya.. i dun understand y sm parents can camp there morn till night.. friends cum liao also no place 2sit... can only try 2manage..
Ya true. Once parents come I also dunno how already. Not like I got the 地位to tell them to go home once they have some time with baby. And don't think they take hints haha. If u got any tips pls share with me.

need siblings help.. brg them away 4lunch etc... n send them hm.. jus tell them baby need 2sleep.. got other visitors..

Personally I think the parents are just concern and want to participate in the new addition to the family. It is out of love from them.. They might not thought that they have intrude to your life. I do not have any parents in law and only left with my mum around.. When we have our first nephew in family, my mum also keep dropping by my bro house but soon the 2nd and 3rd come, she lost the enthusiasm.. Partly I also have been telling her not to bother too much about how my brothers take care of the kids.. It's their family.. She get it.. Maybe if you all worry about frequent visiting.. Can just get ur dh or your sibling in laws to hint to them..

actually the way I see it is they are just trying to help u and its really nice of them to do that.... just over concerned and a bit lack manners like dont inform before coming.

on the other extreme side is they dont even bother to come at all for the 4 mths, leaving u alone with the baby. means cant even pee or shower in peace or even drink a cup of water or even cook lunch to eat (end up cook maggie mee when is not good for bf anyway) especially wen u have a difficult baby to look after. so tired that accidents can happen.

a mum was bf her baby and so feeling so tired since she look after her baby alone with hubby going to work daily that the baby fell from her hands grip/ cradle as she dozed off when bf-ing.

Last edited:
Haha I already agreed with my husband to not announce our baby's birth until one day later. If not... It's the end. I think both our parents will be camping at the hospital morn to night and we don't need to rest liao. Guess u got to talk with ur hubby abt it already. Luckily my hubby is on my side and he will not hesitate to defy her to protect other interests... Hopefully it stays that way after birth.

You r right!
I am so so so regret to tell my PIL that I'm pregnant. I made a big mistake. :(

I should keep it as secret till baby 1mo!

So regret!

u mean after u delivered, u dont inform them after a day? not sure if i understand correctly. think some parents may feel extremely offended by this.. I have seen this happening before. but if no need to consider abt their feelings too much (sorry if this is too frank) then its ok lor. or u mean no need tp announce u r pregnant? that time.i din notice I was preggy but so weird, they dreamt that I was and they asked my hubby. my parents side relatives also dreamt that I was preggy. so cannot hide the news.

Last edited:
That's interesting! Mb I will go check it out hehe! Thanks for the info!
Yup! The other thing that I bought recently is the insurance policy and shield plan for my newborn. In the past we had been too "blinded" by those few big insurance companies until my Finexis adviser who is highly recommended by my friends, shows us the comparison and differences in GE, Prudential, AIA, NTUC Income, Tokyo Marine, etc. That is when I realise I've been paying too much a premium for my other advisers' commission in those companies.By the way, Finexis is the largest independent financial advisory company in Singapore. Their advisers are able to recommend and design quality plans for us from various insurance companies and give us the best deal. Win win situation. No obligation to buy from him. Since i like his client service experience and attitude with us, just thought that it would be good to share about this so that we can really compare enough to decide what's the best for our newborn.

By the way this Finexis adviser is also a branch director in Finexis.

@joy_meme, @Hope42014 and @mrs_tann thanks for ur advices. I am still trying to change my perspective, that they will do this out of love. Guess I am just very scared of the future also and dunno how u all cope with it!

For informing parents, our priority is one day rest before anyone comes. I think it is also insulting to tell them the moment baby is born then say, "but can u come one day later instead because we need to rest?" So I don't know if delaying the announcement of birth is a better choice or there are other ways?

@MTB-2015, why do u say telling PIL about ur pregnancy was a big mistake? I am not intending to say anything until about 5 or 6 months. Cuz I previously m/c and now very scared to tell ppl. Also my PIL thinks that IVF babies are weak. I kinda regretted telling them we went through IVF and m/c but at least they were quite kind and stopped telling us to "做功课” after that. Prob will announce during CNY period lo. Anw now tummy still invisible at 4 mth. Just went for wedding dinner this wk end and got the usual "eh when u having a baby huh! Ur PIL wait for so long already wor." Lol!

Tummy will tell, no need purposely announce. If not bcos of some complication in my early tri, I won't even allow dh tell his parents.
Let nature takes it's course bah. But it's aso not vy nice to tell parents until vy late lor. Imagine u are the parents n ur kid do tat to u next time. So I try to b fair. My dh did tell his parents not to say to others yet including bil n wife until we are comfy abt it.

actually my parents was v v offended and v upset when we learnt fr fb that my bro baby was delivered. and soonafter we recv an sms showing them baby in their arms at the ward. thats my own experience. sometimes we tell our frens.. like hey my waterbag burst how huh. shld I go hosp.. the last thing we inform is our parents. then again its my bro.. so being a guy maybe he think its no big deal.. but my parents were real upset abt this - like being treated like any other of their normal frens when receiving such news.

i was so terrified that i din tell my in laws n parents till lik 5m plus, when stomach 2big 2hide.. i also warn my parents dun tell any1... in é end they still did coz her frens started askin if we wanted some of é pass on stuff... my logic is if anythg happens, we juz sob on our own can liao.. dun let é folks b heartbroken with us...

frens also.. i even ask my fren 2hide my stomach in phts n dun tag me.. jus feel that until baby is born, no need 2let so many people know..

throughout é pregnancy i also made quite a few emergency visits 2gyne 4dif issues....even till up 2delivery it was from a emergency walk in visit. ahead of é start of è weekly visits..

but i did let sm frens who may be passin out their baby stuff for good.. n my bffs...

Last edited:
i was so terrified that i din tell my in laws n parents till lik 5m plus, when stomach 2big 2hide.. i also warn my parents dun tell any1... in é end they still did coz her frens started askin if we wanted some of é pass on stuff... my logic is if anythg happens, we juz sob on our own can liao.. dun let é folks b heartbroken with us...

frens also.. i even ask my fren 2hide my stomach in phts n dun tag me.. jus feel that until baby is born, no need 2let so many people know..

throughout é pregnancy i also made quite a few emergency visits 2gyne 4dif issues....even till up 2delivery it was from a emergency walk in visit. ahead of é start of è weekly visits..

but i did let sm frens who may be passin out their baby stuff for good.. n my bffs...
Hi joy_meme

I share the same sentiments exactly! Maybe is cause of the failures before this pregnancy and those inconsiderate remarks from ppl ard me that i also didnt feel like sharing to many ppl. Only my mum and in laws know abt my ivf journey and we told them since i fell pregnant. Thankfully they keep this to themselves. After 3 mths then i tell my boss and colleagues coz i need to inform them due to my jobscope will be harmful to bb. I suffered the MS quietly at wk with my normal duties then. But no choice. Then i also had a few scares for my spotting and 5th mth scan where they had a finding which i even had to go thru amnio to confirm my bb is normal. I find that every pregnancy is not easy and even tougher for us who went thru the ivf way. So i think we mummies should bite the bullet for our bb! Our most impt thing and joy is to have our precious bb with us, ya?

But i think it's impt to share with parents. They have their fair share of joy to this new addition to the family too. But different family have different problems. Jiayou gals!

My mum knows when I BFP, but I tell her not to tell till baby is stable.. Reason being that I have first miscarriage at wk 8 too, and I think she is rather heart broken when she hear the news. This time round, my mum tells my relative around 6mths when I know the baby gender. As I go to visit her every week for dinner, she really take care of me to ensure I have fish and soup during my visit. This is the love that they unconditionally give their kids... I believe communication plays a part.. do tell them your thoughts, I believe they understand. :)

Just like some of you, I did not announce my pregnancy in FB, only close one will know that I am pregnant. I also avoid putting picture of me in facebook.. now looking super ugly ... hahahaha...

I just saw 3D profile of my baby, so happy!! Another 2 more mths to hold her in my arms...

My mum knows when I BFP, but I tell her not to tell till baby is stable.. Reason being that I have first miscarriage at wk 8 too, and I think she is rather heart broken when she hear the news. This time round, my mum tells my relative around 6mths when I know the baby gender. As I go to visit her every week for dinner, she really take care of me to ensure I have fish and soup during my visit. This is the love that they unconditionally give their kids... I believe communication plays a part.. do tell them your thoughts, I believe they understand. :)

Just like some of you, I did not announce my pregnancy in FB, only close one will know that I am pregnant. I also avoid putting picture of me in facebook.. now looking super ugly ... hahahaha...

I just saw 3D profile of my baby, so happy!! Another 2 more mths to hold her in my arms...
I also did the same like you. Quite thankful i had a very understanding mum too. Haha...

Btw is the 3d profile of ur baby done by choice or a routine?

true.. i had multiple failed clomid cycles, 1 fail so-iui, 1 fail fresh that ended with chemical pregnancy, this round icsi nearly ended up with nothin 2trf cöz embryos had bi-neculeaity @d2...

we jus swollow our tears on our own can liao... no need 2let é folks b heartbroken n no need let those gosspiers tak this as their tea topic..

My Dr has the machine, so just give us the little bonus to see the baby face. Baby has turn down already.. really surprise, since it is at wk29 only. No wonder I feel my baby kicking around my upper stomach area.. Talking about it, she is kicking now...

My Dr has the machine, so just give us the little bonus to see the baby face. Baby has turn down already.. really surprise, since it is at wk29 only. No wonder I feel my baby kicking around my upper stomach area.. Talking about it, she is kicking now...
I see... my gynae's machine is so small... everytime have to make out what he is describing to me on bb's heart and etc. Lol. My bb was in position when i went for my 24 week visit. I do pelvic tilts and kegel exercise everyday. And i heard the tilts can help to make bb adjust position.

Hi, how do you all deal with morning sickness? My morning sickness usually comes in the evening.

Don't eat large meals and spicy food. Take small, frequent meals. Drink ginger tea to fend off the nausea. If you're throwing up everything you eat, try eating wheat biscuits and drinking glucose water.

The ginger tea is good. It helps with the bloating too. I feel super nauseated at abt 9 p.m. I must eat something all the time or I will feel like throwing up. Right now, I fancy oranges. They never tasted sooo good!

The ginger tea is good. It helps with the bloating too. I feel super nauseated at abt 9 p.m. I must eat something all the time or I will feel like throwing up. Right now, I fancy oranges. They never tasted sooo good!
I also find eating in small meals help to curb the MS. But try not to eat and sleep immediately. I tried once and couldnt sleep after that.... haha....

Has any mummies felt ur bb doing the pulsating movement in tummy. It's not like kicks or rolling around. Just felt like a heart beat. Mine happens quite long and quite a few times a day...

I have bad MS for the first 5 mths. Try to eat light... soup and porridge or steam food. Now my problem is my gastric and stomach are compressed.... cannot take in too much food.. so I break up to small meals.

I feel the pulsating movement. In the early days when I cannot feel the baby kicking, I will look at my tummy for signs of heart beat.

I am taking pilates class, once a week.. just to force myself to exercise a bit.. I also have pre-natal massage on a weekly basis to improve my blood circulation and water retention problem. I always try to console myself that my weight gain is mostly from water.. ;) cos my feet start to swell since 2nd month of pregnancy.

@dolly_gal yes understand... Is it too late to say at 5 mth? Prefer to make sure detailed scan is ok first... But thanks for ur advice.
Our plan initially aso wait till detail scan. In fact my tummy didn't really show till after wk26 onwards. It was till the vy last 2 mths then got ppl give up seats to me in mrt train.. mayb u just tell dh to tell his parents that u all prefer low profile especially after the mc previously.

actually my parents was v v offended and v upset when we learnt fr fb that my bro baby was delivered. and soonafter we recv an sms showing them baby in their arms at the ward. thats my own experience. sometimes we tell our frens.. like hey my waterbag burst how huh. shld I go hosp.. the last thing we inform is our parents. then again its my bro.. so being a guy maybe he think its no big deal.. but my parents were real upset abt this - like being treated like any other of their normal frens when receiving such news.
Can understand why ur parents feel like this. Any parent would want to be the first to hear the news from their children and I think they have earned this right with their selfless care over the years! I hope they are not angry now though!

true.. i had multiple failed clomid cycles, 1 fail so-iui, 1 fail fresh that ended with chemical pregnancy, this round icsi nearly ended up with nothin 2trf cöz embryos had bi-neculeaity @d2...

we jus swollow our tears on our own can liao... no need 2let é folks b heartbroken n no need let those gosspiers tak this as their tea topic..
Joy_meme jiayou... How many weeks are u now?
Hi, how do you all deal with morning sickness? My morning sickness usually comes in the evening.
Mb eat a light meal for dinner then sleep it off? That's what I did last time though the feeling when lying down was not comfortable...

Our plan initially aso wait till detail scan. In fact my tummy didn't really show till after wk26 onwards. It was till the vy last 2 mths then got ppl give up seats to me in mrt train.. mayb u just tell dh to tell his parents that u all prefer low profile especially after the mc previously.
Yes that sounds like a gd idea ;)

I have bad MS for the first 5 mths. Try to eat light... soup and porridge or steam food. Now my problem is my gastric and stomach are compressed.... cannot take in too much food.. so I break up to small meals.

I feel the pulsating movement. In the early days when I cannot feel the baby kicking, I will look at my tummy for signs of heart beat.

I am taking pilates class, once a week.. just to force myself to exercise a bit.. I also have pre-natal massage on a weekly basis to improve my blood circulation and water retention problem. I always try to console myself that my weight gain is mostly from water.. ;) cos my feet start to swell since 2nd month of pregnancy.
I still feel the pulsating movements now... Not sure whether is hicupping or
drinking fluid or what. I will check with gynae on my coming visit a few days later. :)

No ppl can tell I'm preg haha throughout my preg I manage to keep quiet until my bb was born n they are like huh I got bb n even give birth to it. But that is to the extend of friends la for family I nv really announce coz I have those nausea action to make after every meal so by hearing my nausea sound all of them know liao haha n is kind of exciting to keep my preg a secret frm friends. Met my ex colleague n she can't even tell I'm preg haha

No ppl can tell I'm preg haha throughout my preg I manage to keep quiet until my bb was born n they are like huh I got bb n even give birth to it. But that is to the extend of friends la for family I nv really announce coz I have those nausea action to make after every meal so by hearing my nausea sound all of them know liao haha n is kind of exciting to keep my preg a secret frm friends. Met my ex colleague n she can't even tell I'm preg haha
Wah so lucky! Like that u don't even need to wear maternity clothes right? And I guess u can also return to pre-baby size faster!

Wah so lucky! Like that u don't even need to wear maternity clothes right? And I guess u can also return to pre-baby size faster!

Yup Maybe I belong to those pump size de so can't tell I'm preg n my clothes all along is those baggy clothes so no need buy any clothes

im hoping to join this thread soon. yes also agree we gone thru so much that we rather dont say until the baby is out safely.. but sometimes circumstances dont allow.. like must tell boss in advance and our body size give us away. how many are twins mummies here - I wonder twins mummies still work after 4 mth ML or stop working totally to care for the kids with some help?

im hoping to join this thread soon. yes also agree we gone thru so much that we rather dont say until the baby is out safely.. but sometimes circumstances dont allow.. like must tell boss in advance and our body size give us away. how many are twins mummies here - I wonder twins mummies still work after 4 mth ML or stop working totally to care for the kids with some help?
Hi hope u can join us too! All the best!

mei-i m from 2014 thread.. but i do read this 2015 thread quite freq.. my little one jus over a week now..

parents is smthg that muz b managed carefully... grow~~

mei-i m from 2014 thread.. but i do read this 2015 thread quite freq.. my little one jus over a week now..

parents is smthg that muz b managed carefully... grow~~
Wow congrats babe on the safe delivery of ur little one!

Yes agree with u. Even now I am still in a dilemma what to do with parents. Want privacy but also don't want to offend them. But I guess in the end if ur kid got more ppl love him/her can't go wrong...

Hi, i m new in this forum. I did a scan on wed the size of the yolk sac measure 5 week 2 days. But doctor said base on et date shall be 6 week. May i know any ladies encounter the same problem as mine.

Hi, i m new in this forum. I did a scan on wed the size of the yolk sac measure 5 week 2 days. But doctor said base on et date shall be 6 week. May i know any ladies encounter the same problem as mine.
Ya I encountered before. What did the doctor advise u?

Back